• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What exactly is going on? Is Dylly fighting cancer or depression or something?
From what I gathered,.. cancer, and I'd say severe anxiety body trauma, and more that either isn't understood by the doctors or the family. I don't know more details that can help clarify too much, sorry.

He's still there for now. but I may go to bed soon so I wont be someone updating for now. I dont know what will happen, we'll just have to see.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I believe it was confirmed to be cancer.
From what I gathered,.. cancer, and I'd say severe anxiety body trauma, and more that either isn't understood by the doctors or the family. I don't know more details that can help clarify too much, sorry.

He's still there for now. but I may go to bed soon so I wont be someone updating for now. I dont know what will happen, we'll just have to see.
Saying "that's horrible" is a huge understatement. No one deserves to leave this world so young, I have never had cancer myself but I have lost a friend through it. I don't know Dylly that well, but I hope he survives and is able to enjoy the rest of his life while he can. Everyone can potentially be important, it hurts deeply to see a valuable member of the community in so much pain. Dylly has my colosendes, I hope he recovers safely.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I lost a close neighbor to type 1 diabetes myself. Poor guy was a Senior and was on his way to graduate. Not even fat like me, he was simple a lean bean type of guy and he died to something that you would more often see in fat guys. It was about two years ago in college, near the end of the year is when he went into a diabetic coma.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I don't know how serious Dylly's situation is, but as long as there's a ray of hope, I'll be praying for him.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I lost a close neighbor to type 1 diabetes myself. Poor guy was a Senior and was on his way to graduate. Not even fat like me, he was simple a lean bean type of guy and he died to something that you would more often see in fat guys. It was about two years ago in college, near the end of the year is when he went into a diabetic coma.
Yeah type 1 is purely genetic, so skinny people with type 1 can happen. Type 2 is often caused by poor diet (high carbs / sugar) along with a genetic predisposition (family history, etcetera). Type 2 can be cured (easier if you're younger / change of diet + lifestyle) while type 1 cannot (unless major breakthroughs happen in the future with gene therapy / etcetera).

Edit: I have to know a bit about genetics considering I was born with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (Specifically: Adenosine Deaminase Deficiency, because there are other variants like X-Linked SCID) [The kind I have is ADA-SCID for short]. If you've ever heard of the "Bubble Boy" disease, I essentially have that (except his was X-Linked). Luckily, ADA-SCID can be managed with enzyme replacement therapy, which I undergo with regular intramuscular injections into each thigh (self-administered). This allows me to lead a somewhat-normal life.

My brother, MagusOfIllusions MagusOfIllusions , has it as well (he's talked to Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy about it a couple days ago via conversation on SmashBoards, I'm sure they could both corroborate my claim--otherwise, how would I know about this?).

Other than that, it's a pretty long story...

Life doesn't deal fair hands sometimes. Either way, we gotta play the cards we were dealt. We must, because each second is an opportunity to experience a blessing--and in my opinion, that alone is worth more than every "bad card" life can deal.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Thanks for the updates, Teeb. Go get your rest. Dylly has been talking with me a bit, obviously not as much as with you, but I'm sure if you aren't around He trusts me enough to relay any messages he has.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Mean, if I really want to get dark, I would tell you about what happened to someone else who was also a neighbor to me during Freshman year. And it was on Friday the 13th. It involved a tall building and a window without screens, even at the topmost floor. That's all I'll say over that.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
First off, hope Dylly can recover from this obviously tough situation. Next, I just wanna say something that y’all need to listen to before this thread becomes a meme: STOP ARGUING ABOUT LEAKS WHEN WE ALL KNOW SAKURAI WOULD NEVER MAKE MINECRAFT STEVE PLAYABLE!! Due to his design philosophy alone, we have a higher chance at a South Park character (and it would take a billion years for that to ever happen)! (Sorry about the rant) But seriously Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 , you need to stop with the negativity about Shantae’s chances. It doesn’t help anything. Now just wanna have this relayed to Dylly: Sorry about what this thread has become after you left. Hang in there!

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Honestly, here's a couple of rules I tend to go by that keeps me grounded. I feel this thread deserve to see these things. I know I'll be quoting them in the future:

:ultzelda: Vᴇᴏᴅᴏᴋ's Gᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ Tʜɪs Tʜʀᴇᴀᴅ :ultzelda:

1. Text leaks are always fake. :)

2. Until real, substantiable, and easily verifiable evidence is provided for any leak, consider them to be fake.

3. If there is reasonable doubt about the credibility or verifiability of a leak or leaker, then it's always best to air on the side of "false".

3. Not all "evidence" has the same weight. Some have more value than others, and every peice of "evidence" should be discussed to determine its worth.

4. Shantae's inclusion (or exclusion) from Smash Ultimate in any form should not reflect negatively on WayForward/Nintendo or any employee therein.

5. Don't make this thread the center of your life.

6. Check your headspace. If you can't handle dissapointment or hype, you probably shouldn't frequent this thread.

7. If you want to leave, don't attempt to bring people down with you. It has been seen to only cause problems.

8. Remember that this is a Shantae support thread, and it is an apparent rarity on the internet. Unwarranted pessimism only makes people upset. If you'd like to discuss why Shantae is not in Smash, you could simply look literally anywhere else on the internet and you'll find plenty of people with the same opinion. We know we could be blindly hoping for a character that wont happen, but frankly we don't care.

9. This thread is supposed to be fun, not stressful.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah we should all go by actions and proof rather than word of mouth.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
This is starting to really break my heart. I saw that guy as some random funny poster who got on people who double posted; and now this is happening.

Idk, I'm really sad about all of this. I don't know **** about this person but I'm hoping hard for a successful recovery.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hello every--

Oh. I'm so sorry Dilly. And here I thought you were in the clear. :c I mean, even Robbie Rotten's actor died from it. All I can hope for now is that you can pull through, but if not, it would be nice to leave this world happily.

Yeah we should all go by actions and proof rather than word of mouth.
Yeah, the Ultimate thread is entertaining the thought of Ken/Icineroar/Steve/BBQ now, so it would be good if the next announcement can blow open the closed minds of these people.

In the meantime, the 4Chan tribute drawing got finished!

1537526209519.jpg

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You will always be in our hearts Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy so I pray for your safe journey(whether back to us or to the next life).

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I still kinda wish we didn’t have to fight on these “leaks” and “rumors”, though... this isn’t what I had hoped for when making the thread.

I mainly... just wanted to see people be happy about talking about Shantae while also making friendships along the way.

I’d hate to see those friendships be severed over all this leak and rumor talk...
I agree.

It sucks that this is a Shantae Support thread, with no real supporting. :(

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I've been waiting a long time to confess that I'm pregnant by my girlfriends twin brother.
so after a 5 hour search party we presume the worst. If I could post the missing flyer on smash boards I would, but it's true. My **** has been lost.
we're down to 77 days until smash, though!!
Shantae for Smash!!!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, here's a couple of rules I tend to go by that keeps me grounded. I feel this thread deserve to see these things. I know I'll be quoting them in the future:

2. Until real, substantiable, and easily verifiable evidence is provided for any leak, consider them to be fake.

3. If there is reasonable doubt about the credibility or verifiability of a leak or leaker, then it's always best to air on the side of "false".

3. Not all "evidence" has the same weight. Some have more value than others, and every peice of "evidence" should be discussed to determine its worth.

4. Shantae's inclusion (or exclusion) from Smash Ultimate in any form should not reflect negatively on WayForward/Nintendo or any employee therein.

6. Check your headspace. If you can't handle dissapointment or hype, you probably shouldn't frequent this thread.

7. If you want to leave, don't attempt to bring people down with you. It has been seen to only cause problems.

8. Remember that this is a Shantae support thread, and it is an apparent rarity on the internet. Unwarranted pessimism only makes people upset. If you'd like to discuss why Shantae is not in Smash, you could simply look literally anywhere else on the internet and you'll find plenty of people with the same opinion. We know we could be blindly hoping for a character that wont happen, but frankly we don't care.

I see nothing wrong with this. ;P

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I have a fun little idea to keep moral high. Lets just have a little competition on who can guess the next Nintendo/Smash Direct. For example I am wagering October 10th. You all can guess your dates and whoever is the closest to when it gets announced, wins. What do you win? ...IDK
Its just for fun.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

The sooner people accept and understand this, the happier people will be on this thread and site in general.

The first three points especially are why we should not believe in leaks or give any credibility to any "leaker".

zferolie

Smash Hero

Normally I follow those rules, but som rl **** happened and it made me more weak to getting angry at things I shouldn't sorry that I started the whole mess yesterday. I feel better now, and actually not as hating on Steve. Yeah I don't want him, but he helps push away the stupid box theory with only 1 more unique and 1 more echo, and that makes me happy.

Hello every--

Oh. I'm so sorry Dilly. And here I thought you were in the clear. :c I mean, even Robbie Rotten's actor died from it. All I can hope for now is that you can pull through, but if not, it would be nice to leave this world happily.

Yeah, the Ultimate thread is entertaining the thought of Ken/Icineroar/Steve/BBQ now, so it would be good if the next announcement can blow open the closed minds of these people.

In the meantime, the 4Chan tribute drawing got finished!

View attachment 165856
That is an amazing peice there. nicew work!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
No offense to the person that is sick but why did this thread become the center of attention on that?
Because people are more important than video games and because news is slow on the Smash Speculation front right now.

Michel

Smash Rookie
Because people are more important than video games and because news is slow on the Smash Speculation front right now.
Yeah and this has been going for weeks, every time I visit the thread weekly its about this person. I am not saying one thing is more important than the other but I don't think this is the place to discuss it

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I have a fun little idea to keep moral high. Lets just have a little competition on who can guess the next Nintendo/Smash Direct. For example I am wagering October 10th. You all can guess your dates and whoever is the closest to when it gets announced, wins. What do you win? ...IDK
Its just for fun.
I'll gamble too with those dice. I'll say October the 13th.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Its just for fun.
I'm guessing the 10th or the 11th. It'll have more details on the "Spirits" mode, reveals for Incineroar, Shadow, Geno, and Ken, and a demo reveal.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its just for fun.

Well Nintendo directs so far have been middle of the weeks. So tuesday, wednsday, or thursday. I think mid october we will get one, so i am guessing 16th-18th. It will focus on the single player modes, and give us new uniques and echos(maybe 3 of each)

I also think we'll get another one the week before launch, to say the final characters, any other stuff the didn't mention, and the DLC path and tease at the first one.

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
Yeah type 1 is purely genetic, so skinny people with type 1 can happen. Type 2 is often caused by poor diet (high carbs / sugar) along with a genetic predisposition (family history, etcetera). Type 2 can be cured (easier if you're younger / change of diet + lifestyle) while type 1 cannot (unless major breakthroughs happen in the future with gene therapy / etcetera).

Edit: I have to know a bit about genetics considering I was born with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (Specifically: Adenosine Deaminase Deficiency, because there are other variants like X-Linked SCID) [The kind I have is ADA-SCID for short]. If you've ever heard of the "Bubble Boy" disease, I essentially have that (except his was X-Linked). Luckily, ADA-SCID can be managed with enzyme replacement therapy, which I undergo with regular intramuscular injections into each thigh (self-administered). This allows me to lead a somewhat-normal life.

My brother, MagusOfIllusions MagusOfIllusions , has it as well (he's talked to Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy about it a couple days ago via conversation on SmashBoards, I'm sure they could both corroborate my claim--otherwise, how would I know about this?).

Other than that, it's a pretty long story...

Life doesn't deal fair hands sometimes. Either way, we gotta play the cards we were dealt. We must, because each second is an opportunity to experience a blessing--and in my opinion, that alone is worth more than every "bad card" life can deal.

I can concur with my brother's statement. (And if anybody's interested https://www.igliving.com/magazine/a...ies-Maintenance-Miracles-and-Mom-Theories.pdf just scroll down to the part about ADA-SCID. ps I've lost a lot of weight since then.)

Anyway to get back on topic I want to mention that I always wanted an indie rep for smash, (ever since brawl.) Especially since we got third party characters in.
Originally I thought that Quote from cavestory was the best canidate, However time passed and sm4sh came around and still no indie rep outside of one trophy.
When the Ballot came around this was the first time I really got introduced to Shantae, (I did know about her before that but I never looked into it.) I thought it was amazing that the devs would go out of their way to try to support their character for smash. Anyway fastforward to shortly after the 8-8 direct TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 started looking into the Shantae thread and told me about how she, (especially after shovel knight being shown off as an assist.) had alot of small but facinating cercumstances pointing to the idea that she may be in. Thats when my hype for Shantae began, finally an indie character could get in and complete the holy trifecta of 1st party, 3rd party and indie. by far IMO she deserves it the most, (of indies of course and due to her long history with nintendo while also helping to pave the way for indies on consule.) I just loved everything about the character so I bought my first Shantae game being HGH on switch and it wont be my last game of hers either. Anyways thats when I decided to make my new account and follow along with you guys on this crazy ride. :)

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
First off, hope Dylly can recover from this obviously tough situation. Next, I just wanna say something that y’all need to listen to before this thread becomes a meme: STOP ARGUING ABOUT LEAKS WHEN WE ALL KNOW SAKURAI WOULD NEVER MAKE MINECRAFT STEVE PLAYABLE!! Due to his design philosophy alone, we have a higher chance at a South Park character (and it would take a billion years for that to ever happen)! (Sorry about the rant) But seriously Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 , you need to stop with the negativity about Shantae’s chances. It doesn’t help anything. Now just wanna have this relayed to Dylly: Sorry about what this thread has become after you left. Hang in there!
The problem is that its becoming too tempting to believe leaks now seeing as leaks tend to be more likely to be real the closer and closer you get to a games release.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The problem is that its becoming too tempting to believe leaks now seeing as leaks tend to be more likely to be real the closer and closer you get to a games release.
Believe them or don't, the only answer to getting a character you want is speaking up at every opportunity.

If the only reason you support a character is due to seeming likely on account of evidence or leaks... you're a bandwagoner, plain & simple.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
i dont understand what your problem with me is majestyindigo

what did i do wrong
I have absolutely nothing against you since I don't even know you on a personal level. As I stated before, I really like sharing this thread with you and the others and wish you the very best. But just know that you don't have to be dying for people to like you. We DO like you either way. Just come as you are and be your true self, no gimmick.
Peace

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

Can we change 1 to, "All text leaks are fake till proven real"? Like the E3 leak? I think that suits it a lil better.

Other than that, I think this is good.

Top Bottom