• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not interested in debating Kantrip's claim on flavour grounds in his absence.

I'm just saying, US president, bulletproof, I can see it happening.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not interested in debating Kantrip's claim on flavour grounds in his absence.

I'm just saying, US president, bulletproof, I can see it happening.
You're not interested in debating it because I annoy you.

But if you look at the actual shows that include him....

How precisely do you justify BP on those grounds?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Except we're not talking about Obama specifically in filmcow, what exactly in filmcow justifies BP?

You were the one pushing for flavor claims before to check consistency, why are you suddenly unwilling to consider flavor consistency now?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
because I've established that they're not inconsistent, and that's all I ever want from a flavor claim.
So for example if the segment was about him being riddled with bullets, you'd still be ok with a BP claim?

Why does president Obama being BP work in the context of a segment about him being manipulated on the basis of his terrible terrible secrets?

Kantrip

Kantplay
my flavour mentions my obsession with pokemon cards, mr mime in particular and that i have a great butt. ability is called obamacare phase 2

And I didn't touch info from flavor for my read
10keks

also not sure why adum is sucking ghebs **** with regards to his thread presence and ability to avoid lynches. we must be thinking of different ghebs

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I see it as largely irrelevant. It's not that I think "contradiction!" when he claims to be Barak Obama, Town BP.

But I really don't give a **** about it either wa. **** claims.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
my flavour mentions my obsession with pokemon cards, mr mime in particular and that i have a great butt. ability is called obamacare phase 2
Obamacare phase 2 makes obama bulletproof? Extending obamacare to babies (which apparently ruined everything in phase 1) makes sense as a bulletproof, certainly!

10keks

also not sure why adum is sucking ghebs **** with regards to his thread presence and ability to avoid lynches. we must be thinking of different ghebs
You accused me of trying to stretch the value of flavor info in order to cover for my mistake when I haven't mentioned it until now and only Zalak had.

Kantrip

Kantplay
take it up with jdietz postgame if you think he didnt do the source material justice. not sure how any of the other flavours we have had flip or claimed so far are any better

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
We're playing FILMCOW mafia, not real world mafia.

The power kantrip claims has no basis in the filmcow version of Obama and the name for the power particularly makes no sense with what it does.

Kantrip's claim is inconsistent, he's scum.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
take it up with jdietz postgame if you think he didnt do the source material justice. not sure how any of the other flavours we have had flip or claimed so far are any better
Which is more likely, Jdietz was a big enough fan of filmcow to make a mafia game about it, yet somehow decided to make obama do the opposite of what he does?

Or

You're fakeclaiming scum who didn't review the flavor before making your claim?

Kantrip

Kantplay
the only filmcow things ive even watched are the clip in my role PM and the charlie the unicorn series so idk, but im not sure how all the one-shot vig claims are justifiable, or how an apathetic wizard is a neighbour, but w/e

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
the only filmcow things ive even watched are the clip in my role PM and the charlie the unicorn series so idk, but im not sure how all the one-shot vig claims are justifiable, or how an apathetic wizard is a neighbour, but w/e
Maybe watching the sketch would clear that up?

For example:

Detective heart of america, conveniently fits with paranoid cop based on love of america, vig, and popgun vig. The claim is consistent with the flavor, yours isn't.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Why did i just read through all this **** at 530 am on 4 hours kf sleep. This game is on meth i swear. I might be awake around deadline. I'm either going back to sleep or playing oppw3. Id rather lyncher kantrip than adum because all this flavor shenanigans reminds me of him in dn maf and i actually feel like he's not really scummy

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Id rather lyncher kantrip than adum because all this flavor shenanigans reminds me of him in dn maf and i actually feel like he's not really scummy
You've lost me here. If you actually feel like "he's not really scummy" why'd you prefer to lynch him?

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So for example if the segment was about him being riddled with bullets, you'd still be ok with a BP claim?

Why does president Obama being BP work in the context of a segment about him being manipulated on the basis of his terrible terrible secrets?
As it stands his claim is not inconsistent

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And here I give video evidence of why it is, especially pointing out that the name of the claimed power doesn't fit and you still insist that.

Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to get rid of me.
Kantrip's claim being slightly suspicious is not a reason to suddenly lynch him over you. You're just throwing **** at my slot for no reason.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch
3. Zalak
4. Gorf
5. Adumbrodeus [4] - Kantrip, Zalak, Giraffelasergun, Kary
6. Kary
7. Detective Sherlock Hound
8. Jexs
9. Giraffelasergun
10. Gheb [2] - Sherlock, Jexs
11. Kantrip [4] - Gheb, Maven, Adumbrodeus, FML

Not Voting: Gorf

Deadline is Midnight CST Saturday the 30th!

(That's in 4 and a half hours FYI)

Maven89

Smash Master
Urghghg, there's problems with all of these lynches and the only way I get comfortable is to just not think about a certain aspect of them. The roleclaims ruined this day.

Only reason Kantrip wouldn't lynch Gheb is if they're partners. I don't see that at all, they've been going at each other almost the entire game. I didn't want to think about it, I think everyone here can agree this is day has been incredibly frustrating as it is.

There's two options, Kantrip or Adum. I scum read both on Day 1. Kantrip might have been doing a clever gambit, hoping that him not voting Gheb would mean he's not lynched, but he could have just guaranteed he wasn't lynched by voting Gheb. Maybe he thought that would set him up for the next day, assuming Gheb town flip?

Adum is a choice I'm surprised was pushed up so fast, I didn't think many people were scum reading him before, and I thought Kary's arguments with him were a point against Kary. Someone needs to explain this because I'm still surprised how it showed up. Plus, Zalak is on the bandwagon, and I find that odd. Someone explain this lynch to me.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Adum is a choice I'm surprised was pushed up so fast, I didn't think many people were scum reading him before, and I thought Kary's arguments with him were a point against Kary. Someone needs to explain this because I'm still surprised how it showed up. Plus, Zalak is on the bandwagon, and I find that odd. Someone explain this lynch to me.
MANN, I STARTED the wagon against Adum. I'm voting for him because I think he'll flip mafia. His posts have rubbed me the wrong way since his early town-read on me. His BarD push also concerned me. Like I said earlier, by lynching BarD, we learned nothing but BarD's role, and Adum was the one who started that. Overall he's just seemed... sneakily anti-town? I don't have a very elaborate explanation.

:072::071::069::070::073:

I have a hunch that he's bad, but I'm willing to change my vote.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well if I am to be lynched then I should give what I can before I die. Yes I am quite aware that this hasn't happened yet but from considerable experience I have the thread control of a particularly nice looking rubber ducky. There seems to be little point in playing outside of a hydra.

Kary's play is immensely suspect because she did not categorize me in terms of potential scum, she categorized me as a irritant. There was never any real interest in scumhunting in her play and that she egged it on without committing until it was strong enough to succeed as a means to remove me because I opposed her not because she ever accepted the idea my slot was scummy.

Kantrip's odd connection to the gheb slot make him immensely suspicious, his treatment has been immensely odd. There is a possibility of gheb-town and kantrip scum. I have seen chainsawing for a doomed slot before and kantrip could've seen that, but if kantrip's scum, gheb is likely scum. If gheb's scum, kantrip is definitely scum. Also kantrip's flavor claim is obviously making a square peg fit a round hole. He likely didn't see the short before making it then was stuck with using random elements to justify it when called out.

Gheb's notable attributes are primarily his avoidance of stances beyond kantrip, his lack of engagement to the game as a whole, and his odd connection to kantrip. But he has also purposefully tried to squash discussion when he could.

FML's claim was idiotic but it was definately a protown gambit in an attempt to deal with an extremely scummy slot. He's town.

JeX's eventual neighbor claim makes his rolefishing make total sense, I am back to square one on the slot.

Giraffelasergun just got into the game but his play seems townie enough to me so far.

Gorf's slot, well not much to say that hasn't been said before.

Zalak is as earnestly noobtown as it comes. Especially if you compare to his past games where as scum he had a particularly uncomfortable RVS.

DSH if for now other reason then his counterclaim is immensely townie.

Beyond that, I have no outside information of note. I have been unable to use my night action due to failing a post restriction yesterday. It required my second post to be after everyone had made at least one post. My extended absence during the early day was for a combination of legitimate reasons and the fact that I wished to delay my second post until Jay came back.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I really want to take Adum out, but if there's no lynch in like 20 minutes, I'll vote Kantrip.

Top Bottom