• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seanson's Hitbox System v1.0.17.1 (updated june 30)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well since I am unable to film and have nothing else to do, I've been working on making things better/more efficient. I will add a checkbox where if it is checked, the animation will repeat. Thanks for the idea. SHould be very easy to implement and also add to the goodness.

I'm currently bugfixing some new updates that include another dropdown box for variatiosn of moves, ie kirby's side b for in the air or on the ground. also working on preloading, loading the images when you hit the load button and not just the first time you see them (after all, what else does a load button do? :laugh: )

once i get the bonus selection box/preloading/slider bar to be visible, it should be safe to say the coding will be comepletely done! except for fancier graphics, but that isnt the same kind of coding.
Why have a load button at all?

Seanson

Smash Ace
Why have a load button at all?
BAM! It's gone.

I needed it back when I wasnt really bad at coding. Since then I've learned so much, and easily changed it so now it will load the current char/move combination after you have selected the move or the char. I must admit, even I would get annoying because I would forget to hit load between each animation. Now I have an extra button, anyone need it? :laugh:

edit: all these new thigns will be in the next update, as soon as I figure out preloading and the bonusbox repainting

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
another thing you should add to the move description is how long the entire animation lasts.

incredible work though, 100% thumbs up! looking forward to the finished product!

rawr

Seanson

Smash Ace
I decided that there isn't really a need for frame numbers, since if you want to know how long it lasts, all the frames are right there. After it finishes playing (looping disabled) then it stops on the final frame, so that's probably the best way to find out total length.

As for what frames the hitbox occur, I most likely won't add those stats in either. Marth's f-smash for example just play it on 1/8 or 1/16 speed and you'll notice it comes out around 12 or 13, or go frame by frame if you want to see when hitboxes come out. It would just be clutter to say Yoshi's d-air hits frames 11-13 15-7 19-21 23-25 27-29 31-33 35-37. Plus people don't really care for exact frames in the middle of attacks, unless the attack has different parts to it like links down smash. But I will leave it up to the people to find that out.

It may be hard now, but once I can get that lame slider bar to become visible, it shouldhelp frame viewing tremendously.

Report: slider bar is still stumping me, preloading is close, and 'shiek' has been spelled correctly

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I are willing to record some AR frame data for you. A couple of question though.

Is the anyone signed up to record frames for any of the character thus far? And if there is you should post a listing to avoid confusion.

Is there any sort of standard scene set up we should record them in? I read the post about worrying fall the difference in hitbox frames between falling and on falling characters.

Zink

Smash Champion
Update: Mic has told me we have too many stickies already, but he's putting a link in the official thread of official things, and a link under the frame entry in the terms list. CLose enough, eh?

Seanson

Smash Ace
Yeah, too many stickies can get annoying. But thanks for taking that initiative zink. I'm gonna upload newest version right now, so check first post for the updates.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
- Added a 2nd box to select attacks for attacks that have variations. For example Kirby's Side B has 2 different attack, one for air and one for ground. Using this 2nd box I call the bonus box, you can differentiate between varying attacks. So far attacks I know of are Kirby's side b, samus side b, marth side b, roy side b, peach forward smash. let me know if there are any other attacks that can vary.
Not exactly sure if it counts, but Luigi's misfire has a variation on the normal green missile when it occurs. But it could be the same as a fully charged green missile, i can't check, no AR.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Seanson. I just got my AR back from my friend today. I found out how to do everything, but now I must record it. Expect me to send you some character movesets by Monday.

Btw, do I still only do ground moves? Also, I'm going to do Marth, Falco, Kirby, Samus, and Roy.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Marth is already finished by someone else. Other than that, your list looks fine. Yes stick to ground moves because aerials need to be done a special way, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
A good idea would be to make a list of the characters and check them off when they are finished. If they're being worked on by someone, make it a different colored check-mark.

Seanson

Smash Ace
and to clarify as well, I am taking care of

fox
sheik
peach
samus
ness
dr mario
ice climbers
captain falcon

all those chars have been filmed, now I just need to extract them frames (teeeedious) :)

to sushiman you are clear to go on falco and kirby and roy, PM me if you have any questions.

to the public: since there are so many moves to do right now (enough from 8 characters), I will first do moves people want to see specifically, such as some jackets and peach attacks. if theres no suggestions i'll just start from the top of the tier list and go down.

I have all marth attacks recieved, and to have everything in the system it'll just take me about 10 minutes more of work. sadly I dont have much time for now so it may not be until tomorrow evening marth is added in, i'll keep you posted

EDIT: Yes sushiman I have a progress table. but I dont know how much you are doing and such, or how much you want to do. here is the progress table link: http://studentwebs.winona.edu/STKioski5385/ProgressTable.xls

Edit2: sushiman, you can do aerials as long as you dont land during them

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is a great idea; I've been wanting a compilation of hitboxes, but I don't have an AR so I can't see it myself T.T.

By the way, I know you already have a lot on your hands, but what about adding the IASA frame data? It would be interesting to really see the visual hints when you can cancel your attack.

Seanson

Smash Ace
petre: yes doh i must have flubbe the coding and not added dash grabs, but changed grabs to dash grabs. and I just sent you PM that mentioned how I completely forgot dash attacks, but they will be added by the end of the day today.

samochan: good point. sometimes I forget moves that act differently. I usually think of aerial hitboxes as just in the air, but GaW, kirby, pika/pichu, and perhaps more have those special hitboxes if they land while attacking.

for everyone else, let me know if there are more moves like kirby dair where there may be more hitboxes than one may think.

Seanson

Smash Ace
what is/isn't it doing when you try to open it up?

sometimes for me when I try to open it it gets blocked by some popup blocker, but that is only when im running it right off my computer

Zink

Smash Champion
Is there any way to differentiate sweetspots? Like, is it possible to have CF's knee hitbox turn a diferent color during the sweetspot timing, or Marth's tips be different colors from the non-tipper areas?
Keep in mind that attacks like CF/Gdorf's side-B require a character nearby, or the hitbox won't appear.

Seanson

Smash Ace
There is no way in my knowledge to differentiate sweet spots and non sweet spots on hitboxes. This is one reason why I include notes with each attack to let the user get an idea, even if just a general one, about where the sweetspot may be. Falcon's knee for example I wouldp robably just say 'Sweet if hits right away' or something along those lines.

And for falcon's side b, the way it showed up when I filmed it were 3 white circles. I think this occured because it isnt really a hit, it's more like a grab/throw sequence. Correct me though if that's wrong.

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, I saw an AR frame recording of Gdorf's over-B, and it implied there had to be someone present to activate the hitbox.

Seanson

Smash Ace
now that i think about it, falcons side b does have hitbox once it contacts someone. since I dont use falcon in teams much or against more than 1 foe I never realized that it can hit multiple chars, but it makes sense that it should. i didnt record his side b with a person being hit, but i`ll add a space for it, so we can choose so see what it`s like if you odnt hit someone, or if you do.

Announcement: I may be in need of helpers that dont need Action Replay. Currently I have 8 chars movesets on film but it will take a long time to get 8 full movsets into frame form. So if anyone wants to help remove individual frames from some footage let me know via PM. It is pretty easy, just tedious as heck (and time consuming). Essentially the only thing halting progress at this point is extracting the frames.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah i did ganon's side+b earlier, it is 3 white circles at first, and once one of those hits someone the damage dealing hitbox appears...its funny to note that if you dont hit anyone, the white circles dont disappear until the very end of the attack, even after you fall down and are beginning to stand back up...even though you wont attack anyone after you fall down.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just as a note, Marth (and maybe Roy) have two different up+B animations; one for frontal and another for reverse. Also, not all of Marth's attacks may be up; I don't know if it's just my computer, but the side+B All Up and side+B All Down aren't showing up.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, the quality of the first batch I recorded was really bad, so I'm going to have to re-do it later. Sorry for the delay.

EDIT: I just found out that iMovie only plays at 25 FPS. . . that'll be a problem, huh?

Seanson

Smash Ace
as long as you cycle through the frames at less than 25fps, you should be fine. if you make the game run at 25fps, then 0 frames should be lost when you capture. if you record at 40fps but editor only does 25fps, 15 frames for every second will be lost, and that would suck!

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I like it, etc.

Wouldn't Ganon's downB have 2 versions as well? Ground and air? And don't forget how Ganon's downB get a different hitbox when he lands. >_>

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah im working on the rest of ganon right now, i just wanted to get a couple moves in there as fast as possible...
about that marth opposite up+b thing, i hadnt thought of that...i believe mario/dr mario is like that as well. can anyone think of any others like that?

Seanson

Smash Ace
I would like everyone to know I have updated the AID section of the first post, and have added a new position: Researcher.

Researching is the most annoying part about adding attacks, and it requires no extra software/hardware. Read up about it with the short description on post 1, and see if it suits you!

On a side note: fox is fully done except for his dash attack (woohoo!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am having difficulty viewing it now. I am on a different computer than my normal one, but the program loads, I choose a character, and can see their jab animation after a short delay. But after that, I cannot switch from one move to the other. o_O

Seanson

Smash Ace
Can you elaborate more? Keep in mind you can not change attacks while it is playing. Do the dropdown boxes even show up? When you click them does the dropdown portion show up? Does clicking them not do anything? What is your connection speed/Did you choose an attack with a lot of frames (may take a long time to download)?

I read that it drastically slows down a connection if it downloads many small things (frames in this case), so I will eventually pack up the frames so as to speed up connection speeds. I gotta figure out how to do that.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
OMG I just noticed you are missing a few attacks... The fallen down "getting up" attack animation, and the <100% ledge attack and >100% ledge attack.

yeah im working on the rest of ganon right now, i just wanted to get a couple moves in there as fast as possible...
about that marth opposite up+b thing, i hadnt thought of that...i believe mario/dr mario is like that as well. can anyone think of any others like that?
I think Luigi's B-up has three different hitboxes kind of, if that's what you meant. A normal 1% hit, A sweetspotted ground ~25% hit, and a sweetspotted aerial ~17(?) hit.

Seanson

Smash Ace
i'm probably going to leave getting-up attacks out for the time being, since i'm more concerned with attacks you can do on command

Top Bottom