• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Sears selling) Brawl (Released Early) >.<?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
What about the people who said Sears said they sold out?

Mine personally told me they should be receiving copies in a couple of days (they told me this on Wednesday) and they said it should be on sale then. I'm going to call and ask today to see if they got it in.
I posted this a while back, but the people at places like Sears tend to be clueless. They will say they have "sold out" or it's "out of stock" even though they have not even put any on the shelves, they don't know it hasn't been released yet.

Some may have sold it, but it was not all over the place, and they realized there mistake so don't expect them to sell any[more] before the release.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
...why am i not surprise by this?

Somehow, something like an early/leaked release was bound to happen with Smash and of all places, with SEARS.

this sucks balls and very irritating when stores release stuff early even with a lame excuse like "Oh we didn't know it wasn't suppose to be out yet." That's quite a cruel thing to do, now there will be a small handful of people with Brawl, while the rest of the population be forced to wait and suffer through Eng leaks.

skippy17

Smash Rookie
I called my local Sears (in lovely lubbock, tx) and they said they won't be selling until the 9th.
Good luck to other hunters though.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
this sucks balls and very irritating when stores release stuff early even with a lame excuse like "Oh we didn't know it wasn't suppose to be out yet." That's quite a cruel thing to do said:
NOOOOOO a whole week, the cruelty of it all:cry:

... A week people, seriously...

sorry I messed that quote up....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread is STILL GOING?!?!?!?!? NOT a single retailer has gotten the game shipped to them yet. So no one could have sold it. I work at target currently, and we wont be getting until until next week.
Read Post Below.

And if you don't know what the Bay Area is (the richest area in the world, basically), you must not be good with geography. >_< San Jose (biggest city in California, after LA; not sure if it's considered the Bay Area or not! XD), San Francisco, Oakland? Ever heard of those?

I Got it from someone who bought it from sears and Yes i live in the Bay Area!
D***, where in the Bay Area (because I live in the East Bay of it! :laugh:)=??? Seriously, tell me what city, the address, anything! (if they'll do it again, or if there is any possibility). Because then, I'll have a Brawl party...after unlocking everyone in Subspace, and whatnot! :laugh:

O, and of course I'd gloat. :p And tell you what the American (English) version is like, and tell you the correct (English) pronounciation of "King Dedede" (or as I call him - King Awsome with a Hammer). :laugh:

Still, we've got just under 200 hours to go. However, the sooner, the better, definitely.

WhipIt1

Smash Cadet
I just called my local Sears, turns out it didn't sell games or something, so she gave me a nuber of another Sears in the area. They said they were sold out. The first Sears also gave me the option of another Sears a little farther away, but I think I should call again and get that number. I can't wait any longer! :mad:

mukai013

Smash Rookie
I recently called my local sears and he said they didnt have any at the moment. but he said to come back tomorrow when theyre getting a shipment.

Pi

Smash Hero
I called 3 sears near me (relatively) and asked about the game the moment I saw this thread. Each sears the receptionist at the desk had a similar response "Everyone's been calling about that game, sorry but we don't have it". Same with the electronics guy I talked to, surprisingly though one of the electronic guys I spoke with, well :

Me: Hey, I was wondering what's up with brawl? (assuming he knew what I was talking about, everyone does right?)
Guy: What?
Me: I heard some sears locations were selling it?
Guy: is it a game?
Me: Yea, super smash bros. brawl, for the wii
Guy: Let me check the shelves...
Me: (is this guy for real?)
Guy: Sorry we don't have it
Me: err, alright, bye
Guy: Thank you for calling sears...

I have to doubt to some extent his sincerity...maybe he was just joshing me after receiving so many calls about the game...

billywill

Smash Journeyman
So I went to Sears and checked the shelves...no brawl. It was very pathetic of the game choice they had. I asked the guy about Brawl and he just laughed and said sorry come back the 9th. Only noobs shop at Sears:laugh:

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
My god I can't wait! I've seen Japanese voice dubs, gameplay, music, everything! But the fact that some people here are playing Brawl right now makes me so jealous... I ordered online, but I haven't gotten that god ****ed confirmation e-mail yet, so my orders probobly been refunded. **** Sears.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
And if you don't know what the Bay Area is (the richest area in the world, basically), you must not be good with geography. >_< San Jose (biggest city in California, after LA; not sure if it's considered the Bay Area or not! XD), San Francisco, Oakland? Ever heard of those?
I know what Bay Area is, I never said I didn't. I just meant, where did he mean when he said Bay Area, because there are a lot of places known as Bay Area, and I wasn't sure if he was referring to the one in California.

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Don't even try calling...you won't get it...

Why can't we all just wait 1 more week? I mean, we have been waiting for 6 or 7 years already so 1 week shouldn't be all that bad.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
We've been waitin for 6 years? I didnt even hear about Brawl until '06.
Most people include the timeframe since Melee not just the development time for Brawl.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
You were already waiting from the moment Melee was released? You must have not liked that game that much, then.

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
I tried to go to Sears to get it a couple of days ago and they realized that the game is supposed to come out next Sunday and they stopped selling them...

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
I tried to go to Sears to get it a couple of days ago and they realized that the game is supposed to come out next Sunday and they stopped selling them...
Dang to the it

Cool sig though

Nothing over here for Brawl (went to SEARS AND K-MART)

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I called again today and this is what happened:
Me: Hi can I get transfered to electronics?
Clerk: Yes sure, but might I ask what you're looking for?
Me: A video ga.
Clerk: (interrupts me) No we do not have that smash brawl game and aren't getting it until March 9th.
Me: Um... thanks

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
I called again today and this is what happened:
Me: Hi can I get transfered to electronics?
Clerk: Yes sure, but might I ask what you're looking for?
Me: A video ga.
Clerk: (interrupts me) No we do not have that smash brawl game and aren't getting it until March 9th.
Me: Um... thanks
LOL rude b@stards... :mad:

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
haha yeah tell me about it. I'm pretty sure I even got hung up on before giving them the thanks they didn't deserve.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
It looks like that ebay auction way back on page 2 was legitimate; if you check the seller's feedback, he already has two very happy Brawl fans posting positive feedback for that item.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Well i dont think nintendo ships the game till the second but theres a chance.

Top Bottom