• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seat 3 is in the air.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
King Kong said:
I really like the idea of staying at a backpackers if numbers are too great to stay at Gloths place.
It's fun and easy living while you're in one. Just becareful of drunken roomies with weak bladders. :/

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
lol Syke has to come he threw down the gauntlet against me. Nessbounder is a chicken if he backs off too since he also said some threatening stuff :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
If they're serious enough about it give me their names I'll list them up. Mark if you don't get your as$ into gear before this weekend I'll get to working things out you slacker! :O

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gloth, we'd need one of you guys to find a decent backpackers to stay at. There's always the possibility of staying at the one we did at @M, but we know that unless we pay for all the beds in a room then there'll be randoms turning up. And if you ask SA Dave, we may not want some of them ;)

Yeah, we'd also need two or 3 tv's in that area. If we managed to get SA Dave to stay there he could bring his LCD, but if there's a large group of us, we don't want to spend 90% of the time there waiting to play games ^_^.

Generally, best pickings is in the city somewhere, just to facilitate public transport to and from people's smashfests, and we're withing walking distance to n2c. It would be too awesome ^_^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Okay I'm ganna take over this thing...Marks got good intentions and all but he's just too green for it :). I'll spend what time I can in the coming 4ish days working out the details and such.

I'll update the second post now, but add to it as things are cleared up.

Same rules as before, post if you're interested or let me know via MSN.

Mark when you read this I'll be more than happy to get some help from you on this, so don't feel you need to back off fully.

C0ME_bac_k-id

Smash Apprentice
Cronos heres me details

Name Paul
location/ Sydney
Sex/ Male
Age/18
Occupation/ Full-time gamer (i wish)
Main/ Link
User Handle/ C0ME_bac_k-id

details for seat 3 would be great ..do u know how much to enter...how much cud we win ...dates etc...???
Get back to me cronos..and yeah i think u already got my msn so either post up here or email me..thanks a million.

the kid.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
CAOTIC said:
Please do Shaz. I don't trust Markarse ever doing justice to SEAT.

Yeah I feel the same way I imagine seeing the night before the event Mark post "nah man, I ****ed up, man" and SEAT 3 being cancled. That or its really dodgy with a rule that allows mark to counter pick everyone with everyone he wants, like at shaz's his playing doc all day see's my puff, man that puff has really technicle mind games, i wouldn't mind versing it.... procede to pick link on finalD and spam the entire match.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'll work on the entry fee etc. etc. once I've got a location...I'm thinking of using the same venue we used for SEAT1-2. I'll speak to KO about it now.
LoL...Mark....what a funny guy :D

Whiskers

Smash Rookie
venue is same as last time, entry fee is 20 dollars.

sometime in aprill easter holidays time, plenty of time.
Im not going to leave it to the last minute but even cao booked like 2 weeks before so dont fret.
man Ive been playing to many games on cpu very hot atm smells like burning.

Whiskers

Smash Rookie
Whiskers said:
venue is same as last time, entry fee is 20 dollars.

sometime in aprill easter holidays time, plenty of time.
Im not going to leave it to the last minute but even cao booked like 2 weeks before so dont fret.
man Ive been playing to many games on cpu very hot atm smells like burning.
god sake, snake bite posting forgot to log brother out.
pressed quote instead of edit, sorry guys.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A NOTE TO THE SMASHERS WHO CAN ONLY AFFORD TO GO TO 1 MAJOR TOURNEY:

PICK OHN5 OVER SEAT3 (THEY ARE 3 MONTHS APART). DA (AKA SPIKE KING AKA ***** SAMUS ETC) WILL BE REPRESENTED IN SYDNEY. Chances to see X Japan/Blaine and KillaOR also quite likely. Check the Sydney OHN thread.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
pfft, seat 3 > ohn anyday homie

anyway, i hope things are moving along well, all i need is the confirmation that accomodation has been booked, we will have a melbournite (or more ^^) staying with us and the tourney date and i will book my tickets ASAP

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I purposely said pick OHN5 over SEAT3 so that you could go against me and go to Melbourne. Worked like a charm - hahahaha :)

(OK I'm full of ****, lolz)

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
SEAT 3 will be Awesome, If they have teams I wanna team with you Seb cuse Mark said our Zelda's are really similar, and... i would love to make Mark twice as pissed off.

Reminds me of a joke Gloth made, in all FFA's we played Mark targeted me and targeted Seb in the ones his in, I asked who he would target if we were both in the same game and Gloth said he would explode in frustration.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
OK good so you guys aren't ganna ditch that's god news. Yeah well I havent spoken to Jon again since the last time, but plan to soon so the accom will be taken care of shortly. I'll pretty much stay with you guys unless something ownage comes along like you know a meteor strike.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Accommodation is a good idea. Let's hope we have enough out of staters to fill up an entire room in the backpacker's this time = no randoms!

And Shaz, get a job. When organising something, a small amount of excess money is always required in case of emergency. ^_^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I have a job already Ryan. Don't worry I'm not saying I'll organise this half *****....It's just a metter of working out the conflict between OHN5 and SEAT3...Zereul and I are working on that as I type this post.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
rmusgrave said:
Accommodation is a good idea. Let's hope we have enough out of staters to fill up an entire room in the backpacker's this time = no randoms!

And Shaz, get a job. When organising something, a small amount of excess money is always required in case of emergency. ^_^

XD! Every SEAT an emergency. I think Shaz likes his new job. Especailly with the same sex communal showers an' all.... XDXDXD

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I have been working all this week but besides all that has been said.
I'll go over to the venue next week and see if it's possible to book ahead that far in advance, I'm pritty sure it will be.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
i got my university fees the other day

or as i have named them : 'a very large kick to the testicles follow by **** by cacti'

so until further notice my attendance of this event is 'interested but not confirmed'

sowwy :(

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
This event is gay its not ganna happen lol - unless some other person who is not me wants to bother with hosting it coz it's a waste of time money and can be spent in ways which are more fun, friendly and wont be as stressfilled.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaz gives up too easily.

Just focus on Sydney. If you guys are scared about the lack of Smash, make some whilst you're up there.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
**** that, I will organise SEAT 3 myself :p I ain't giving up on you Melbourners if it wasn't for you my puff would be a pokemon, but now its evolved into a testicle with a balloon wrapped around it. SEAT3 FTW.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Err... good luck. It tales a crapload of work to get the majority of Melbournians to do stuff. Chances are you'll drop off your effort like Shaz and Mark. WEAK. :laugh:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
i didnt mean the actual tournament

i meant the whole week of gaming thingo

ill still try and make it, especially if everything is planned out for a week of ubergames

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm not giving up on SEAT because it's too hard...I'm giving up on the tourney coz it's a gay idea. I can't honestly say I like the idea as much as a nice big happy time anyways. Not to mention the whole dishing out cash to random locations blah. I'm not interested in gathering up everyone in Melb smash scene either, I'm only interested in playing against the people that matter to me, and that I matter to - I'm not ganna bother chasing up people who aren't interested enough to ask the questions themselves - that just leads to the genuine people sitting around wondering when the others will show and IF they even will.....uncool MAX.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, what ever happens..... PLEASE still plan it for NSW holidays and not Victorias, sure i love missing out on school especially year 12 school work but if i tried to go down to melbourne for two weeks in whcih school was on.... its never going to happen.

kupo

Smash Lord
Seat 3 shouldn't even be named Seat. Its not even a tourney. Just some Smashfest...

. . . l o l

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
MELEE-FC2 was actually just a smashfest held at the Kish's. Can't see why we can't call a tournament SEAT3 despite the lack of one.

A week of gaming will be hard for the perthites. I don't think I can take a week off uni. >_> If it's on or near a break I could probably manage it, but even then, workload gets hefty around then.

I'll do my darndest to make it, but I can't make any promises! ^_^

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I know how your feeling now Shaz, I just got an e-mail with some of the stuff that I got to change for OHN5... which means im going to have to spend more time just to get a decent tournament.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone still thinking of going down to Melbourne in the next school holidays?

I am but I was wondering about like the WA players and Sloth, so many good people to verse not much chance to... oh and probly that guy from Qld who's good, whats his name..... syk..... thats it King Kong, i heard he has a good Kong.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
My job makes it even harder again...I couldnt afford a week off just to getmore time off for OC2 ;|

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
pffffft, ryan you square, you ace all your freaking courses anyway, 1 week wont hurt

GOOD NEWS!

i talked to some people about my uni fees and they said that hecs DOES cover it, even though it says on the invoice that i owe money

weird, but yay for me

so now im confirmed, just give me a date to show up biatches

Top Bottom