• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Thanks Mic_128 for the advice.

Super unrelated, but if we managed to get over 300 Bob-ombs in the forum game where you have to count that many, when do you get awarded those points/ who do I harangue about it? Haha

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I like PM. I play it. I just don't like it being supported on the same level as a real Smash game.
You and I both know that Project M is much more prominent than anything else you mentioned. It's a major staple of many events big or small and a number of weekly smashfests as well. This is the home for the community, and Project M is a Smash game made by it, over the course of more than four years through the hard work of many people. Why should that not be recognized?

As for a numbers game, you're the only person I've seen complain about them, when many many more have requested for months to have the option, and I appeased them.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks Mic_128 for the advice.

Super unrelated, but if we managed to get over 300 Bob-ombs in the forum game where you have to count that many, when do you get awarded those points/ who do I harangue about it? Haha
When I can squeeze the time to make a list of everyone who needs em

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I have a request. Is it possible to allow users to specify the number of posts per page under user options? 40 posts per page causes my phone's browser to crash quite often. All it takes is for people to post too many images or Youtube videos... And even when it doesn't crash, it lags quite a bit. And having another web page open in another tab? Forgetaboutit.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on Smashboards on a last-gen smartphone. This would help me browse a lot. If custom number of posts per page is too much to ask, could 20 posts per page be an option?

I asked my buddy @ Hong Hong and he said to ask here. Thanks for your consideration!
I don't want to tick anyone off, but I'll just repost my request for the new page, since no one told me yes or no, yet. Thanks for your consideration.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't want to make anyone mad either, but I too wish to ask my question again so that I may have an answer. Is it possible to have hitbox.tv functionality to the streams list?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I don't want to tick anyone off, but I'll just repost my request for the new page, since no one told me yes or no, yet. Thanks for your consideration.
XenForo is currently designed with the lack of that functionality intended for clearer links and better SEO. IGN has hackishly added it, and given we're two of the top 10 largest XenForo forums, I made a case to them for it to be a future change.

I don't want to make anyone mad either, but I too wish to ask my question again so that I may have an answer. Is it possible to have hitbox.tv functionality to the streams list?
I'll look into their API and see how doable it is. I'd have to redo the stream stuff slightly, since it wasn't made with multiple services in mind.

Can we get some BB code that would make embed videos start at a specific time?
Will also look into it

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Thanks for the reply, @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 . If it's a technical limitation, I understand. Forum code isn't as simple as it used to be. I helped run a small school club forum back in, like, 2003-2004. Boardnation, I think? It was fairly open-ended for adding new code, but it wasn't nearly as sophisticated as Smashboards must be.

If you guys can get it added, cool. If not, oh well. It would be nice to have less resource-intensive pages to load, though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Suggestion time.

1. Smash Flash 2 Smilies:

2. Smilies of popular newcomer choices, like Ridley, Shulk, Chorus Men, or King K. Rool.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Something weird has happened with my avatar. I changed it to this, but it's hard to see, so I tried to change back. Now, on the main page, it shows my avatar as the previous avatar I had, but my avatar when I post is still this. I have no clue how this happened or how to fix it.

Edit: Never mind, I tried again and it worked!

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Can I use gfycat for my signature?

I've made a gif, but when I try to put it in, the image is broken. Vegito told me to save it and post it, but it says that I can't upload it as a webm, but I can only save it as a webm.
I'm really confused, if you couldn't tell.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Hey, is there a way I can make it so social forums don't count towards my post count? Because I have a lot of ideas for a MYM, but I don't want to forget them, since I'm going on vacation for a week, so I made a social forum to post my ideas, but I posted each individual part of the moveset (smashes, tilts, aerials) separately, and my post count is rapidly rising, and I don't want people to think I've been spamming or something.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Hey, is there a way I can make it so social forums don't count towards my post count? Because I have a lot of ideas for a MYM, but I don't want to forget them, since I'm going on vacation for a week, so I made a social forum to post my ideas, but I posted each individual part of the moveset (smashes, tilts, aerials) separately, and my post count is rapidly rising, and I don't want people to think I've been spamming or something.
Don't do this. What he meant to say was that he still waiting on :optizard:.

RIIIIGGHT?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
From a private convo of a bunch of long time Robin supporters, I bring you a few emote suggestions:

First one is something I can't believe doesn't already exist:
:tripping: or :sakurai:

"Condescending Sakurai."
I sadly have no idea who created this one. Somebody posted it waaaay back in the Robin support thread and I just saved it for later use.

Second is one I have multiple alternatives for.
Pick a Chrom and pray!
: chrom : :4chrom: or :4anotherday:

"Wow... you have so many Chroms!" :4lucina:
My personal favorite is the second one. If you wonder what's up with the weird angle of the third one, it's taken straight from the Robin & Lucina reveal trailer. The fourth one is the same flipped by 90° to make it look less awkward.

And the last one has come up a couple of times by Nah fans in our conversation. Throwing this one in here for them:

The Chroms and the Nah pic have been made by shrooby, the 90° turn on Chrom option 4 was edited by me.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Do not post about optizard in this topic or the premium perk thread again. It's akin to spamming since you've already had the hints from Warchump that the answer is no.

Hong

The Strongest
First one is something I can't believe doesn't already exist:
:tripping: or :sakurai:

"Condescending Sakurai."
I sadly have no idea who created this one. Somebody posted it waaaay back in the Robin support thread and I just saved it for later use.
@Glaciacott, if I'm not mistaken.
Second is one I have multiple alternatives for.
Pick a Chrom and pray!
: chrom : :4chrom: or :4anotherday:
I can't see any of those except maybe Sakurai being used.
I suppose he'll have his chance... another day.
Oh, that character? Nah.
Have you ever made a forum before?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Do not post about optizard in this topic or the premium perk thread again. It's akin to spamming since you've already had the hints from Warchump that the answer is no.
We've also had hints from Sakurai that Ridley will be a boss and won't be playable.
But that didn't stop the dedicated users here at Smash World Forums!

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Optizard is a terrible thing there I said it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Late to the party but I'd definitely advise against allowing user-controlled numbers of posts per page. SEO >>>>.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Being able to Delete your own posts!

Here's a couple more

Last edited:
Top Bottom