• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Southern Utah

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
PerfectlyPaddledPompousPancakesPatheticallyPruned

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Gyaha! I knew it! I was talking to a bunch of people trying figure out who was in on SSU, and my best bet was Alvey's. Guess I was right! Anyways, I'm off to work so if any of you want to kill me for not being able to do any smashing soon I'll be there. I'm more vulnerable now that my bananas have been decimated by bananassassins!
Note: I'm not that vulnerable;
I've got a bag of popcorn and I know how to use it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We're coming for you... just thought I'd let you know, even though you're at work right now.

You should hook us up with free popcorn deliciousness.

Oh-ho-ho. Your a smart one Jovey, very smart....

...but the real question is WHICH of the following classmates was the one which learned of your SSU affiliation?
Is itttttt
Bachelor #1: One of the fellow youngsters looking blankly at you as you spoke of your secret passion for smash
Bachelor #2: A Female :O :O?!?!

or is it...
Bachelor #3: A remarkably suave, and slightly insolent, incredibly gifted Flash animator and arist (hah), known for his taste in music, his attendance problems, and his famous stand-downs to the dreaded Mr. Alvey.

Choose your destiny Jovey, and face your fate!

Note: If you actually read that massive chunk of spam, and still posses an IQ higher than that of primates, then I applaud you.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
DEVIN, TEYLEH. LET'S MAKE OUR SCHEDULE FOR SLC.

Alright, so:

Friday, December 14th:

We need to establish a time that we'd LIKE to leave. We never actually leave when we want to, but it'd be good to think of a time to go, right? I think we shouldn't go TOO early, but early enough that once we get there, we can do things. Let's say:

12:00 - Depart for SLC.
4:ish - Arrive in SLC, drive to ... GATEWAY.

I love the Gateway. ^___^

There we can tickle our fancies with whatever tickles us, buy Christmas presents, buy things that'll further our sexy appearance at the next day's smash tournament, etc.

That can take up a good 2 hours?

Then Dinner, then we can maybe go to Junpei's just for some quality Hangout time.

OR we can go to our Hotel room (Devin, we need to get calling).

THIS IS SO SPAMMY SO FAR!

Anyway, the next day.

Saturday, December 15th:

Not sure what time we want to wake up, but we want to get to FTS's quickly for friendlies and whatnot. I don't know what time our friends' fabulous party is, either, so we'll need to talk to them about that.

Anyway, after the tournament, Dinner, then hotel. Those things are draining, you know?

Sunday, Decembe 16th:

Wake up, go home? Whatever we feel like, we can do. Visit Natalya or April perhaps? I don't know.

Devin, Taylor, throw me some ideas. We need to make the other friends post here also.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Oh-ho-ho. Your a smart one Jovey, very smart....

...but the real question is WHICH of the following classmates was the one which learned of your SSU affiliation?
Is itttttt
Bachelor #1: One of the fellow youngsters looking blankly at you as you spoke of your secret passion for smash
Bachelor #2: A Female :O :O?!?!

or is it...
Bachelor #3: A remarkably suave, and slightly insolent, incredibly gifted Flash animator and arist (hah), known for his taste in music, his attendance problems, and his famous stand-downs to the dreaded Mr. Alvey.

Choose your destiny Jovey, and face your fate!

Note: If you actually read that massive chunk of spam, and still posses an IQ higher than that of primates, then I applaud you.
Hmmm obviously it isn't bachelor #2 seeing as it would have said Bachelorette.
I think I'm going to go with uhhhh Bachelor #1. Weren't you in chess club last year?

WRONG!!!!

I was in the chess club two years ago, but not last year, so we have elimanted bachelor #1, you obviously doubt my femaleness so that leaves only bachelor #3. Alvey kicked me out of class on the day that you were talking about SSU

Oh and heaf, devin...I don't work friday and I think I have sat night off soooo we should definitley do something, I haven't played smash for so long I might have forgotten how to play

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
WRONG!!!!

I was in the chess club two years ago, but not last year, so we have elimanted bachelor #1, you obviously doubt my femaleness so that leaves only bachelor #3. Alvey kicked me out of class on the day that you were talking about SSU

Oh and heaf, devin...I don't work friday and I think I have sat night off soooo we should definitley do something, I haven't played smash for so long I might have forgotten how to play
That's weird... your picture was in last year's yearbook on the chess club page.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Tell me, kids. Is my new signature sexy enough? I unintentionally made it look sort of arwing shaped.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if you changed the font to be a little larger or something, other than that I think it rocks!
:bigthumbu

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I won't be able to do anything on Friday unless you guys come earlier...

Xsyven, you should make your signature shaped like a banana.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hahahaha. Devin learned today that I have the gayest Fox in Utah. Smashfest results:

1 - Xsyven
2 - Hott
3 - Furious
4 - Jared
5 - Guy
5 - Jeff

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't stand it any longer. How am I supposed to pronounce "Xsyven"?! Every time I see it, I think in my head "Ecks Ivv In" or some variant, but it never sounds quite right.

I must know.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's like the name Ivan with a Z in front of it. Zigh-ven, if you will.

Don't worry, AltF4. You're the third person this week to ask. :p

SOAForever

Smash Cadet

Say hello to the newest member of the SSU group! My name is Spencer, and I'm Jovey4's friend from high school. For anyone who'd be interested to meet me in person, I work at the DI in St. George out where people come and drop stuff off, but I'm only there after 4:30 on school days. Anyways, I use Marth the most, but once Brawl comes out I'll probably go with either Pit or Sonic. I'm about a 6 out of 10 like Jovey4, but that's just a guess. Still, we'll have to see how well I hold up against you guys.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, Spencer! Nice to see some more posters! Maybe you can actually smash with us, unlike your good friend, "Mr. I have work and mutual." (Jovey. :p)

We play it pretty much every other night throughout the week. If you want to play anytime, just let us know!

Woot, everyone, I think our numbers just doubled. Welcome in SOA, glad to have you aboard the SSU. First a popcorn maker, and now we have our very own DI insider. I am loving these connections! If you can't tell, I've got a thing for Jigglypuffs. So majestic, I wish they were real just so I could... well, lets just say I have a pretty creative imagination. Tea time could be so... epic.

Anyhew, you guys hurry up and go on break. We need to plan something big. And I'm not talking main street first day big, because everyone hates that. College finals are done the 14th, which means Heaf and I are gonna be pretty bored for a while. Maybe smash could help?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Not to mention, Jenn and I are the only two members there. XD

Don't worry Sugar. You can moderate under my new regime, when I get back off the mish thang.

And FP, I take back what I said about Dragonite. That was just going way too far. Here's my frowny face of reconciliation: : (((((((((((((((((((((( [each chin represents a different level of penance]

Anyhew! Here is a list of the hotels we get discounts at. The sooner we start calling, probably the better. We do get discounts at more, so if you think you know of a cheaper hotel in SLC, you recommend it. That includes you, northerners! Any ideas would make my heart swell.

When calling, remember we've got 6:

Apt Code Hotel Name Address City State Phone Shuttle
1. RED LION DOWNTOWN 161 WEST 600 SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 521 7373 YES
2. COMFORT SUITES 171 NORTH 2100 WEST SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 715 8688 YES
3. CANDLEWOOD SUITES 2170 WEST NORTH TEMPLE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 359 7500 YES
4. HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS 200 NORTH 2100 WEST SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 741 1500 YES
5. QUALITY INN AIRPORT 1659 W. NORTH TEMPLE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 533 9000 YES
6. RADISSON 2177 WEST NORTH TEMPLE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 364 5800 YES
7. COMFORT INN AIRPORT 200 NORTH ADMIRAL BYRD ROAD SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 537 7444 YES
8. CRYSTAL INN 230 WEST 500 SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 328 4466 YES
9. HAMPTON INN 425 SOUTH 300 WEST SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 741 1110 NO
10. BEST WESTERN GARDEN INN 154 WEST 600 SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 325 5300 YES
11. PEERY HOTEL 110 WEST BROADWAY SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 521 4300 NO
12. COURTYARD DOWNTOWN 130 WEST 400 SOUTH STREET SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 531 6000 YES
13. RAMADA LIMITED 2455 SOUTH STATE STREET SALT LAKE UT 801 486 2400 YES
14. RAMADA AIRPORT HOTEL 5575 WEST AMELIA EARHART DRIVE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 537 7020 YES
15. BEST WESTERN COTTON TREE INN 1030 N 400 E NORTH SALT LAKE UT 801 292 7666 YES
16. HAMPTON INN SLC-NORTH 2393 SOUTH 800 WEST WOODS CROSS UT 801 296 1211 YES
17. BEST WESTERN PLAZA HOTEL 122 WEST SOUTH TEMPLE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 521 0130 YES
18. COURTYARD MARRIOTT 4843 WEST DOUGLAS CORRIGAN WAY SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 532 4085 YES
19. SLC CRYSTAL INN WEST VALLEY 2254 WEST CITY CENTER CT. WEST VALLEY CITY UT 801 736 2000 YES
20. SLC SHERATON CITY CENTRE 150 WEST 500 SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 401 2000 YES
21. SLC BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN 280 WEST 7200 SOUTH, MIDVALE MIDVALE UT 801 566 4141 NO
22. SLC COUNTRY INN & SUITES 999 NORTH 500 WEST BOUNTIFUL UT 801292 8100 NO
23. SLC BAYMONT INN & SUITES 2080 WEST NORTH TEMPLE SALT LAKE CITY UT 801 355 0088 YES

*I'm thinking something with a hot tub. That'll give us something to do friday night. And breakfast.

**Plus, what if 3 of us stayed at your sister's house Heath, but everyone agreed to cover the hotel. That'd cut our costs in half and make me one happy lil' college graduate. Anyone -- thoughts? opinions? And keep in mind, we do have room for two more yoz.

Top Bottom