• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So we finally got to put in Project M mains, which I'm thankful for! But why can't I see the icons on people's names?
I see yours. Strange.

It's probably because people don't change their icons frequently, and just haven't selected a PM icon.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I see yours. Strange.

It's probably because people don't change their icons frequently, and just haven't selected a PM icon.
Interestingly, I do not see mine, which is Peach, but I can hover over the image that is supposed to be there and get the "Project M main" window that appears.
So are you seeing two Peach icons next to eachother that look identical. If you could screencap/Print-Screen what you see and enclose it in a spoiler I'd be much obliged

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Interestingly, I do not see mine, which is Peach, but I can hover over the image that is supposed to be there and get the "Project M main" window that appears.
So are you seeing two Peach icons next to eachother that look identical. If you could screencap/Print-Screen what you see and enclose it in a spoiler I'd be much obliged
Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + R, you might have the old spritesheet cached

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I actually didn't do any of that and the problem resolved itself haha. Thanks for responding nonetheless, and the blue auras around the characters look great

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Is there an easy way to multi-quote people besides just hitting "reply" to each post? I'm working on a community-driven guide, and have to quote tons of people, and was wondering if there's some way to avoid the automatic drop-down to the reply box after I quote someone, besides the alternative option, which would be to copy-paste everything into what everything said into untitled (without the "Poster said:") quotes.

So not exactly a solution, but an additional question I ask is there a way to quote someone without me hitting Reply?

This is kind of a predicament that's going in circles, sorry haha. Basically what I want to know (or have, if there isn't haha), is an easy way to quote multiple people without being sent to the reply box every time, and have those quotes reflect the poster (aka the quote boxes saying "Poster said:")

So this:
instead of this:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Since I didn't see if it'd even be possible, is it possible to add hitbox.tv functionality to the live streams list here on the site?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can we have a more efficient and convenient means to getting name changes done that doesn't revolve around waiting for one person to hopefully change it for you eventually? Busy or not, it really seems counterproductive.

Feelings of spite aside, why is the name changing process so roundabout when Custom Titles are so simple? Seems rather backwards since this is literally the only forum I've ever seen like that. Does it have to do with how the site reads and stores them or what? It's the only thing about Premium that really confuses me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because titles are just a little bit that fits under your name, like location and so on. The name is the title of the whole account which affects url coding and a bunch of other stuff. Which is why generally most forums you can't change your name at all.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Because titles are just a little bit that fits under your name, like location and so on. The name is the title of the whole account which affects url coding and a bunch of other stuff. Which is why generally most forums you can't change your name at all.
Uh, maybe this was true like 4 or 5 years ago but I'd say it's quite different in most forums now. Heck, in most, the names are the more simple things to change and the titles are the more complicated stuff that you have to jump through hoops to get changed if you're even allowed to at all.

Although, that's not really important since I don't mean to say something like "Everyone else is doing it so you should too! Waah~!" or something.

The whole point is whether or not a more efficient and satisfying method or process of name changes could be done. The current one is honestly very shoddy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well I'm probably not the best to be talking about it anyway, I know jack about the coding and all that goes on behind the scenes, just giving my best guess.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well I'm probably not the best to be talking about it anyway, I know jack about the coding and all that goes on behind the scenes, just giving my best guess.
The responses and feedback alone make me feel grateful than simply being given the cold shoulder, so I thank you greatly.

If anything, I'm sure it simply seems like I'm complaining about how long it has taken to get my name changed so far, but considering how it took a rather long time the first time I got Premium back in February and that it's taken even longer this time, being 2 full weeks out of my 1 month which leaves only 16 days until I lose it again, I can't help but feel impatient and dissatisfied.

At the very least, shouldn't there be more than just one single daily lurking Admin in charge of it if it's that tedious?

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Uh, maybe this was true like 4 or 5 years ago but I'd say it's quite different in most forums now. Heck, in most, the names are the more simple things to change and the titles are the more complicated stuff that you have to jump through hoops to get changed if you're even allowed to at all.

Although, that's not really important since I don't mean to say something like "Everyone else is doing it so you should too! Waah~!" or something.

The whole point is whether or not a more efficient and satisfying method or process of name changes could be done. The current one is honestly very shoddy.
Mic is wrong about names affecting URLs, I can link http://smashboards.com/members/A-big-ol-pile_of_amazing-omg.75665/ and it's gonna go to my profile, because what the site cares about is the number at the end.

However, custom title is just a text field that gets slapped on the page, username is a bit more complex and used in other places to improve performance, and needs to get updated when a username changes.

The end-all baseline reason though is that there isn't a method of allowing users namechanges with proper restrictions as a default feature of XenForo. It would need to be added in functionality

As for your namechange, PM me

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mic is wrong about names affecting URLs, I can link http://smashboards.com/members/A-big-ol-pile_of_amazing-omg.75665/ and it's gonna go to my profile, because what the site cares about is the number at the end.

However, custom title is just a text field that gets slapped on the page, username is a bit more complex and used in other places to improve performance, and needs to get updated when a username changes.

The end-all baseline reason though is that there isn't a method of allowing users namechanges with proper restrictions as a default feature of XenForo. It would need to be added in functionality

As for your namechange, PM me
Wonderfully explained. As expected of Based Warchamp. Thank you very much.

I shall do so, posthaste.

PizzaWenisaur

Smash Apprentice
Should make it so I can choose which forums I get updates for...
Now 'cause I commented once on the Smash Social Forum gonna get a bijillion updates.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
At the top of the page in the second navigation menu, you can view your watched forums, groups and threads and manage them there.

Your default following options are in your profile options

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Can you make the Smashbros main icons

<------- here
so that they link to their respective character guides? (if they exist) That would be cool. Just to make learning about a character more accessible for newer people on the site.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
How come the new banner has five Smash 4 characters, and then just Roy, who, from what we know, is not in Smash 4?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It features a character introduced in each game, plus a PM character
Oh. Well, wouldn't it be better to show those characters in their original artwork, so it's clear what you're trying to do? It's not that important, but it's just a little weird seeing everyone in Smash 4 artwork, then Roy in his Project M artwork.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mmm, I think maybe it would be nice to see the banner in everyone's original artwork just to see how it looks, if possible (maybe they already tried that, but didn't like how it looks?). The art styles may clash, but it would paint a clearer picture of what you guys are trying to do (plus a history on the graphics =P). Although, I did get that the banner's portraying a fighter from each installment (and PM) from the get-go.

I kinda have a question/suggestion.

I'm using the Tourmaline theme, and when I log out, the theme changes to the default Smashboards Dark. How come it doesn't "save" the theme when I log out? There's another forum I'm a part of which doesn't change the theme (maybe it's because they use a different server?) The problem is, when I stare at the theme I'm using, and I log out for whatever reason, it does give a shock to my eyes, due to going from light --> dark. I don't mean to come off as complaining (it's my fault because it's probably due to my sensitive eyes), but I'm just curious if there is a way for the theme to not change upon logging out (it also goes back to English if you set the language to Japanese... why is Japanese the only language option?).

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Change the theme while logged out. It might save it then.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I also use Tourmaline. It's way easier on the eyes to use lighter themes like that. Love it. I also love how the Smash logo is in the swirly thing now :)

I have a request. Is it possible to allow users to specify the number of posts per page under user options? 40 posts per page causes my phone's browser to crash quite often. All it takes is for people to post too many images or Youtube videos... And even when it doesn't crash, it lags quite a bit. And having another web page open in another tab? Forgetaboutit.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on Smashboards on a last-gen smartphone. This would help me browse a lot. If custom number of posts per page is too much to ask, could 20 posts per page be an option?

I asked my buddy @Hong and he said to ask here. Thanks for your consideration!

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Change the theme while logged out. It might save it then.
It seems when I save the theme logged out, close the window, and then re-enter the site, it saves. However, when I log out with the theme, it reverts back to the default dark one. Can that be changed (or maybe have an option?) so that the theme chosen could stay static whenever?

shapular

Smash Ace
Can you guys show the most popular stream of each game on the front page instead of just having three Melee streams most of the time?

Btw, I don't know if this is also a complaint box or where that would go, but I really don't like the idea of having PM mains in the user box, especially since it's just a glowy verison of the Brawl icons. Please tell me you're dropping that when Smash 4 comes out.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Can you guys show the most popular stream of each game on the front page instead of just having three Melee streams most of the time?

Btw, I don't know if this is also a complaint box or where that would go, but I really don't like the idea of having PM mains in the user box, especially since it's just a glowy verison of the Brawl icons. Please tell me you're dropping that when Smash 4 comes out.
Stream list just shows the most popular Smash streams, if the top 3 are Melee, that's just what it'll be. Additional functionality is in the cards at a future date.

Do you have an objective reason for not having Project M mains? Or do you just not like PM?

shapular

Smash Ace
Stream list just shows the most popular Smash streams, if the top 3 are Melee, that's just what it'll be. Additional functionality is in the cards at a future date.

Do you have an objective reason for not having Project M mains? Or do you just not like PM?
I like PM. I play it. I just don't like it being supported on the same level as a real Smash game. If you have PM main, you may as well have Brawl- main, Super Smash Flash 2 main, or whatever.

Top Bottom