• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you think that's likely though? This is the time for some SOLID READS, not speculation! :163:
Give me one reason why it is less likely than your idea that his claim makes him town.

Don't give me this stupid over the top ******** where you contribute nothing to the conversation EXCEPT BIG WORDS.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Disappeared(not sure if actually gonna be back)didn't know adum still felt strongly about it and okay

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So how does it affect your read on FML? Deadline's tomorrow and you've been talking almost exclusivey about Kary and me after Kantrip's lynch and both are sort of irrelevant because neither lynch is likely to happen toDay. If you can't persuading people that Kary is the play you soon should probably start thinking about whom to lynch between FML and Jexs because that's the direction I think we're heading atm.

:059:
I think how it affects my FML read is obvious.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
out of the two, JeXs is definitely the better lynch, but his play reflects lack of engagement in the game rather then any particular alignment as do how other slots treat him. He's a better fallback lynch then a primary lynch.

Maven89

Smash Master
Eh, at this point my vote is either going for Jex or FML. Jex has been aggressive in his lack of information, FML I still just don't like and want that slot dealt with. I can't see myself lynching someone else. I'd hammer Adumb or Kary if it somehow got there and there was a possibility of a no lynch. Otherwise I'd rather a no lynch then lynch Gheb or Detective

Vote: Jex

I hope he comes up with a major post

Maven89

Smash Master
Though Adumb, I don't think your analysis is right. Gheb was a single vote away from being lynched when Kantrip made his "vote adumb" post, FML had maybe a vote or two on him. Gheb's was a lynch Kantrip could assume would happen despite him, FML is a push that Kantrip tried his hardest to stop before it ever took off.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Though Adumb, I don't think your analysis is right. Gheb was a single vote away from being lynched when Kantrip made his "vote adumb" post, FML had maybe a vote or two on him. Gheb's was a lynch Kantrip could assume would happen despite him, FML is a push that Kantrip tried his hardest to stop before it ever took off.
Think about it this way, as you can see from how he played the gheb lynch, he felt like he had 0 town control so his opinion was effectively meaningless in a lynch.

The only thing that doesn't make sense with this was that the wagon didn't exist when he started but if he was decently intelligent he'd recognize that it was gonna be a major polarizing topic of conversation and there was a significant amount of support the view that it was a scum gambit, most notably from Kary. He suspected it could be a lynch and he rolled the dice on it, I think he was doing the same with you at the end of d1 and I suspect the only reason he didn't switch on gheb earlier was because he felt too committed.

Frankly simply defending his scummate seems way too transparent based on how he's been playing things this game, defending him to benefit from his lynch fits his pattern both before and after.

Maven89

Smash Master
Think about it this way, as you can see from how he played the gheb lynch, he felt like he had 0 town control so his opinion was effectively meaningless in a lynch.

The only thing that doesn't make sense with this was that the wagon didn't exist when he started but if he was decently intelligent he'd recognize that it was gonna be a major polarizing topic of conversation and there was a significant amount of support the view that it was a scum gambit, most notably from Kary. He suspected it could be a lynch and he rolled the dice on it, I think he was doing the same with you at the end of d1 and I suspect the only reason he didn't switch on gheb earlier was because he felt too committed.

Frankly simply defending his scummate seems way too transparent based on how he's been playing things this game, defending him to benefit from his lynch fits his pattern both before and after.
I really don't see any similarity between the two, one is Kantrip suddenly pushing someone else at the last second, the other one is him actively defending a player. Kantrip suddenly moving from Gheb to you doesn't count as defending Gheb, he never took his read off of Gheb. This doesn't seem to be any sort of plan but just a dumb last minute gamble by someone who was afraid he'd be connected to the gheb lynch and wanted to distance himself. That's very different from making around a dozen posts defending FML

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
They have completely opposite reactions to the FML waggon.
Then there's JeXs switching onto Kantrip at literally the last minute to secure the lynch.

This is a separate point, but I feel that JeXs has no motive (on his own) to claim his role as scum- at that point FML has been counter-claimed by DSH and that could plausibly lead to FML getting lynched.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I mean, regardless of how I feel, I'm not in a hurry to hammer with DSH having posted almost nothing whatsoever.

That and I feel there's a lot of people on this waggon for not very much reasoning.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Eh, at this point my vote is either going for Jex or FML. Jex has been aggressive in his lack of information, FML I still just don't like and want that slot dealt with. I can't see myself lynching someone else. I'd hammer Adumb or Kary if it somehow got there and there was a possibility of a no lynch. Otherwise I'd rather a no lynch then lynch Gheb or Detective

Vote: Jex
Zero opinion on Zalak?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Give me one reason why it is less likely than your idea that his claim makes him town.

Don't give me this stupid over the top ******** where you contribute nothing to the conversation EXCEPT BIG WORDS.
Like I said, they would require either a 4 person mafia or an insane amount of luck to pull that off as scum. He claims he shot Gheb, but failed, then two other people show up and claim to fail their shots as well. That just adds up TOO well to be a scum gambit. Even if it weren't for that ridiculous chain of events, I don't think your theory makes a lot of sense. Why would they claim vig just to pilot the Gheb train? Not only would that give them unnecessary attention as scum, but there was already suspicion on Gheb's slot. AND IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, the claim didn't raise suspicion levels on Gheb as much as it raised them for FML.

FML said the same thing about me. How is this different?

They have completely opposite reactions to the FML waggon.
Then there's JeXs switching onto Kantrip at literally the last minute to secure the lynch.
My partner and I bickered all the time in my game as scum. It's all about acting how you normally would... I guess I've already stated my opinion on the switch to Kantrip.

This is a separate point, but I feel that JeXs has no motive (on his own) to claim his role as scum- at that point FML has been counter-claimed by DSH and that could plausibly lead to FML getting lynched.
It could also plausibly lead to DSH being lynched. ALSO, I think you basically just gave a reason for JeXs to claim vig on his own. He did it believably. and it seems like an unnecessary move for him to make, so now you think he's townie because of it. JeXs was not putting himself in danger, because he wasn't pushing any lynches. Even today, he claimed to have shot someone, but failed, receiving ANOTHER SHOT. To me, this seems like he could be waiting until the end to cast suspicion on someone, and WIN THE MAFIA MAJORITY, but that is just speculation.

Maven89

Smash Master
Zalak completely slipped my mind. He's null, I'd lynch him before adumb and kary

My problem with Jex is he has to know he's about to get lynched, but he's just refusing to give any thoughts. He's ignoring everything and posting single line posts, then just vanishing. Him claiming to have received another shot is suspicious.. Also, the character he claimed was a mass serial killer who made dragons out of people's meat.

I'm still down for either

FullMetalLynch

At this point in time, there's no reason for either JeXs or Full Metal Lynch to be alive. For Full Metal Lynch, I could go back, quote a bunch of his posts, and point out my problems with his play, but THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR BOTHERS ME THE MOST.

They just... they just don't answer the question. "TEMPTED TO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESITON"???? NAH, YOU'RE JUST STrAIGHT UP NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION. This is one of the most anti-town things a person can do. It's not like I was about to get lynched or anything when he said that. I asked a legitimate question regarding an (AS FAR AS I CAN TELL) illegitimate accusation, and he straight up doesn't answer. He just rolls with JeXs, giving me no explanation.

Before I move onto JeXs, I want to point out that (and if you guys actually turn out to be town I AM SORRY :061: but this seems very scummy to me) we've never stopped seeing.. I believe you call it... "armchair criticism" from this slot. This was worst on day two.

OH AND FINALLY. If someone tries to use my noobyness to read me ONE MORE TIME

ONE
MORE
TIME

i will be.. bothered. Is this really his only reason for wanting to vote me? I've had like 3 people vouch for me on my anti-newblyness, and this still happens? If you had OTHER reasons for wanting to lynch me, I could see you throwing this on top of them, because I am technically new, but you have been told be 3 people not to write me off as a noob. One of them is a confirmed townie.

MOVING ON TO JeXs...
i want calling you a noob though. I was saying the kill smelled of it which it does. GLG was a nobody who hadnt claimed which was the only unknown about the slot. There's no reason for scum to kill a meaningless slot like his when people like adumb or kary or gheb are around. So why do you think they are around ? It's because they are probably either the easiest to make look bad,as town. This slap fight of theirs is pretty hilarious because from my pov it only proves townies are willing to waste time doing stuff like this. Me and orbo are on opposite sides of support but the more they fight the more i lean to it being TvT. Especially with how maven is now suddenly trying to push us after haviong all of yesterday and d1 with that conversation with kantrip to do so. His push on me reeks and it reeks because Kary and adumbs fight is finally grinding to it's inevitable stopping point where adumb can't get kary lynched and can barely make a solid reason we should want to lynch him, and kary's running in circles defending himself. The idea that kantrip would waste time defending me after my claim as a scum mate if he planned to claim BP is also pretty silly, btw

FullMetalLynch

@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch who should we be lynching toDay?
probably maven given how he's abandoned you now that it's obvious you won't happen and his sudden "realization" that kantrip had a giant interaction and revolving door that i created around myself, with me. His jump to me is pretty grossly timed based on my initial gut feeling and after reading i gotta say maven's slot has been way too oppurtunistic and I still think he was just sitting on you and piling on with vaguely different points than adumb to be seen as doing something. His most recent 180 on you literally just happened as like a "well i've been doing this for like 5 pages now and he's no closer to dying, so imma just change gears" no reason he couldnt have pressured me before about that interaction seeing as it's been there since like early d2 and double bad that he claims what kantrips doing is super defensive and setting himself up to alley oop a vote on me but won't, probably due to the fact that no one's bitten to hard on that line of thought yet

FullMetalLynch

i want calling you a noob though. I was saying the kill smelled of it which it does. GLG was a nobody who hadnt claimed which was the only unknown about the slot. There's no reason for scum to kill a meaningless slot like his when people like adumb or kary or gheb are around. So why do you think they are around ? It's because they are probably either the easiest to make look bad,as town. This slap fight of theirs is pretty hilarious because from my pov it only proves townies are willing to waste time doing stuff like this. Me and orbo are on opposite sides of support but the more they fight the more i lean to it being TvT. Especially with how maven is now suddenly trying to push us after haviong all of yesterday and d1 with that conversation with kantrip to do so. His push on me reeks and it reeks because Kary and adumbs fight is finally grinding to it's inevitable stopping point where adumb can't get kary lynched and can barely make a solid reason we should want to lynch him, and kary's running in circles defending himself. The idea that kantrip would waste time defending me after my claim as a scum mate if he planned to claim BP is also pretty silly, btw
d2* getting days mixed a bit, my bad

FullMetalLynch

I don't see how FML could have faked being a one-shot vig unless all three of them are scum. He was the first one to claim to have failed a shot, and in the end, all three of them claimed that. As for JeXs, that's just why I think his vig claim is the least legitimate.
circumstances were quite a bit different whn i claimed to be fair. I kicked the flood gates and squeezed through but then everyone else kinda said "screw it , i'm coming along for the ride". I don't think jexs needs to make a fakeclaim like this as scum though, purely because scum has no threat of being traced to a kill anymore, it's cerrtainly an easy thing to claim, but i don't see why he'd bother when he'd be safe enough saying he was just neighbours. from mypov these mutiple fake vigs are probably red herrings dietz put in so that whoever got the tracker couldn't just faceroll the game. I'm pretty sure the remaining scum are likely goons or maybe a little more, because kantrip for sure was the cause of the blackout, anyone who doubts that needs to apply some flavour common since. I'd put money on a least one person from the four neighbours is scum though, because it's a great way to balance scum's lack of day influence by giving them the ability to spread out and spread ideas out, and i think maven was the one who had multiple shots of it, which , and this is wifom btw, makes more sense as a scum power because then he can draw people into multiple neighborhoods and have even more knowledge and therefore dday influence / thread influence

FullMetalLynch

oh and i also agree with orbo but i want peopel's opinion on this because i view it as significant

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
that namesearch though lol

Like I said, they would require either a 4 person mafia or an insane amount of luck to pull that off as scum. He claims he shot Gheb, but failed, then two other people show up and claim to fail their shots as well. That just adds up TOO well to be a scum gambit. Even if it weren't for that ridiculous chain of events, I don't think your theory makes a lot of sense. Why would they claim vig just to pilot the Gheb train? Not only would that give them unnecessary attention as scum, but there was already suspicion on Gheb's slot. AND IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, the claim didn't raise suspicion levels on Gheb as much as it raised them for FML
I didn't say gambit. I said safe-claim.

FML said the same thing about me. How is this different?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I really don't see any similarity between the two, one is Kantrip suddenly pushing someone else at the last second, the other one is him actively defending a player. Kantrip suddenly moving from Gheb to you doesn't count as defending Gheb, he never took his read off of Gheb. This doesn't seem to be any sort of plan but just a dumb last minute gamble by someone who was afraid he'd be connected to the gheb lynch and wanted to distance himself. That's very different from making around a dozen posts defending FML
Yes they are not entirely the same, but I doubt he expected gheb to get so close to lynch and so he scrambled which made his actions very transparent in retrospect. Still part of the same pattern of play.

I like a Maven push.
Explain.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Zalak completely slipped my mind. He's null, I'd lynch him before adumb and kary

My problem with Jex is he has to know he's about to get lynched, but he's just refusing to give any thoughts. He's ignoring everything and posting single line posts, then just vanishing. Him claiming to have received another shot is suspicious.. Also, the character he claimed was a mass serial killer who made dragons out of people's meat.

I'm still down for either
I'm beginning to think Maven only has me in his lynchpool because my wagon already has the support of JeXs and FML. "I don't really have much of an opinion on Zalak, but I'd lynch him instead of this highly scummy"

Top Bottom