• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
All of the spirit battles seem to be really detailed, and true to the characters, which is really cool. :)

I've really warmed up to the idea of spirits lately. :)
Yea ive gotten used to the idea of using the dead to make me stronger as well. In More serious news, I Do agree that alot of thought seems to have gone into these spirit battles. It is a great way of showing respect to a character or franchise outside of the small trophy with flavor text.
Though I do wonder what will happen to the spirit battles of a particular spirit in story mode if they wind up being dlc. Will a new battle appear allowing you to fight them so they can join you? or do they just show up after download?

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
"As a participant in that thread, a lot of it is s*** posting and boredom and going over the same old s***. Not much else to do when there's nearly no new information coming out. "
I mean he's not wrong.

But still SOUND THE ALARM WE HAVE A GAMEFAQ DWELLER.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm sure Sakurai would add Shantae since she's quite unique. I heard even he thought adding another Fire Emblem character (I.e. Corrin) was a bit too much during Smash 4's DLC.
where did you hear about that sakurai statement regarding fire emblem characters? Cause wasn’t it sakurai who decided to add Corrin and not Nintendo? I can see nintendo suggesting it but not requiring it, but sakurai chose to add Corrin anyway or maybe Nintendo forced him to for promotion.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So why is WayForward doing this spotlight anyway?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Gonna be honest, I really don't get the beef with Gamefaqs as a whole. There are plenty of chill people on there just talking as we do here and as people do on just about every other forum in existence. Every site has some bad eggs. Perhaps some more than others, but you still shouldn't paint everyone with the same brush.
"As a participant in that thread, a lot of it is s*** posting and boredom and going over the same old s***. Not much else to do when there's nearly no new information coming out. "
I mean he's not wrong.

But still SOUND THE ALARM WE HAVE A GAMEFAQ DWELLER.
Was worried this would happen. No, I'm not stereotyping that everyone on GameFaqs is a flaming troll. I just shared those 'cause it's interesting that some are making this as dramatic as they're making it sound. I mean someone alert the press! A character has fans! Like what? O_o

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Was worried this would happen. No, I'm not stereotyping that everyone on GameFaqs is a flaming troll. I just shared those 'cause it's interesting that some are making this as dramatic as they're making it sound. I mean someone alert the press! A character has fans! Like what? O_o
Don't get me wrong, I'm not singling you out here, and I know there are people on Gamefaqs who can be rude and ridiculous. Some of the people in the threads you linked are plain evidence of that. It's just that Gamefaqs tends to get brought up somewhat frequently here and its always pertaining to some random user/s disliking Shantae or something.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm sure Sakurai would add Shantae since she's quite unique. I heard even he thought adding another Fire Emblem character (I.e. Corrin) was a bit too much during Smash 4's DLC.
Yes but there’s just one thing holding her back......
5A195D96-3A50-46A6-A897-157BB2149CAA.jpeg

Let’s just hope she makes the cut for indies(fingers crossed) no I do not hate them
Bonus:
8C97BEC8-5E25-4AAE-96C0-1AEF026D1AE4.jpeg

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
So why is WayForward doing this spotlight anyway?
Not sure but it's very sudden that it does raise suspicions. It's too soon to draw conclusions so I'll leave it there.

Neither was I. I know that not everyone is a flamer but it's no secret that GameFAQ doesn't like Shantae that much.
I would've put a /s but this ain't reddit.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I don't really like GameFAQS much myself after spending pretty much the same time flip-floping between this site and that one. But really it's just that usually negative comments push more buttons and leave more of an impact. And can be louder as well.

Really though, you guys give mostly good vibes in this thread. Give ya'll some back pats, or in the Number One Rottytops fan, bunch of hugs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyone else think if Bolo saw Richter he would look up to him as an idol of sorts?

Or is Bolo alternate universe Richter who failed at felling Dracula?
Once I get better at muscles, I’ll totally draw Richter carrying Bolo on his shoulders in a father-son/brotherly kind of moment

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
So some guy on Twitter attacked Shantae supporters for wanting her as a playable character as DLC; saying that she is deconfirmed for being a Spirit, but shortly prior to that he asked Sakurai if Dixie (whom was shown as a Spirit before Shantae even was) can be playable DLC, claiming that she still has a chance.

A random guy called him out for it, and so now he retorts by calling us toxic, and "coming out of the woodworks."

What Is Logic

D

Deleted member

So some guy on Twitter attacked Shantae supporters for wanting her as a playable character as DLC; saying that she is deconfirmed for being a Spirit, but shortly prior to that he asked Sakurai if Dixie (whom was shown as a Spirit before Shantae even was) can be playable DLC, claiming that she still has a chance.

A random guy called him out for it, and so now he retorts by calling us toxic, and "coming out of the woodworks."

What Is Logic

Show me please what’s his username?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wasn't intending on that coming off as guilt tripping. Apologies.
It’s alright dude, hopefully we’re good?

What Is Logic
Ahh yes, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning (or evening depending on where you live)

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

What Is Logic
Now that is the type of high quality arguments I expect from the internet. Glad it still delivers after all these years.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice

What Is Logic
Hi pot, meet kettle.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

What Is Logic
The Internet! Where logic doesn’t exist and every site is like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone... or that live action Cat in the Hat movie.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hi pot, meet kettle.
I think by this point the pot and kettle have quietly tendered their resignations.

The Internet! Where logic doesn’t exist and every site is like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone... or that live action Cat in the Hat movie.
Go back to the former! GO BACK TO THE FORMER!!

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Random tangent, but did we ever figure out who sings the english version of Lifelight? I don't think it is, but the slower, deeper pitches really sound like Christina Vee. Would be a dream scenario if she was revealed to be the singer alongside Shantae DLC.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Random tangent, but did we ever figure out who sings the english version of Lifelight? I don't think it is, but the slower, deeper pitches really sound like Christina Vee. Would be a dream scenario if she was revealed to be the singer alongside Shantae DLC.
She said that it isn't her, and that it didn't even sound like her (but it certainly does.)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
This from me tonight.

I have been following both on Computer and mobile, so I'm not out of the loop. Though my mobile version has been blocked by this Survey thing popping in all the time I come back here. It will be slow, but I'm still here.

Its not shantae related, but the Pink Puffball is getting another update towards Star Allies 7 days before Smash Ultimate's release date.

D

Deleted member

She said that it isn't her, and that it didn't even sound like her (but it certainly does.)
Where did she say that? Source?

Edit::ultgreninja:,d

This from me tonight.

I have been following both on Computer and mobile, so I'm not out of the loop. Though my mobile version has been blocked by this Survey thing popping in all the time I come back here. It will be slow, but I'm still here.

Its not shantae related, but the Pink Puffball is getting another update towards Star Allies 7 days before Smash Ultimate's release date.

PUT IN ESCARGOON OR WE RIOT

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom