• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

quak

Smash Champion
HEY IS THERE GOING TO BE A ****IN TOURNEY THIS SAT?! I WOULD LIKE SOME CONFIRMATION!

cause, i might be going:p

seriously, its thursday, i need to know soon

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Sheee.... Cancelled because they are planning to change our Saturdays so we don't collide with NCB. So none this week, but expect balanced biweeklies. Too bad no smash this weekend.... unless.... smashfest?

quak

Smash Champion
wait wait wait, if they offset their tournament too, THEN BOTH TOURNEYS WILL BE RUN ON THE SAME SATURDAY AGAIN! WTF?

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Okay... so we need confirmation that NCB is going to change weekends, because if that is the case we're going to keep our current ones. Last time when we were supposed to have one nearly no one showed up and that's what lead to our decision. Do they have a thread?

quak

Smash Champion
There will not be a biweekly this weekend.

Biweekly CANCELED.

The biweekly has been moved to Saturday Oct. 27th.
but i prolly won't show up if you run it this saturday though, depends on some other ppl

are you going to host the day after tomarrow? i'd probably say you shouldn't, probably get a bad turnout again, but most definatly start alternating saturdays with ncb

quak

Smash Champion
i am, bring me birthday cash

and it's gonna be relatively small compared to the last one, just you guys, my guys, and a couple others maybe

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Stop confusing me guys. No smash this friday for neither SFSU or NCB right? I hope they don't offset it at the same time or it'll end up being the same thing.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
okay, well the one at SFSU is definately cancelled tomorrow. We're going to try to talk to the NCB guys to figure this out.

LGND

Smash Rookie
Hey can i go to next sfstate smash if its still up for oct 27
I havent been to one b 4 and dont know if i gta get permision or wut
I was thinking mebe i can get a couple rounds of freindlies and then just watch the tourney
I can bring a cube and a couple controllers but not a tv
since ill be taking a bus to get there. i can get to the rosaparks rooms at like 9:15- 9:20
because the busses dont run that much on saturdays.

Burr

Smash Apprentice
Hey can i go to next sfstate smash if its still up for oct 27
I havent been to one b 4 and dont know if i gta get permision or wut
I was thinking mebe i can get a couple rounds of freindlies and then just watch the tourney
I can bring a cube and a couple controllers but not a tv
since ill be taking a bus to get there. i can get to the rosaparks rooms at like 9:15- 9:20
because the busses dont run that much on saturdays.
you dont need permission to come to these tournys, they're open to anyone

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I just want to know what's up with the biweeklies now... So... what's up with Halloween smashfests? By the way, none of you would happen to play Tactics: WOTL on PSP would you? I'm bringing a PSP on Friday, so if anyone does and wants to do some co-op or pvp, I'm down. Word.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, I've been busy playing catch up in school. I had a major, 2 week flare up of an inherited disease: Familial Mediterranean Fever. I almost died at a constant fever of 107.6. Yeah.

Competitive Gamers Club (CGC) is taking over these tournies. I've tried my best continuing to host. To all those people *****ing: I've been a true smasher from the very beginning. I personally never took any money and paid $10.20 to come down and host. My only goal was to get better, offer this chance to others, and promote competitive smash. After being unsuccessful with the Gamer's Conclave, my friends and I (mainly Cris though) created CGC. Now we have the ability to get a room for any Saturday, but we still need to follow the school's rules. We can only have rooms until 4PM (in the Rosa Park rooms) this semester. Don't know why. Therefore, it'll most likely be singles and friendlies. Also, due to volunteering and overprotective parents, I won't be hosting anymore. Cris is a good person and a pc wiz. I'll be passing the tournies (and this board) over to him. The tourney schedule should be returning soon. Cris was saying something about SFSU and SJSU overlap.

If you guys want to see me or just play some smash, CGC has GUARNTEED smash + halo on Fridays from 3-9 in the Rosa Park rooms. A few of the SFSU regulars have been coming so you can ask them how it is.

Enjoy,
Syed

Burr

Smash Apprentice
me and some friends have been regularly attending these friday sessions and found them very fun, everyone should come to them. great way to get to know other smahers.

p.s. syra u were a great tourny host at the tournys i attended, you put a lot of work in gettin these biweeklies started so lets hope they continue.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
You sound as if this is a death note. Dude you were a very good host none the less. Btw I owe you a rematch. If I didn't pull out my control at the last life I would have won that Marth vs Peach match. I shall have my revenge Syra.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Yes Ruckus. Two TVs for smash, one for Halo 3. We could have two TVs for Halo (basically have an infiite stock of TVs) if someone brings their Xbox 360 + Halo 3.

No quak, but we have two players that are really good. Also, last Friday, we got three MLG pros from City College of San Francisco to come over and pwn it up. We usually set up a TV - 4 vs. 4.

Yes, yes. Rematch NOR4U (James?). When I saw you falling down, I was thinking 'WTF?'

jmic. come by! Maybe snugs and azndanny (and friend) will come again this Friday...

EDIT: This board will be transferred once I get Cris' smashboards username. He wants to update the big November tourney info. He finished getting the vendor info. Now that SSBB is delayed, more may show up.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Dude you got it right. Yeah man I pulled the blasted controller out with my foot on accident. It was lame when I realized I couldn't move. Rematch indeed.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Yes, yes. Rematch NOR4U (James?). When I saw you falling down, I was thinking 'WTF?'

jmic. come by! Maybe snugs(mastar) and azndanny (and friend) will come again this Friday...
(at nor4u comment) WOOOOOOT LOOOOOL DUDE THAT'S THE FIRST TIME YOU GOT IT RIGHT! I think this calls for celebration... lol... James must be proud.

lawl... (and friend) = Rice. AznShadow = AznDanny. Snugs = mastar. Name remembrance ftw.

So yeah, I'll probably help out a bit when I go to the tournies. Fridays rock. More sompetitive smash players should come! It's really fun, and all friendlies. People are nice there, so don't be shy... come to me. I think we should aim for... "Friendly Fridays, but Serious Saturdays." Pwnt.

Top Bottom