• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik Presents: Smash Bash-Athon MELEE IS SATURDAY BRAWL IS SUNDAY CHU IS EVERY DAY

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I knew it. So the zip code is wrong. =(

...This is a problem. You see... I have a wedding to go to that day. Yeah, I know, right? v_v

This REALLY sucks. =(

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
if i do manage to attend this

(might be going to new york for blipfest 08)

it'd prob be massive melee friendlies+brawl singles only. :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ok i noticed a date change from 13th to 6th... absolute no no for me....
wasnt this tourney always the 6th?

im sad that mwarhead made the tourney in orlando for brawl for the same day. Id like everyone to be at the same tourney, not all split up. I wonder if they'd move it to like the 20th? but they'd probably want to capitalize on all the peoples at UCF whod enter while they're not in winter break

nevershootme

Smash Master
wasnt this tourney always the 6th?

im sad that mwarhead made the tourney in orlando for brawl for the same day. Id like everyone to be at the same tourney, not all split up. I wonder if they'd move it to like the 20th? but they'd probably want to capitalize on all the peoples at UCF whod enter while they're not in winter break
well. I posted when it was first made showing that it was the 13th. and I said that oh it's gonna be on after finals (13th). now I saw it being the 6th, which is before finals for FIU (and maybe UCF if they're on the same date for the semester to be over)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, you changed the date? Why? =O

That's great news for me, though. ^_^

Now, about having Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick...

Leh

Smash Ace
We change sigs a lot. :dizzy:
Its clear you've never heard of me cuz i change avatar/sigs more then anyone.

EVER

I like the neutrals, im gonna enjoy being insta counterpicked if i choose to play my mains vs seibrik in tourney.

Amazing.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Matt, you know those have been the neutrals for all my tournies. (past like 3-4) Don't act like its anything new or has anything to do with you.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Afro, come live at my apartment with me and QDVS and Amber.

We'll make you good at melee, and I also just picked up Guilty Gear.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
STAGES:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Seige
Halberd
Frigate

Banned:
RaibbowCruise
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Greenhillzone
Skyworld
Great Sea
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2

Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton
why are these stages banned, can you give me some legit reasons, they're at every other tournament why aren't they here??

and why are those three nuetral stages D3's best neutrals, you should put yoshi's (as much as i hate it) back in there and lylat because they even out the playing field and allow for other characters to start with an advantage instead of mainly your main, i don't mean to be an *** but i'm just calling it as i see it, just trying to make it fair for everyone

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The neutrals are those 3 because EVERYBODY does good on those stages, not just DDD. ALso, the banned stages are what they are because a lot of stupid reasons that will be exploited to the max by Florida.

Leh

Smash Ace
The neutrals are those 3 because EVERYBODY does good on those stages, not just DDD. ALso, the banned stages are what they are because a lot of stupid reasons that will be exploited to the max by Florida.
D3 does BETTER then everyone else on those stages, those are D3's best stages by far. And if D3 is fighting someone he can CG the stage is greatly in his favor.

The stages HRNUT pointed out should be added in. They are all fair stages. (except PS2)

Its hard to believe seibrik isnt hella rigging this **** for him when theres not a single stage that i can even counterpick D3 to on that list.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
PS2 really isnt bad once you play it a few times (lol. i used to be adamant against fenrir about banning this stage for good too...)

but ****, i was gonna take this day for my tourney, but you beat me to it. If i come to this, i dont know who else will be coming, because i know nick wont be

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
even if everyone does good on those stages as afro stated D3 has the biggest advantage of getting a stage that helps more than it hurts him, lylat's tilting helps me when i play mk to fight D3 cuz i don't always hit the ground and get tech chased, however this will happen on all the others, yoshi's island is curvy which can also allow me to regain mobility before i hit the ground as well all i am saying is the it does seem like someone's curving the tourney in their favor, take the ban off of luigi's mansion and norfair which are also bad for D3, lets try to make this favorable for everyone please!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Why is Rainbow Cruise banned (and people still haven't given me an explanation after asking like 5 times <_<)?

There is nothing ban-worthy about the stage. It gives advantages to certain characters while giving disadvantages to others, it doesn't completely re-shape the game, and there are no hazards. What is so bad about it that it should be banned?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing with Rainbow cruise is you have to spend just as much time going from platform to platform as you do actually fighting. Plus, MK's and Kirby's U-throw are broken for obvious reasons. Those are the main 2 reasons i think.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Simply put this is how i've been doin my tournies for awhile, people come, they dont come. Ultimately I decide what stages are available just like Fenrir decides for Gigs or w.e. I didn't try arguing much with ps2 and luigis even tho i disagree with it.

The reason im banning luigi's/norfair is cuz of the rediculous camping done on those stages that clocks out like crazy. Its kinda like hyrule in melee, simple because of the slow physics that is brawl. :)

The reason i put yoshi's as counterpick is the same reason i put lylat as cp. not cuz of the layout, but because of the randomness that i dont believe belongs in a neutral.

The cloud in yoshi's is 100% random as to which side it pops up on/when it decides to come. changes matches completely and i simply dont feel it belongs in a neutral. Same goes for lylat but for the tilting. neither of those things particularly help nor hinder ddd, so it has nothing to do with that.

Want to get out of the tech chase with mk on flat stages? DI up and airdodge/jump mixup between that and landing and teching and it becomes really hard to tech chase you, yoshi's doesnt effect that, or normal chaingrabs, at all. Lylat does, rarely, but thats not why i put in in CP. people would say its worse for ddd than yoshis, but that doesn't stop me from 99% of the time banning yoshi's just cuz i dont like the amount of uncontrolled randomness it has over lylat. At least you can see lylats tilts comming.

but yea, thats my opinions on the stages. take it as you will, the stage list sticks for now.

and RC is just gay as hell. ***** noodles. I dont wana see tourny matches filled with suicides under reappearing noodles.

Leh

Smash Ace
Simply put this is how i've been doin my tournies for awhile, people come, they dont come. Ultimately I decide what stages are available just like Fenrir decides for Gigs or w.e. I didn't try arguing much with ps2 and luigis even tho i disagree with it.

The reason im banning luigi's/norfair is cuz of the rediculous camping done on those stages that clocks out like crazy. Its kinda like hyrule in melee, simple because of the slow physics that is brawl. :)

The reason i put yoshi's as counterpick is the same reason i put lylat as cp. not cuz of the layout, but because of the randomness that i dont believe belongs in a neutral.

The cloud in yoshi's is 100% random as to which side it pops up on/when it decides to come. changes matches completely and i simply dont feel it belongs in a neutral. Same goes for lylat but for the tilting. neither of those things particularly help nor hinder ddd, so it has nothing to do with that.

Want to get out of the tech chase with mk on flat stages? DI up and airdodge/jump mixup between that and landing and teching and it becomes really hard to tech chase you, yoshi's doesnt effect that, or normal chaingrabs, at all. Lylat does, rarely, but thats not why i put in in CP. people would say its worse for ddd than yoshis, but that doesn't stop me from 99% of the time banning yoshi's just cuz i dont like the amount of uncontrolled randomness it has over lylat. At least you can see lylats tilts comming.

but yea, thats my opinions on the stages. take it as you will, the stage list sticks for now.

and RC is just gay as hell. ***** noodles. I dont wana see tourny matches filled with suicides under reappearing noodles.
You failed to cover me or hrnuts point.
In Melee, Yoshi's Story cloud could save someone, does that mean it was turned off? No.
You complain about Lylat, but whether you like it or not it is a NEUTRAL STAGE, the tilts are TIMED and with that knowledge can help you recover better if you know when its going to tilt. Lylat is probably D3's worst neutral due to the placement of platforms and the ability to break out of CG due to the tilts. So no wonder its on cp.

You say Lylat or Yoshis do nto help or hinder d3? Your COMPLETELY wrong, they have PLATFORMS which are REQUIRED for characters that can be CG'd to beat D3. Yoshi's and Lylat are both neutral stages, if you arent going to put them on fine.

It just means your all about rigging your own tournaments for yourself.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well Afro, the cloud on Yoshi's Story in Melee was 100% timed. You could tell when it was going to come out on either side.

Leh

Smash Ace
Well Afro, the cloud on Yoshi's Story in Melee was 100% timed. You could tell when it was going to come out on either side.
The tilts on lylat are timed.
Put lylat on neutral, if both players hate the stage then they can agree to mutually ban it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
True true. I actually agree with the 2 stages on random, but agree with norfair and PS2 banned. Luigi's is iffy though, its on the edge either way.

You say that seeding can be by crew, but so many people are in the Apprentice of Lambchops crew. What will happen?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
barely any apprentice of lambchops are actually training partners.

the banns stays as listed.

the neutrals i'll be thinking more carefully about before the date, no worries.

Top Bottom