• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seat 3 is in the air.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
SEAT3 interested list:

(( SEAT3! ))

I will be hosting SEAT3. This is in no way intended as an insult to Mark, but as a way to ensure the smash scene can get the best out of itself.

(( Venue ))

TBA

(( Events ))

As well as the singles tournament, which will be held in the same manner as SEAT2 (Swiss) I plan to hold a crew tournament as opposed to the teams tourney of last time.
This would of course allow for us to finally do a state battle off, and since QLD challenged me, I'd be happy to take them out :)

(( Rules ))

Same as last SEAT. I'll detail that next time.

(( Interested ))
[VIC WA TAS SA NSW QLD]

Zax
CATS
Joe
TM
Freddo
Gloth
Shaz
Mark
Trent
Bringer
Mic
Kenton
Mat
Quetzalcoatl
Forblaze
Nick
Sam
DC
Syrick
Ronnie
Cella
Carlos
Leo
Simon
Karl
SADave
Sloth
Sebastian
King Kong
Kaydash
NG7
NessBounder
Syke
Zereul
COME Bac k-id
Mikul
Kakarot

[Ok I'm sure there's many more than that but I'm waiting on responses or I'll just ask you when I get the chance guys]

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
wow, you guys just keep churning out the tourneys eh? its like some sort of tourney factory.

well, best of luck with it. it seems that you have developed a tourney formula that doesnt suck. always a good thing.

kupo

Smash Lord
lmao Seat3.

I was hoping seat2 was the last, but i guess not. Something tells me that I'm gonna have an unlucky run. lol =P

But oh well...

Teams4eva

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Seat 3? no freakin way!

Well give me enough time to save up some money and i'll be there.

who could get sick of a tournament named after furniture?

King Kong

Smash Lord
Guh.... just when you thought it was safe to quit smash a tempting offer arises.

Yeah, if I have the time and the money I will come- if the other out of staters come too.

I dunno, I said I would quit, and I dont know if i will still be playing next year... but if i am i will try to come.

peace out

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a great Idea and hopefully by that time alot of people will be busting to play some smash or do even better than they did at SEAT2 for the tourny!

The rules that applied to the last one seem fine in my own opinion and I'll see if theres any new Aussies over at the Gametalk smash forums..afterall it's where I came from :p

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
OK I keep on saying I wanna quit but end up playing the next day anyway....it's just too good :O!
Mat it's true we're going well here with the scene .....luckily for me there's always a few people interested in still playing so I keep smiling :)
Em, there's no such thing as an unlucky run for you....that is unless you saw my post before I editted it :D
KK I hope you come, though it's expensive I'd bet.....luckily interstate travel is nothing compared to overseas though :)
Seb just because you're better than Mark doesn't mean you have to rub it in to him.....or does it? ;)
I hear Peach will be banned coz Marks a sook lol!

NG7

Smash Lord
I will definitely come but that's assuming it's during the holidays.

I'll be there with iron fists, breathing fire, blood running down my face and Metal pumped through my veins. \m/
YEEEEEEEHHAAAAAH!!!

I bet people are laughing at me.

Hi Gloth.

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
hey man, glad to hear you're keen ... should be no probs if you wanna crash at my place.

I'm thinking mid to late january would be a good time ... not sure exactly when the holidays end for everyone .. but that shoudl give folks enough time to get some cash together ... and enough time to build up there smash desire.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Woah, mid to late january? I think that sounds kinda early o.o; I mean, give a little more room for some growth and a litttle more time to get some money for our inter-staters xP We did have a good couple of months between the first and second SEAT y'know :B

But still, a seat3 would still be awesome n___n

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yeah, that's what I thought. I reckon we should give it a decent few months. Like I suggested somewhere else, I reckon a good time would be March-April.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I wouldn't make it late for these reasons:
1: and most importantly I'm not a patient man.
2: Holidays will be well and truly over so people will come out with BS excuses again.
3: Providing we aren't going for some kind off record high crowd the main people will show up anyway.
4: Smash is getting stretched a bit hard, waiting will no doubt turn me off the idea altogether (refer#1)
5: Assuming people actually show my meet would be a good pre-tourney event, which all tourneys should have since they're a good indication of what you need to do come tourney.
6: If you think now until mid-January isn't enough time to improve you're not trying hard enough.
7: More tourney the better - have one in March also if you like :D
8: I'm not a patient man!

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
what if it was bimonthly ... so if we had it on the weekend closest to the 10th of every second month ... I know that it would make it so that an indovidual Seat wasn't such an uber cool event .. cos like there would be another one pretty soon ... but still ... I think it would be good.

and yeah shaz ... having this next seat before this set of holidays ends is a good idea.

so like Feb 10th ish

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yeah, come to think of it, Gloths idea seems pretty good. Have smaller tournaments every 2 months and then maybe hold a massive tournament every 6 months, or something.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Small tournerment sounds good hmmmm.
Lol stir **** shaz you know I hate it or love?
You dont know do ya now.

Anyhow early sounds good I spose but You know I wanta throw a big one too.

Lots of peoples is always a good thing.
And yes Peach the filthy **** will be restricted and so will sheik.

Nah lol but when you play the you have to say Im a disgusting SLLuuTT.
it's nice to see you posting on the boards gloth, makes me wonder when shaz is going to throw another meet.

we can be dirty vid gods.

Nether the less Maybe a big tournie in march or april around labour day.

And a small one before than I'll see what I can do.

As long as I can attend and Im not working(public holidays and weekends)

Note: this seb mark nonsense has to be fixed seb care to fight my doc 10 times, that will fix it.
Or maybe shaz has aknowleged Im a good smasher and he has to find some way of putting me down the *******. Lol 16 posts already , seat 3 is going to be big I can feel it in my waters.

What do you guys think of random team partners I think its a good Idea what about you guys?

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
hmm ... yeah I reckon that sounds like it could be kinda fun ... random teams that is ... and maybe even random characters ... now that would be a larf!

What if we call this one ... Stool! ... and just make it a big FUN meet ... and that way the herritage of seat being a proper and special tourney could continue ... just a spare of the moment thought here ...

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who plays Peach should feel proud of themself for owning with a sexy woman and the people who don't are jealous and secretly want to use her :p

Mark can you please just find a friken character and stick with it lol! One day it's Mewtwo, then Jiggs, then doc, then it's back to Marth. I think it's better if we just dont VS at all cause it seem's like the more you lose the more pissed at me you get >.<

Unless we are matched up in the tourny I dont want to have any more friendlies with you ok? (At SEAT3)

Glothrenite

Smash Apprentice
i have no desire to use her ... but I sure do wish my bombs had a random chance to do 30 damage.

falcophantism

Smash Apprentice
im iching for some kind of smash meet this weekend i dont care whos house (even if its mine) but as a noob who yerns (i think thats how it is spelt) for more samsh with you sexy blokes and shelas (shaz *snortle*) so i can improve my game and make the finals at seat3 as seb siad.

Maybe we can call these small tournies "foot rest" "seat for our feet" (i dont know, you can work that last one out for your self).

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
If there is a SEAT3 you guys gotta wait till after March and OHN5, so us NSW players can make it. Its is my goal to make sure that there is a NSW Smash scene.

King Kong

Smash Lord
It would be good if it could be held a little later in order for us QLD guys to get our stuff together.

We had a brisbane smash meet yesterday at King_mos's and we have some serious talent here that I didnt even know about. Given a bit of time we could assemble one hell of a crew to bring down.

peace out

NG7

Smash Lord
Yea dudes maybe it would be smarter to not have it too soon.

I'm still recoveringfrom my thrashing at SEAT2. More specifically self-confidence :cry: and my wallet are still recovering.

Syke

Smash Apprentice
I really hope I can go!!
I've to been able to beat KK, Jaz and King MoS so it would be good to see what the other States can do.

LOOK AT ME I'M AS COCKY AS CRONOS

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hahahahahaha...... Syke, dude you are a very good player. At least equal or better than me and i'm one of the better QLD players. But the guys from Melbourne 4 stock me with ease, they are on another level to us.

What we need to do is have more brissy smash meetings so we can improve and with luck improve our game. There is heaps we can learn from each other.

Toai, dont run yourself down dude. You are my technical superior (How do you wavedash so well with fox?) and give your fox a few more months and you'll be owning. Tim's gannon is also great give him time and he'll kill me.

Peace out

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Besides all the complaints and boasting, How do you guys feel with these dates for the next BIG seat
11th,12th, 13th(labour day) of march.

Its also in the school holiday period and no one works on labour day because its a public holiday.
So any of these dates would be good especially labour day.

If you are able to come in these dates please say so.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
That sounds good I will start oganising and counting the days with my friends now, this time there will be no last minute mistakes.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
HAAAAA lol I just remember that I have a family holiday in March to an island in queensland for the whole two week's!! Look's like I wont be there, Ohh well no Peach equals Mark happy so I'm happy :-)

And theres no way I'm missing a holiday for a one day comp, I missed a Holiday too hawaii for one of the SEATs but that was ok because I got a laptop for my birthday instead.

Hopefully SEAT is planned for a later date but I'm not going to be selfish and push for a change, I really don't mind that I can't go and it might mean the end of smash for me. Have fun everyone I guess, Unless the date is changed I have nothing else to contribute!

NG7

Smash Lord
I had a dream last night about buying a plane ticket to Melbourne. It was so f*cking wierd. It's a sign i tell you.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I may not have the money to make it. My wallet is sort of empty as I'm saving for a trip to NWS and Queenslaand alreadyz.
I'll have to see and wait for you guys to set a date in place and stuff. Sometimes I'm lucky and find ultra mega super 1337 cheap tickets to melbourne..

kupo

Smash Lord
My view on Seat 3:

- It's too soon.
- Seat 1 and 2 were done within' a few months because Cao was leaving for U.S
- Some ppl won't be able to make it, unless they pull $400 outta their ***.

You wouldn't wanna turn Seat3 into one of those smashfests and then do crappy DE formation, which would really suck.

I suggest starting a list of people who will turn up, and what date would be best suited for everyone.

Meh, your call.

Dunno if I'm gonna go...smash is kinda dropping off...

*starts new characters for Warcraft*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
OH MY GOD

em you smash traitor, how could you give up smash for warcraft!

HOW COULD YOU

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway, i would love to go to melbourne again for just a week of gaming with you guys again.

no tourney

no competition

just 7 straight days of fast food, more video games than sleep and kicking rad times.

if you guys can plan that up, ill be there with bells on.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
kupo said:
My view on Seat 3:

- It's too soon.
- Seat 1 and 2 were done within' a few months because Cao was leaving for U.S
- Some ppl won't be able to make it, unless they pull $400 outta their ***.

You wouldn't wanna turn Seat3 into one of those smashfests and then do crappy DE formation, which would really suck.

I suggest starting a list of people who will turn up, and what date would be best suited for everyone.

Meh, your call.

Dunno if I'm gonna go...smash is kinda dropping off...

*starts new characters for Warcraft*
Yes you have been playing the game for years so its understandable why you have no interest in the game and therefore feel that you dont wanto go.
But Ive already seen the future and your there so you cant really escape :)

Anyhow I think you should go and see it more as experience builder and fun time to enjoy being with many types of people who enjoy vidieo games.

I think March around labour day is a good time because its on the weekend followed by a monday so it gives people the whole long weekend to come down. I think this is the best time But I'll start a list regardless.

please Post if you are going to seat thankyou.

Top Bottom