• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
yeah, they are clueless, a friend of mine during the after thanksgiving sale, don't know if it was sears, but he got an 80gig PS3 for $300, even with sales that day, somebody seriously f*cked up.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Just to add a little more info, some Sears stores did the exact same thing with the Guitar Hero 3 release (selling it before the release date). So it wouldn't surprise me if they're making the same mistake with the Brawl release.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
nah too bad guys i just hit up the online sears store and they told me that its a preorder item and would ship after march 9th..but the funny thing was he didnt tell me that until i said "but this game comes out march 9th" and then he realized it was a preorder item..if i didnt mention that i would have been waiting 5-7 bussiness days after march 9th waiting for the game to ship to my house =\

Phocks

Smash Rookie
I've called a few Sears stores. So far the story is that they all have had stock in, and sold out reeeaaaalllly fast. I'm planning on checking out a store tomorrow morning, because they claim it'll be coming in an evening shipment tonight.

I'm not entirely sold on the story, but from what I can tell, yeah, they're selling it, but only in a few stores, and only a few copies every other day, as they get shipments in.

EDIT: Also, according to the Sears customer service, if you ordered it today with their $15 extra charge one-day shipping, it would arrive in 4 business days. So, around Tuesday or so, according to them.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I've called a few Sears stores. So far the story is that they all have had stock in, and sold out reeeaaaalllly fast. I'm planning on checking out a store tomorrow morning, because they claim it'll be coming in an evening shipment tonight.

I'm not entirely sold on the story, but from what I can tell, yeah, they're selling it, but only in a few stores, and only a few copies every other day, as they get shipments in.

EDIT: Also, according to the Sears customer service, if you ordered it today with their $15 extra charge one-day shipping, it would arrive in 4 business days. So, around Tuesday or so, according to them.
somehow i find that really hard to belive in sear's part..good luck tryin to get it early tho.

and btw i called the online store and half of them working there dont even realize its a preorder item. They're treatin it as a regular item trust me.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I called up my Sears, they don't have it. So oh well. Either fake or select stores I guess.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
Yup, unfortunately, the one in White Plains (near where I live) does not have it.
But I DO recommend give your local Sears a call, worth a sort. And if they don't have it and your bored, ask if they have Battletoads xD

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Next Tuesday, or the Tuesday after release. That is the question...

Edit: I took a leap of faith and went ahead and ordered a copy with overnight shipping. In my confirmation, it says it will arrive in two business days. Guess we will see how that works out.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice

That's the same story with all the stores I've called. I asked them if they had some instock to begin with and they said yes. I asked one store and they said they had a shipment coming this weekend, so all I can do is hope....**** my love for Smash...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
THIS IS MADNESS

MADNESS
i need to see a video in order for me to really beleave it. (im not saying that disc is fake because it looks real)

THIS IS SPARTA

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well, hey. AT LEAST THIS MEANS THAT THE GAME WILL NOT BE DELAYED AGAIN IN THE U.S.A. Sorry for the caps, wanted to get my point across.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll have to try calling later. If I could get Brawl a week ahead of time, I would definitely buy it tonight (if they have it). So... I'm going to call shortly.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
haha this is why im gonna be hittin up stores like K-mart early next week to see if they got any on the shelves cuz usally stores like sears and k-mart are cluless when it comes to games. My friend told me his friend got bioshock like a whole week before the release from kmart.=P

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
In order to varrify this I'd have to see a video of The Brawl Theme song sung by Sakurai next to it, two forms of Varification, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Panda taking notes, and Sakurai's grandma to confirm it's identity.

Phocks

Smash Rookie
somehow i find that really hard to belive in sear's part..good luck tryin to get it early tho.

and btw i called the online store and half of them working there dont even realize its a preorder item. They're treatin it as a regular item trust me.
Probably explains why they're selling it early.

I'm planning on calling my Sears' manager later tonight about the shipment, and just later in general because they claim they get their shipments "every other evening", and they will, "have the game for sale tomorrow morning when the store opens".

The exact credibility is very limited, I know, but I plan on figuring out as much as possible before I even try to get up at 8 o clock to get there in time for the mall opening.

Hopefully I'll be playing Brawl tomorrow though. :)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
haha this is why im gonna be hittin up stores like K-mart early next week to see if they got any on the shelves cuz usally stores like sears and k-mart are cluless when it comes to games. My friend told me his friend got bioshock like a whole week before the release from kmart.=P
Sears and Kmart are the same store now (well, one bought the other). Makes sense both would be messed up.

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
Remember on the Wii release? There we pictures of people getting it at Sears before. However, I think as far as Brawl goes, it was an isoltaed incident, if it had really happend at all.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone actually go to Sears? I'm gonna ask my mom is she can take me now.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care. I already have my reserved at Gamestop. I rather they have my money than Sears.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i just went to the sears in omaha and they didn't have it....i didn't prod to much into if they would have it later.... i just figured it was bogus or only a few stores have had this happen...idk

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care. I already have my reserved at Gamestop. I rather they have my money than Sears.
wow that makes no sense. does it really matter who gets ur money? lol as long as u get the game i dont think it really matters..=\

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i got this from gamefaqs. i might give it a try

Me: Hello...I know you have brawl

Guy: God, I've had calls all day about this game....it isn't here

Me: My cousin works at valley stream and he has the game and he told me that it is avalible here too.

Guy:S***,he brook the rules

Me: Thanx dude...I don't have a cousin working at valley stream but you just told me that you do have the game in storage...I'll be there in a minute

Guy: umm........f***

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i don't care if its true or not, i am going to my local sears and checking for myself...better safe than sorry as i always say

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
didn't the person have a somewhat high star count (or whatever you call it)

Yeah, his feedback is fairly respectable, which lends him some weight... on the other hand, he's currently not selling anything, so perhaps he emptied out before deciding to scam people. <_<

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Got my confirmation email. Expected arrival date of March 4th, but it could arrive Monday if I get lucky.

Things are looking promising so far.

Poel

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to order one from Sears (figure I can cancel and bail if it doesn't ship soon)... but it's not letting me add the item to my shopping cart. My internet sucking or their disabling the process?

Top Bottom