• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Awesome! thanks and I'm looking forward to testing this :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind giving yoshi a shot. I don't have a modded wii (just a regular one), but Chain-Ace and StriCNYN3 do I think, and if you set them up with it i'd love to test out yoshi vses them. :) I only live 10 minutes from those 2.
chain-ace got the links and I think he got an older build set up but he never replied back saying the patch worked for him. :I

If you have Barlw, I can help you get your Wii hacked in 5 minutes, and running a Melee ISO in 10 (provided the back-up is already on your computer).

So, I'd like to give this one a shot; give some feedback and see how other people compare it to my own project.
Yeah I didn't forget you - you'll be part of this revision testing. :)

Daa

Smash Rookie
I'd like to test too.
I've got a hacked Wii and I'm going to Mod my GC soon.
Btw is it possible to Play this on Dolphin too? Since I want to play with my Brother and don't have a second good GCC (would be possible to play on the Wii without Problems with a ****ty one but more fun with dolphin and USB-Controllers ^^)

JAPF

Smash Rookie
I had the honor of being able to test this mod at SR: Melee Grande, and i must say i was quite pleased with it.
Link, my low tier main felt so smooth and quick and less bulcky.
Also enjoyed the other "buffed" chars alot, the low tier was actually fun to play now!
Will be looking into this with big eyes into the future.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Good thing this mod is gaining popularity.

Because it deserves every bit of it.

I'll have videos from Smasher's Reunion up ASAP

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I really would love to playtest this, but unfortunately I don't have anything for it other than a controller here at college :(. I do have a lot of Yoshi knowledge and some pretty good Ness knowledge though.

EDIT: Also, why aren't we using the PAL version? That one's the most balanced overall in my opinion. Not that it would matter if you can change everything it changed in this, though :).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
EDIT: Also, why aren't we using the PAL version? That one's the most balanced overall in my opinion. Not that it would matter if you can change everything it changed in this, though :).
no because

1. No one like PAL version changes to top tiers. not even europeans

2. 1.0 is the only version that helps zelda, samus, bowser, Y.link. PAL takes away certain things that they need like SDI multihit moves, flame cancel, extender, or the recovery glitch with y.link.

3. also we can go from 1.0 to PAL but not the other way around.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
no because

1. No one like PAL version changes to top tiers. not even europeans

2. 1.0 is the only version that helps zelda, samus, bowser, Y.link. PAL takes away certain things that they need like SDI multihit moves, flame cancel, extender, or the recovery glitch with y.link.

3. also we can go from 1.0 to PAL but not the other way around.
Oh, I see. Thanks!

Also, if this hasn't been thought of yet, I suggest increasing Yoshi's vertical ledge grab range because it's atrocious (if possible, of course).

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah, there is already some experimentation on alternatives. The problem does lie in the fact that any solutions to try to completely maintain Sheik's follow-up game while severely nerfing the chaingrab may result in new follow-ups like sweetspot Usmash or even CGs on fastfallers at death percents.

Sheik is basically harder to "fix" than any low tier because the issue is not just the chaingrab. The chaingrab itself, including its remedies, each have their own issues. If the mentality was to nerf Sheik, PAL Dthrow would've been done and we'd call it a day. The fact that we're striving for something more ambitious means a lot of guesswork and man-hours on our end.

SD Remix is also at Tipped Off 8 but no stream. :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Last I heard, project M switched her throw to PAL stats

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

we cand't change animation speed so we can't do what they did

darkatma

Smash Hero
imo a good mod never nerfs a character, it only buffs other characters to become more viable.

things should not be done to the top 6 on the tier list because they are good enough, but modifications should be applied to the characters worse off to make them more balanced. Working on the worst characters first is probably the easiest way to accomplish that.

Of course, the repercussions of changing the game won't be figured out until many many versions later probably

One easy thing to change for zelda is to make her grab come out on the same frame as everyone elses's

edit: pal sheik's throw was a good change, but did anyone ever consider ganon? he has almost the same amount of chaingrabbable characters as sheik

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I was talking to my friends about Sheik's newest change with the throw and we all agreed that Sheik should have other tools fighting against floaties than a gay throw that grants you a free fair & not to mention ruins the game by a really lame and easy chainthrow that destroys some characters. PAL dhtrow on Sheik is much better than NTSC, it's more balanced and not to mention fun. Also, it's not gay.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@darkatma yeah we did that: yo zelda is hella legit now

and other than sheik dthrow (which could be considered its own character) i don't think ANY of us have an interest in nerfing the top NTSC echelon.

But NTSC Sheik mains are people too, so one must understand that it is not quite fair to choose a strictly heterosexual or strictly homosexual throw; it is in the best interest of both parties to try to seek something in the middle: like a metrosexual Dthrow.

obv :012:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Ganon's chaingrab's are good, but not as good as Sheik. The exceptions to that are Fox and Falco, who he can throw from a low % (it's around 20 for Falco and 35 for Fox, but don't quote me on that) to death. It's a lot tougher to do than any of Sheik's chain grabs, though. Except for the last few percentages, but at that point, a Fair + edgeguard would kill anyway, and be easier.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have found the perfect metro throw. after hours today of experimenting

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
and other than sheik dthrow (which could be considered its own character) i don't think ANY of us have an interest in nerfing the top NTSC echelon.
Maybe reduce Fox's U-smash by 1% or something. I just think an uncharged smash that is basically a guaranteed kill on pretty much everyone in the game around 80% is too broken to be on such a fast character who can combo into it. It wouldn't even hurt his playstyle at all.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hrm well I'd be interested in helping test low tiers if you guys want

I have fairly good game knowledge and my own ideas for some of the low tiers, but I'd be interested in seeing what you guys have done.

Also my wii is already homebrewed so it'd be easy to dl/burn

edit: do you guys have a consolidated list of changes? I'm just interested in knowing what's different

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well you've been invited to our not-so-secret hideaway so you could just download the latest released build and there's a giant changelist in there.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm moving into my dorm on the 9th, and we have some good players at my university (for example, arguably the best non-Esam Brawl player in the State, who also plays Melee. Plus, PP's only going to be an hour and a half away). Anyway, I might be able to do some good testing for you at that point.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm moving into my dorm on the 9th, and we have some good players at my university (for example, arguably the best non-Esam Brawl player in the State, who also plays Melee. Plus, PP's only going to be an hour and a half away). Anyway, I might be able to do some good testing for you at that point.
Sounds ****ing hype. Although Dr. PP didn't like SD Remix when he tried it at Smasher's Reunion apparently so *shrug*

Jazzed

Smash Rookie
I would be extremely interested in helping out. I am by no means a top level player, but I have been dedicated to playing Melee and improving at it for the past 2 years. Game design is also a very strong interest of mine and I could guarantee regular feedback and commitment to the project.

However, what is the exact legality of this project? For instance, Project:M requires a legal copy of Brawl and can be played without a hacked Wii. Would this project be able to become popular despite potentially requiring an illegal version of the game in addition to a hacked Wii? This is just a thought.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
as long as you own a physical copy of melee, its legal.

even if you don't are you really going to stop because of that?

Jazzed

Smash Rookie
Nah, it wouldn't stop me. lol. I am extremely interested in helping with the project.

How do I sign up, btw?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You talk to me of course~

But in this case, I'll take the initiative from here on out.

So I would be talking to you? Laugh.

obv :012:

Top Bottom