• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seriously, what is the point of freezing -_-'

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
You ever wonder why strategy guides and the like always mention ICs's Down B freezing opponents is a good thing?

I mean really, why did they give them a freezing effect that's useless? There the ICE Climbers for **** sake!!! Maybe there can be at least a little bit of use when you freeze them (doubt it). Oh well, at least we have 0-death grabs. Well, might as well see how I can put it to good use.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I dunno it looks cool....

and sometimes there are those people that don't attack when they break out and I run in with a Usmash....plus I personally thinks it buys me sometime to think of my next move...

And I like the lulz whenver you hit with the inner part of the blizzard and the opponet just kinda flies up and before it breaks (kinda like in sudden death...but rarely do I try and pull that)...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Freezing your opponent is very useful for saving nana.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
And if they so happen not to break out of it, then u have a free smash.

The point of freezing is to just give an added effect to the Ice climbers bilzzards for fun. Remeber the intention of the smash series is to be a party game, not a competetive game. We the community forced the game to be competetive by giving it rules such as counterpicking and time limits, etc.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
If it didn't freeze it wouldn't stop your opponent as long. As said before, good for saving Nana for sure but also useful when desynch blizzard-ing. You can freeze a few times :3!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
What I miss about the freezing mechanic is that the freezing isn't as long as it was in melee and the fact that Ice Blocks don't even freeze any more... Since brawl made the hitstun keep the target in place during the freeze, freezing during Blizzard would have been really awesome... Guess it was to keep blizzard from being broken.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
GUYS! The game wasnt designed as a 1v1 game. It could be used is a free for all and the frozen dude could be hit up into a hit into Ike's F-Smash maybe?

Top Bottom