• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Set Ph1r3 To The Rain - Roy Matchup Discussion [Zelda, Mario, Sheik 7.26.15-8.6.15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I don't play Marth or Roy to any significant degree but I did notice that, even though Roy's F-smahs technically outranges Marth's, if Roy barely whiffs an F-Smash, then that's a free tipper F-Smash for Marth, which as we all know is a very bad place to be. The opposite isn't nearly as threatening.

All this talk about Marth vs. Roy, but what about Lucina vs. Roy? Lucina isn't as threatening at max range compared to Marth of course, but do all of her shared properties with Marth give her at least an even fight?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ZSS match up would be in her favour, pretty certain. By how much I'm not sure.
ZSS is one, if not Marth's hardest match up. Being outranged, out sped, out maneuvered AND having kill power/set ups very likely in her favour as well.

Dancing Blade is one of the best things Marth has to at least force respect from her in mid/footsie range. I'm assuming Roy's is still transcended priority but I feel like it's slightly weaker/less range overall?
Roy doesn't have much chance in the air, he can't short hop air dodge or mix up a jump just before landing as easily. Down tilt is pretty good for Roy here, could be wrong but seems to general be safe to use against her when the overarching problem of the match up is....

Everything can be shield grabbed. And Roy unfortunately is in a much worse disadvantaged state compared to Marth (imo) once she gets the grab. And he also seems to be just the right weight/fall speed where Back Throw to Flip Jump Kick is guaranteed as a kick or a frame trap to back air from short friendlies plus crushing every Roy on For Glory, haven't tested it proper. But yeah... get up aired by ZSS either close to the ground or so she has another jump and you're likely getting ****** on. Up Air into Back Air is easy to combo into or trap well into the late double digits.

Off stage Roy can't really attempt to fight her approaching the ledge/clutch out her tether, which is unfortunate.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I'd say that this MU is ±0 = even because they both have really good spacing tools, and hit really hard.

Before anyone says "BUT ROY CAN KILL ROSA REALLY EASILY BECAUSE SHE'S LIGHT" or "WE CAN KILL LUMA REALLY EASILY" this is true but so can 90% of the cast, but if this were the only determining factor that makes a MU bad then Rosalina wouldn't be a good character.

Going to try to stay as objective as I can and list a few pros and cons:
:rosalina:
Pros:
  • Luma, The Living blade
  • Long, disjointed aerials that last forever
  • Juggling Space Queen
  • Great edge guarding
Cons:
  • Tall as a skyscraper
  • Lighter than a feather
  • When she loses Luma she becomes Mewtwo but way prettier
  • Recovery has no hitbox

:4feroy:
Pros:
  • Cuts through people like a hot knife through butter
  • Kills you by touch
  • Really fast moves
  • HAS A FLIPPING FIRE SWORD
  • :4feroy:>:4marth:>:4myfriends:>:4lucina:
Cons:
  • Lacking recovery
If I missed anything please add on, have a good day/night!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Nah I'd say it's in Rosie's favor. She is highly capable of keeping Roy away and practically use Luma as a meatshield. If she plays defensively it's very tough for Roy to get in. Especially if she sees it coming.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Roy is gonna live and die by his nair usage here. Landing with anything else in neutral means he is a dead man.

I wanna give it to Rosaluma for now at least.

Last edited:

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
Getting in is Roy's main problem vs Rosa but he KOs her early at least. Rosa definitely wins but Roy is golden if he gets in with Luma gone. His recovery is also a problem if she intercepts it early enough. Probably +2 for Rosa imo.
Edit: My bad, fixed it.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
How well does Roy fare against Villager?
At least in theory he should have decent ways to get in because of his speed.

Last edited:

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
Hey, Peach main here popping by to give my own thoughts on the Roy matchup. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, as there may be a few things I am overlooking about Roy. Also, I am by no means a great Peach, I like to think I am good, but I'm not amazing.

I personally think this is slightly in Peach's favor. From what I have gathered from Roy's I've played against, it seems like he has a good punish game, being able to get a lot off of a grab. This is good for you guys, as damage means a lot for Peach, since she's so light it will mean you need less opportunities in order to take something. Another thing that can be a problem for me is the fact that your recovery has a disjointed hitbox. This means that I can't edgeguard against you by dropping turnips most of the time since you can just Ph1r3 through it.

However, I think our neutral game is equal if not slightly better than yours (I seem to be beating Roy's in the neutral, but this is very anecdotal since I have only played a couple of legitimately skilled Roy's). We have the turnip which can stop your approach. This can force Roy into a bad spot since we can dictate the tempo.

The things you want to look out for are the following. Our down tilt is a great combo starter, so do your best to not get hit by that. However it can be teched on hit, which means we don't get anything from it. Look out for the turnips, we'll often shield and then punish a wiffed attack by tossing it into a further punish. Always be mindful of that.

I know a few Peach's (myself included) that will float a lot in the neutral. This is super punishable. Because we can throw out aerials on the ground, some Peach's drift in and out of your range with the float. However it is beatable, because they still have the landing lag from it. So if a Peach tries to floating fair you for example. Shield it, but don't shield grab, as they'll be out of range. Just drop shield and dash grab (or your choice of punish). If the Peach is floating above you, make use of your uptilt.

Finally, do not sleep on the up-b! Our parasoll can kill stupidly early (especially on Duck hunt with the tree for example). So do not get hit by it. Also, the hitbox stays out while she is floating down. So it can still kill even if you just bounce of it. I know this is a silly point, but you don't know how much it works.

This is all I can think of right now, sorry that this is so long. I'm willing to answer any questions if there are any. :)

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
I found some footage of Roy vs Rosalina.
Even though roy wins in both videos, i still thinks it's because people are still kinda scared or don't know how to deal with Roy just yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3UUBMrs8lc
now for the first video, i think this Gnes's Roy is doing a great work keeping pressure, not leaving any room to breathe, but at the same time MPH's Rosalina is kinda scared to go off stage, or at least going deep always jumping in a really safe distance, clearly Roy has some problem being juggled easily a couple of times, cause of his fall speed perhaps? correct me if i'm wrong i had yet to found any good rosalina in 3ds for glory so i have never being juggled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tR-qy1Tf8
On the 2nd footage it made me realize that Rosalina making a mistake is greatly punished, specially for her light weight, being killed around 110% with a grounded up-B, which btw has super armor at the beginning of the move. Making it a great tool against Rosalina.

so here is my opinion thus far, Rosalina as we all know it's great for juggles and great edge guard game, the latter being a greater problem for our boy, but her light weight, and her end lag on some moves can be punished really hard by Roy getting early kills, specially by the already mentioned grounded up-B, you can bait Rosalina to make a unsafe move and roy will not even care because of his super armor....but if he misses the hit he can be juggled or gimped.

so for this match up i will say that roy has a small disadvantage or the match-up can be pretty much even for now i will leave a score of
-1 for the:4feroy: vs :rosalina: MU

Hope the footage is any help

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So I was considering dropping Shulk for Roy. I used Shulk for MUs that Mario couldn't get past like Rosaluma or just easily gimp other characters like Luigi. What can Roy give?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I still think it's a bit early for this sort of "lap" based discussion which closes off these early discussions once more important information is discovered. Even still:

I think that the ROSALINA matchups is actually a fairly interesting one for both players. Roy likes to keep people just outside his longer reaching normals like nair and jab since he can apply lots of safe pressure with these moves, but Rosalina is kind of weird because with Luma in the default front position it's awkward for Roy since the Luma keeps you from being able to pressure Rosalina in the same way (otherwise you'd be wide open to be hit by the Luma). I've found I get good mileage out of using fair's early IASA properties to sneak hits in on Luma and still stay safe. If the Rosalina does something unsafe you can usually jump in and use nair or somethign and convert into good damage and positioning. I dunno what to say other than what you might normally say to anyone going up against this matchup: play it safe, kill the Luma. Roy can gimp Rosalina's recovery as well as anyone too. I think this one is closer than people are saying it is but it's probably something like 45:55

For ZSS, I think this one can be kind of tough for Roy. A lot of the stuff that Roy relies on is beaten out in speed and range by Samus. On the plus side Roy can get some pretty great damage off of grabs on ZSS thanks to her fall Speed. The issues I have in this matchup is that ZSS can get Roy off of her when he tries to chase in the air with her nair, which beats his nair and fair, a really tough one to lose for sure. Her jab is also faster than Roy's though it doesn't convert into as good of damage or positioning as Roy. Still, having a faster jab (with useable range) lets her get out of a lot of situations that other characters struggle vs Roy in. I think that losing these two key elements of spacing on the ground and in the air are the major issues. Otherwise it's pretty fair, both can kill each other pretty well and have reliable ways to setup into kill moves. It's nowhere near very hard to win. It's perfectly doable.

I can't really comment on Peach because no one in my local area or that I know well really plays Peach in Smash 4 and my only experience with them is playing online. It feels like Peach struggles to land against Roy though.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
I can't really comment on Peach because no one in my local area or that I know well really plays Peach in Smash 4 and my only experience with them is playing online. It feels like Peach struggles to land against Roy though.
one of my friends mains Peach and i have quite a struggle, usually in one match i win the next ones he wins, etc..
Peach has a better neutral game then Roy's and has better approach options, and a well thrown turnip is death for Roy cause of his lack of vertical recovery

Paint

Smash Rookie
NNID
Paintah
With the Rosaluma match up I believe that our game plan is to rely on smart spacing and never giving up an opportunity to get luma off the stage. Dash Attack is a huge commitment and very punishable but if luma is open and close to edge you can take that opportunity. Ftilts are also a great way to get luma off. After luma is out we play our Nair trap game.
I would put this match up at 45-55

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
With rosalina both Dash Atack and Fsmash knock luma away wish if near ledge, either gives you an opening when your opponent tries to recall luma or 8 seconds without a luma to do as you wish.

TriTails

Smash Lord
"For those whom I must protect, I cannot lose!"

To every Sword of Seals swordies here, us Luigi boards are currently discussing Roy this week!

Drop on in and be careful not not set our mansion on fire if you have something to share!

Noe_TheSehxy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Noe_TheSehxy
3DS FC
1392-7204-8668
I main sheik so I think sheik can destroy Roy for three reasons

1. Not only can she easily keep up with Roy but her moves are way faster then Roy's leading into a lot difficulty.

2. Roy doesn't have a good recovery and a good sheik gets most ko's off of off-stage gimps(sheik is pretty much the best gimper in the game)

3. And the worst probably is needles. They are quick and Roy doesn't have a reply to them,making needle camping devastating
Shiek is a monstor in the meta right now, just above rosaluma in my opinion, and she is extremely fast and racks damage with her frame traps and fair based combos, i completely agree with u, Roy doesn't have a good match up with shiek, the only thing he has on shiek is his killing power.... But then again, that's most of the roster and shiek still dominates most of the cast. But still, I think that a good player dedicated to Roy, shout outs to Sethlon, can place top 8 EVO which can be surprising since there are so many shieks out there. What I am basically saying is that Roy doesn't get COMPLETELY destroyed by shiek, Roy defiantly has the combos and killing potential that Marth was cheated out of.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Well since we're on the subject of Shiek, I actually believe Roy is a great counter to Shiek. She wins the match-up obviously but Roy has a lot that Shiek has... Namely the ability to combo extremely well. Shiek is a fast faller so Roy's combo game is definitely complimented by that. The only difference is Roy actually has kill power so that makes him pretty dangerous to Shiek no matter how overpowered she is. Roy's also got good enough speed to keep up with her, enough skill to create great strings, and enough weight to take her strongest hits (which are weak in the first place). Roy's also got a great OoS move that should threaten Shiek should she use a slower move on him.

However, Roy's main problem in this match-up is the neutral itself, which is the reason why I say Roy is at disadvantage. The needles are what will hurt Roy most in the neutral not to mention all of shieks moves are virtually lagless. Also, Roy's moves aren't the most safest on shield, especially against Shiek. So Roy needs to be very cautious in the approach.

Like every other character against Shiek, you really have to rely on reads and adapt to the habits of the Shiek player. But I think Roy has a much easier time with pulling off punishes than most of the cast.

4.5 - 5.5 (Shiek)

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
If there's still time for Rosa discussion I'd like to chime in real quick. For Roy this match-up has to be played very patiently while Rosa has the Luma. As Roy it's very tempting to use your superior speed and frame data to try to overwhelm her with offence but this DOES NOT WORK. Rosaluma's defensive game is the best in the game, and she will punish you off of any misspaced move. She has no reason to approach you as being up close and personal is exactly what you want as a Roy player, so expect her to try to force an action out of you. As a result expect Rosa to play the match-up very slow. Play at her pace abusing spaced short hop fast fall NAir vs Luma either retreating or on the spot (never approaching or else she'll punish you for free). Unfortunately while Rosa has the Luma out DTilt is no longer an effective poking tool which is huge for Roy as it goes under the Luma and doesn't have enough reach to reach Rosalina at a safe distance (you have to get inside the Luma for it to hit her and from there she can punish you with Luma). Rosa's best bet in this match-up is to play reactive otherwise Roy punishes her super hard. Your job as Roy is to try to trigger some kind of reaction from her to make her do something unsafe. Baiting something like a dash attack from Rosa for instance is big as it's a free punish on block which allows you to instantly separate her from her Luma. Remember to never get too hasty though, as once misspaced move means a shield grab which means you're stuck in the air vs Rosalina who has probably the best juggling tool in the game in the form of UAir, and the tools to punish landings effectively too (frame 4, long range disjointed dash attack in particular comes to mind which then again forces you back into the air. Just try to mix up your landing options as best you can, making use of B-reverse Flare Blade for instance.

Once you get rid of Luma that match-up dynamic changes significantly. Spaced DTilt is now usable again, and spaced NAir is even more effective. Solo Rosa's mediocre frame data, floatiness and poor landing options make her super susceptible to Roy's extended punishes. You seldom have to worry about over committing to a punish vs solo Rosa because she has very little to answer with, allowing you to tack on a lot of damage during the Luma's down time. FThrow is amazing as it forces her into the air but still low enough to the ground where she can't really retaliate with anything barring maybe FAir which is super punishable on landing.

The other key thing about the matchup is that once Rosa is offstage she again can't really challenge you. She can try to throw out a UAir or something to get you away from the ledge but her Up B having no hitbox means that you can challenge it without any fear. If she goes for the ledge, drop down and FAir/BAir. If she goes onstage, easy FSmash/DSmash/Blazer punish on the landing. Rosa should always have a really hard time recovering vs Roy. If Roy is offstage of course you must be weary of her stupid DAir. Vary the timings of your double jumps and Blazers and you should be okay though.

I can't quite evaluate who's favour this match-up is in yet, but if the Roy plays on point Rosa should absolutely struggle. If he isn't however Rosa will just keep grabbing and relaunching him over and over again.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lionheart!? Oh wait, wrong sword from the wrong game. That's Final Fantasy VIII. Anyway, hello from the Falco boards. We've started our Roy matchup discussion and would like some input from the young lions. Drop by whenever since it's ongoing: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4...on-53-roy-through-the-fire-and-flames.411551/.

And if you want to learn about the MU by fighting Falco players or just want someone to fight, head over here: http://smashboards.com/threads/anyone-want-to-exchange-nnids-or-friend-codes.386513/.

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Can we move on to the next MU? Preferably the Shiek or any other high tier Character MU.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Let's start on 3 new MUs...

Zelda, Zelda 2.0, and Mario

I'll update some stuff in the OP

@Liberation
Could you put -1 for ZSS and Rosalina and put ?? for Peach because not Roys have Peach experience and I haven't played a competent Roy as Peach

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
:4sheik:(-1) for the reasons I said above. Both can combo each other very well but all of Shiek's moves are virtually lagless so it's tough to punish her for anything. That's not to say Roy can't though because he can. Hard reads are basically any character's way to beat Shiek anyway. I think Roy has an easier time doing so than most characters though.

:4mario:(+1) So Mario has two tools that will help in the fight: His fireballs and his U-tilt. In the beginning of the match, Mario will throw a couple fireballs at you, maybe tacking on damage or forcing you to shield. He'll try to go for a D-throw U-tilt in just about every match. Unfortunately, Roy's fast fall speed will make this very easy for Mario to go 0-50 on us... but that's where it ends. Mario will have a lot of trouble getting in on us and our pressure game beats his easily. We can combo extremely better than Mario at higher percents as well but that's not to say Mario can't combo Roy. U-Airs can be pretty annoying.
Blazer KO's at a very nice percent range as well so use that to your advantage should you find an opening. If he gets you off the stage expect to deal with F.L.O.O.D and his cape. Be careful because with Roy's mediocre recovery, this can lead to an easy stock if paying no attention. However, the same could be said to him. His recovery is fast and hard to hit but very linear. He has to be in a certain area below the ledge to make the recovery. A simple F-air or B-air could lead to an easy stock on him too. Be careful when trying for a gimp though since it can lead to your own stock for being so greedy.

TLDR: Mario can definitely hang in there from the 0-50% range but I feel he has a difficulty keeping up with Roy after that.

:4zelda: She's gonna make you approach so she can take advantage and get some damage on you. Be careful of Up-B too. If she's lucky enough to get you while you're not paying attention she can get a stock on you. She's going to try to play extremely defensively in this MU and rely on punishes and just simply bait you so if you know her moves and know what she's going to try to do then it should be a pretty easy fight.

Edit: See below for Zelda's options.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
:4sheik:(-1) for the reasons I said above. Both can combo each other very well but all of Shiek's moves are virtually lagless so it's tough to punish her for anything. That's not to say Roy can't though because he can. Hard reads are basically any character's way to beat Shiek anyway.

:4mario:(+1) So Mario has two tools that will help in the fight: His fireballs and his U-tilt. In the beginning of the match, Mario will throw a couple fireballs at you, maybe tacking on damage or forcing you to shield. He'll try to go for a D-throw U-tilt in just about every match. Unfortunately, Roy's fast fall speed will make this very easy for Mario to go 0-50 on us... but that's where it ends. Mario will have a lot of trouble getting in on us and our pressure game beats his easily. We can combo extremely better than Mario at higher percents as well but that's not to say Mario can't combo Roy. U-Airs can be pretty annoying.
Blazer KO's at a very nice percent range as well so use that to your advantage should you find an opening. If he gets you off the stage expect to deal with F.L.O.O.D and his cape. Be careful because with Roy's mediocre recovery, this can lead to an easy stock if paying no attention. However, the same could be said to him. His recovery is fast and hard to hit but very linear. He has to be in a certain area below the ledge to make the recovery. A simple F-air or B-air could lead to an easy stock on him too. Be careful when trying for a gimp though since it can lead to your own stock for being so greedy.

TLDR: Mario can definitely hang in there from the 0-50% range but I feel he has a difficulty keeping up with Roy after that.

:4zelda:(+2) The only thing Zelda really has against Roy is her Down-B and Side-B to keep him off of her but even then it's a stretch. If rushing in too much though, she can take advantage and get some damage on you. Be careful of Up-B too. If she's lucky enough to get you while you're not paying attention she can get a stock on you. She's going to try to play extremely defensively in this MU so if you know her moves and know what she's going to try to do then it should be a pretty easy fight. Just go in for a few grab combos, some quick F-airs (use those IASA frames!) and you should have no problem.

TLDR: Zelda simply lacks the necessary tools to deal with someone like Roy but if she plays smart she can find a chance.
The Zelda part is false, Zelda won't have to approach and most of Roy's moves aren't safe on shield so she can punish. She won't be shielding most the time either. She will pressure with jabs, dtilts, and nairs. To get damage she'll get grab/dtilt combos. Zelda will not use her side b it is literal trash. Getting roy offstage is an easy kill for us due to us having one of the best edgeguarding games. Dtilt hits below the stage and dair will spike his in an instant kill. She can kill with her elevator oos which can kill him at 70% and it's a great punish option. She only uses LKs for OOS punishes. She can bait him for a falling nair to an elevator or usmash. Due to his fast fall speed, she can combo him super easily.

This MU is probably a +0

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
The Zelda part is false, Zelda won't have to approach and most of Roy's moves aren't safe on shield so she can punish. She won't be shielding most the time either. She will pressure with jabs, dtilts, and nairs. To get damage she'll get grab/dtilt combos. Zelda will not use her side b it is literal trash. Getting roy offstage is an easy kill for us due to us having one of the best edgeguarding games. Dtilt hits below the stage and dair will spike his in an instant kill. She can kill with her elevator oos which can kill him at 70% and it's a great punish option. She only uses LKs for OOS punishes. She can bait him for a falling nair to an elevator or usmash. Due to his fast fall speed, she can combo him super easily.

This MU is probably a +0
Perhaps... Probably not enough Zelda experience on my part then.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
:4sheik:(-1)
Her lagless moves, the great asset of Sheik is keep pressure like crazy. Even though Sheik has that little problem to get to really high percents for the kill, her gimps are the way to go. Correct me if im wrong please, but it seams that the disjoint on Roy's blazer make him a lot harder for him to be gimped by sheik (or the Sheik's i fought didn't do it well). Roy should be more careful for possibles stage spike of her B-air rather than a gimp.
A more passive gameplay rather than an aggresive one has worked for me, hard read and baiting to connect a F-Tilt (or jab to F-tilt al lower %) which can kill Sheik pretty early, don't abuse of Roy's N-air his ending lag is the perfect moment for sheik to get in and combo, play it simple and safe, like i said this worked for me thus far.

Edit: Also the needles, Roy must always maintain a distance in which the needles aren't a problem so he can dash in

Last edited:

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Yeah mario and sheik are imo roys worst MUs

I find myself getting punished harder and having a significant disadvantage in neutral to good mario/sheik players.

Offstage play and getting past their edgeguards poses even more problems. I really want to hard-main roy but with loads of marios and sheiks out there it creates major obstacles for me.

Also anyone else have issues with fox? I know hes easily comboed from dthrow at early percents but most of the time i have problems with the MU

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
For the Zelda MU it is best to just approach from the air for a very good Zelda can stop most ground approaches. Her Dtilt can give her a few set ups like jab, Nair, Dash Attack etc and you do not want to be off stage against a good Zelda. Other than that I say this MU is pretty even. Roy can rack up damage quick and kill early and believe it or not Zelda can do the same. +0

For the Mario MU I say this MU is pretty dang difficult, but not impossible for Roy +0
I have a good friend that I play all the time who mains Zelda and Mario respectively and I have a lot of experience going against them. Mario's aerial mobility and speed makes it a problem in the neutral and his fireballs can stop approaches. He can gimp our recovery and make it nearly impossible to land sometimes! With this MU I play a very defensive game where I wall the Mario out with well spaced Nairs to stop aerial approaches and Dtilt/Jabs to stop the ground approaches. If any of those moves connect I can string them together with other moves in Roy's arsenal. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT simply run in and try to grab Mario because I guarantee you a good Mario will turn the tables and give you 50% EASY! Space him out and you have a tied game, throw out Nair and control the Neutral.

After the patch I can say that we may have a slighlty better chance against Sheik now, but I will keep this MU
Don't know much about it, but I suggest you play this game a lot like you would against Mario with well spaced Nairs and well spaced Dtilts to stop approaches. Sheik, once in, will have a field day and you do not want to be off stage against her. Switch your approach game up and once you get a grab get as much percentage as you possibly can.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
So, dumb me totally forgot to save my :4feroy:vs :4zelda: match (got hyped cause of the update), finally found a really good zelda. Made me realize that Roy's fall speed makes Zelda combos devastating at early %, at higher % her grabs is just like Roy's, it turns into a reading trap game. Approach from the air, in the ground Zelda can be somewhat predictable but taking a defensive position makes it's a little harder to approach, just be aware of your landing lag between attacks tomahawks seems to work pretty well.

Blazer is a great tool also thanks to the light super armor it has, baiting and finishing with a blazer, Roy can also combo Zelda easily and he can rack damage to kill % much faster. I'll give this in favor to our boy for now, still need to get more experience (this is not based only in one match, we played for a while but i still took most victories, lets say 9 out of 12).

So, against Zelda :4zelda: (+1)

Note: What i being noticing about Roy is that, until now, i haven't found a single MU in which he totally wrecks someone, and that's what i like about Roy, i destroy some opponents because they get careless, sorry just wanted to comment about that

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
Time for the next MU?
It would be nice to talk about the MU against some of the proyectile based characters :4link:,:4pacman:,:4samus:, or against the blue emblem hereos..well except Robin who isn't blue hahaha :4myfriends:,:4marth:/:4lucina:,:4robinm:/:4robinf:.

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
I vote FE characters for we may see a lot more of them in the future than we would those projectile characters.
Plus we may have more experience against them as well.

Flukey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1220-8509-1898
I vote FE characters for we may see a lot more of them in the future than we would those projectile characters.
Plus we may have more experience against them as well.
yeah, speacially those last two patches really buffed all those characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom