• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
what if the entire pot is, for example, $100? will the gift card still be like $5 or $10, or will it be equal to how much you were suppose to win? or will there be multiple gift cards given to the winner? And also, just wondering, what happens to the cash that we pay to get in?

Les Money

Smash Cadet
why get a gift card, when you can get a jack cash card? so then you wouldn't be hungry guy with no jack cash card :chuckle:

syra76

Smash Journeyman
The guy said noncash prize or no prize...so yeah. I dunno if we'll even get room, so we'll decide if the guy ever e-mails me the room #. If he doesn't give it by tomorrow 5:00 P.M. I'll have to cancel this and go another weekend tournamentless x______X;

...in which case we might need to do what falcomist did last week and have a smashfest in the arcade...?

Once again, so sorry guys...

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
so if we have smashfest in arcade wat does it mean? we play smash inside the arcade?? and where is the arcade located in sfsu, my friends alrways go arcade for marvel vs capsom2 but i have no idea where its located x_x

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
if its on a friday that means I'll have to bus it to. So yea get those schedules when you can. This means that chances are no tv, so put me down as no tv. I'll still bring a cube though.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
...if I get the room number by 5:00 PM it will still be on the schdeuled time: 10AM-10PM on Saturday, not Friday

syra76

Smash Journeyman
It's cancelled folks and I don't feel like waiting for 5:00 PM...he hasn't e-mailed me back yet and Rack N' Cue is closed all break so yeah. Sorry all, maybe next week. Try the Sac and SJSU biweekly :/

If he does e-mail me by tonight...I will post and hopefully people read quick enough, but don't count on it if you're planning to go to the Sac biweekly. Once again, sorry and can't wait to play you all! :(

Les Money

Smash Cadet
well then... there that goes

how would everybody feel if i started another tap ex tourney?!!? please reply. i wasn't gonna do another one cuz of the biweeklies that were suppose to happen at state so yeah.... please reply

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
how would everybody feel if i started another tap ex tourney?!!? please reply. i wasn't gonna do another one cuz of the biweeklies that were suppose to happen at state so yeah.... please reply
The Tap Ex tourny was ok, but it was kinda small and crowded. Also, 2 tv's arent enough.

Les Money

Smash Cadet
The Tap Ex tourny was ok, but it was kinda small and crowded. Also, 2 tv's arent enough.
true hahah i'm currently trying to find a way to put in four but im not thinking straight right now. we could put three but i still don't know if thats enough. i don't even know if four is enough. and yeah... i can't do anything about the crowded thing so like yeah

repuken

Smash Rookie
yea lestor u should throw another one, if was fun. hopefully this time ill leave early enuff to catch the bus and not wait for my mom.

secypotato

Smash Cadet
Alright, so if these are biweeklies now that means the next would be on the 2nd of December eh? Well, I can bring AT LEAST 2 tvs and 2 cubes. So lemme know if we're continuing this.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Finally got the room number! It turned out that Barry already had the room for last week but forgot to e-mail me :p See you all there FOR SURE this time :)

blakmage

Smash Apprentice
Yay! Really looking forward to this :grin:

I can bring a cube, but as for a TV/screen, I have a really small 7 inch LCD widescreen :laugh: You can barely tell what's going on with it though.

secypotato

Smash Cadet
So glad you asked! Well, I can't be there before 12 because of some 'previous engagements' and seeing as how I'm only interested in singles, I say start singles around one-ish or two-ish... Anytime after one really. These are for my own greedy needs. Besides, most tournys I've been to start and end teams before singles begin. So my two TVs wont be there till 1ish, hope that doesnt put a damper on your plans.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Joe Joe Joe you naughty greedy boy.

Anywho, I can't wait for this. If this works out well, then I'm definately a regular here, especially when I can easily drive there in 5-10min. :p I can also bring a cube along with the TV btw. See you all this Saturday.

samusu89

Smash Cadet
I can go to this on Sat. I have one question though, is this being held somewhere inside the SFSU? Also I can bring a cube if need be...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I posted on the first page: Burk Hall 236 from 10AM-10PM.

Samus: I think we need more TVs vs. Cubes :p

...What time does NCB start its singles & doubles? We can start it at those times :)

samusu89

Smash Cadet
alright room 236 then, srry but i can't bring any TV's, just Cubes:ohwell: Anyway looking forward to going!

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
k ill be there, and everyone need to bring own controller rirght ?? and do we still have to pay for the tourney? cause maybe ill pay but i dont think i can stay up to 10pm =O, so i might have to leave in middle of tourney x_x

Les Money

Smash Cadet
alright if doubles is gonna end at 3 then i can just go for that problem is.... i may need a partner

EDIT// nevermind about the partner thing

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll start the singles at 3 and the doubles at 11.

azn_danny: I dunno. I'll take the cash, calculate 1st and 2nd place. I can go to the mall that is walking distance from SFSU and make some giftcards there or just mail the giftcards. I'm really sorry guys...I would like cash just as much as any of you but Barry underlined the NO CASH prize policy :(

Aznshadow: BYOC. Pay if you want to enter the tournament or you can just do free play. I went to one NCB and the singles ended a while before the tourney ended...there were just a lot of friendlies that made everyone stay until 10+ :p

http://www.sfsu.edu/~sfsumap/ - go here for the map
Burk Hall is G6 and the main entrance is the HSS builiding (for those using BART + bus)
Burk Hall 236 is the place to be...see you all there!

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
k so, how much are entry fees for tourney, need to know to see how much money i bring, and ill try to get there in time =] if i get lost ill just go ask ppl around since im just a 14year kid >8(, is the HSS entrance like across from the muni M station?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
aznshadow: Muni M...? $7 singles, $10 doubles ($5/teammate)

...that's what they do for NCB...right?

Top Bottom