• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think this would be a good buff for ICs.

Code:
* Nana AI Level *

Affects Nana's AI decisions once separated from Popo.

Nana AI Level = Floor( Popo_Damage / 20)
- if result is greater than 9, it forces 9 for the AI level

Nana is always Lvl 9 (1.02) [Achilles]
040B10FC 60000000

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
When was the last version released?Have not been following much lately.

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
@ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter or @ anyone
1: The format is just "Fat"? Not "Fat16" or "Fat32"? I'm using a Mac and the program I have to use only gives those two options.

2: I got stuck at the Wad step, maybe bc of the SD card I was using. But instead of doing all that, can I just use the iso I'm using for 20XX (or just a vanilla iso), add the files into it, and run it through Nintendont like 20XX?

Doq

Smash Lord
@ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter or @ anyone
1: The format is just "Fat"? Not "Fat16" or "Fat32"? I'm using a Mac and the program I have to use only gives those two options.

2: I got stuck at the Wad step, maybe bc of the SD card I was using. But instead of doing all that, can I just use the iso I'm using for 20XX (or just a vanilla iso), add the files into it, and run it through Nintendont like 20XX?
1. FAT32

2. Yes.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
I updated the first post to now include a SD Remix 3.1 bug list.

By nature of the how these bugs happened and that SD Remix 3.2 is supposed to maintain the exact balance of SDR3.1, these bugs won't be resolved yet.

It's necessary to read the bug list to learn if your match-up against Peach's extremely rare Beam Sword has been affected! ...or something like that.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
I updated the first post to now include a SD Remix 3.1 bug list.

By nature of the how these bugs happened and that SD Remix 3.2 is supposed to maintain the exact balance of SDR3.1, these bugs won't be resolved yet.

It's necessary to read the bug list to learn if your match-up against Peach's extremely rare Beam Sword has been affected! ...or something like that.
Should the buglist include Yoshi's dash attack hitbox removal? I just want to make sure that that's documented somewhere, if not the buglist.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I just got SD Remix today and it is AWESOME!!! I enjoy it a lot more than P:M and I agree with you guys' method of balance a lot more. I really wanna get my friends into this so one day it will have a competitive community, even if it's only side events.

Keep up the good work!
Just curious, dude (and other people can respond), what is it that you like about SDR's balance more than PM?

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Just curious, dude (and other people can respond), what is it that you like about SDR's balance more than PM?
I'm not him, but I prefer SDR's balance because it doesn't make drastic changes to the character so that they retain the same feel that they had in Melee. When I tried Ness in PM, he was really floaty and didn't have the same kinds of mechanics or playstyle, which really unnerved me and turned me off from playing him and PM in general, along with the engine that didn't really work for me. When I tried Ness in SDR, he felt exactly the way I wanted him to (the same way Melee did) and had the same mechanics, tricks, and playstyle that I loved (e.g. double jump cancelling and yo-yo glitch). Another thing is that SDR uses Melee's engine, while PM tries to emulate it, but instead just feels weird.

Last edited:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Freeze hit the nail on the head pretty much. While I do enjoy lots of P:M Melee veterans, I definitely feel like they went overboard with some things (such as Zelda's Dins and Bowser's size). SDR doesn't exaggerate the buffs nearly as much and its balance just feels much smoother.

That and my muscle memory prefers Melee over P:M.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Freeze hit the nail on the head pretty much. While I do enjoy lots of P:M Melee veterans, I definitely feel like they went overboard with some things (such as Zelda's Dins and Bowser's size). SDR doesn't exaggerate the buffs nearly as much and its balance just feels much smoother.

That and my muscle memory prefers Melee over P:M.
But Project M isn't trying to recreate Melee; they want to IMPROVE it. Among other things, it's much easier to shorthop for low prejumplag characters, there's no overly-low meteor stun which makes all but incredibly late-percent meteors useless, AND they're making several characters not only buffed, but require much more technical and mental skill to play.

_glook

But Project M isn't trying to recreate Melee; they want to IMPROVE it. Among other things, it's much easier to shorthop for low prejumplag characters, there's no overly-low meteor stun which makes all but incredibly late-percent meteors useless, AND they're making several characters not only buffed, but require much more technical and mental skill to play.
I think they're way past the point of trying to improve Melee. They have to have realized by now that even with all they've done to the Brawl engine, it'll just never feel like Melee. I think what they're doing with PM now is fine, which is giving it's own identity, as it's own smash game with its own goals, and one that maintains the old motto you used to hear before Brawl, which was "Easy to learn, hard to master".

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think they're way past the point of trying to improve Melee. They have to have realized by now that even with all they've done to the Brawl engine, it'll just never feel like Melee. I think what they're doing with PM now is fine, which is giving it's own identity, as it's own smash game with its own goals, and one that maintains the old motto you used to hear before Brawl, which was "Easy to learn, hard to master".
Nothing is impossible with ASM hacking. I assure you, PMDev is doing all they can to make PM closer and closer to Melee.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Nothing is impossible with ASM hacking. I assure you, PMDev is doing all they can to make PM closer and closer to Melee.
Actually, that's not completely true. Sure, they want it to be like Melee, but they also want to make it their own thing. Last I heard they finally fixed the 1 frame of physics delay, so thank goodness for that. I'm really looking forward to 3.6.

Last edited:

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Actually, that's not completely true. Sure, they want it to be like Melee, but they also want to make it their own thing. Last I heard they finally fixed the 1 frame of input lag, so thank goodness for that. I'm really looking forward to 3.6.
They fixed the 1-frame lag? Please give a source on that cause that would be incredible. Also looking forward to seeing SD Remix evolve even more!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Actually, that's not completely true. Sure, they want it to be like Melee, but they also want to make it their own thing. Last I heard they finally fixed the 1 frame of input lag, so thank goodness for that. I'm really looking forward to 3.6.
What I mean is that they're trying to make the engine as close a recreation of Melee as possible (aside from more meteor stun), but they're definitely doing their own thing.

Oddly, while they do change Melee's top tiers, they do so barely. SDR doesn't change it at all.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
They fixed the 1-frame lag? Please give a source on that cause that would be incredible. Also looking forward to seeing SD Remix evolve even more!
I'll see if I can find the page, but somebody mentioned it when N64 mode was leaked. (Yeah, the April fools thing is apparently getting in, which is pretty cool). This is just speculation though (I think), so wait until an official announcement before anything's set in stone.
(By the way when I said input lag, I goofed. I mean the 1 frame of physics delay.)

It's an 1 frame delay on movement of all things physic related as Brawl only starts to apply momentum one frame after.

I have no information right now if exceptions exist, but it is why short double lasering with Fox for example is easier as you have one extra frame before landing again. Investigation on the causes of it are constant, but I cannot give you a confirmation if it will be removed or not.
This was from a year ago^

Last edited:

_glook

@ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter & @ _glook _glook : So how far are we off from the release of 3.2?
I can't give you an exact date, but both SDR 3.2 and SDR 3.2 Lite are in alpha testing. My hope is that we can get it stable sometime soon, but like with Project M 3.6's issues, I can't promise that it'll come out in any given time frame, since we're still running into crashes as stuff.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I can't give you an exact date, but both SDR 3.2 and SDR 3.2 Lite are in alpha testing. My hope is that we can get it stable sometime soon, but like with Project M 3.6's issues, I can't promise that it'll come out in any given time frame, since we're still running into crashes as stuff.
If you need people to do Beta testing on 3.2 Lite later on (assuming that that's the memory card version) I am definitely in! I'd just need some help on porting it to the memory card initially.

_glook

If you need people to do Beta testing on 3.2 Lite later on (assuming that that's the memory card version) I am definitely in! I'd just need some help on porting it to the memory card initially.
Thanks, but I'm not really the one to make that decision. I'm pretty sure SDR Lite has gone from "unofficial offshoot" to "official offshoot" so you'd really need to talk to sdremix_troubleshooter about that. I can still help with the initial setup, though (you just need the homebrew GCMM for the Wii, which is pretty easy to use).

Quillion

Smash Hero
In light of the new auto-L-cancelling feature for Project M, I would like to ask you, project leader @ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter , and programmers @ _glook _glook and I guess @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 :...

DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT IN. THANK YOU.

But go right ahead with the alternate stage loader, _glook. That's awesome.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice

Achilles1515

Smash Master
In light of the new auto-L-cancelling feature for Project M, I would like to ask you, project leader @ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter , and programmers @ _glook _glook and I guess @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 :...

DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT IN. THANK YOU.

But go right ahead with the alternate stage loader, _glook. That's awesome.
It has been in the 20XX pack since version 3.00...

Quillion, don't stress out so much about **** like this. It's just an option. If anyone is actually interested in competing outside of their friend group, they won't use it.

Besides, if I were to ever be doing heavy frame data lab work, I'd put this option to use and be thankful that it is available so that I wouldn't have to worry about remembering to L-cancel moves when observing things frame by frame.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I feel auto L canceling should be implemented.I mean if you don't like it turn it off, some people will use it.

Quillion

Smash Hero
It has been in the 20XX pack since version 3.00...

Quillion, don't stress out so much about **** like this. It's just an option. If anyone is actually interested in competing outside of their friend group, they won't use it.

Besides, if I were to ever be doing heavy frame data lab work, I'd put this option to use and be thankful that it is available so that I wouldn't have to worry about remembering to L-cancel moves when observing things frame by frame.
I know it's in 20XX. That's the whole reason why I don't want you to put it in SDR.

_glook

SD Remix was at BAM 14 (Bay Area Monthies 14). Here's the grand finals between Bardull and Ralph:
It's using SD Remix 3.2, which is why the stage select screen looks different.

I'll be filling in the playlist as I upload them. I'll post the full playlist once I've uploaded everything.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Hey @ _glook _glook how do you set up tourneys like that? I was thinking of organizing one in the MD/VA area once 3.2 Lite was released.

_glook

I have a friend with contacts with the local community. He introduced me to the BAM crew and I talked to them about getting an SD remix side event there. The one at Berkeley was done as part of a joint effort between current and alumni smash clubs.

I also have three setups (of varying quality), so that helps a bit, but sometimes my friends bring setups, which helps out.

I would recommend you get familiar with bracket running software. If you have internet, I would recommend using Challonge along with the Challonge Match Display software. If you don't have interet at the venue, TioPro will do as a backup plan. I usually bring my laptop with these programs to run the tourney.

As far as recording, I use a Hauppauge external usb tv tuner. I normally run it on the same laptop.

I normally rely on garpr for seeding, but that can be a problem if you don't have internet. I'll then usually rely on freinds or smashers to let me know who's good.

Other than that, there's the ruleset to create and the information sheets. I've found that people often have questions about sd remix, and so I usually at least have a paper on a cardboard stand saying what sdr is, a copy of the changelist, and a copy of the ruleset. I can post my material that I used if you want.

If you have enough help, you can also set up a station to help people set up sd remix on their systems. With sdr lite, this would probably involve making sure they've got the right version of smash for the save file.

Quillion

Smash Hero
SD Remix was at BAM 14 (Bay Area Monthies 14). Here's the grand finals between Bardull and Ralph:
It's using SD Remix 3.2, which is why the stage select screen looks different.

I'll be filling in the playlist as I upload them. I'll post the full playlist once I've uploaded everything.
Geez, @ _glook _glook , don't be using an alpha build for a tournament.

Unless it's suddenly beta while my back is turned (since I'm at the point of rather playing something that isn't Smash right now).

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Geez, @ _glook _glook , don't be using an alpha build for a tournament.

Unless it's suddenly beta while my back is turned (since I'm at the point of rather playing something that isn't Smash right now).
I think it's beta now. I'm helping squash bugs!

Last edited:

_glook

So if 3.2 is at least tournament-functional, are we nearing release?

Don't forget to talk to @SmashCapps about the front page.
"Nearing release" is a hard term to use in software engineering. There's a saying in the industry that it takes 20% of your time to do the first 80%, but it takes 80% of your time to do the last 20%. It's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's definitely grounded in truth.

In actuality, it's been "near release" for a while now, but getting it actually fully deploy-able is the hard part. My hope is that SDR Lite for v1.02 is ready within the next two weeks, assuming no other issues are found. SDR Lite v1.00 will be sometime after that (I don't currently have plans to port over to v1.01 due to the small number of users). I can't really give you an estimate of SDR Full.

That being said, it's notoriously hard to keep promises on release dates in software, which is why I've avoided giving dates, especially with work obligations that are current and also coming up for me. Case in point is the PM 3.6 delay.

That being said, I do want to get it released as soon as possible.

Edit: And yes, as soon as we're ready to release the full SDR, we'll be contacting SmashCapps again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom