• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
That's funny, I once dropped my wii off a couple feet onto a hard floor also, and I also have successfully installed homebrew. Therefore dropping your wii must be a legitimate way of installing homebrew.
I broke my 10 year old copy of Melee doing this. Not happy.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
can I install the wads for both lite and regular DIOS MIOS? im not sure which loading method i'm going to stick with yet.

EDIT: Couldn't wait to start playing so I just went with lite but I still wouldn't mind knowing in case I want to use USB in the future. Anyways, got everything working just fine and had a little time to play around. How do you view hitboxes/hurtboxes in debug mode btw?

Also, what do I have to uninstall to be able to use disks again?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
wat
what are you responding to?
I did neither of those as it doesn't say to in the guide unless you're having issues, and it worked fine.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Ironically, if for USB method AFAIK, by installing DIOS MIOS and then installing those two files has allowed me to play both retail and via USB. When starting a retail disc via Disc Channel, the DIOS MIOS logo will appear, but nothing more than that, and you can play normally. Have it this way on my Wii, and discovered it by accident.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Ironically, if for USB method AFAIK, by installing DIOS MIOS and then installing those two files has allowed me to play both retail and via USB. When starting a retail disc via Disc Channel, the DIOS MIOS logo will appear, but nothing more than that, and you can play normally. Have it this way on my Wii, and discovered it by accident.
Same here.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The same applies to Dios-Mios-Lite. The only reason you'd have uninstall DML/DM to play retail games is if the game in question has compatibility problems with the programs to begin with.

I experienced hanging during transition scenes in Twilight Princess (GC) and Tales of Symphonia, but not games like Pokemon Colosseum (JP; idk if it matters though) or the Zelda Collector's Disc (only tried Majora's Mask though).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Will an SDHC card work with DIOS MIOS lite? Can I install the .wads for both DIOS MIOS lite and DIOS MIOS at the same time? If not, is it safe to simply delete the -Lite.wad and install the USB version? Can DIOS MIOS detect multiple partitions on a USB drive?

Sorry if that's a lot to respond to. I can't afford to buy anything else, you see; trying to make as much as I can out of a few 2gig SD cards (already wasted 10$ on a sandisk SD card when all i had to do was drop my wii lol), a 16gig SDHC card, and a 250gig hard drive I salvaged from a laptop that broke down (which I hooked up to a USB apparatus, deleted the partitions for, and now have it free for storage). Yeah the 2gig cards will work for sure and that's what I've used for just SDR since I got it running, but I only have 3 of them and want to start using DIOS MIOS for all my GC games, as well as USB loading for all my Wii games. I also kinda wanted to have all my games in one place, or at most divide wii games and GC games onto USB and SD respectively. So those SD cards won't do the job. Idk yet if the SDHC will work. The file system and size allocations required by SD remix as stated on the first page don't appear to be supported by configurable usb loader from reading their thread on gbatemp (I could be wrong there though) and if that's the case, I couldn't use both on the same drive without partitioning it, and I don't know if DIOS MIOS supports multiple partitions.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure SDHC cards work with DML. No you can't install both at the same time (they replace one another).

I'm pretty sure you'll have to create partitions for DM, but I'm not sure if the loader supports multiple partitions either.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
The file system and size allocations required by SD remix as stated on the first page don't appear to be supported by configurable usb loader from reading their thread on gbatemp (I could be wrong there though)
Wrong. as . ****. I use CFG for ALL my GC games. You just have to grab a certain version that supports DML and, by consequence, DM. Here, have it. Just make sure to enable DM.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So, I'm interested in this, but I was wondering if there's a comprehensive changelog anywhere? Basically, I'm sure it'll be easy to figure out right away things that have been noticeably altered, but anything that has been fine tuned, like slight knockback increase/trajectory change or whatever would be nice to be able to see laid out.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
So, I'm interested in this, but I was wondering if there's a comprehensive changelog anywhere? Basically, I'm sure it'll be easy to figure out right away things that have been noticeably altered, but anything that has been fine tuned, like slight knockback increase/trajectory change or whatever would be nice to be able to see laid out.
Here, man.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I THINK I've almost got this set up to play both wii and gc games from my usb drive... is switching to DM as simple as going into wad manager and installing the USB .wad instead? That's the impression I got viet said they overwrite each other, but i don't want to mess anything up, just wanted to ask to be sure.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
yup, ju
I THINK I've almost got this set up to play both wii and gc games from my usb drive... is switching to DM as simple as going into wad manager and installing the USB .wad instead? That's the impression I got viet said they overwrite each other, but i don't want to mess anything up, just wanted to ask to be sure.
Yup. Just like that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Got SDR to load off of USB. Thanks for the help everyone, especially vietgeek and gunblaze. Haven't managed to load a wii game yet, but I've probably got it in the wrong format. I'll figure it out though.

Pac-Man Vs.

Smash Rookie
Patch your SSBM v1.00 ISO to SD Remix Demo 2 with this ImageDiff patch. If you don't have a v1.00 ISO, patch your copy to v1.00 with this.

If you don't have ImageDiff, get it from here or here.

---

To the creators: Please mirror this ImageDiff patch somewhere. It takes forever to manually patch the ISO.

How's this for a frequently asked question: what is SSBM SD Remix? You answer this question on every page except for the places one would expect: the first page of this thread and the "changelog" link.

The changelog only notes character changes. It is very odd. Sure, it's a character patch, but you never ever mention the other changes that you incorporated. I wish you had more introduction to your pile of character subforums, too. It is very confusing for a new user -- and I even had a vague idea of what your hack was about!

I noticed these:
Stage hacks - two of Milun's hacks are used. Yoshi's Island N64 and Green Greens, AKA "Smashville." No texture hacks.
Debug menu - this option replaces tournament select. The menu text is also changed. (The description text at the bottom is unchanged.)
Main.dol edits - default settings are 4 stock / 8 minutes stock match time limit. Items are not disabled by default (I think), but all characters are unlocked and so is random stage select.

One last suggestion. Incororate more of Milun's stage hacks! Most of them are excellent. Bonus points for editing the thumbnail images on the stage select if you modify a stage. I've seen Project Melee do it.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Use GC Tool to Open up the ISO and replace the file "PlPe"

Alternatively, I can send you the ISO patched with the hotfix if you need

E:

Pacman has some really good points. I think, in my opinion, the direction of the project might a "expanded" slightly to create an "updated version of Melee" or Melee 1.1 with the most ambitious goal being a better character balance but also with other goodies like no need for memory card etc.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@Novi I'm not using an ISO I'm using the Gcreex format or w/e that is, the GALE01 folder in a games folder on my USB drive. Where do I put it in there?
EDIT: Saw a file in the root folder with the same name, I'm assuming I replace that, can somebody confirm before I do that so I'm not unintentionally ****ing something up?

While we're on the topic of "Melee 1.1", is the SDR team able to edit the turn around threshold or w/e it's called on character's dash-turnarounds? RAR's were the best tech from brawl and in project m they just make actions out of a run feel so much more smooth. Benefits characters with good reverse approaches. All it would require would be to make the turn threshold 1 for every character instead of 20+ like it is for a lot of characters. Opens up bairs/reverse aerials for characters that don't have good front-facing options as well as turn around WDs, which are nice for reorienting yourself and getting to the ledge slightly quicker in some cases. Doesn't have a drastic effect on gameplay either, but the effect it DOES have is all good and no bad.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@Novi I'm not using an ISO I'm using the Gcreex format or w/e that is, the GALE01 folder in a games folder on my USB drive. Where do I put it in there?
EDIT: Saw a file in the root folder with the same name, I'm assuming I replace that, can somebody confirm before I do that so I'm not unintentionally ****ing something up?

While we're on the topic of "Melee 1.1", is the SDR team able to edit the turn around threshold or w/e it's called on character's dash-turnarounds? RAR's were the best tech from brawl and in project m they just make actions out of a run feel so much more smooth. Benefits characters with good reverse approaches. All it would require would be to make the turn threshold 1 for every character instead of 20+ like it is for a lot of characters. Opens up bairs/reverse aerials for characters that don't have good front-facing options as well as turn around WDs, which are nice for reorienting yourself and getting to the ledge slightly quicker in some cases. Doesn't have a drastic effect on gameplay either, but the effect it DOES have is all good and no bad.
IIRC, it's certainly possible, but it WOULD have a drastic effect on gameplay if you utilize it properly. Fox being able to approach with Bair is a sick, twisted wet dream. :v

I'm still ****ing angry failboards doesn't have all the pokemon emoticon up yet. Or ever. **** Drifblim.

obv :012:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Just wanted to mention, zelda's changes have not been posted in Ripple's post, it says "will do later"

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Among them are the reduction of wavedash length and and a nerfed version of Up B's afterspin.
Hmm, those sound like reasonable design changes.

I was also wondering, is it possible to show pictures of (Melee SDR) hitboxes? because i'm curious on what zelda's Ftilt and Uair look like now.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I seem to be unable to get debug to show those because the game freezes on me when I try. Of course, my wii tends to have issues with all gamecube games... just wish I knew why so I could fix it. Been really wanting to see hitbox changes for myself.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hitbox sizes haven't really been changed except for DK. nearly everything on him is more disjointed or bigger.

zelda's hitboxes on f-tilt and upair aren't changed. it's just faster/stronger respectively. try out neutral b for a noticible size change.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I seem to be unable to get debug to show those because the game freezes on me when I try. Of course, my wii tends to have issues with all gamecube games... just wish I knew why so I could fix it. Been really wanting to see hitbox changes for myself.
You're bad-luck-ridden, man. Hell, the only thing that I have not managed to get to work yet is DIOS MIOS's screenshot capture function; they just won't be created ;_;

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
hitbox sizes haven't really been changed except for DK. nearly everything on him is more disjointed or bigger.

zelda's hitboxes on f-tilt and upair aren't changed. it's just faster/stronger respectively. try out neutral b for a noticible size change.
Then how'd you add the "little disjoint" to Ftilt listed in the demo 1 changelist? Because if all you did was detach the hitbox from the hand "bone" then that didn't really do anything for her at all.

Personally, I would recommend (if possible) making the farthest hitbox a bit bigger and a tiny bit farther out. Because the range on that move is ridiculously bad.

Top Bottom