• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [1] - Kary
3. Zalak [1] - Jexs
4. Adumbrodeus
5. Kary [2] - Adumbrodeus, Maven
6. Detective Sherlock Hound
7. Jexs [2] - Zalak, Gheb
8. Gheb

Not voting: FML, Sherlock

Deadline is Midnight CST Tuesday the 9th

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I really, really do not like that Zalak came into this day focusing on how I used the word "honestly", that's incredibly minor and with a scum flip with tons of information to go through, I have real trouble figuring out how Zalak could think the fact that I said "honestly" to be the most relevant thing to discuss. Plus, I was under the impression he was joking from the start, since he attacked me for using honestly, then immediately used the word honestly. Was this a joke? He refuses to say but I don't see how it could be anything else.
Sorry, I've been busy with some FINAL PROJECTS for school, so I haven't had as much time to hunt scum. When I said I was back to my poketastic self, I THOUGHT I was gonna have free time, but my last project was more than I bargained for.

So uh, something seemed off about the way you were playing, so I just said that to see how you would respond. It was MOSTLY a joke, but it actually worried me SLIGHTLY.

Or is it just more likely that I am town, was hesitant about the Gheb lynch, and then it dissolved before it could happen, and I decided to vote who I thought was more scummy?
What made you decide that Adum was the best lynch? Do you still think Adum is scummy?

I dislike Kary for the same reason I dislike Adum. My conversations with them haven't felt dynamic, and they seem very rooted in their opinions when argued against. They are especially stubborn when it comes to their battle against each other, which makes sense, but they haven't spent too much time arguing against other people. It almost feels SvS, but they're far from being the most likely team in my mind. I prefer Adum to Kary, because his reads and content outside of his rumble with Kary have jived well with me. Also, Kary seems just a little too defensive/deflective when talking about themself. I say it's good to be as straightforward as possible when talking about yourself as a townie, unless you're hiding something for the good of the town.

@JeXs How have you decided your town reads? Do you have any null reads? Why are you leaning towards Gheb and me?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
ONE THING THAT I THINK IS WORTH MENTIONING ABOUT ADUM THOUGH:
Kantrip voted for him yesterday, and we actually almost made that lynch. I don't think Kantrip would come that close to voting his team mate when he wasn't even present before the deadline, meaning he wouldn't have been able to unvote if the situation demanded it. Kantrip was clearly scummier than Adum, so I don't think he would have sacrificed Adum for the future good of the mafia either. If they were to have sacrificed one of them, it would be Kantrip, who was going down anyway. So yeah, I think Adum is probably town.. probably.... they could have been gambling.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What made you decide that Adum was the best lynch? Do you still think Adum is scummy?
Thinking about it, I can't see why ScumKantrip would come into a situation where a person was at l-1 and try to switch the lynch.
Adumbrodeus- adum's play is robotic to the point of being borderline unintelligible. He seems very committed to his stances, though, and his support of them seems pretty genuine. What I don't like about his play is that I could see the extreme stances he takes masking scum intent- for instance in pushing Bardull to guarantee a lynch, I couldn't see any town motivation on his part to find a good lynch, or to try and get a read on Bardull vs. other slots. His reads list at the end of yesterDay restored some of my faith however, and at the moment I have no problems with his slot other than his posts making my eyes bleed. Lean town.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I mean, basically you're scumreading me because you don't like my playstyle.
Nice deflection to not answer the charges against you.

Why are you voting me over Gheb here?
You're scummier then gheb to be frank. The way kantrip treated his slot stinks and his attempt to block reads d1 and not admitting FML never supported the soup lynch even when he clearly knew it was incorrect are scummy. But it doesn't even remotely compare to the volume of scummyness on your slot.

I should point out that this is not even close to the facts for what it's worth. Kantrip claimed, and then you immediately latched onto his flavor and tried to argue he was scum on those grounds, an argument I disagreed with because it is a bad argument.

If you had argued that he claimed without provocation in an attempt to save himself, and that his play was not consistent with his claim that he was bulletproof, then maybe we would have been on the same page. Instead you latched onto something that was at best slightly telling, then accused me, quite ridiculously, that I was somehow making an excuse for Kantrip.
You posted that flavor is a consistency check which is why you flavor fished maven.

You were right then, flavor is a claim consistency check, I latched onto it immediately because it screamed obvious bullsh*t having watched the Obama vids, like what somebody didn't know filmcow and just made the claim up based on how obama is in the real world, then when called on it watched the video and tried to cover it up with nonsensical references.

But rather then considering that objectively you exercised your considerable town control to try to convince people not to even look at it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's not even what I'm saying, please.

Adum is saying that I'm being anti-town, and scummy.
Yet surely if I am scum, I would do my best to maintain a pro-town appearance.
Why does he think I am being anti-town as scum?

No explanation.
Two reasons:

1. Your play appears superficially town to people with poor scumhunting metrics because you've been extremely active.

2. Your strong town control has up until now prevented you from being held responsible for your play.
This argument against me is really just a joke.

I am scum because I am distracting? Distracting from what? Are all these other slots not posting because they can't get a word in edgeways?

adum goes on to say that:

Are we really suggesting that I'm scum and I'm terrified of being on a mislynch- even when I have a partner who I can easily bus the following Day if necessary?

Or are we suggesting that I am scum with both Gheb and Kantrip, and for some reason rather than bus Gheb, I decided to let Gheb bus Kantrip, but not get involved myself?

Or is it just more likely that I am town, was hesitant about the Gheb lynch, and then it dissolved before it could happen, and I decided to vote who I thought was more scummy?
Terrified of being held responsible for a mislynch, clearly you don't mind a mislynch as long as you can present yourself as not a driving force on the wagon.

As far as the gheb and kantrip wagons, if kantrip was scum with gheb I don't think they expected either to die. I think the only reason kantrip waited so long as because he felt he didn't have an excuse and if he switched without a good excuse they'd both die on either's flip, and he felt that his case provided that excuse.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You were right then, flavor is a claim consistency check, I latched onto it immediately because it screamed obvious bullsh*t having watched the Obama vids, like what somebody didn't know filmcow and just made the claim up based on how obama is in the real world, then when called on it watched the video and tried to cover it up with nonsensical references.

But rather then considering that objectively you exercised your considerable town control to try to convince people not to even look at it.
You're being ridiculous.
His claim didn't scream obvious bull**** to me, as evidenced by my reaction at the time, and I have no way of knowing how close to the flavor JDietz has decided to make his roles- which is why I didn't want to lynch him just based on that.

I had my opinion on the flavor - I thought it was null. What I wanted to do was interrogate Kantrip about his claim, and get his reaction. Which is why I said that I (just me) didn't want to talk about it in his absence. But you came to me and tried to shove this argument down my throat when I had no particular reason to agree with you.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
... deflecting what to Gheb?
I never said that it was impossible. I think it's very unlikely.

what we should be looking at right now, is JeXs / Gheb, I think that's an interesting interaction.
uhh hello? Gheb is even scummier than yesterDay and he's not on your list of people to look at?
This is at least the third time you've been trying to draw adverse attention to that slot toDay, individually grilling people on why they're not pursuing positions makes sense but you seem intent on drawing people to this one, why? And it certainly doesn't explain your interesting interaction mention.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This is at least the third time you've been trying to draw adverse attention to that slot toDay, individually grilling people on why they're not pursuing positions makes sense but you seem intent on drawing people to this one, why? And it certainly doesn't explain your interesting interaction mention.
no, no, no, no, no.

this is the first time toDay I mention looking at Gheb in the context of potentially being scum. And you accuse me of deflecting>??

How is that deflecting? Am I not allowed to have opinions on other slots just because you voted for me?

I am trying to shake free of this ****ty argument you've laid on me, and the first thing I do, you come and lay more blame upon me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You're being ridiculous.
His claim didn't scream obvious bull**** to me, as evidenced by my reaction at the time, and I have no way of knowing how close to the flavor JDietz has decided to make his roles- which is why I didn't want to lynch him just based on that.

I had my opinion on the flavor - I thought it was null. What I wanted to do was interrogate Kantrip about his claim, and get his reaction. Which is why I said that I (just me) didn't want to talk about it in his absence. But you came to me and tried to shove this argument down my throat when I had no particular reason to agree with you.
This line of argument doesn't mesh with your prior treatment of maven, you endorsed it as a consistency check.

That "I don't know how close to the flavor jdietz decided to make his roles" doesn't mesh.

You EXPLICITLY chose to justify it in real life when you previously argued it was a flavor consistency check.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
no, no, no, no, no.

this is the first time toDay I mention looking at Gheb in the context of potentially being scum. And you accuse me of deflecting>??

How is that deflecting? Am I not allowed to have opinions on other slots just because you voted for me?

I am trying to shake free of this ****ty argument you've laid on me, and the first thing I do, you come and lay more blame upon me.
My question has nothing to do with that, why the repeated choice of gheb to push attention on in spite of your repeated insistence he's town?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Terrified of being held responsible for a mislynch, clearly you don't mind a mislynch as long as you can present yourself as not a driving force on the wagon.
If this is what you believe, why wouldn't I lynch Gheb? I clearly could have dodged the bullet on that one.

To which you are going to say, oh well Gheb's probably scum.

Except if you want to explain my play as scum, on the grounds that Gheb is scum,

we should be lynching Gheb, and lynching me on his scumflip, not the other way around.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This line of argument doesn't mesh with your prior treatment of maven, you endorsed it as a consistency check.

That "I don't know how close to the flavor jdietz decided to make his roles" doesn't mesh.

You EXPLICITLY chose to justify it in real life when you previously argued it was a flavor consistency check.
It is a check. You check to see if they are inconsistent. And I did not consider 'Obama' and 'bulletproof' to be inconsistent. In exactly the same way as I didn't consider 'George the Egg Lover' and 'Tracker' to be inconsistent. Neither of them are obvious- neither of them are unlikely.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
My question has nothing to do with that, why the repeated choice of gheb to push attention on in spite of your repeated insistence he's town?
'repeated' is simply false here. Asking Zalak about his read on Gheb is pushing Zalak, obviously.

I think that JeXs and Gheb mutually scumreading one another is interesting in this situation, do you wanna talk about it?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
EVERYONE

If this is what you believe, why wouldn't I lynch Gheb? I clearly could have dodged the bullet on that one.

To which you are going to say, oh well Gheb's probably scum.

Except if you want to explain my play as scum, on the grounds that Gheb is scum,

we should be lynching Gheb, and lynching me on his scumflip, not the other way around.
In spite of her insistence that gheb is most likely town.

Combined with her insistence this makes this the scummiest individual post in the game, she needs to be lynched with extreme prejudice.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I am saying we should be lynching Gheb before me IN YOUR POSITION.

I am not even saying we should lynch Gheb!

Can we stop pushing me on the grounds of being phenomenally stupid?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
There's a possibility that Kary's just trying to bus or just trying to break her wagon and hope that gheb can survive on his own but they're unlikely to be scum together.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I am saying we should be lynching Gheb before me IN YOUR POSITION.

I am not even saying we should lynch Gheb!

Can we stop pushing me on the grounds of being phenomenally stupid?
I could believe that explanation if this was the only post on this issue but your pattern is clear as day.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I could believe that explanation if this was the only post on this issue but your pattern is clear as day.
Your track record on being able to read is not exactly stellar. It is abundantly clear from that post that I am picking holes in your argument, not trying to subtly motivate some other lynch.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You started this Day saying I looked worse for Kantrip's flip, and you still cannot explain why that is.

It is clear as day that if I am scum, I would have lynched town Gheb. I come off a hundred times worse the way I played it.

Pushing my lynch before Gheb's lynch, in your shoes, is complete insanity.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This post makes it pretty clear:

You asked me for reads at the end of yesterDay, too. And then you didn't follow it up at all toDay. Which leads me to believe it doesn't really matter to you what my reads are. If you really care you can ask me Day 3.

I'm probably going to vote Gheb tomorrow given that several people seem unwilling to budge on this issue, and he's probably a better flip than say, Kantrip. I'm not putting him to L-whatever and then coming back to his quicklynch, if it's all the same.
This post makes it clear that you were:

- Willing to kill him but only in a situation where you wouldn't be blamed and by moving it as close to the deadline as possible you accomplish this.

or

- Trying to wait as long as possible in the hopes that something else would come up, but willing to bus if it came to that.

Your play last game day was suspicious regardless of gheb's alignment, the former is only more likely because you're trying to treat the slot as an outlet for pressure toDay.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
none of this answers my point. You are just going in circles again.

You started this Day saying I looked worse for Kantrip's flip, and you still cannot explain why that is.

It is clear as day that if I am scum, I would have lynched town Gheb. I come off a hundred times worse the way I played it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
none of this answers my point. You are just going in circles again.

Except I did, you covered for his obvious fakeclaim and you pushed the wagon on me in your non-commital way, a slot who you previously called town and at worst stated that it was possible I was scum.

Sure, but you didn't expect me to survive last game day, did you? You've been playing extremely arrogantly and up til now I've been the only person willing to call you out because frankly, this town is sheepish and you have great town control skills.

It makes sense to take what you viewed as a minor risk to get rid of what you viewed as a dog snapping at your heels, but it clearly didn't pay off for you, you made your choices hoping for a decidedly different result, but because the only person willing to call you out on this behavior didn't die you're now stuck in this position.

The fact is there's a reason why saying "if I was scum why would I do this scummy thing" is generally considered WIFORM and useless, because scum often do that scummy thing as scum, either without considering the implications of because of arrogance.

And your play has been NOTHING if not arrogant.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
@ FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch I'm confused about what your role claim is, you're a paranoid cop that is also a one-shot vig? But you didn't use your cop ability on anyone?
Dats right.

The flavour is vig and we test people's love of America against ours and everyone fails like I said. Dietz said mod informed paranoid cop essentially

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Sure, but you didn't expect me to survive last game day, did you? You've been playing extremely arrogantly and up til now I've been the only person willing to call you out because frankly, this town is sheepish and you have great town control skills.

It makes sense to take what you viewed as a minor risk to get rid of what you viewed as a dog snapping at your heels, but it clearly didn't pay off for you, you made your choices hoping for a decidedly different result, but because the only person willing to call you out on this behavior didn't die you're now stuck in this position.
I beg your pardon?
Now you're saying that Kantrip switched onto voting you, because he's scum with me, and I wanted to get rid of you because you're a threat to me? You're grasping at straws.

If I was scum and really needed rid of you, I would have just shot you last Night. If you and Gheb are both town, I would have no reason to give up the surefire Gheb lynch just to try and get rid of you.

You are literally saying that I do not view you as a serious threat, but I would make the effort to try and swing the lynch onto you.

I can say it again:

FullMetalLynch

Sorry, I'm not trying to suggest that he's not scum. I'm just saying, their neighborhood is looking pretty legit.

I am worried about DSH's lack of content, but he doesn't seem very scummy to me. Of course, the fact that most people are giving him an easy time worries me even more, BUT, i needed to condense my list to some extent, so I limited it to 3 people. Kary hasn't actively avoided the spotlight, but I find it difficult to get straight answers from them, which is why I would still like to question Kary.

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT FML THOUGH. Everyone was pretty suspicious of them yesterday, but they weren't actually questioned too much. FURTHERMORE, the way they rolled with JeXs last few posts kinda bothers me.
Why though

Maven89

Smash Master
If anyone is still wondering about Kary, just look at this defense. I mean, just look at it

That's not even what I'm saying, please.

Adum is saying that I'm being anti-town, and scummy.
Yet surely if I am scum, I would do my best to maintain a pro-town appearance.
Why does he think I am being anti-town as scum?

No explanation.
I mean seriously. Kary is not some brand new scrub, she's been around longer then I have and I've been here half a year. There is no excuse for something like that to be posted by her, but there she is posting it, and actually pretending it's a defense. Following this line of thought, she'd have to think that acting pro-town is scummy, since clearly scum would act pro-town, yes? And anyone acting anti-town, well they're pro-town because scum don't want to act anti-town :rolleyes:

There is no excuse for this.

Vote Kary, lynch the slot.

FullMetalLynch

I mean this line is just atrocious

This is a complete lie. Adum was already voting Kantrip when he role claimed, and then pointed out that his claim of BP didn't fit with Filmcow Obama, something that was absolutely correct to point out because Kantrip made the whole thing up. You insisted you didn't want to talk about it. You didn't even disagree, all you said was "I could see it" when related to his claim, and that you didn't want to discuss flavor.

And then this line sumamrizes Kary's entire defense. There isn't one. It's nothing but insults and things he makes up, with some eye rolls thrown in. Anything to try and shut down the discussion, nothing to try and prove himself. It's garbage.
But we couldn't know post humously he made it up. This is non telling

Maven89

Smash Master
because I'm busy replying to adum?
Again, what defense is that? If I look through your posting history will I find that you've never responded to two things at the same time? Did his questions drain you so much that you were incapable of posting these in that hour lull you commented on right afterwards?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I beg your pardon?
Now you're saying that Kantrip switched onto voting you, because he's scum with me, and I wanted to get rid of you because you're a threat to me? You're grasping at straws.

If I was scum and really needed rid of you, I would have just shot you last Night. If you and Gheb are both town, I would have no reason to give up the surefire Gheb lynch just to try and get rid of you.

You are literally saying that I do not view you as a serious threat, but I would make the effort to try and swing the lynch onto you.

I can say it again:

[/quote]

Because doctors aren't a thing.

How many posts have you made talking about how I'm such an annoyance?

And don't cite the soup kill, he was viewed as quite suspicious, scum likely thought they could take a chance on him after bardull flipped and it was the opposite of his assertion.

If you were scum and I got lynched there would be no suspicion on you, you arrogantly chose to take a risk and it didn't pan out.

FullMetalLynch

Do literally anything else because way Jing you both is just causing me to want to slimy wrists. Your not achieving anything with what your doing beyond piling onto Kary by Geer leading adumv

Top Bottom