• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 2 (all 3 games!)- BC, Canada - Jan. 3/4, 2009

Metà

Smash Master
Ooooo! I might hit up that Melee on Sunday. MMs? Teamsies?
Whoawhoawhoaaa, Rohins is playing Melee again? Who knew?

oh btw apparently theres more snow than ever in bc so i can't make it with my car

sorry
The snow has cleared up a lot in the last few days. It hasn't snowed in like, 3 days, which is pretty good.

Also, I want to see you Bowser ditto Rusty. >_>

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Evan, can you print out some copies of the stage list for the tourney please? People never know what's banned and what's not.

Metà

Smash Master
Evan, can you print out some copies of the stage list for the tourney please? People never know what's banned and what's not.
I was actually planning to do that this time. I'll have a few copies printed out and posted on the wall.

Also, does everyone agree with what the stages are now? Is it okay if I ban Green Greens in both games?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I was actually planning to do that this time. I'll have a few copies printed out and posted on the wall.

Also, does everyone agree with what the stages are now? Is it okay if I ban Green Greens in both games?
Overpowered bombing KO's especially for those that use projectiles~?

... Nah, kthx. I ain't picky. There's a lot of other stages to pick from in the end for viable CP purposes.

That being said, I agree.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
get ***** evan, greengreens should only be banned in barlw since there's some weird *** glitch that makes explosions and stuff...there's nothing wrong with greengreens in melee

Metà

Smash Master
get ***** evan, greengreens should only be banned in barlw since there's some weird *** glitch that makes explosions and stuff...there's nothing wrong with greengreens in melee
1. laser camping
2. random block/bomb crap that no one should ever have to deal with in a tournament
3. the death zones are about 6 mm from the ledge
4. semi-permanent walls
5. f*ck you

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
1. laser camping
2. random block/bomb crap that no one should ever have to deal with in a tournament
3. the death zones are about 6 mm from the ledge
4. semi-permanent walls
5. f*ck you

Evan, seriously. We've ALWAYS allowed green greens for counterpick in all of our local tournaments. I'm not 100% sure but MLG might have allowed it too. Either way, don't **** with that **** please :(

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Green Greens is legit in my opinion

1. Laser camping cant be done on that small a map
2. The block stuff is the only real reason you would ban it, but it's not as random as other maps. It's similar to an arwing; you just have to know it's there and not be super reckless. The knockback on it is marginal too unlike klaptrap and other random **** on worse maps
3. not a reason to ban
4. pokemon stadium
5. not a reason to ban

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I'm a coming. Last time I played smash against a person was last winter...should be interesting.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
o, btw, i really wanna learn melee so i can play with you guys, you think any of you can teach a stupid little brawl player? =(
im thinking of maining falcon, adam teach me skillz pl0x

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
o, btw, i really wanna learn melee so i can play with you guys, you think any of you can teach a stupid little brawl player? =(
should be coming around here more then, then just tournies, im already a failure at Melee...... oh wait i can beat Frenchtoast with 2-3 stocks left.

Metà

Smash Master
Whereabouts do you live? If you're in Coquitlam, you can play at our (small) smashfests we do every once in a while at my house.

We pretty much only play Melee though, so if you want to play Brawl here, it's not worth your time. >_>

Metà

Smash Master
Please read this

For everyone planning on coming, if you are 100% sure you will make it, let me know what events you are going to participate in, so I can save some time. Sort of like a pre-registration, except you don't get a discount or anything.

Tell me what events you would like to enter, what name you'd like to use, and your first name + last initial.

Also, I'm thinking of making it so you have to register your in-game tags for Melee and Brawl when you enter, so you're only allowed to use that tag or no tag at all. Good idea, bad idea? Mainly it just eliminates confusion with the video recordings, because we're going to have at least 3 (possibly 4) recording devices at the event, and will be putting matches on Youtube.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
uhh right here?

Melee singles/doubles
barlw singles/doubles
falcon only/lowtier
pretty much every event actually

That tag? uhh...In melee it's probably going to be Ram or Zero, idunno depends
barlw it will be RMPGE

edit:also yay clouderz ^-^

Clouderz lives much closer to me that you guys

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Whereabouts do you live? If you're in Coquitlam, you can play at our (small) smashfests we do every once in a while at my house.

We pretty much only play Melee though, so if you want to play Brawl here, it's not worth your time. >_>
that sounds awesome, i live in port moody
melee-only smashfests would help me out a lot =D

Please read this

For everyone planning on coming, if you are 100% sure you will make it, let me know what events you are going to participate in, so I can save some time. Sort of like a pre-registration, except you don't get a discount or anything.

Tell me what events you would like to enter, what name you'd like to use, and your first name + last initial.

Also, I'm thinking of making it so you have to register your in-game tags for Melee and Brawl when you enter, so you're only allowed to use that tag or no tag at all. Good idea, bad idea? Mainly it just eliminates confusion with the video recordings, because we're going to have at least 3 (possibly 4) recording devices at the event, and will be putting matches on Youtube.
100% ill be entering
brawl singles - Cloud
brawl doubles - Cloud (idk team name, whatever tony decides)
64 singles

50% ill be entering
melee singles - Cloud

=D

oh wow this tourney is in 2 days...Awesome

Sion

Island of Horizon
I'll be joining all Melee events 100%. Tag - japanese characters that i will copy and paste: シオン not ツ , but シ.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
that sounds awesome, i live in port moody
melee-only smashfests would help me out a lot =D

100% ill be entering
brawl singles - Cloud
brawl doubles - Cloud (idk team name, whatever tony decides)
64 singles

50% ill be entering
melee singles - Cloud

=D

oh wow this tourney is in 2 days...Awesome
melee tags only hold 4 characters lol

Metà

Smash Master
So, who's going to money match me? I'll do advanced slobs or individual match-ups, $5 each.

Here are the characters I'll do specific match-ups with:
-Jigglypuff
-Falco
-Sheik
-Fox
-Marth
-Falcon
-Ganondorf
-Mario
-Luigi
-Pikachu
-Ness
-Mewtwo

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles - Enkou
Melee Singles - Byuu

I need Brawl(My Falco partner going to WA tourney) and Melee doubles partner.(Will probably just do a pick me up at the tourney)

Clouderz 5$ MM both games best 3/5?

I need a team mate in barlw, anyone interested? I'm good at teams, and I play ROB only.
If you want i'll play Doubles with you in Brawl.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
MAD HYPE

plane leaves today with the Alberta white boyzzz

also WA if you don't pull it together and attend this tourney i will **** my pants and cry

and then win

you don't want either of those

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about WA anymore. :( I hope Nate drives if one or both of them don't wanna go..
Evan I'm entering all melee events :evil:

Also please make falcon tourney to be FD/Dreamland only, unless people disagree :/

SSBM my house later I have two setups and I can bring a certain amount of people, right now I have 4 confirmed.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
im confused

the first paragraph on front page says brawl will be on both days
but then on events section i see no brawl on sunday

o_O

Kronology

Smash Rookie
Hey peeps. Kronology here, internet friend of Dynamism?'s. Uhmm...I'm joining in tomorrow for brawl with a friend. I'll be there at noon or so, srry if I miss anything from 10am. Just register me, k? =) Can't make Sunday bcuz of family reunion thingy going on either, but yeah. Hopefully that's okay?

I'll be the new n00b player along with ma friend, getting ready to be beaten up. =P
Joining Brawl Singles (only Jan 3rd if it's a two day thing) and Brawl doubles w/ him.

Cya guyz tmrrw! Btw, can anyone give instructions to this ASB 9896 room this is in? First timer, as stated. I do not know anything about the Burnaby SFU campus, since I live in Langley. I have a map to get TO sfu, but not going around in the campus. Map or some directions or landmarks would be really appreciated.

...O yeah, my friend uses the wii/chuck combo. Hope that's not a problem o.O
Don't laugh at him too much, k? =)

Top Bottom