• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123

At this point in time, there's no reason for either JeXs or Full Metal Lynch to be alive. For Full Metal Lynch, I could go back, quote a bunch of his posts, and point out my problems with his play, but THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR BOTHERS ME THE MOST.
I'm tempted to not answer this just to annoy you
They just... they just don't answer the question. "TEMPTED TO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESITON"???? NAH, YOU'RE JUST STrAIGHT UP NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION. This is one of the most anti-town things a person can do. It's not like I was about to get lynched or anything when he said that. I asked a legitimate question regarding an (AS FAR AS I CAN TELL) illegitimate accusation, and he straight up doesn't answer. He just rolls with JeXs, giving me no explanation.
Guys we should really lynch Zalak though
Before I move onto JeXs, I want to point out that (and if you guys actually turn out to be town I AM SORRY :061: but this seems very scummy to me) we've never stopped seeing.. I believe you call it... "armchair criticism" from this slot. This was worst on day two.

He's not 9ff the hook but I really dislike zakak. That glg screamed of noob or maybe even afk scum kill to me
OH AND FINALLY. If someone tries to use my noobyness to read me ONE MORE TIME

ONE
MORE
TIME

i will be.. bothered. Is this really his only reason for wanting to vote me? I've had like 3 people vouch for me on my anti-newblyness, and this still happens? If you had OTHER reasons for wanting to lynch me, I could see you throwing this on top of them, because I am technically new, but you have been told be 3 people not to write me off as a noob. One of them is a confirmed townie.

MOVING ON TO JeXs...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adum, adum...

It is obvious at this point that you are not looking at the evidence, and using it to find who's scum - you are assuming that I am scum, and scraping around for whatever evidence there is that might support your theory. You need to stop tunneling on my slot and actually reconsider.

It is significantly more likely that Kantrip switched off of Gheb when he did not have a scummate waiting in the wings to hammer. Trying to make his slot seem more townie is just not worth giving up a mislynch- it is mislynches, not townpoints, that win games.

Kantrip could just as easily made his case against you after the lynch was secured, and try and push the blowback from the Gheb lynch onto you the following Day. The way he did it seems absurdly risky if the lynch was already in the bag.

At this point your theory has devolved to where Kantrip just does things, and I have to work with them, with no sort of coordination or teamwork between us. I shouldn't have to point out that, if it seems like Kantrip and I are working independently, it's probably because we're not aligned.
You're overvaluing a mislynch. The fact is that scum can occasionally utilize teamwork but avoid acting in a coordinated fashion because it makes it too easy to connect the dots on them. Perception is far more valuable then a simple mislynch.

Regardless I'm putting this discussion on hold, I have other slots to chew on.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
it's the sort of thing I did when I first rolled scum

The game should be won between
Gheb vs Maven + Zalak vs Kary
whoa whoa whoa

can you explain why those are both SvT?
(THE ACRONYM "POE" IS MOVED TO THE START OF THE QUOTE TO BETTER REFLECT THE MEANING OF THIS CONVERSATION)
poe
Gheb vs maven is a headache and I don't want to think about it. Kary vs Zalak I'm leaning kary
like kary said.. you need a better explanation :099:
Vote: JeXs

You still have some explaining to do :021:
Hi, what do you need from me
Because I town read the others. And your interactions with Kary doesn't read TvT to me. Currently leaning towards Gheb/Zalak.
vote zalak
Guys we should really lynch Zalak though
this is... this is not acceptable. this needs hardcore elaboration

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
There is one thing that makes me think FML might be innocent though, which I'm just sort of realizing now, so I'd really like to lynch JeXs first.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Why is this true though?

And why did JeXs vote for me right after I voted for JeXs???

I don't like this :042:
Because its d3 and i still feel you don't have a focus to your play and your voting late yesterday sucked( thought youd respond to my post sooner which isvwhy i didn't answer right away ie just to annoy you a bit)

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
DSH: NEEDS TO POST MORE. Null, but I would lynch them. Their vig claimed seemed like the second to least legitimate, or the most illegitimate. I think I explained why earlier. They got overly dramatic, and it felt like acting to me. They moved really quickly from "There's no way this game has multiple one-shot vigs" to "This game is terrible because it has multiple one-shot vigs"

Gheb: Hasn't done anything to make me think he's DEFINITELY town, but I've been okay with his content for the most part. I especially like how he's suspicious of both JeXs and FML. My only concern with Gheb is his connection with Kantrip, which could have been INTENTIONALLY CREATED BY KANTRIP, just to make Gheb look more suspicious in the long run. Their conversations were definitely showdowny, and I know Kantrip got showdowny with me, a townie near the beginning of the game. In the end, I don't think Kantrip's connection with Gheb can be used in his favor OR against him. TOWN LEAN, but I'm not writing him off, but I'm mostly writing him off because I have some higher priority targets.

Maven: Honestly... HONESTLY... I've mostly been okay with Maven, but he's been dropping and picking up pushes a lot lately, which he DOES TEND TO DO. Maven's the kind of guy who readily changes his opinions when he reads/remembers relevant info, WHICH IS GOOD, and I am usually fine with it, but he's 180d on Kary TWICE today. TWICE!! His posts mostly feel genuine to me though. TOWN LEAN. I still have a question for him though. @ Maven89 Maven89 What was the deal with your whole wizardry hinting thing with the wizardy gif? When did you decide you would reveal your role, and was the wizard gif actually meant to be used as a hint?

JeXs: EVIL. One of the least pro-active slots, and in my opinion, the least legitimate one-shot vig claim. This may be oversimplifying things a bit, but JeXs was the last one to claim one-shot vig AND the last claim to have shot someone and failed. The way I see it, of all the one-shot vig claims, JeXs could have most easily faked it. JeXs has IGNORED my questions AND VOTED for me without a real explanation. WORST OF ALL, I could see JeXs being in a team with most of the living players. SCUM READ.

Adum: He's been fairly stubborn and confrontational with most players, which I don't like, but I've agreed with most of his reasoning. I've seen some really illogical stuff from him, but that only comes up when he stays in an argument with one person for too long. I could see a mafia member or a town member doing this, but I'm not sure how ADUM SPECIFICALLY acts as mafia/town, so I'd like someone who's played with him more to comment on this. I'm still very bothered by our argument about my own scumlyness near the beginning of the game. He didn't seem to be willing to look at it from a different angle, which is anti-town if you ask me. Slight scum lean, but almost null. I'd really like someone who's not Kary to talk about this guy. (NO OFFENSE, KARY, but you two are just too far into fightsville right now)

Kary: I don't like how she acts when accused, and I don't like the way she acts when someone questions her reads/decisions. She seems a little too defensive. I ALSO DON'T LIKE HOW SHE KINDA DEFENDED KANTRIP'S FLAVOR CLAIM AT THE END OF DAY 2. Other than that, she seems really intent to move the game forward, and has probably been the most pro-active player in this game. SLIGHT TOWN LEAN.

FML: They seemed very directionless for most of the game. They've dished out a lot of armchair criticism. They've acted kind of anti-town BUT I noticed something very townie about them, and that is their vig claim. It is EASILY the most legitimate of all the vig claims. Unless we have 4 mafia members, one of the claims is bound to be real. WHO CLAIMED FIRST? FML. WHO WAS THE FIRST TO SHOOT SOMEONE AND FAIL? FML. HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULLY SHOT ANYONE AS VIG YET? NO!
TOWN READ. They do fit into a couple of my possible teams though, but I'm really starting to think they're town.

Zalak: zalak is no noob.. but he is not a member of the mafia: strong town read

LIKELY/POSSIBLE TEAMS:

JeXs and DSH (JeXs thinks DSH vs FML is getting dangerously showdowny, so he claims one-shot vig, leaving everyone too confused to use the vig claims as hardcore evidence): LIKELY
JeXs and FML (SAME WITH JEXS AND DSH, ONLY DSH IS REPLACED WITH FML. ALSO, I DON'T LIKE HOW THEY'RE BOTH VOTING FOR ME WITHOUT AN EXPLANATION): POSSIBLE
JeXs and Kary (Kary's treatment of JeXs has been kinda weird. I don't like how she wanted to clear him just for lynching Kantrip. Kary also protected JeXs after JeXs claimed one-shot vig, I DON't REMEMBER HER EXACT REASONS THOUGH, but I feel like she should have given JeXs a chance to make a defense before she stepped in.): LIKELY
Gheb and Maven (neighborhood = code word for MAFIA CHAT? I feel like we should be seeing these two talk about each other more, but they're not.) : POSSIBLE
Adum and FML (FML's defense on Adum felt kinda weird, but that's it): POSSIBLE
Gheb and Kary ( KARY'S DAY TWO VOTING) : KIND OF LIKELY
ANY TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE LESS THAN A SOLID TOWN READ: POSSIBLE
IMPOSSIBLE TEAMS:
me + anyone
kary + adum... I have changed my mind. Unless they're really really good actors, this is not SvS. Are these two good at acting>
FML +DSH... this game is about bamboozling, yes, but I don't think they would throw each other into the splotlight like that.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ Zalak Zalak so FML is town because they claimed first, and JeXs scum because he claimed last?

Seems like a kinda simplistic view
I don't see how FML could have faked being a one-shot vig unless all three of them are scum. He was the first one to claim to have failed a shot, and in the end, all three of them claimed that. As for JeXs, that's just why I think his vig claim is the least legitimate.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
the only way the ONLY WAY that could have happened is if FML was trying to frame Gheb and got extremely lucky. ALSO, I still don't think FML would just try to frame Gheb that early when Gheb was already scum-read by most players.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
maybe he's scum and his safeclaim is 1-shot vig. He said he shot Gheb to try and put dirt on Gheb's slot and make himself look better, but wasn't expecting all the other vigs to turn up. That would explain why he jumped straight to the Gheb = scum conclusion and didn't consider other options.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
maybe he's scum and his safeclaim is 1-shot vig. He said he shot Gheb to try and put dirt on Gheb's slot and make himself look better, but wasn't expecting all the other vigs to turn up. That would explain why he jumped straight to the Gheb = scum conclusion and didn't consider other options.
That's a possibility, but something that struck me about him when rereading.

He went hardcore anti-fml lynch just as the pressure was building and he swung hardcore anti-gheb lynch just as gheb seemed about to be lynched.

Think about it, he was also very vocal against the bardull lynch and didn't even sign on to it or maven even when it became clear that lynching gheb was impossible, even though he was present.

I think in all cases his intent wasn't to stop the lynch at all, rather he was expecting the lynch to go through and trying to set things up so he'd be in a better position the next phase.

Maven89

Smash Master
That's a possibility, but something that struck me about him when rereading.

He went hardcore anti-fml lynch just as the pressure was building and he swung hardcore anti-gheb lynch just as gheb seemed about to be lynched.

Think about it, he was also very vocal against the bardull lynch and didn't even sign on to it or maven even when it became clear that lynching gheb was impossible, even though he was present.

I think in all cases his intent wasn't to stop the lynch at all, rather he was expecting the lynch to go through and trying to set things up so he'd be in a better position the next phase.
I'm confused who the subject of this post is?

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Maven89 Maven89 What was the deal with your whole wizardry hinting thing with the wizardy gif? When did you decide you would reveal your role, and was the wizard gif actually meant to be used as a hint?
I revelead my role when there felt to be a purpose to do so, after i decided i couldn't get good use of it.

A hint? Well, not one people were supposed to figure out, it was really breadcrumbing, something I could point back to and show I didn't just make something up on the spot.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [1] - Kary
3. Zalak [1] - Jexs
4. Adumbrodeus
5. Kary [1] - Adumbrodeus
6. Detective Sherlock Hound
7. Jexs [2] - Zalak, Gheb
8. Gheb

Not voting: FML, Sherlock, Maven

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 9th

I hate to have two in one game, but if I can't find either member of DSH or a replacement by deadline I will strongly consider a modkill.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I revelead my role when there felt to be a purpose to do so, after i decided i couldn't get good use of it.

A hint? Well, not one people were supposed to figure out, it was really breadcrumbing, something I could point back to and show I didn't just make something up on the spot.
That sounds very unnecessary and suspicious

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
FOR REAL THOUGH, YOU CALLED ROSALINA OUT FOR THAT IN MY FIRST GAME WITH YOU. These "BREADCRUMBS" WERE LAID RIGHT BEFORE THE REVEAL. IT'S ALMOST AS IF YOU INTENTIONALLY WAITED TWO POSTS JUST SO YOU COULD LAY THESE CRUMBS Then you said the reason you didn't want to reveal your flavor was because you thought there might be a role that uses flavor??????????????? Tell me, Maven.. was this a legitimate fear? If you were so afraid, why didn't you just not reveal your flavor at all?

ALSO, MAVEN, HAVE YOU BEEN MAKING USE OF THE NEIGHBoRHOOD LATELY, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GHEB?

Maven89

Smash Master
FOR REAL THOUGH, YOU CALLED ROSALINA OUT FOR THAT IN MY FIRST GAME WITH YOU.

Pretty sure that was her hinting that she had a PR

Also she was town

Then you said the reason you didn't want to reveal your flavor was because you thought there might be a role that uses flavor??????????????? Tell me, Maven.. was this a legitimate fear?
No, because I never gave that as a reason. I clearly stated that I felt I was being asked for my role, and I saw zero reason to give it out.

ALSO, MAVEN, HAVE YOU BEEN MAKING USE OF THE NEIGHBoRHOOD LATELY
Pretty good

, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GHEB?
Reading through the previous days, the amount Kantrip was trying to push the lynch to Gheb and saying how Adumb would look bad on his town flip basically confirms to me that Gheb is town. it'd take something major to make me think he was scum

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
No, because I never gave that as a reason. I clearly stated that I felt I was being asked for my role, and I saw zero reason to give it out.
Oh yes, that is true. VERY WELL.

Who would you like to lynch today?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm confused who the subject of this post is?
Gheb and FML.

I think you're on the money in terms of kantrip's reasons for doing a 180 on gheb and on reread I'm pretty convinced his reasons for his treatment of the FML wagon and the bardull lynch were similar, that he was trying to push against them so people would read him town on their townflip.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Eyyyy remember when I called V/LA from Wednesday-Sunday for an anime convention?

Yeeeah see you guys tomorrow.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Or maybe I only posted that in our message with Dietz and not in here. Oops.

Either way, I'll be here tomorrow.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Do you think that's likely though? This is the time for some SOLID READS, not speculation! :163:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ what's your opinion on Maven?
His claim adds up and by flavor it kinda makes sense for me to be in a neighborhood with a wizard. He has shown genuine interest in helping town win this game - him reading back to dig out the connections between Kantrip and FML is a proof of that. The only reason he'd do that as scum is if he wanted to buddy me by supporting my idea that Kantrip are FML scummates. If he actually wanted to buddy me he could've started earlier instead of openly mistrusting me in the beginning though so I don't really see any scum intent in hat he's doing. He's town in my book.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think you're on the money in terms of kantrip's reasons for doing a 180 on gheb and on reread I'm pretty convinced his reasons for his treatment of the FML wagon and the bardull lynch were similar, that he was trying to push against them so people would read him town on their townflip.
So how does it affect your read on FML? Deadline's tomorrow and you've been talking almost exclusivey about Kary and me after Kantrip's lynch and both are sort of irrelevant because neither lynch is likely to happen toDay. If you can't persuading people that Kary is the play you soon should probably start thinking about whom to lynch between FML and Jexs because that's the direction I think we're heading atm.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FML, Maven and Sherlock should start voting ... just so we can get an idea what's possible toDay and what isn't. Votes are scattered all over the place right now and that shouldn't be the case so close to the deadline ...

Top Bottom