• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seanson's Hitbox System v1.0.17.1 (updated june 30)

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Well try downloading the hitbox program, thats what i did when i got fed up with the loading times for the online one (no offense to seanson's server or anything). It updates almost as regularly as the online one, loads really quickly, and doesn't seem to get those bugs...
I still don't know why your java won't update, sounds like a weird problem.
EDIT: Seanson I just tried downloading the newest patch from 1.0.9.0 to 1.0.12.0 and the there was a message saying the URL couldn't be found on the server. fix please?

Seanson

Smash Ace
yeah... doh... i forgot to upload 1.0.12.0. i made the zips then something must have distracted me... sorry for any inconvenciences. they should be online within 20 min after this post.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
oh, no wonder. haha. stuff like that happens to me alot...i have adhd, i get distracted while trying to do something, and bam! that something just dropped to a 1% chance of being finished on time. kind of like now. its taken me about 5 hrs to shoot 11 attacks...mostly cause im here posting this random stuff.
site...too...addicting......must...force...self...to...not...post.......look...away........stop...reading...posts..........

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we need bowsers down angled ftilt... thats the way its most often used.

also, is there any way you can get the hitboxes from bowsers klaw fthrow? it has its own hitbox, its great in teams matches to fthrow when the other guy comes in for the save, i was wondering what the size of those hitboxes were...

horay bowser

thanks a TON

petre

Smash Lord
we need bowsers down angled ftilt... thats the way its most often used.

also, is there any way you can get the hitboxes from bowsers klaw fthrow? it has its own hitbox, its great in teams matches to fthrow when the other guy comes in for the save, i was wondering what the size of those hitboxes were...

horay bowser

thanks a TON
about the tilted attacks, i dont think we're doing any of those (yet) since its the same range from the center of the chars body outward, just in a different direction...
i was looking at the klaw fthrow like you said, and i thought i froze my game because when you just stand there after a klaw grab there is absolutely no animation... oh yeah his uthrow and dthrow both have hitboxes as well, ill do those too...but probably not until we go back and do the ledge attacks and such. then we can see who else has extra throw hitboxes...im sure bowser isnt the only one.
if you know any other moves that have hitboxes that we havent shown, lemme know.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, this is actually very useful. It's good to know where the hitboxes are. Nice job, keep it up! :)

Seanson

Smash Ace
ledge attacks
getting up attacks
angled tilts

i think those 3 alone almost double the amount of attacks we'd have to shoot. my intention is for you to see the size/length/area of hitboxes related to their limb or whatever is attacking, then apply that to just putting the limb at a different angle. as for ledge attacks, i suppose they are important, but they arent really what people need to see. after all the character's primary movesets are complete ledge attacks will probably be added.

do NOT expect rolls/ledge stuff/air dodge hitboxes, or anything that isnt really an attack. frankly, that stuff is easily solved by looking at SDM's frame data for example, which I can link you to if you are really in need.

gimpyfish, would it suffice to just have a few frames of just when the hitbox is out? because I dont feel having the whole attack angled down is worth adding... yet(?), but a few pictures from the middle of the attack will still show you the size and how far down it goes. would that work?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seanson, if you ever get the Pichu hitboxes, could I use the info for my guide? I think some of my info it's really too accurate yet. I'll link to your Hitbox system and you'll get some major credits ^^

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know Ness d-throw, jigglypuffs dithrow, peach's f-throw, and I think samus u-throw have extra hitboxes. By extra hit boxes do you mean that the throwing animation can attack other characters?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
also, do you have the hitboxes for samus's dash attack v1.0? ii think you just have v1.2.

Seanson

Smash Ace
also, do you have the hitboxes for samus's dash attack v1.0? ii think you just have v1.2.
I just filmed with whatever version I had, so I didn't really have much of a choice.

I haven't seen it, but im willing to guess it isn't a "oh, this is 1.0 i better use the dash attack this way".

Seanson

Smash Ace
Yay an update! Everyone likes updates.

New in this version: Doctor Mario (me), Link and Luigi (petre) frames. And attack stats for Link, brought to you by metroid1117.

I am debating whether or not to release an offline version, because this is starting to get huge, and my friend's server isn't uper amazing. I'll probably upload offline versions to filefront from now on, assuming I can remove files I've uploaded (so there are no old versions, only the newest) Filefront makes it easy and wonderful to download the offline version. The offline version is much better anyways because there is no downloading of any sorts once you have it. I was just at a friend's playing smash and I showed the system to him, and some frames didn't work, some did, and it was hella slow. Offline works snippety snap, but it getting rather large.

There are 17,248 frames in the system so far, totalling about 160mb.

My FTP is getting buggered out, so now I can't mass upload I have to do it one folder at a time, ugh!

Here it is, the frame of the day:

Wahoo!

Seanson

Smash Ace
Currently uploading... to filefront. The online version should be all up to date. Yeah the zip of the newest version is 128 megs, so it takes a while to upload.

I won't be patching any of the previous versions, but from 1.0.15.0 on, I WILL include patches.

I changed the zip of the full version to have the frames/html/readme/JAR all contained in a SSBM HitboxSystem folder, to make it more clear, I hope.

If you download the full ver 1.0.15.0 from filefront, I suggest you just delete everything you had from previous versions and just have a fresh start.

I suppose if someone asks I can patch from 1.0.12.0 to 1.0.15.0, but I jsut dont want to... dont ask why :laugh:

EDIT: Yay it is finished uploading, on filefront, gogo download!

Seanson

Smash Ace
Yeah, someone said they were gonna do falco, then they didnt, so.. I'm hoping that someone can do him soon, since he is probably wanting to be viewed more than yoshi (just a guess). If petre can't do it I'll ask SDM to.

On other news, all the patches have been uploaded to filefront, so now if you don't have 1.0.15.0 you can patch your way to victory, or just download 1.0.15.0 full.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Well, just got the newest patch and the filefront downloads work fine.
Is it just me, or does luigi get invincibility frames at the beginning of his up-b?

EDIT: 100th post!!!!!!!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Actually, the hitboxes of Samus' dash attack make a BIG difference in how you should use it.

WoF = Only in 1.0

Elen

Smash Lord
I'd much rather see that giant, everlasting hitboxes on falcos dair than any of yoshi's moves xD. Anyways, 100th post YAYAYAYAY!

Seanson

Smash Ace
holy cow, everyone is getting 100 posts! grats

falco is coming... in due time... falco will definately be done by friday, along with peach, and hopefully 1-2 chars from petre (who is too busy to do filming for a few days).

I will probably hold off to update until I get falco finished, which wont be until wednesday at the earliest, and friday at the latest. My homework is starting to pick up, so I might not get as much time to work on this as I'd like.

EDIT: Earthbound, i just remembered that I didnt even do samus's dash attack, patre did. And unless he has both versions, then we'll have to wait until I can film it. SDM has 1.2, and I have 1.0 down at school (but no AR), so until I go home again, it will need to wait. I plan on going up on the 24th of Feb, hope that isnt too long!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Dont worry, I'm fine. I'm just pointing stuff out.
Its annoying that wants the dash attack.

POST 1,629!!! :p

petre

Smash Lord
hey, yeah i have v1.2, but my cousin has a different version, 1.0 or 1.1, i forgot which one...anyway ill find out and if its 1.0 i can do another dash attack. if im lucky ill be able to plug out a character tommorow night (HUGE maybe...), we'll see when we get there...

post #151!!!!!

indie_dave

Smash Ace
w00t i heart your car i heart it a lot
and ninjas they are the rock

thanks for doing all this work, don't fry your eyeballs now!! (now that ness data is released, hehehe) ^^

Seanson

Smash Ace
I have just fixed the slider! Now you can slider all you like.

This fix is only on the online version, and will be included on the next offline version.

report: peach is half done still, doubt i'll get any time to work on it today I just spent 15 minutes of time I should have been eating fixing the slider. Time to go eat then do homework, enjoy sliding!

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the hitboxes of Samus' dash attack make a BIG difference in how you should use it.

WoF = Only in 1.0
Well that explains my inability to windmill of fury my friends' marth and sheik...
The slider upgrade was really helpful, thanks and keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, I may be able to do some research if there are any characters who need it. school will most likely be closed tomorrow due to the impending snowstorm so i'd have some free time.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, now that the slider was fixed, its much easier to work with it.

Good luck, and I wish you luck in the future.

PS: I am really hoping for Mario.

petre

Smash Lord
Well, just got the newest patch and the filefront downloads work fine.
Is it just me, or does luigi get invincibility frames at the beginning of his up-b?

EDIT: 100th post!!!!!!!
haha, nobody replied.
yes he does. blue hitboxes are invincible hitboxes. and we like invicible hitboxes, dont we?

EDIT: woah, just noticed, online version, im not getting any of links stuff...is it working for the rest of you? oh, and luigis frames are all white. doc's stuff is fine...

Seanson

Smash Ace
yeah at my friends house some luigi stuff wasnt working (he mains luigi) and I wanted to show him some stuffs but some things didnt work. works fine offline version, so i think maybe the upload didnt work all the way. in fact, i'm almost garunteed that is what the problem is, so i jsut need to upload his frames.

i will get around to it tomorrow morning perhaps, but definately before 3pm CST.

ah yes the slider is good, sadly it was reallly easy to fix. I made apparently After making it wrong, I fixed it right but added in something else that made it wrong in the same way but was unrelated. then i just fixed the obvious error.

I suppose i'll write a little tutorial on how to find individual frames now, should be on the first post in a couple of mins after this post, enjoy!

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Well I'll answer this.
Yellow or yellow-orange bubbles represent your character.
Blue bubbles represent an invincible part of the body or the whole body. For example, in Bowser's up-b as was mentioned, just his limbs become invincible (and invisible) for the attack. However some attacks (example?) give the whole character invinciblity frames.
Red or Orangish-red bubbles represent a normal attack hitbox. Thats the part that does damage and knockback to opponents.
Purple hitboxes are only for grabs. They just show the frames in which a character can be grabbed by the move.

If seanson wants, he can add this to his help section on the website or put it in the first post.

Frame of the day:

Seanson

Smash Ace
I assumed that most people would figure it out. The other colored boxes around a swinging fist would represent a hurt box. Those circles shown for grab attacks would be grab boxes, etc. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have color clarification. I'll add this in sometime in the near future.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Also, bright blue is relective (like the cape, shine, and Ness' bat)
Green is invincible, but still tangible, like after you get off of a recovery platform.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, all of it is easy to tell, except the blue.

Just that I'm the kind of guy who believes in overdoing a program. I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Also, bright blue is relective (like the cape, shine, and Ness' bat)
Green is invincible, but still tangible, like after you get off of a recovery platform.
what do you mean by tangible? in all cases you can still be hit by projectiles (they dont go through you, if that's what you mean). blue is invincible, red is pain, green is special.

some instances of special are respawn invincibility, reflecting (bat, cape, shine). absorbing (psi magnet) is blue for some reason, not sure why, since physical attacks still hurt

petre

Smash Lord
allright peeps, check it out. the first frame of samus's dash attack that there is a hitbox out (number 7 to be precise...) from v1.0 and v1.2.

...so which is which? cant tell? neither could I. well, i do KNOW which one is which version, but i see zero difference. just my opinion.
(in case you were wondering,
the first image is from v1.0 and the second is from v1.2.
)

Top Bottom