• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
If it pertains to anyone else here:
The Discord Server for #ShantaeForSmash is now unavailable to the public until further notice, due to another wave of lowly-wretch scum storming in solely to dish out slews of explicitly suggestive images.

Please, don't any of you ever become bored to such an extent.

WELELELELELELELP

Edit: It still exists, but no invites will work, as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
If it pertains to anyone else here:
The Discord Server for #ShantaeForSmash is now unavailable to the public until further notice, due to another wave of lowly-wretch scum storming in solely to dish out slews of explicitly suggestive images.

Please, don't any of you ever become bored to such an extent.

WELELELELELELELP

Edit: It still exists, but no invites will work, as far as I'm aware.
Understandable. Discord raids are pretty frustrating to deal with, and sometimes the only way you can is by disabling invitations for awhile.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's weird. Shouldn't those users who posted the images be dealt with? Well i guess i dont know how it works but if they're reported i would guess something will be done,.. hopefully.

There are assholes in the world. Thankfully there are good people too.

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... it's just annoying that people have nothing better to do than act like bratty kids, but what are ya gonna do really, it's the internet. Where all the **** kids come out to play!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Maybe we should get a private Discord and anyone who joins will do so via Private Mail that way we can control who goes in or not.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You judgin' our boy Bolo for living under the sea like a fish?

SMH
That reminds me, if we get Shantae spirits besides the half-genie herself, and since there are "dojos" where certain spirits can teach styles to others, wouldn't be neat if Bolo was one of them, in reference to his ending quote of Half-Genie Hero?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Shantae Discord's not holding up too well. We get raids and one of the raiders mooned AlphaStoutland, among others within the club. While I did report him to Twitter, I doubt they'll go through with this entire thing. They tugged his damned heartstrings and exploited him and I'm actually quite pissed off about it!
I hate when radiers do that just ignore them they aren’t that s.p.e.c.i.a.l. Speaking of raiders......I’ve just got word that another settlement needs your help I’ll mark it right on your map.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Seems to me that things are a bit more calm right now. The dust is settling, and people are memin', or whatever.

I've been making sense of how I feel about different characters in ultimate after watching a lot of gameplay, and I think I've pretty much figured out the characters that I'm going to use. It's not exactly what I expected before, but I'm glad with how it is for now.

I did make a 'post your roster' screenshot of my gang, if anyone wants to see.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Seems to me that things are a bit more calm right now. The dust is settling, and people are memin', or whatever.

I've been making sense of how I feel about different characters in ultimate after watching a lot of gameplay, and I think I've pretty much figured out the characters that I'm going to use. It's not exactly what I expected before, but I'm glad with how it is for now.

I did make a 'post your roster' screenshot of my gang, if anyone wants to see.
Yeah, things are pretty calm right now, which is alright. :)

And sure! I'd love to see your "post your roster" picture. :)
Also, I see you switched your main from Isabelle, to Daisy.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, things are pretty calm right now, which is alright. :)

And sure! I'd love to see your "post your roster" picture. :)
Also, I see you switched your main from Isabelle, to Daisy.
Yup, I switched quite a few things around, but I'm pretty confident in my picks, at least until we get to play n everything.
Here it is:

Screenshot 2018-11-09 03.49.29.jpg

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm in the process of making a Pyra and Mythra support thread. I feel real confident we will get XB2 DLC due to how massive of a success it was, and if rex is out due to being a Mii costume(who knows), then I till think Pyra and Mythra can be in and work like OG Zelda and Shiek. May take some time becuase... I haven't played the game in awhile and still need to finish it(Got too distracted by other games) so trying to remember their moves and formulate how Mythra and prya would fight differently other then their B specials Or maybe it would be more subtle changes for the A moves. Plus also finding lots of good fanart for the thread,

Yup, I switched quite a few things around, but I'm pretty confident in my picks, at least until we get to play n everything.
Here it is:

View attachment 176843
Oh I need to do something like that. Do you habe the basic template?

Last edited:

DoctorFate

Smash Apprentice
Something Matt retweeted:

I cannot read it, so I'm not sure what it's about. But our girl got some magazine rep maybe?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm in the process of making a Pyra and Mythra support thread. I feel real confident we will get XB2 DLC due to how massive of a success it was, and if rex is out due to being a Mii costume(who knows), then I till think Pyra and Mythra can be in and work like OG Zelda and Shiek. May take some time becuase... I haven't played the game in awhile and still need to finish it(Got too distracted by other games) so trying to remember their moves and formulate how Mythra and prya would fight differently other then their B specials Or maybe it would be more subtle changes for the A moves. Plus also finding lots of good fanart for the thread,

Oh I need to do something like that. Do you habe the basic template?
But I don't see Mythra and Pyra working without a driver (Rex) :/ It would go against their game itself.
Unless I missed something and an Aegis can be independent ?
I'll support anyway since these are great characters ! ^_^

zferolie

Smash Hero
Something Matt retweeted:

I cannot read it, so I'm not sure what it's about. But our girl got some magazine rep maybe?
According to the Twitter translate

[#まんがライフオリジナル December issue tomorrow] [] The #マンガ家ゲーム日記 16th, the baton is connected from the teacher that is öyster to Hikawa, is the appearance teacher! "Shanti: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition" Let's Play Shanti!!

But I don't see Mythra and Pyra working without a driver (Rex) :/ It would go against their game itself.
Well in cutscenes we see them fighting with their sword themselves, and we know drives can fight on their own, as you see with Malos, Jin, and a certain character I won't say for spoiler reasons. It makes sense that they could, and I can see it happening for smash.

And lets be real honest here. Who do people like more? Rex, or Pyra and Mythra?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

[#まんがライフオリジナル December issue tomorrow] [] The #マンガ家ゲーム日記 16th, the baton is connected from the teacher that is öyster to Hikawa, is the appearance teacher! "Shanti: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition" Let's Play Shanti!!
Great translation. :p

I'd say that the part about teachers, oysters, and Hikawa, are supposed to be separate from the bit about Shantae, but that's a just a guess. So, could this be an ad, or something?

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace

Well in cutscenes we see them fighting with their sword themselves, and we know drives can fight on their own, as you see with Malos, Jin, and a certain character I won't say for spoiler reasons. It makes sense that they could, and I can see it happening for smash.

That's true I remember now :D
Honestly I love Rex equally as much as I love the other two. But being able to directly play as Pyra and Mythra would be a-ma-zing ! The idea is growing on me !! :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Great translation. :p

I'd say that the part about teachers, oysters, and Hikawa, are supposed to be separate from the bit about Shantae, but that's a just a guess. So, is this like an ad, or something?
It's most likely a magazine issue with manga in it, and maybe has a guest appearance/drawing of shantae somewhere in it, mostly as an ad for HGH.

Last edited:

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
Would definitely support that thread! Pyra/Mythra was one of the next DLC characters that I was going to start making support videos for :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's true I remember now :D
Honestly I love Rex equally as much as I love the other two. But being able to directly play as Pyra and Mythra would be a-ma-zing ! The idea is growing on me !! :D
Oh I forgot, in Torna DLC< you actually can switch to control the Blade instead of the driver, as shown here showing some mythra attacks. I actually haven't played this expansion yet, but I have seen this and this is how I thought of making them playable without Rex.

It's most likely a magazine issue with manga in it, and maybe has a guest appearance/drawing of shantae somewhere in it, mostly as an ad for HGH.
Yeah thats probably what it is, but thats still really cool for Shantae. And more evidence of her growing popularity in japan, and maybe how she has a decent chance even with nintendo picking!

Would definitely support that thread! Pyra/Mythra was one of the next DLC characters that I was going to start making support videos for :)
nice! I hope to have this thread done tonight. I really should beat XB2, get more blades, do the NG+ and tower, and do Torna... *cries due to so much games

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh I forgot, in Torna DLC< you actually can switch to control the Blade instead of the driver, as shown here showing some mythra attacks. I actually haven't played this expansion yet, but I have seen this and this is how I thought of making them playable without Rex.

Well, I like that at least they were able to fight at some point. I look forward to seeing your thread.
Maybe they'd pick them because we already have lots of guys (including shulk already) and it'd be a good opportunity for pyra (and mythra too could be cool)
:)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, I like that at least they were able to fight at some point. I look forward to seeing your thread.
Maybe they'd pick them because we already have lots of guys (including shulk already) and it'd be a good opportunity for pyra (and mythra too could be cool)
:)
Yeah, I feel like they were able to do this due to the smaller blade pool. I kinda like it better myself, just from a visual side.

And yeah, Nintendo knows they have a VERY strong Waifu game with these 2, and it would be crazy not to bank on that

D

Deleted member

Are you guys forgetting what sakurai said about dlc

Xc2 was announced after planing for dlc had started which probably started on 2015 so he couldn’t add xc2 characters in it. that includes fe3h gen8 Pokémon and rabbids. so titles from 2017,18,19 cannot be included.

And before you say:ultcorrin:he was perfect timing for finalizing dlc for smash4 IMO

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Are you guys forgetting what sakurai said about dlc

Xc2 was announced after planing for dlc had started which probably started on 2015 so he couldn’t add xc2 characters in it. that includes fe3h gen8 Pokémon and rabbids. so titles from 2017,18,19 cannot be included.

And before you say:ultcorrin:he was perfect timing for finalizing dlc for smash4 IMO
We didd talk about this already.
It's unclear whether he meant for base roster or for dlc.

Uhh, I dont know if it's worth discussing it with you though.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not just in gameplay... the reason these blades are as beloved as they are is because of their interactions with everyone, including Rex or Addam. Take that away and they're just waifus, or worse, literally nothing as they need a driver to basically exist. I don't understand how a costume is any more of a deconfirmation than a spirit is.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not just in gameplay... the reason these blades are as beloved as they are is because of their interactions with everyone, including Rex or Addam. Take that away and they're just waifus, or worse, literally nothing as they need a driver to basically exist. I don't understand how a costume is any more of a deconfirmation than a spirit is.
People dont use the costume as deconfirmation. It's where and how they talked about it. You have to add the context.
It's like, in example, if I say I kicked a ball so I was disqualified from being in a team. It only makes sense when I add something like that I was at tryouts (and maybe didnt do well).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But I always thought he was a crossbreed between a Finch and a Wren, hence the name, "Wrench". ;)
I meant personality wise, I think that’s him.

I wonder if it’d even be possible to crossbreed a wren and finch in real life, let alone one that’d actually look like Wrench in body shape.

"Hey, @MrBozon, I was wondering if I could ask you a question... is Rottytops open for a relationship?"
I’m actually kinda curious as to what Matt’s response to that answer would be,

D

Deleted member

We didd talk about this already.
It's unclear whether he meant for base roster or for dlc.

Uhh, I dont know if it's worth discussing it with you though.
You guys were talking about xc2 character for dlc that’s why I had to inform you all

Dukefire

Smash Master
People dont use the costume as deconfirmation. It's where and how they talked about it. You have to add the context.
It's like, in example, if I say I kicked a ball so I was disqualified from being in a team. It only makes sense when I add something like that I was at tryouts (and maybe didnt do well).
The only way to deconfirm the character is not coming into smash are these points:

1. the creator of that said character confirms that he/she is not coming to smash (Ex. Dante from Devil May Cry series)
2. all 5 DLC spots are filled and with no continuation of them making more.

Mii costume doesn't really hold a lot of value until the end of DLC production. So, we are still playing the waiting game.

Top Bottom