• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 2 (all 3 games!)- BC, Canada - Jan. 3/4, 2009

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
nah, better idea, get the other people to change theirs to Monday/Tuesday cause they jerks. Imma coming 2-5th and want lots of people to smash on the not-tourney days too. kthx

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll be there for some random character battles :)

If people do leave for the other tournament:

Bad news: All the good people are gone.
Good news: All the good people are gone.

Yes that was a joke, and I would prefer to be destroyed in brawl by clouderz than to win the brawl singles with no competition.

Clouderz

Smash Ace

Yes that was a joke, and I would prefer to be destroyed in brawl by clouderz than to win the brawl singles with no competition.

dawwhhh, *blushes*

lawl, theirs other good ppl besides me

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
well Imma be in Van from late Jan 1st to late Jan 5th either way so if there's a tourney or no, I wanna smash some faces. If there's a tourney, I'm bringing Okanagan with me, no tourney, I'm going solo and want to lurn to plae

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
dawwhhh, *blushes*

lawl, theirs other good ppl besides me
I know. I was just overexaggerating my point. I'd rather have lots of good people that would destroy me in a tournament than have only a handful that can.

As for dates, UVic classes begin on the Monday, so most people from Victoria (and others who have school) will not be able to go to the tournament if you change it to the Monday or Tuesday. If you do want to change the date, move it back (New Years Eve / New Years Day tournament? :p)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I know. I was just overexaggerating my point. I'd rather have lots of good people that would destroy me in a tournament than have only a handful that can.

As for dates, UVic classes begin on the Monday, so most people from Victoria (and others who have school) will not be able to go to the tournament if you change it to the Monday or Tuesday. If you do want to change the date, move it back (New Years Eve / New Years Day tournament? :p)
no, thats when I get totally hammered and stuffs

Metà

Smash Master
Jan 3/4 is the latest I can host this. I *might* be able to host the weekend before, but that's a maybe. I'll see what I can do. Updates on Thursday.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You make sexual innuendo towards my mother, MM nao.
5-20, best of whatever, advanced slobs or u can chose to MM my Fox, Falcon, and/or ganon.

You don't know what you're talking about. All the good people are coming to this tournament.

our tournaments been up for like 6 months. >_<
this has been up longer, no johns, come.

Jan 3/4 is the latest I can host this. I *might* be able to host the weekend before, but that's a maybe. I'll see what I can do. Updates on Thursday.
Everyone will be away durring that time evan. Don't budge unless it starts to look really bad.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Jan 3/4 is top tier

no changes

no johns all who want to go to other tourney, this one is way better

plus I'll be there and that's just too good to pass up

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Jan 3/4 is top tier

no changes

no johns all who want to go to other tourney, this one is way better

plus I'll be there and that's just too good to pass up
IE smash has 100+ people going + more money involved, so yeah ill probably go to that

and + thats a 1 day event, this is a 2 ;(

Eggz

Smash Hero
=_________= gay.
WA is having a national scale tournament on that day, so I can't leave, even if it is all brawl with melee only as a side tournament. Owell, I'll see you guys next time I guess.

Metà

Smash Master
Hell, I'd money match Mew2King if he came as well. Not for $50, but maybe like $10 or something. It would be more like a travel donation though, cause I probably won't even take off 1 stock, LOL

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm half tempted to go down to the Washington tournament myself, since there will be Melee. Brawl is so gay though, and BC has Daltsy. If this date changes, I'm going to ie smash, so you know. Won't be able to book time off for this one.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Imma win this btw. Whether Clouderz, M2K, Eggz, Blunted_Object, Mango, Ally...heck, even if Mario himself shows up and plays as Fox in melee, Pikachu in 64 and Metaknight in Brawl all frame perfectly, I'll still win.

Metà

Smash Master
Minor update, Sunday will likely only go until 6 pm. Don't worry though, I'll try to keep it open really late on Saturday, and have a smashfest on Friday for people staying overnight.

Also, what Brawl rules are we using in BC now? We have two sets to choose from, the SBR's and UmbreonMow's. Personally I prefer Mow's, but I don't know if everyone will go for that. Also, what side events are people interested in? Would people enter a random Brawl/Melee thing? How about FFA? We're going to have lots of time on Saturday, and I'm aiming for around 10 or more TV's (may need to rent some).

Eggz

Smash Hero
my stage list we commonly use as law said:
We don't really have a set in stone rule list, though the Eastern Washington list is almost perfect. I disagree on a few parts though. Here is my list, with points made on parts that might be controversial.

Neutral Stages:---

Final Destination

Battlefield

Yoshi Island

Smashville

Counterpicks:---

Lylat Cruise - The tilting and edges can really mess a negro up pretty hard. Several of my characters are ***** too hard by this stage, I'd hate to get it on random.

Delfino Plaza - There are no permanent walls, walk off edges, or unbearable stage hazards. If you are afraid of getting wall infinited or chainthrown off a walk off edge, don't approach your opponent when they are down there, simple as that.

Castle Siege - There are no permanent walls, walk off edges, or unbearable stage hazards. If you are afraid of getting wall infinited or chainthrown off a walk off edge, don't approach your opponent when they are down there, simple as that.

Pictochat - The hazards here are minor, being both avoidable and mild even if you get hit by it. Except the spikes. Those are gay.

Hanenbow - There is NOTHING bannable about this stage. Its so plain its almost neutral.

Norfair - Its just a bigger brinstar

Jungle Japes - It was allowed in melee, except now it is more balanced, with the water not instantly ****** you.

Rainbow Cruise - It was allowed in melee. Nothing new except easy wall infinites. Just avoid the wall.

Green Greens - It was allowed in melee, except now its balanced further by reducing the effectiveness of the bombs.

Brinstar - It was allowed in melee, and hasn't changed like at all.

Pokemon Stadium 1 - The edge and windmill are really gay, but they don't pose ridiculous threats or anything.

Stage bans:---

Luigi's Mansion - Ceilings.

Mushroomy Kingdom

Mario Circuit

Rumble Falls

Elden Bridge

Pokemon Stadium 2

Sky Pillar

Port Town

Warioware

New Pork City

The Summit

Skyworld

75m

Mario Bros.

Flatzone

Shadow Moses Island

Green Hill Zone

Hyrule Temple

Yoshi's Island

Onett

Corneria - Permanent walls

Distant Planet - One hit KOs, regardless of how avoidable they are, warrant a stage ban.
mumra butt

hannenbow is banned actually

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I like Washington's, but I find Green Greens should be banned. Larger characters = quicker deaths, and the bombs and apples are still overpowered. Halberd's not listed on Washington's, but I'm guessing that it's counterpick.

I'll be entering Brawl random, Brawl CF, Melee Low tier, SSB FFA, and crews of any of the games if someone lets me join their crew.

Top Bottom