• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Sets you want to see

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Wizzrobe.

That kid is incredible at all 3 smash games and this Brawl Mod.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see Wizzrobe vs anybody. I'm super curious to know how 2.6 Sonic is played at a high level. In 2.5 it was just spin spin spin. 2.6 Sonic is bound to be more interesting.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I wanna see Wizzrobe vs anybody. I'm super curious to know how 2.6 Sonic is played at a high level. In 2.5 it was just spin spin spin. 2.6 Sonic is bound to be more interesting.
sonic got destroyed so hard in 2.6 but wizzy will win no matter how many times they nerf sonic

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
It isnt exactly specific, which is what I'm sure this thread is about, but I just want to see a wide array of characters played. A Luigi vs. Ivysaur, a G&W vs. Lucario, a Meta Knight vs. Pit. I just want to see people branch out. We tend to see a rise in certain characters in PM (Bowser and Sonic) and the spacies, which is fine, but after watching countless hours of Melee tournaments and every Project M set ever recorded, watching those characters gets a tad dull, though Bowser and Sonic not nearly as much. After reading the character ranking list made back in March, [link: http://smashboards.com/threads/character-ranking-list-project-m-updated-4-4.334291/] there is still a heavy rise in the original top-tier Melee characters with Fox and Falco leading the charge, of course. I can understand "sticking to what you know", especially in a tournament setting, but in a game with a vast roster I expect more variety. Not to say watching players play these characters is boring by any means, its just simply so much more exciting to see sets "not of the norm."

Sadly, due to the fact that the level of experience players have with this game is limited due to time, combined with the large majority of top-top-tier players sticking to their guns (excluding Armada with Pit) we get a lot of "above-average" players using the rest of the roster. Nothing against the players (hell, I'm barely average myself anyway) but watching good rather than great players play characters we are unfamiliar with is also a little dull. There just arent many jaw-dropping, hand-raising moments in those kinds of sets. Every so often a set comes out between two skilled players using characters we may not know all too well, and it is just a blast to watch. One of the most entertaining things for me to experience is seeing something like an amazing combo happen and just sit there thinking "I didnt even know [character] could do that!" That is what I want and expect from Apex 2014.

We all know what is to come and we all have time to get down to the grit practicing our characters in preparation for the tournament, so there is no excuse to see sets purely consisting of Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Falcon, Bowser and Sonic. As much as I love melee, there is no reason to have a "melee PM" tournament. Those characters are there, worked on, tweaked, and balanced for a reason, use them.

Cheap Tip: Use a character not many folks know or play. Few actually know characters MUs at the moment, use that to your advantage and for my enjoyment. ; )

However it pans out, Apex 2014 is going to be so much fun to watch, that weekend is already reserved on my end!

strawhats

Smash Master
Anyone know if wizzrobe(sonic) vs Armada (pit) happened at all before or after EVO, like pbnj said?

Rat

Smash Lord
Professor Pro vs Sethlon
Oracle vs JCaesar
Kirk vs Strong Bad
Reflex vs Eli
Awestin vs Wizzrobe

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
If PMBR wins = No fair, you guys buffed your characters, etc. waa wahh waaah
If PMBR loses = You guys suck, you're not qualified to make design decisions, etc. waa wahh waaah

aka PMBR loses either way

BlinkIV

Avenger
I want to see:

Sethlon (Marth) vs Armada (Pit)
Oracle (Lucas) vs Calabrel (Lucas)
Dakpo (G&W) vs Eli (Donkey Kong)
SinisterB (Ness) vs Awestin (Ness)
Xeven (Pit) vs Mizuki (Pit)
Jolteon (Toon Link) vs Strong Bad (Donkey Kong)

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Strong Bad vs UK (Fuzzyness, Professor Pro, Jolteon & Alpha-Dash (maybe BlizzyWolf))

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I want a US vs the world crew battles, definitely; there's so many good non-US P:M players that it'd be fun as hell to watch. kage/leffen/prof sounds like a good start right off the bat for the world, and even nuttier if armada is coming around (likely not, but still)

Top Bottom