• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sephiroth Mafia: OVER - TOWN WINS!

Kantrip

Kantplay
No **** that, I'm not letting Kantplay say he's not claiming who he tracked last night, he needs to say what it is and that player either confirms or denies.

We have information he's with holding on a slot we should just fkn lynch.

Stop being idiots, stop wagon hopping.
I said it already.

Orbo went nowhere.

Swishy

Watch me go against everything you believe.
You think I'm going to pull punches on a lynch?

Hardly.

I'd rather have information going since the only scum we've nailed thus far is them shooting themselves in the ****ing foot.
It's not that you are going to pull punches. I know you go in on *******. It's the fact that this Town is split right now. We've got the J/Nabe/Ruy triumvirate who overlook Acro/J's disgusting play for some awful reason and we've got a group of ballers known as the HBC on the opposite end finna flex a noose on J. You yourself said that you take issues with Nabe's play (though I personally think he's Town) and I don't think you've given an opinion on J but I imagine you see the ratchedness in his posts. Meanwhile you've got me, Rajam, and Orbo who as far as I know you are fine with minus Orbo but he's no longer under the spotlight. So you're pretty much the swing here.

By information I guess you mean more discussion or are you talking about a claim or what exactly?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephiroth Mafia Day 3

Deadline will end at Midnight MT on 8/24/2013

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

[0] Swishy:
[0] Orboknown:
[0] KevinM:
[0] Nabe:
[3] Potassium: J, Nabe, Red Ryu,
[0] Red Ryu:
[0] Rajam:
[4] J: Rajam, Orboknown, Potassium, Swishy,

[2] Not voting: KevinM,
[collapse=Vote Log Day 3]Swishy: Votes J > Votes Potassium > Votes J > Votes Potassium > Votes J > Unvotes Votes J
Rajam: Votes J
Orboknown: Votes J
Nabe: Votes Potassium > Unvotes Votes Potassium
Red Ryu: Votes Swishy > Votes J > Unvotes > Votes Potassium
J: Votes Potassium
Potassium: Votes Nabe > Votes J[/collapse]

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe, why the hell is me being cleared so valuable?

Potato, why aren't you voting J? He's still my first choice and have no idea what your vote is supposed to accomplish. I'ma be hella ****ing damn pissed if you're Town and didn't vote his grimy *** when us doubling on him would pit him at -1 at which point we would just need a hammer and could even force a deadlock.
Because you're being scummy as ****
Like, why are you being so HBC and not admitting it on J
Why is there no reason to lynch J at all
And why are you jumping back on this ****bag wagon when you were ready to ride a perfectly good one and grind a scummer Pota into the dust

#HBC | Nabe

Summary of the Kuz case as received via Potassium:

- Kuz disagrees with K's reads, therefore he is scum
- Kuz didn't take the previous point seriously when it was first expressed (I can't imagine why)

- Kuz thought Deg and Kary were both good plays ("Must be keeping his options open"? "Their interactions make that impossible"?)
- "Kuz didn't do what I would have done in a situation, therefore the reasoning behind his actions must be the single scummy thing I say it is" rather than the common-sense answer (Kuz really is a ****)

I agree with the assertion that this interaction reads as scummy for one of the two parties involved.
- Kuz later still didn't agree with K's reads of Deg/Kary (and vice-versa!); Kuz not changing his mind on Deg/Kary is scummy for some reason
- "I can tell you that Kuz disagreeing with my reads means he's scum, because disagreeing with my reads is inherently stupid, and I idolize Kuz so I know he's not stupid"
- Kuz took the exact wording of what K wrote in a post and applied to it a meaning he thought to be inherent in the words, and therefore must be scum because words are relative ("Nice reach")
- Kuz' reasoning on Kary is "bad"
- Kuz is snarky and sarcastic
- Kuz is scummy because he thinks Soup's "typically scummy" course of action is scummy (Kuzai such a pleb amirite)
- Kuz must die because he thinks K's sheeping Swiss
- Kuz switched to Kary without justifying the change (aka an actual relevant point of conflict not involving meta or "I would have done this" judgments)
(The switch was soft-justified at the time by Deg's read of a Kuz/Kary scumteam combined with Kuz's read of a Deg/Kary scumteam, but I'm only lauding the restraint taken in the point by not lashing out at Kuz's character)
- Kuz is scummy for voicing his thought that Swishy would push on one side of his SvT/SvS read after lynching the other side, and also scummy for trying not to get lynched (town wouldn't do that!)
- Kuz missed the statement of Swishy's reads on Kary/Kantrip and therefore is scum / Kuz is pretending not to have seen those reads and therefore is scum
- Kuz is avoiding answering a question (a question he had already answered, and K had confirmed knowing the answer to, by calling Soup's action "typically scummy")
- Kuz is scum because he leaves the thread like a 3dpd living human who likes to occasionally go out and get ****faced

Vote: Potassium
I cannot believe the inane bull**** I am reading in this case, delivered in a facetious tone as if, by grace of the Potato God it's been delivered to my earthbound ordinary *** on a platter, wrapped in a bow, to answer all my pedestrian concerns about (and hey I'd better make this bigger)
HBC voting labelled as if it's not.

Why is Kuz scum? Marshy, what the **** are you doing? Ryu, what the **** are you doing?
That wasn't even a case. That was me quoting **** from yesterDay.

What the **** at Ruy unvoting, how easily impressionable and bat**** stupid and bad at this game.

Jesus **** you guys, reread yesterDay and stop being ********. Are you ****ing kidding me?
I'll say it again. THAT. WASN'T. A. CASE.

I was just quoting all my stuff against kuz yesterDay to prove that there was things against him yesterDay. J himself, IN HIS CATCHUP POST, said that I had stuff against kuz yesterDay. I can quote it if you are all too ****ing dense to read. So why does J have a problem with the very stuff he agreed with in his catchup post?

What.

The.

Nomenclature aside, you were asked for a Kuz case, and that's what you produced. But I can't figure out how my mind made such a leap.

My post before yours.

Your direct response, containing a list of points about Kuz.

The underlined implication that these things you said in D1 make up the case that Kuz insists doesn't exist.

So hey, let's get the actual Kuz case straight after my terrible stupid mistake (and btw sry bout that #YOLO):

Did Kuz' votes really bounce? I can't say I've seen any demonstration of that as a fact, nor have my own observations even suggested that, but maybe I'm just stupid~ I'm sorry that "everyone" is letting your L-2 scumread "slide", which of course correctly suggests that people are passively letting Kuz off the proverbial hook, rather than challenging the existence of a hook at all. My apologies for the "chainsaw" -- I only did it because I thought it was actually a systematic teardown of every point in your case against Kuz. Of course, since it wasn'ta case, my response was really only an unfair sleight against you on a personal level.

Thanks! My own opinion on this was that "easy mislynches" are often "bad scum players", and that Kuz' serial killer read could be valid, but my opinion has to be wrong. After all, this interpretation offered by you here is clearly the only possible valid interpretation, and therefore is fact.

You make a persuasive argument here. My allegations that this is a wagon driven by hardbody pushes were heinously misplaced.

Again, sorry! My apologies for misconstruing a series of points on a player as a case, immediately after another player asked you for a case. I eagerly await the actual case on Kuz.

Swishy

1. Because you're being scummy as ****
2. Like, why are you being so HBC and not admitting it on J
3. Why is there no reason to lynch J at all
4. And why are you jumping back on this ****bag wagon when you were ready to ride a perfectly good one and grind a scummer Pota into the dust
1. I'm the towniest slot in this game
2. I'm HBC every game, you know this. What do you mean by not admitting it!
3. There is, I already gave my reasoning.
4. This wagon is better and is nearly complete. I just have to keep bashing y'all over the head 'til one of you wakes up. Just one.

Seriously Nabe, it's like you've never played with me before.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
why hasn't the swishy/kev claims happened yet? Just owndering if that is still a thing since swiss inactivity peaced

Swishy

J lS THE PLAY TODAY, IGNORE THE OPPOSITE WAGON AND FINISH HIM THE **** OFF. REASONING HAS BEEN SHOWN JUST NOT BY ME CUZ **** CASES

ACRO WAS NOT APPALLINGLY TOWN HE WAS APPALLINGLY SCUMMY AND USELESS WHO SPENT HIS ENTIRE TIME WASTING A VOTE ON OBVTOWN KAREBEAR AND CRYING ABOUT NOT KNOWING HOW TO READ PEOPLE THAT **** AINT TOWN

NABE I'M THE ONE WHO DOES THE GIANT LETTERS THING STOP SWAGGA JACKIN

#HBC | Nabe

J lS THE PLAY TODAY, IGNORE THE OPPOSITE WAGON AND FINISH HIM THE **** OFF. REASONING HAS BEEN SHOWN JUST NOT BY ME CUZ **** CASES

ACRO WAS NOT APPALLINGLY TOWN HE WAS APPALLINGLY SCUMMY AND USELESS WHO SPENT HIS ENTIRE TIME WASTING A VOTE ON OBVTOWN KAREBEAR AND CRYING ABOUT NOT KNOWING HOW TO READ PEOPLE THAT **** AINT TOWN

NABE I'M THE ONE WHO DOES THE GIANT LETTERS THING STOP SWAGGA JACKIN
Useless =/= town, Acro was absolutely useless, but his thought processes and posting are town as ****

Orboknown

Smash Hero
What Joey was saying was completely legit, Kuzorb is town

But the argument in question is whether Acro was town
and he was the towniest town who ever towned in Towntown
suck my orbos
Don't drag me into this .-.
But if you can point out obvtown acro I might be persuaded to change my mind.

Swishy

"this wagon is HBC"

"there is reasoning to this wagon" a.k.a. "this wagon is not HBC"
HBC is not synonymous to a cause without reason. It's a band of ballers joining together to rid the game of a disgusting slot in the most efficient and swag way possible. I had the HBC in The Wall doing the exact same ****; there was reasoning to every pish they made there just not publicly stated because they understood the target's scumminess and didn't have to waste their ****ing time pulling some ****tyass case out their ass.

#HBC | Nabe

Also for people name dropping: Joey, dabuz, and Rajam these slots have always been effectively dead lurker slots that creep their way into lylo adding to the insidiousness of the entire experience. Why do I have this entire sense of apathy in trying to read them? A feeling as if I'm some beggar throwing my hands out at passerby begging them for scraps. And when I get the scraps I sift through them and render everything I've sifted through to be mostly meaningless. Nothing telling. So I thrust out my hands again. Begging for some more scraps. And throughout this entire process I'm asking myself why am I doing this. What if they are mafia and what if they win. Do I really feel like I've lost? Shamed? Outplayed even?
As for the whole Badwolf opening sequence, do you really think Badwolf as someone capable of doing something so entirely **** as coming into the opening of a game and roughly saying, "**** **** balls I'm town **** my life" as a mafia gambit? Oh sure, there are plenty of die hard people who might pursue such a gambit. I admit that in the back of my head I could potentially see Badwolf guffawing behind his computer monitor at the brilliant genius he has in playing his own irrational weakness as an early card and turning it into a strength. Then I weigh the possibilities, it's not likely. It's certainly possible, but from what I remember of Badwolf's play it's weak because it's not committed and if it is true that it has been awhile since he has gotten scum shoed as scum, my mental image of Badwolf would be for his play to side more conservative rather than gambiting ****. I know the pretense that Badwolf is a relatively anti-town player. But surely that doesn't necessarily follow that he would imitate such bald-faced play as mafia. Then again there is a game where he was mafia right? And if there was an act where he did something so ninny as mafia then this entire paragraph is rendered moot and I'm back to mindlessly rewriting twelve names on my A4 scrap paper with absolutely no rhyme or reason.
I'll tell you what. I am voting Kary. And you know what, no I don't know if she is mafia. But does that matter? I'm frankly watching him play twenty questions, but there's no resolution or development. To me, it looks like he's shooting questions but he's getting nowhere in terms of reads. God, really the questions might as well be about the weather. I don't see an organic or a genuine process in them. Is he simply lost? Am I just not seeing the human element of a townie repeatedly doing inconsequential acts of nothingness. Or has he secretly been keeping all his findings stashed in some .txt file and has already managed to uncover all the hidden relationships the game has to offer and I'm here just being a giant bugger on him when I have nothing and I'm simply gaping at my screen in disinterest as I watch this Degausser wagon and find it very stagnating. Or maybe that's the point. Maybe if we continue to push on Degausser enough, even I will lose enough interest to vote him although voting him seems like a giant mystery. As if soup and th3kuzinator share a sacred mafia psychic link that's been honed over their relationship and instantaneously the connection has been severed resulting one of the party to be the aggressor and the other to cower as he is helplessly beaten repeatedly with a salgo of votes resulting in emotional anguish at being misunderstood by the masses.
RedRyu is town? Is RedRyu town? He's certainly different. Different as in pro-town. Pro-town as in town? Wait is joining a bandwagon considered a pro-town element? I suppose it is if the majority of active townies are on it. His retort was certainly edgy when he cut down Degausser on questioning dabuz's intent to join the emotional pain parade without a case. It is right that he didn't call out Swishy or other members of the more veteran pain brigade, but really I would find it premature to just merely ask Swiss/marshy as to why they are voting me. Then again he read Swishy as town. Although I still don't understand how you would attribute a town tell to Swishy three songs into the game.

The only explanation that I noticed on a look backsy is that different people have different tells and apparently he is one of the few who has the secret recipe that makes Swishy town tellishy delicious. Actually this whole Swishy reading thing is what disturbs me the most. Swishy is supposed to be the equivalent of God in this game, Kuz is jesus, and KevinM is the holy spirit. To be candid the holy trinity is the last people who I would expect to peg in any game of mafia due to the nature of 1/4 divine, 1/4 dead weight zombies, and 1/2 middle class American. Why would anyone profess to possessing a solid list of tells on these slots when in truth most of the game play so far has been slow and predictable. Perhaps there is a difference in what I consider constitutes a tell and what other people are eager to willing to share is something that they feel is a tell. For sure there is a major discrepancy between me and God given out clashing views on how to interpret the Kary.
The thing that I find particular about KevinM's discretion that Degausser is targeting lower profile slots on the wagon i.e. dabuz which compounds on RR's initial reading that Degausser didn't question everyone on the wagon is that I'm not entirely sure there is a solid reason why anyone is really on the wagon or if the wagon really needs a solid reason on the first place. If we've proven there's no reason behind the wagon it doesn't mean that the wagon has to be stopped, it simply means that you're going to die without rational cause. And that's mafia.

The only other slot that I want to free form comment is on Potassium. I read his post, I don't really feel like re-reading it. I was impressed by how much effort he put into his initial post, but then the words ran into each other and I let them gloss over my eyes like inconsequential nothingness. It might have been as th3kuzinator said that the material seemed forced. But I don't see the thought process of making such a bold statement that both Kary and Degausser are town and that th3kuzinator is mafia. Truthfully I'm dubious as in the merit of presenting the rough logic that if someone double disagrees with you and that person is Jesus, then he is mafia and does not have the same interests as you because as we all know a Mafia Jesus would blatantly do a double dutch setup on two middle class Americans to be sacrificed before he is crucified for being a complete fraud. Would a Mafia Jesus really do something so audacious given his influence and why does it seem that God is concerned that Jesus won't be sacrificed immediately following the Degausser procession. We all know Jesus is the ****, but how do we know that this is the final movement or am I the only sap still staring at this wagon and trying to figure out what the bloody hell is going on.
tl;dr Acrostic obv town
look at the tone, wording, phrasing
look at how he never stops talking or expressing opinions
look at how this is one single string of posts from one day (July 28th)
do I agree with it all? **** no but this guy is not scum

#HBC | Nabe

HBC is not synonymous to a cause without reason. It's a band of ballers joining together to rid the game of a disgusting slot in the most efficient and swag way possible. I had the HBC in The Wall doing the exact same ****; there was reasoning to every pish they made there just not publicly stated because they understood the target's scumminess and didn't have to waste their ****ing time pulling some ****tyass case out their ***.
No, you know ****ing well there was a lack of reasoning to half of your pushes in The Wall, some of which I didn't agree with, and I filled in the reasoning after the fact because I'm ****ing amazing. If this wagon had reasoning, you wouldn't be calling for HBC, you would be filling in the ****ing reasoning, they are diametrically opposed methods of wagoning

Swishy

ITT Acro is Town for floundering on reads and lack of direction.

I didn't GIVE reasoning in The Wall but I HAD reasoning. There's no point in publicly stating it when that just gives scum ammo to manipulate you with. Do you seriously think I just randomly lynch ******* pulling names out a hat?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. I'm the towniest slot in this game
Far from it.

2. I'm HBC every game, you know this. What do you mean by not admitting it!
You do but the issue is from this when you approach it that looks like you have an alternative motive, here I think you do.

3. There is, I already gave my reasoning.
I actually kind of liked Acro in the past, J is hit or miss with me but his posts to Kantrip and more recent are a lot better than what he did before.

4. This wagon is better and is nearly complete. I just have to keep bashing y'all over the head 'til one of you wakes up. Just one.
Not really, J should get any relevant info if he has a PR on the table so we got something to look at if his L-1 goes through, on top of this Kantrip's claim is actually really ****ty on a reread and you glossing over this when you and FF more or less pointed this out in OS Allstars that two unkillable townies was impossible and fair more unlikely than two neighbors.

Seriously, two of the three parts of his claim are info that were already flipped, Ninja + Miller, while the third is a stupidly semi safe thing to claim, one shot doc.

His targets are stupidly safe as well and even then make no sense, more so the cop one. I don't recall him ever showing direct interest in your slot on day 1, but he cops you over his strongest scum read Kuz, I know some people approach cop differently, but I don't see why he would avoid copping a slot like his which is extremely relevant to his reads while being a one shot.

Tracking Orbo is semi safe as well, though it makes more sense. Orbo is a claimed Beloved townie, he could have been trying to catch Orbo if he was lying about that being his only thing. I still don't buy this, he wanted to hide this to catch Orbo in a lie later? How the hell was that going to work he only claimed that Orbo has no NA, something we already know.

The only new info he has is the cop, which I think is a load of crap.

If he flips town, cool you have a cop clear and we know Orbo is even more likely to not be scum.

But I defiantly think he is lying since his targets don't make sense to me given his mindset on day 2.

Swishy

Ruy, you must be reading a different game if you're talking about me not being the towniest slot in this game.

Why are you quoting my post and talking to me? I don't care; a hammer is all I'm looking for at this point and if you want to keep dragging me into a tedious back-and-forth to shout your differing opinion down then I'll do it. Waste of both of our ****ing time but I don't want ******* listening to you.

Guess what Ruy? Frozen was the half who pointed out the claim discrepancy regarding two unkillable roles, not me. I got to JTB through process of elimination and if I said otherwise I guarantee I was just bull****ting to get Town to shut their ****ing mouths and lynch my target. I've never given a **** about claims outside the three I named, never have, and never will, so **** right on outta hear tryna get at me with some weird inconsistency regarding my attitude towards them. Literally all you are saying is claim bull**** and disregarding DAYPLAY outside of Nabe responding to some **** that wasn't a case and piggybacking off of him. Y'all already ruined yesterday's dayphase and I'm done letting y'all **** on this game by distracting everyone from the proper plays.

Swishy

Useless =/= town, Acro was absolutely useless, but his thought processes and posting are town as ****
You are smoking some MEAN walrus and I want some. Dude was fluffing up his helplessness over dealing with inactives, overanalyzing BWolf, overjustifying an obvtown Karebear vote, talking about some crazy crackpot psychic link theory, floudering over obvtown Red Ruy, going on some philosophical tangents about the game of mafia sprinkled with religious mockery, and generally not knowing what the **** was going on this game.

Yeah that's really town guys. Goddamn, ****** do the wildest bull**** and ******* slurp it up calling them town these days. This is bizarro mafia if there ever was one.

Swishy

Kevin, I implore you, please end this dayphase before this **** gets any more ******** and town fumbles the play. My sanity is in your hands.

#HBC | Nabe

You are smoking some MEAN walrus and I want some. Dude was fluffing up his helplessness over dealing with inactives, overanalyzing BWolf, overjustifying an obvtown Karebear vote, talking about some crazy crackpot psychic link theory, floudering over obvtown Red Ruy, going on some philosophical tangents about the game of mafia sprinkled with religious mockery, and generally not knowing what the **** was going on this game.

Yeah that's really town guys. Goddamn, *****s do the wildest bull**** and *****es slurp it up calling them town these days. This is bizarro mafia if there ever was one.
Gut reaction should be Acro town. Analysis is throwing you off the scent.

Top Bottom