• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You what now?
It was in response to that video, one of my dogs passed away a couple of weeks ago, I’m alright now, I’ve gotten more than enough condolences from my friends and family, so it’s not necessary from anyone here, I don’t want to derail the thread.

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I too know the pain of losing a dog. So that video is a "Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot" situation for me.

And Hyadain did make a follow up to the First Friend video.

Also, both Nichijou OPs were made by Hyadain.

D

Deleted member

Imma gonna be honest with y'all. would they really make Isaac an AT again after being super requested alot?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It was in response to that video, one of my dogs passed away a couple of weeks ago, I’m alright now, I’ve gotten more than enough condolences from my friends and family, so it’s not necessary from anyone here, I don’t want to derail the thread.
Oh, well I'm still sorry to hear that, nonetheless.

And, yeah, I can't watch that video. I'm not able to handle stuff like that.

I was listing to HGH's soundtrack and I realized something: There's still the Arabic Scale (or double harmonic, if you will) going on in there! It may not be as prevalent as it once was, but it's there!
...Of course?

And you only noticed this, now?

Imma gonna be honest with y'all. would they really make Isaac an AT again after being super requested alot?
Hopefully not, but we'll have to wait and see (but we'll have to wait and see about everything really :p).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I too know the pain of losing a dog. So that video is a "Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot" situation for me.

And Hyadain did make a follow up to the First Friend video.

Also, both Nichijou OPs were made by Hyadain.
I mean I did know about Nichijou and it’s opening, though that’s not exactly where I first heard of him. As ashamed as I am to admit this, I first heard Hyadain through this (I don’t know how either):

And while on that song and relating it back to Shantae, here’s Cristina’s cover of that same song just because:

Oh, well I'm still sorry to hear that, nonetheless.

And, yeah, I can't watch that video. I'm not able to handle stuff like that.
I appreciate it dude, thank you. I’ve had her for 15-16 years so I knew it was time, but yeah it was still pretty hard.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hey peeps. I've been pretty much a silent lurker here for a month or two and I've been spending my time gauging both Shantae and her most dedicated fans to see if she was something I wanted to get behind. I'll admit, my first impressions of her were not the best. I thought her and her gaggle of friends were just fan-service drivel, BUT I am happy to say I was wrong. After playing all of her games, I found them to be a lot of fun and overflowing with charm and plenty of replay value. I think that Shantae would be a perfect addition to smash. After all, who doesn't like rooting for an underdog?

With these being the last few weeks before the roster is inevitably leaked, I'd like to be on the right side of history and officially proclaim my support for Shantae! Please, add me to the supporter list!

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey peeps. I've been pretty much a silent lurker here for a month or two and I've been spending my time gauging both Shantae and her most dedicated fans to see if she was something I wanted to get behind. I'll admit, my first impressions of her were not the best. I thought her and her gaggle of friends were just fan-service drivel, BUT I am happy to say I was wrong. After playing all of her games, I found them to be a lot of fun and overflowing with charm with a surprising amount of history. I think that Shantae would be a perfect addition to smash and who doesn't like rooting for an underdog?

With these being the last few weeks before the roster is inevitably leaked, I'd like to be on the right side of history and officially proclaim my support for Shantae! Please, add me to the list!
Welcome aboard. I love seeing new converts because it just proves that the character speaks for her self and we aren;t just biased blinded because she is a character we already liked.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You dodged the sheep/alpaca question. You are making me assume the worst possible answer.

Unrelated, but does anyone know what's going on with Youtube? On all my devices it doesn't work, even on my computer it doesn;t load my information and when i click on a video it comes up with that static screen when a video has been taken down.
Sorry, I was gonna answer that but I was waiting for someone to post so I can post again, but then I fell asleep oofy.
idk, the sheer cuteness of Dylly's and the sublime beauty of yours are pretty tough to beat
But boosette is best girl :0

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Sorry, I was gonna answer that but I was waiting for someone to post so I can post again, but then I fell asleep oofy.

But boosette is best girl :0
And you dodged it again, you dodger.

Also can we stop this corrupted naming convention with the Royal mushroom?

Toad"ette" gets the mushroom and turns into Peach"ette" so if Bowser got the Mushroom there is no reason to have "ette" in the name. Bowsette would be if Toadette turned into Bowser. Bowser turning into Peach would have to be something like Peachowser or Peachser.

And for Boo it would be Peachoo.

A1Again

Smash Cadet

Toad"ette" gets the mushroom and turns into Peach"ette" so if Bowser got the Mushroom there is no reason to have "ette" in the name. Bowsette would be if Toadette turned into Bowser. Bowser turning into Peach would have to be something like Peachowser or Peachser.

But you're also forgetting that many names just sound awful. Also, Toadette is aptly named because she is a female Toad. Toad-ette. "Ette" is a feminine accolade attached to a name. So, in turn, Bowsette could easily just be referred to as female Bowser. Same goes for Boo.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a combination of names, especially since Peachette actually has nothing to do with Peach herself.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
But you're also forgetting that many names just sound awful. Also, Toadette is aptly named because she is a female Toad. Toad-ette. "Ette" is a feminine accolade attached to a name. So, in turn, Bowsette could easily just be referred to as female Bowser. Same goes for Boo.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a combination of names, especially since Peachette actually has nothing to do with Peach herself.
Except in the naming convention if "Peachette" the first party is the identity of what the mushroom turns you into (i.e. Peach) and the second half comes from what the user used to be (Toadette)

With Bowser turning into Peach, there is no "ette" in the equation. It's not a female Bowser, but a Peach with Bowser traits.

That's like combining a pizza and a taco, but instead of calling it a pizzaco, you call it a pizzadilla because it sounds better, even though there are no quasadillas involved at all.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Just when I thought you couldnt be any weirder and off, you go and do something like this.... and totally redeem yourself!

(but like.. today's an interesting day for you..;p)
Gosh golly, I'm very weird at school. Though that's probably how I got my friends.

yeah I know, but since everyone calls it that, I got along with it and yeah its a alpaca

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
In Japan and many image archiving sites Bowsette is known as Koopa-hime. Boo is known as Princess Boo or something like that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 170313
Risky in Disguise. I thought this was pretty cool.
Is that from a fan artist? If so, that's pretty legit (and lovely).

Morning guys. Anybody thinking we’ll get a direct announcement in the next few hours?
No idea, but just in case we don't I'll post FlintOfMother3's Ultimate-related Inktober stuff for funsies, after I get back from work.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Except in the naming convention if "Peachette" the first party is the identity of what the mushroom turns you into (i.e. Peach) and the second half comes from what the user used to be (Toadette)

With Bowser turning into Peach, there is no "ette" in the equation. It's not a female Bowser, but a Peach with Bowser traits.

That's like combining a pizza and a taco, but instead of calling it a pizzaco, you call it a pizzadilla because it sounds better, even though there are no quasadillas involved at all.
This thinking is how we get P.O.O.P.T.O.O.T.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man SDBH WM is coming to the Switch!!!!

Anyway on topic: So any new info when it comes to our girl Shantae in Smash?

Gif/Pic of the day requirements needed.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Good morning peeps.
shantae_by_andrerb-daqzdo8.jpg

How're things? :3

GoldLiger GoldLiger , I'll put some Rotty images up a little later today, but there's been an over saturation of pictures in this thread as of recent and I want to wait a little longer before posting even more. Sorry...
Can someone tell me what a first party and 3rd party are ?

Also, rocking that new avatar pic
You look... beautiful, dear! <3

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Is that neon Shantae costume in the physical version of the HGH on Switch or only the digital versions? Cause last time I played mine I dont remeber seeing as an option.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, has anyone discussed how the Shulk bio may kinda limit what her possible moveset can be?

Edit: Really stressing the "may" part of this.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Hey, has anyone discussed how the Shulk bio may kinda limit what her possible moveset can be?

Edit: Really stressing the "may" part of this.
This is only because Shulk may be the only fighter revealed who can change his status or stance.
Meaning?

Dose it affect her chances?
Nope.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is only because Shulk may be the only fighter revealed who can change his status or stance.
Yeah, I guess status and transformations are different things, but it still has me pondering. I hope it does not mean she would not get the selection wheel.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

:ultpichu:

As others have said the main reasons "ette" is used are, for one, it just sounds better than combining certain names like Peach and Bowser, and second probably because it conforms to the sound of the name of Peachette, the progenitor of the Super Crown craze.

Sure the "ette" seems like it comes from Toadette, but combing Peach with any other name isn't going to work as well as "ette" which is an actual feminine suffix. So really adding "ette" still works as that's even how we got Toadette. Take Toad add a feminine suffix, and you get Toadette. So, since the Super Crown turns characters in Peach doppelgangers, which of course turns any male characters in women, adding a feminine suffix to their name does actually work.

With that off topic name/word convention stuff out of the way let's get back to Shantae.

Also, morning peeps.

D

Deleted member

Hey I got an idea let’s make our own box theory!
EE28BFC4-E02F-453D-8F38-482190D0B930.jpeg

Let’s see what you guys can think how it will end up!

Top Bottom