• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Southern Utah

SOAForever

Smash Cadet
Bet those costumes took quite a bit of work to make! Makes me wonder about some of the ones that you see from E3 snapshots. I bet some of the costumes that people wore took hours to make (if not days). and heck, if you're not up to making your own, you can always buy the costume (albeit mostly in parts) on Ebay. I wouldn't recommend it though...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bet those costumes took quite a bit of work to make! Makes me wonder about some of the ones that you see from E3 snapshots. I bet some of the costumes that people wore took hours to make (if not days). and heck, if you're not up to making your own, you can always buy the costume (albeit mostly in parts) on Ebay. I wouldn't recommend it though...
I started on those costumes in July, so yeah... they took some effort. I started with Zelda's armor and Buzz's shield, then I got the materials for the dress and tunic and slowly worked on those when I could. I made everything you see in the pictures except for the sword, wig, and pointy ears. :)

Next year I'm hoping to make Zelda's armor out of real bendable metal. I'm hoping.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You're going to be Zelda again next year? Ugh. I though I knew you better, Sugz.

how about you be Midna, and Buzz can be Wolf Link, and you can ride on his back everywhere.

SOAForever

Smash Cadet
That'd be a sight to see!:laugh: I can imagine it now. We'll have to see how the one Joe's doing turns out this weekend. Hey Joe, if you read this, you need to post the pics from MORP so everyone can see!

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Hey are we still on for smashin' tomorrow (Thursday)?
We're going to my place to record a quick commentary on our film-fest vid, then we're probably gonna head out to whoever's place we're smashing at. Let us know if we need to bring refreshments, controllers, or another gaming system to play on. You can text Spencer the info (because when it comes to remembering things, I get Dory-moments when I can't remember anything) on where to go if we're still good to go. From the looks of things there will be four at least coming to smash, and a possibility of two more coming (if Spencer's brothers come).
Edit: These Kudos are deeelishus! (wait... isn't kudos moneys?) NOOOOOOooooo!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hmm. We can do with you what we did with Taylor. Designate a time for us to meet you at Summit Fitness Center, then you can follow us to Devin's from there. Also, BYOC (Bring your own controllers). Devin's supply has been sucked dry from it's previous goodness.

I'm not entirely sure if Devin wants to, but it seems like a good idea for you guys to bring an extra Gamecube + Game, since Devin has two TV's. We can get twice the smashing done in half the time, or even-- dare I say it? Hold another SGU tournament?

Anyway, yeah, give us a time. We should be good after 3 or 4.

Aye! I can play around 2:30-4:45, sorry, this will be my last night class today. I'll assume Heafy has phone numbers, and that Crea will be driving down to play with us so I can finally give him that cd. Taylor, you in?

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Okay I can bring four controllers and a game, but I'm not sure about a system, 'cause my dad doesn't want me unhooking the Wii. We'll just see what happens, but I'll have Spencer call one of you once we're done recording the commentary.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Okay I can bring four controllers and a game, but I'm not sure about a system, 'cause my dad doesn't want me unhooking the Wii. We'll just see what happens, but I'll have Spencer call one of you once we're done recording the commentary.
I should be able to bring my Wii. So no worries.

I can bring le' cube [ism] so not to worry heath

And I'd be fine with whatever time works....how bout 3:30

And saddddd, no-one liked my special song, I was really looking forward to the feedback

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
I think I speak for most of us when I say, "What the freakin' crap?"

O_o

Next Thursday sounds fine.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow... Twilight Princess alternate ending, eh?

SOAForever

Smash Cadet
Joe talked to me earlier today about this. It seemed that something in the game would happen between Ilia and Link, only to leave people confused afterwards. Once you help her recover her memory, she's no longer part of the story! The beginning of the game gave people false assumptions... you start out the game trying to save her, but once she's rescued and has her memory back, nothing happens. Joe didn't like that fact and seems to have discovered this picture.

Joe, you'd probably be better at explaining this then me...

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
I was searching for how to make link costumes, seeing as I'm rushing to get mine nice and ready by tomorrow (although it's gonna look like crap -_- I only had a week to prepare and two days with the materials), and I saw this picture come up. I can say I do support the whole Ilia/Link thing... Although I'm perfectly okay with Zelda/Link as well, but now when you look at it, there are so many different pairs for Link it's not even funny @_@.
Malon, Zelda, Saria, Ilia, Midna, etc. Suffice to say, I was disappointed that Ilia just dropped out of the story after her memory was restored. I really wish they'd continued it from there.
Wow I must sound like a real fanboy or something... wishing for an after story that will never come. :dizzy: I'm gonna go to work before I start writing fan-fics :urg:

spasticbanana

Smash Rookie

Hello everybody, im the newbie around here. Just so you know I am spencer's little bother. The main characters i use in melee are falco and marth. I am avaible ever day except all Monday and all wensday. that is mainly because of family home evening and scouts. If there are any plans about going against each other in melee im in.

P.S. Make as many banana assasin joke about me i don't care.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
*GASP* It's... - Done! My Link costume is finally finished! hooray! *Collapses on ground*
*Fairy circles up from body*
Duh... what?
Oh right! I'll post pics as soon as I can! It turned out a bit better than I was thinking it would be, but oh well! Can't wait to see Zelda's costume! :p

Pics now!

Oh, and whassup spencer's little brother. It'll be nice to meet you for two months! Whats he talking about you ask? Thats part of the mystery of being a hotgreasedupjigglypuff 4 luvin'. OoOoOoOoooo!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dream about the orbit chick. Good day!

Oh, umm.. smash related... uhhh.... I play as everyone. The gay-man watcher is a little bit of a crappy fave right now, can't wait to introduce him to you'z guys.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
*GASP* It's... - Done! My Link costume is finally finished! hooray! *Collapses on ground*
*Fairy circles up from body*
Duh... what?
Oh right! I'll post pics as soon as I can! It turned out a bit better than I was thinking it would be, but oh well! Can't wait to see Zelda's costume! :p
Ok.... show us show us!!! :D

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any really good pics at the moment, but I do have a tiny cell phone pic I can upload!

Zelda's hogging up the screen space, but oh well. We had a great time, and I think I'm going to go to Gamecrazy dressed as Link to celebrate me paying off the rest of my reservation for SSBB. Then maybe get a picture of me holding a Wii box in the air (da-na-na-naaaaaa! You got the Nintendo Wii! Sell it on eBay for large sums of rupees over its original price!):chuckle:

Top Bottom