• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS Presents: The Legend of Toasty: Nachos for Giygas! Virginia Beach, VA Feb.20th

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
MAAAAAASSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

H4X and D0N -

I would really like y'all to make something of a Smash Service Announcement, given that you're the SDS and all XD

I want you to remind and encourage people at the tourney to start saving for Apex.

Or at least inform people about it that don't know.

Tell them how amazing Pound was and how this will be a similarly amazing experience, if not better!

And that it's nearly 6 months away and planning/saving is TOTALLY doable.

Start breaking down the numbers amongst yourselves and throwing ideas around; get some carpool ideas set up, too.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
H4X and D0N -

I would really like y'all to make something of a Smash Service Announcement, given that you're the SDS and all XD

I want you to remind and encourage people at the tourney to start saving for Apex.

Or at least inform people about it that don't know.

Tell them how amazing Pound was and how this will be a similarly amazing experience, if not better!

And that it's nearly 6 months away and planning/saving is TOTALLY doable.

Start breaking down the numbers amongst yourselves and throwing ideas around; get some carpool ideas set up, too.
^^this is why toasty is the best!
ill get all over that. apex is too good!

COCMakrobatix

Smash Cadet
this is gonna be tight, i'm stoked to play some video gaamezzzz,,, will be tryin to do some melee money matches if i got some extra cash

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
who doesn't have a team mate? jw.

sk you coming down for real? or naw.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I dont either, but its not like I have the money for it right now, I have like $6 on me and need to get to the bank to withdraw some.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
i can't come anymore. . . someone has the keys to my car so i can't drive until he brings them back. . .

dobee

Smash Apprentice
i cant come. . . someone took my key and i cant get it back until he brings it to me. . .
edit-sorry for the double post im doing it from my phone, but nvm either of them because my mom loves me and is bringing my spare key :)

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Sorry I couldn't stick around for singles.

But, ****, H4x, your D3 has improved a hell of a lot. Like I said before I left, definitely good stuff.

In other news, kadaj and I need to stop SDing lol

D0N

Smash Ace
Doubles
1st - Kadaj&Famous (???&Mario/Luigi)
2nd - D0N&Lynx (DK&Sonic)
3rd - Peach&Pit (not sure of thier tags only chars and faces)

Singles
1st - Kadaj (Marth/MK/???)
2nd - Famous (Mario/Luigi)
3rd - D0N (DK)
4th - Hikuson (Sonic)

H4X has the rest so i guess he'll do a resuults thread or post them later, this is all I remember. I would have had 2nd probobly, but Kadaj let Famous go to grand finals and knocked me out in losers finals after Kadaj put me in losers bracket... Stupid mario mains and thier tricks always screwing over us DKs...

Seems like everyone had fun

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ha alright ya ill make a results thread later on tonight, as well as start getting some videos posted up on youtube. it was a good tourney with a bunch of new faces. we really need to get into the habit of doing this more. so ya, results hopefully some time tonight :D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Good ****, guys!!!

Seriously if it's between 20+, you're doing just fine at this point.

Keep it up.

Also: did you guys find ways to stay in contact with everyone?

I hope so...that way it'll be infinitely easier to inform them about the next event and to keep them updated...

Hell, just start inviting them over to have friendlies or go over to them or whatever...

Everyone just needs to play different people more often, especially newer faces.

The only thing I wanna know is:

Did you actually GET to tell anyone...The Legend of Toasty?

[I'm also curious to know what that story would be like XD]

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
D0N, do you think you could do an event on either 3/13 or 3/27?

I would probably make the drive to attend, along with bringing a few friends

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Good ****, guys!!!

Seriously if it's between 20+, you're doing just fine at this point.

Keep it up.

Also: did you guys find ways to stay in contact with everyone?

I hope so...that way it'll be infinitely easier to inform them about the next event and to keep them updated...

Hell, just start inviting them over to have friendlies or go over to them or whatever...

Everyone just needs to play different people more often, especially newer faces.

The only thing I wanna know is:

Did you actually GET to tell anyone...The Legend of Toasty?

[I'm also curious to know what that story would be like XD]
We got a good number of people, enough so that in a small house it would be hard to move around in.

I dont think we made a sure fire way of keeping up with each other, don't quote me on this though.

I myself am trying to get out more for more exp.

We never had a story told, which is kind of disappointing. Tell us the story next time Donny-boy.
[Actually, I like donny-boy, consider that your nickname now Don.]

D0N

Smash Ace
I like Kage's nickname better. Daddy Don Dollas lol.

Tant I'll see what I can do about that and keep you posted.

Toasty, I did not tell anyone the legend yet. Don't worry though, LoT may be a series with creative sub titles anyway lol. Hikuson seems like he may be a new regular, Kadaj will probly practice with him (as in they have each others numbers), and maybe a few of his friends too. Didn't get Rubberband man's number, but he is always on the boards anyway lol.

I gotta work on advertising more... There were new guys, but 1 out of 7 of my people showed up :urg:. Humble TO beginnings...

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Oh, If you're up to pick me up for friendlies, I'm down for it.
I'm just like Kadaj, always need a ride, lol. I'll PM you my phone number tomorrow. Text me anytime something's up.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Yo, who had that codeset with the amazingly awesome character select screen?

I seriously want it and I can't find it ANYWHERE. Give me please :(

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh, If you're up to pick me up for friendlies, I'm down for it.
I'm just like Kadaj, always need a ride, lol. I'll PM you my phone number tomorrow. Text me anytime something's up.
ok ill do that, just send that pm.

Yo Don I can try and talk to the guy about getting that office building on the 27th. I'll see what i can do tomorrow .

Cant shoot for the 13th cause im going to kansas for a national
do that and call me about what happens.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
results up tomorrow i promise

as well as videos and a sds thread <-- (place where we can keep in contact)

Top Bottom