• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If Shantae isn't in Smash, then I wish WayForward would tell us. It's so unlike them to ignore the fans like this and not address Smash considering how vocal they were during the ballot. As much as I hate to say it, they will have to deal with angry fans if she's not in the game in some form, and there will be a backlash.

I hope we're mature enough not to harass them about it, but I have a feeling that WF's goodwill will take a hit if we don't see Shantae in Smash this time. If she's not in Smash, why not come out and say it?

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Oi it would be nice to see Shantae in a leak. Not just any leak but more of a picture leak. Even if it is fake.
Better if it isn't. I prefer to fool everybody. To destroy Vergeben, and any leakers out there. Letting them know Y'all don't know ANYTHING.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
If Shantae isn't in Smash, then I wish WayForward would tell us. It's so unlike them to ignore the fans like this and not address Smash considering how vocal they were during the ballot. As much as I hate to say it, they will have to deal with angry fans if she's not in the game in some form, and there will be a backlash.

I hope we're mature enough not to harass them about it, but I have a feeling that WF's goodwill will take a hit if we don't see Shantae in Smash this time. If she's not in Smash, why not come out and say it?
Exactly, here's how it would go normally if Shantae weren't in:

Us: Ayo Wayforward, what's poppin with Shantae in Smash Bros? *dabs*

Wayforward: Sorry pops she's not in.

Us: Dang, that sucks, oh well.

Instead they're letting us fester and speculate while they sit back and watch us, ignoring inquiries for years despite being the ones who riled up the fanbase to vote for her in the first place. Wayforward is essentially committing PR suicide with this because the people who only casually know Shantae wouldn't care, instead it would be the hardcore Shantae fanbase (read: us) would be the ones burned most by WF's silence, especially since it would give the droves and droves of people who are against Shantae plenty of fuel to burn when mocking us and calling us delusional for thinking she ever had a chance. It'd be really awful for everyone.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
With those names alone that’s the fakest leak I’ve ever heard and you can tell it reeks of piggybacking off Vergeben. Also did you guys know Vergeben is in touch with basically every other leaker that anyone on YouTube talks about? Seriously this just seems like one big conspiracy, and the reason for him never being wrong is that he works with other leakers to find consistent beliefs that can’t be wrong.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Is it fake? I want it to be fake cause of Steve.
Most likely fake because this sounds like piggybacking like DeltaSceptile said. He screwed up, and dialed back on Steve, as he wasn't there before, and skullkid is still there. Can't say he's completely disproven, but its hard to prove he's playable.

I genuinely do want Stanley to be real tho...

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

Lol just at the minute that guy saw it......
WHATS UP GUYS? PichuMain here, and today, the Stanley leaker is back with another leak. Remember: Take these leaks with a grain of salt, and lets get RIGHT into it!
Sorry not sorry. Heeeeeh.

Swade

Smash Apprentice

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I thought we wanted to stop talking about leaks. o_O
I think its fine if we do. Just don't get rialed up about it. We keep it chill, we should be fine.

I'm gonna say this, I will not believe the leak until I see this 'video' leak.
I wanna see the Stanley video. Unfortunately, I'm gonna be driving, so PLEASE can someone check up on this for me?? Just to see if the video proof is real?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
By the time Smash Ultimate comes out, everything is gonna be covered in an ocean of leaks!

That’s probably not a good thing.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Is it fake? I want it to be fake cause of Steve.
Its leak due to skullkid. with LoZ18 jumping ship so hard it means he knew skullkid was not going to be playable. Plus a boss seems a lot more fitting.

Any leak with skullkid is 100% fake

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
At this point I'd rather have Stanley in Smash than Steve. I've never hated a potential newcomer as much as I've hated Steve.

Assuming that Steve is actually a fighter, he does not in any way impact Shantae's chances. So we shouldn't lose hope if we do see a credible leak with Steve. If anything, Steve would hurt Banjo's chances, not Shantae's.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I wonder if the "video" is basically what the Rayman leaker pulled back during the WII U/3DS days.

Shows the roster but no actual gameplay of the character in action.

D

Deleted member

ALRIGHT LETS GET BACK TO SHANTAE NO MORE LEAKS HECK ALL LEAKS ARE FAKE SO NO MORE!!!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So if a Shantae got made that was 3d and like lets go nuts and put it on the quality level and scope of BotW, how would you want it to play?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
At this point I'd rather have Stanley in Smash than Steve. I've never hated a potential newcomer as much as I've hated Steve.

Assuming that Steve is actually a fighter, he does not in any way impact Shantae's chances. So we shouldn't lose hope if we do see a credible leak with Steve. If anything, Steve would hurt Banjo's chances, not Shantae's.
I mentioned this already in the Steve thread, but having Steve actually helps Banjo's chances tremendously since Microsoft would already be onboard. Sure, he may not be in the Base game, but Banjo would sell insanely well as DLC, whereas Steve, who has a very noticeable hatebase amongst the Smash community, would struggle to find the same success, with many of the potential buyers just picking him up to complete the roster than out of any liking for the character (either that, or they want the Stage that would come with him).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i know one of the most common and least liked reasons people come up with for shantae not being in smash is because people only wanting her for fanservice

but you have to admit, the shantae series has some top quality waifus

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So since I have nothing to contribute concerning leaks, have some fanart of Sky:
View attachment 165983

By TakuyaRawr
Can someone draw her with Yoshis and their eggs?

And in headcanon Shantae-fighter relationship news, I can see only one non-villain character she might not get along with... Ice Climbers. If only because she despises cold.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
So if a Shantae got made that was 3d and like lets go nuts and put it on the quality level and scope of BotW, how would you want it to play?
I mean, honestly, Shantae's movement options, settings and cast all would be fantastic in a 3D platforming setting. The issue is that WF probably couldn't pull it off.

Her transforming is a great gimmick for 3D exploration and the character designs are cartoony, but just solid enough to work in a stylized (maybe WW style cel-shaded) 3D environment.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I mentioned this already in the Steve thread, but having Steve actually helps Banjo's chances tremendously since Microsoft would already be onboard. Sure, he may not be in the Base game, but Banjo would sell insanely well as DLC, whereas Steve, who has a very noticeable hatebase amongst the Smash community, would struggle to find the same success, with many of the potential buyers just picking him up to complete the roster than out of any liking for the character (either that, or they want the Stage that would come with him).
A character being hated never stopped them from being sold to us though :ultcorrin:

Shark X

Smash Lord
I never believed leaks before, but I'm starting to get worried here. Shantae hasn't once been mentioned in any 'supposed' leak, and while I feel this Vergban (not sure his actual name) got lucky so far like I did (besides Richter who I never heard of, I correctly guessed every other character as well), he's currently staking his reputation backing up a guy that supposedly leaked the whole roaster, including some useless unwanted character I never heard of named Steve...this is getting worrisome... Now, as much as I hate Minecraft, a Minecraft stage might be somewhat neat, but a character? And Vergban is backing it? Yeah, worried now.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I never believed leaks before, but I'm starting to get worried here. Shantae hasn't once been mentioned in any 'supposed' leak, and while I feel this Vergban (not sure his actual name) got lucky so far like I did (besides Richter who I never heard of, I correctly guessed every other character as well), he's currently staking his reputation backing up a guy that supposedly leaked the whole roaster, including some useless unwanted character I never heard of named Steve...this is getting worrisome... Now, as much as I hate Minecraft, a Minecraft stage might be somewhat neat, but a character? And Vergban is backing it? Yeah, worried now.
Once again. People always say Verge is supporting this guy's claim that Steve is playable. That is not the case. He simply said he has spoken to them and it is true they share sources. Verge said he has heard a couple of his sources say Steve is playable, but most of them said Minecraft representation would be a stage or an assist trophy. There is no need for alarm, because judging by Senjougahara_Hitagi's personality, he's not the type of leaker that is very careful with his information. It's more likely that he is wrong than Verge.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hope the next character reveal is one that completely craps on Vergs leaks similar to what happened to Gematsu when Robin's trailer dropped in 4. Maybe we will get Decidueye or some other Pokemon instead of Incineroar.

He is the only legit leak we have and I am so sick of people talking about it. They take them as true and freak out and feel their character wont happen because they are not in a leak.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Corrin came at a bad time, when the Smash fanbase was very vocal against "yet more Fire Emblem swordfighters", and were waiting for ballot results because it was believed at the time we'd get more than one fighter from them (and then Bayo happened and the rest is history).

Personally, if they went with Azura instead of Corrin I think it would have been a little better received (I mean a lance/spear waterbending songstress would have been amazing).

Top Bottom