• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seanson's Hitbox System v1.0.17.1 (updated june 30)

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
also, do you have the hitboxes for samus's dash attack v1.0? ii think you just have v1.2.
Actually, the hitboxes of Samus' dash attack make a BIG difference in how you should use it.

WoF = Only in 1.0
then what were these two talking about? i wasted all that time for nothing...jeez. oh well. now i have a v1.0 melee at my house. thanks for clearing that up for me though.

Seanson

Smash Ace
well it seems like we just learned something new!

Are there any hitboxes that change size between versions, or are they just different in terms of damage/knockback/etc?

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
so glad to see this progressing.

awesome job especially to Seanson, subdoodleman... and everyone else who is a part of this great project. keep up the great work

* i have nodiced that aerial hitboxes do change when a character is fastfalling as opposed to not fastfalling. it could be an optical illusion... though. im not sure.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh, I meant those Cyan bubbles are reflective.
Blue is like when you airdodge and nothing can touch you. No hitlag is caused and projectiles go through you.
Green (not the ones in reflective moves) are also invincible, but if you are hit with a projectile, it stops, and people who hit you suffer hitlag.

There is a difference. The hiboxes around the shine and bat are different colors than that of a respawn. Same goes for blue. Dark blue is true invicibility and light blue (only for Ness) is absorption.

As for the hitboxes for Samus' dash attack, sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase, but annoying told me that the WoF in 1.0 gives Samus some invincibility frames in her dash attack.

Seanson

Smash Ace
* i have nodiced that aerial hitboxes do change when a character is fastfalling as opposed to not fastfalling. it could be an optical illusion... though. im not sure.
it's true. hitboxes leave 'trails' you could say. it isnt necessarily when you are fast falling, but falling nonetheless. you'll notice fox's f-air the 2nd frame of each hitbox it goes up, this is only because he is falling. then look at climber's down air, you'll notice the hitbox kind of changes shape, this because I did it right after a jump, so as the get the average up of up/down movements.

regardless though, the hitbox's true size shows on the first frame it is out

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I meant those Cyan bubbles are reflective.
Blue is like when you airdodge and nothing can touch you. No hitlag is caused and projectiles go through you.
Green (not the ones in reflective moves) are also invincible, but if you are hit with a projectile, it stops, and people who hit you suffer hitlag.

There is a difference. The hiboxes around the shine and bat are different colors than that of a respawn. Same goes for blue. Dark blue is true invicibility and light blue (only for Ness) is absorption.

As for the hitboxes for Samus' dash attack, sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase, but annoying told me that the WoF in 1.0 gives Samus some invincibility frames in her dash attack.
So what about Jigg's rest? Doesn't her whole body get a lightish blue hitbox for several frames after the attack begins? Is that absorption, invincibility, ????
:confused:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Jiggs turns dark blue during rest, which is intagible invincibility, not absorption. So if you try to hit her on the frae of that invincibility with say Samus' missile, it will go right through her.

Seanson

Smash Ace
what if you turn un-invincible while a hitbox is inside you? do you get hurt? since invincibility is only for a few frames, and im not sure a missile would make it all the way through

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
its what happens if you air dodge early. im sure its happened to everyone. the missile gets halfway through you, then bam! it explodes inside you, destroying your liver and instantly killing you. well, not exactly like that, but you get hit as soon as the invincibility ends.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, yes, a missile wouldn't make it through. Yes, after you turn yellow again, even if an attack is inside you, you get hurt.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Not to be knit-picky, but I found a problem with your drop-down menus. In the character one, you list Mario before Dr. Mario even though you're going in the order of the character selection screen. On that screen, Dr. Mario is first, followed by Mario. Also, you may want to do them alphabetically instead of in the character selection screen format. It'd just make for easier browsing.

Again, sorry to complain (this thing is awesome by the way), but I think those few changes might make it even better. Keep up the good work everyone involved!

cF=)

Smash Lord
How the hell is this not stickied ? It's an extremely useful database and should surely be linked from the "advanced techniques" thread.

Keep up the fantastic work, I love to see how the heck marth is overpowered.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
I agree this should be sticked, but maybe they'll wait until this is nearly complete before that happens. Also, when you do Kirby's moves, are you going to do all of his 27 variations on the B attack? I know the attacks are similar but I think some of the hitboxes might be different than the original attacks. Maybe do him in the update after next please?

Seanson

Smash Ace
progress has hit a roadblock, until I can get more characters filmed i wont update (so far I only have 1 more char completed) I want to add at least 2 new chars at a time.

yes, kirby (in the end) will have all variations on b attacks. this however will not be a priority as I don't think many people eat others (in tournament play). If I'm wrong correct me, I dont hang around kirby forums.

REPORT: peach is done, and I have y.link attack info (from metroid1117) but will wait a bit for the update, unless there is a demand for peach. my spring break is coming up soon so i will easily be able to film every character that hasnt been done at that point. from there on it will only be a matter of my frame extractings. my spring break starts the weekend after this coming weekend. sorry for lack of updates recently, just be patient! this project WILL be finished...

squaminator

Smash Ace
seanson, its not frequent, but certain people like those powers, namely t!mmy. i do it too, but mostly with space animals and sheik. i would like to see the shield breaker range, just to compare it to marth's. and my friends say that c.falc's b move has a backward hitbox on kirby (like falco's upsmash where it hits further back than expected.)those are pretty much the only ones i care about.

Sensai

Smash Master
Seanson, I have to say....this is one of the most helpful things I've ever seen done for the Smash community. Thanks a ton.

I'd offer help, but I don't have an AR, nor do I have any means of capturing video. If there's still some way I can help, I'll be glad to, but regardless, keep up the good work.

Samochan

Smash Master
Really helpful, I must say. Link does not work though on the online version. ;< And please, do Peach fast, I want to see the broken hitboxes. :p

Why in the world is fox's head invulnerable through the start of his usmash though? o.o; More brokeness.

Seanson

Smash Ace
SON OF A GUN!

my FTP uploader went stupid on me, so now I can no longer upload all frames at once. it only accepts one folder at a time... uploading takes about an hour, so instead of 1 hour idling, now I have to pay 1 hour of attention. luckily however are some weekly TV shows I watch tonight so I can upload during them. this happened to luigi to, so he's missing some online frames as well. then if you count peach that I'll probably upload today as well, I got many hours of uploading ahead of me.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Hey, Seanson! I somehow can't download your updated version on filefront =/
I'd like to have the updated version, I'm working on the .exe-version y'know.

Seanson

Smash Ace
ok, my ftp is working again to full goodness, so i can be lazy while uploading :chuckle:

peach is finished, and I added a loading bar that shows up while you're loading an attack, also younglink attack info and samus attack info (both courtesy of metroid1117, horray!)

excpect these updates to occur only on the online version, and all uploads (luigi frames, link frames, peach frames) will be done within an hour from this post

enjoy! thanks for all the positive feedback :)

EDIT: i just found out that if you try to load a different attack while one is loading, it will start loading both and bad stuff happens. I will try to fix this during commercials, to stop the previous attack from loading, should be doable, but just a heads up!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, great job, cannot wait as the other characters come, because when they come, Mario will come soon after [I'll settle on Doc for now].

As for stopping that bug, if all loads are done by a thread, I would call Thread.stop() on the first loading thread, then clear the loading array, and then start the new loading thread.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this thread suddenly got a bunch of posts, and I wasn't here for maybe 2 days...
Excellent work as usual seanson, and anything you can do to improve the program would be even better. oh and Tonb3rry, how long after the last update do you expect to take until a full .exe version is ready? that sounds like it would be really cool.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
The mods apparently said that there were too many stickies here, IIRC.

Right before stickying Fastfox's topic.

Go figure.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey, the java for Link isn't working for me...the frames are there, but it still says they're unavailable...both online and in the download...I don't have any java training, I just thought you'd need to know.

KevMoney

Smash Journeyman
I just have to say this one of the best things for smash that ive seen in awhile.
Keep up the good work.
-kevmoney

Seanson

Smash Ace
Hey, the java for Link isn't working for me...the frames are there, but it still says they're unavailable...both online and in the download...I don't have any java training, I just thought you'd need to know.
good catch

there may be things like this that come up a bunch, because sometimes i just forget to do something simple. keep letting me know when you find things that dont work and i'll fix em! I don't usually go bug searching on my own so I depend on the people! thanks again

edit: fixed

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Keep up the good work! As a suggestion when you finish finalizing this project see if you can add the different angles to hitboxes for example links dair currently you have a back view of the hitbox but no front view.If there the same though theres no reason to add it.

Congratulations on making it to the offcical everything thread btw.

Seanson

Smash Ace
well my brother said he'd film falco and send it to me, about a week ago. i am still waiting on him... tooooooo lazy :(

to uck: i think hitboxes are all spheres (at least the ones that arent character hitboxes), so I think front and back would be the same. i could be wrong though

report: still not much to do, sigh. one more week until spring break for me then i can REALLY get things moving (such as the rest of the characters). ive gotten more attack stats from metroid1117, so i'll prolly put that on the online version sometime soon

Seanson

Smash Ace
uploading is easy, currently I just have nothing to do. i have no film to extract. petre, for example, just did all the frames then emailed em to me then I uploaded. what we need is characters to be filmed, and then extracted.

pdk

Smash Lord
good catch

there may be things like this that come up a bunch, because sometimes i just forget to do something simple. keep letting me know when you find things that dont work and i'll fix em! I don't usually go bug searching on my own so I depend on the people! thanks again

edit: fixed
how does it determine whether footage of a move is available to show, does it just have a huge 2d array stating this for every move (shooting in the dark here) or does it check for the presence of a folder containing the move animation?

you may want to look into changing things to the latter if you haven't already, that way you could update stuff and just forget about everything except the stats which can usually be put on the back burner

Seanson

Smash Ace
I have the template for every character's attack stats coded in. this template includes damage, knockback, IASA, etc etc, duration. duration does not show up as a stat, it is instead used for telling the system how many images there are for that attack. after it reads the char box and the attack box it finds the appropriate move and then sets all the data to that move's data (unfinished attack stats are just blank, and the duration is ZERO if the move has not been added).

if the duration is 0, it will display the "no frames for this move blahblah" picture.
if the duration is NOT 0, and it appears white, then the move has been implemented, but frames are not uploaded/in the correct folder

the list of attacks are in an 'if' statement, with 2 parameters. the index in the Character Box and the index of the Attack Box. that way I refer to each move as an X,Y coordinate, persay. X meaning char, and Y meaning attack. then I run the appropriate code to set all data.

whew, that seemed like i could have said it shorter, and less wordy :laugh:

Top Bottom