• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
gonna be honest i don't think whoever is revealed at E3 was picked for the fighters pass because they were E3 worthy. Anything can happen at E3, and I don't think Sakurai cares for "hype" e3 reveals.

Personally I still feel 4-5 characters are likely. Shantae, Reimu, Crash, Ryu, and a Tales of Rep.

ah, I forgot to share this shantae fanart i just found. And amazing alt outfit for her

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This art makes Shantae look like a princess. Shantae the Princess Half Genie of Scuttle Town. :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Have you all seen this piece?

gonna be honest i don't think whoever is revealed at E3 was picked for the fighters pass because they were E3 worthy. Anything can happen at E3, and I don't think Sakurai cares for "hype" e3 reveals.

Personally I still feel 4-5 characters are likely. Shantae, Reimu, Crash, Ryu, and a Tales of Rep.

ah, I forgot to share this shantae fanart i just found. And amazing alt outfit for her

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I mean, you're not wrong. :ultpalutena::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter: (granted, :ultpacman: was revealed behind closed doors, but still)

It depends on whether the WOL datamine update does indeed lead to more DLC, until then all we can do is wait for what Sak will say in the next Presents for one of the remaining Pass 2 characters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Finally buckled and preordered the Shantae art book, even though we don't seem to have a release window for it anymore.

I might also pick up her FUNKO figure.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
It's finally happening!

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
This art makes Shantae look like a princess. Shantae the Princess Half Genie of Scuttle Town. :)
I feel like this would be Shantae if she was adopted into the Zelda universe with her own culture of people and stuff.
Very cool!

It's finally happening!
Aaah!! I can't wait. I'm huge on old-school games and I've been dying to play the original Shantae for a looong time. We're almost there guys!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unrelated, but it's good to see the Save Me Mr. Tako publisher debacle solved. Bless LRG.

It's finally happening!
Good, so maybe Udon can finally advertise the darn art book two months from then, if Amazon plays nice.

Finally buckled and preordered the Shantae art book, even though we don't seem to have a release window for it anymore.

I might also pick up her FUNKO figure.
It's currently set for June 22, so now that the original Shantae is suddenly confirmed, maybe that goalpost will finally (hopefully) stop moving.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Unrelated, but it's good to see the Save Me Mr. Tako publisher debacle solved. Bless LRG.

Good, so maybe Udon can finally advertise the darn art book two months from then, if Amazon plays nice.

It's currently set for June 22, so now that the original Shantae is suddenly confirmed, maybe that goalpost will finally (hopefully) stop moving.
What debacle?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like this would be Shantae if she was adopted into the Zelda universe with her own culture of people and stuff.
Very cool!
I think if Shantae and the people of Scuttle Town were in the Zelda universe, they would live closely to the boarders of wherever the Gerudo are. Reason I say this is because all of these characters are Middle Eastern based characters so it would make sense if they were all living near each other in the desert or close in general.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I think if Shantae and the people of Scuttle Town were in the Zelda universe, they would live closely to the boarders of wherever the Gerudo are. Reason I say this is because all of these characters are Middle Eastern based characters so it would make sense if they were all living near each other in the desert or close in general.
Well, it would have to be a separate town from the Gerudo since they're made up entirely of women (besides the one male born every 100 years, aka Ganondorf) and don't allow men in their towns. 😋

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well, it would have to be separate town from the Gerudo since they're made up entirely of women (besides the one male born every 100 years, aka Ganondorf) and don't allow men in their towns. 😋
That's what I was saying. The people of Scuttle Town would be near a nearby region from the Gerudo since they're all basically Middle Eastern based characters.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Seeing the trailer really caught my interest. It's surprising that the re-release of the original Shantae is still Nintendo exclusive. It would be incredibly easy to port it other places.

I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, but it does reinforce the idea that the most complete Shantae experience is still on Nintendo as it's the only place that can play her entire history.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
It's finally happening!
Well finally! Tbh, it doesn’t surprise me that much considering that it‘s been 7 months and we knew from seeing the digital copy will released in April from the LRG website.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So now that the GBC release is imminent, maybe we can finally get details for Xtreme Sports' own rerelease.

Seeing the trailer really caught my interest. It's surprising that the re-release of the original Shantae is still Nintendo exclusive. It would be incredibly easy to port it other places.

I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, but it does reinforce the idea that the most complete Shantae experience is still on Nintendo as it's the only place that can play her entire history.
It's certainly odd. Maybe the Advanced feature would have made no sense on other platforms?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So now that the GBC release is imminent, maybe we can finally get details for Xtreme Sports' own rerelease.

It's certainly odd. Maybe the Advanced feature would have made no sense on other platforms?
Probably the simple fact of having gameboy software on other platform int allowed? It's not like a port for other stuff since it was made specifically using gbc hardware. That's my guess anyway

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think that everyone overlooked this, but once again, WayForward did the announcement entirely on their own terms. Not on a Direct, not on a Nindies (which we've yet to have this year), not even on New Game+ Expo. They really are going out of their way to rely on word of mouth for their products.

Probably the simple fact of having gameboy software on other platform int allowed? It's not like a port for other stuff since it was made specifically using gbc hardware. That's my guess anyway
Sony being scared of anything from theirs interacting with their "competition" in some way at all is one thing, but I don't think Microsoft would have acted that difficult about it.

It seems to me that WF has been occasionally giving particular focus to the Switch lately, between this, Vitamin Connection, the DD Neon port and, ugh, Bakugan (:pcfire:), seeing as games tend to be particularly profitable on the Switch right now and WF aren't exactly made of money so they can always use the extra dough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom