• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm glad you guys kept in mind that Pichu is supposed to be the Joke Character (Dan Hibiki definition) of Melee, yet still made him effective.
He's so far from a joke in this game though, oh my god. He's actually REALLY good.

Still has that joke vibe to him but honestly he's in the upper half of the cast IMO.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just in the nick of time, the hero finally appears: http://meleesdr.blogspot.com/2014/12/sdr-character-preview-19-captain-falcon.html

Note: New Year's Eve post will be the final post on the SD Remix Development Blog until further notice.
Hey Vietgeek, did you watch Balanced Brawl when you were designing SDR Falcon?

Look at this. Falcon can act out of Falcon Kick just like in this mod, except that in BB, you can only do specials out of the end lag instead of having very little end lag. Also, a connected Raptor Boost doesn't make you helpless.

jzk

Smash Rookie
First off, thanks to the SD Remix team for all their work.

I have tried following the steps in the guide for creating an ISO for Dolphin. I have been able to get a working ISO that has altered stages and animations for characters. Haven't gone too deep into character changes so it's hard to tell if those mechanics have been modified. What's bugging me is that I am not getting the SD Remix title screen, or the "melee" button change to SD Remix, or any of the option changes (rumble, no items, etc). I don't know what else has not been changed and I can't tell if I am getting the full SD Remix experience. Could use some help :(

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I've actually been working on SDR in my own time again.

I gave sheik a new f-smash

Falcon has a new up-smash (his 64 up-smash)

a reworking of bowser's and yoshi's hurtboxes.

and I was recently looking into if I could make RAR possible in melee with specific characters
This is hella late but I remember reading somewhere that animations couldn't be created new or something when it came to modding Melee. Is that false? Cause IDK where you'd get Falcon's 64 USmash from besides making it on its own...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that's true, I just swapped animations, but gave stuff some FSMs so they don't look familiar.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
for ganon's up-tilt I used side-b but for Falcon I used something else

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hey, that reminds me...

Wasn'nt one of the goals to bring the characters up to participate with the top tiers and leave the top tier unchanged? Why are you breaking that vow?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
falcon is hardly considered a top tier.

and sheik was just because I can

and because things change like how PM doen't stand for melee anymore

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that reminds me...

Wasn'nt one of the goals to bring the characters up to participate with the top tiers and leave the top tier unchanged? Why are you breaking that vow?
Nothing Ripple is experimenting with is set in stone yet. Currently, the official build of SD Remix has no plans to alter top tiers.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd also like it if Falcon had his 64 F-smash as well. Probably not possible anyways, but it'd be hella OP, given the range, speed, and fakeout distance it had in 64.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What if you changed f-tilt to f-smash? Then give it a flame hit mod.
Perhaps, but the minute details would be lost. 64 F-smash is a back kick, which consists in spinning around (he has the coolest spin around too) and doing a side kick (thrust with the blade of the foot facing up), meanwhile f-tilt is a round house, and has the angle formed by his back and leg on the ground as far more obtuse, thus lending to deficiency in how the range looks.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Perhaps, but the minute details would be lost. 64 F-smash is a back kick, which consists in spinning around (he has the coolest spin around too) and doing a side kick (thrust with the blade of the foot facing up), meanwhile f-tilt is a round house, and has the angle formed by his back and leg on the ground as far more obtuse, thus lending to deficiency in how the range looks.
Sounds like the grounded Falcon Kick animation could work as a suitable substitute.

What's the deal with Melee animation data, anyway? Is it compressed in a very cryptic way?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sounds like the grounded Falcon Kick animation could work as a suitable substitute.

What's the deal with Melee animation data, anyway? Is it compressed in a very cryptic way?
Actually, yeah, it does look like it! Except, with his other leg folded down, and him standing on it. And there's no spinny stuff, but whatever :p

Aye, what's the dealio with Melee's animations?
As a personal gripe, it confounds me that companies don't just release the source code and whatever many years afterwards. It takes little effort and builds some huge bridges.
Games like Total Annihilation and Melee have already had amazing developments in modding regardless. It's a real shame we can't push stuff further and easier.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Actually, yeah, it does look like it! Except, with his other leg folded down, and him standing on it. And there's no spinny stuff, but whatever :p

Aye, what's the dealio with Melee's animations?
As a personal gripe, it confounds me that companies don't just release the source code and whatever many years afterwards. It takes little effort and builds some huge bridges.
Games like Total Annihilation and Melee have already had amazing developments in modding regardless. It's a real shame we can't push stuff further and easier.
We know that Brawl's animation data was located in discreet, clear files, so PSAs were relatively easy there. I'm willing to predict that Smash U might have a similar file structure since it has a lot more room.

Melee's data was probably compressed because the mini-DVDs are really small memory-wise. And let's not forget that Iwata did some work on it. This is the same guy that compressed the half-done Pokémon Gold and Silver to the point that the development team was able to incorporate Kanto when he was done.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Melee animations are clearly located in the plXXaj.dat but no one knows how to decipher them

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I think I asked this awhile ago, but I'm hoping you guys could help me with a small idea here. Is there a way I could go about making a 20XX Hack Pack/SD Remix Wombo Combo Melee ISO Boogaloo? (I would legitimately name it this by the way...)
IE: Would I run into any problems if I were take the character files from SD Remix and throw them in with the Hack Pack replacement set while the ISO is being rebuilt? Would this work by any stretch of the imagination?

Doq

Smash Lord
I think I asked this awhile ago, but I'm hoping you guys could help me with a small idea here. Is there a way I could go about making a 20XX Hack Pack/SD Remix Wombo Combo Melee ISO Boogaloo? (I would legitimately name it this by the way...)
IE: Would I run into any problems if I were take the character files from SD Remix and throw them in with the Hack Pack replacement set while the ISO is being rebuilt? Would this work by any stretch of the imagination?
It would for sure, it just wouldn't be 100% SD Remix, because of the Animation speed changes, and that SDR is 1.00 while 20XX is 1.02

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
It would for sure, it just wouldn't be 100% SD Remix, because of the Animation speed changes, and that SDR is 1.00 while 20XX is 1.02
With the trick discovered to add more files to the iso, couldn't they make duplicate files for character edits from SD Remix (different animation speed), and load the alternate one if SD Remix is activated?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
With the trick discovered to add more files to the iso, couldn't they make duplicate files for character edits from SD Remix (different animation speed), and load the alternate one if SD Remix is activated?
That...actually sounds like a legitimately cool idea.
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , ya gotta pitch this to the 20XX guys some time, something good is brewing here.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the animation speed changes are not located in the character files.

ergo, not gonna happen like that

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I really like playing Mario and Dr. Mario in this, the more I do the more I appreciate the buffs and changes.

Specifically I love how their recoveries have been changed, mainly Doc's. Mario clearly has favorable horizontal recovery compared to Doc (much better) allowing him to go further out with his stronger killing Bair, but Dr. Mario has much better vertical recovery than Mario with his Doc Nado, which works with his kit, specifically his Bair (semi-spike angle is really good for low recovery gimps!)

The more I play the more I love.

EDIT: Also Imma go super deep on Pichu as he's my new SDR main.

What does Pichu have now? Well....
- Much better neutral with a great dashdance
- Really good wavedash
- Incredible max air speed
- A set of amazing aerials that all serve very specific purposes.
- An incredible amount of gimping potential and strong offstage presence.

I think he's okay vs. spacies (probably loses only slightly) only because of how strong Pichu's punish game vs. them is. If spacies make one mistake and commit they are probably gonna get 0 death'd or at least eat a huge combo and put offstage (then promptly gimped ESPECIALLY if Falco). I think the only thing keeping this little gremlin out of the top tier is chars with strong range and maybe floaties. Just IMO. I also think he beats Falcon pretty clean thanks to how he handles fastfallers and how he's super duper short.

Also I've tried using a GCT file to get Widescreen support workin g(even with the 1.0 code) but it doesn't seem to load up proper. Do I have to do a .dol injection or?

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Also I've tried using a GCT file to get Widescreen support workin g(even with the 1.0 code) but it doesn't seem to load up proper. Do I have to do a .dol injection or?
Have you tried other GCT files with Dios Mios before? I remember the widescreen code working with SD Remix (although it may've been an old code, not sure if there's a new one around).

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I tried GCT's with Vanilla Melee and they seemed to work pretty fine. Maybe it's because I technically have 2 melee ISOs on my SD (one for 20XX and one for SD Remix)? The cheat file is in the proper folder, named GALE01 and everything, and it's using the 1.0 widescreen code with cheats on in Dios Mios.

Any further help would be appreciated, if I could get SDR running widescreen that would literally be the perfect experience.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I tried GCT's with Vanilla Melee and they seemed to work pretty fine. Maybe it's because I technically have 2 melee ISOs on my SD (one for 20XX and one for SD Remix)? The cheat file is in the proper folder, named GALE01 and everything, and it's using the 1.0 widescreen code with cheats on in Dios Mios.

Any further help would be appreciated, if I could get SDR running widescreen that would literally be the perfect experience.
Which one of those ISOs did you rename?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
That...actually sounds like a legitimately cool idea.
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , ya gotta pitch this to the 20XX guys some time, something good is brewing here.
Yes, character files (PlXx.dat) can easily be switched now that we can add files to the ISO. I wrote the new alt costumes/PAL chars code in such a way that I could add in a toggle for the SDR character files in like...20 minutes...if I wanted to. The complex part lies in all the "extra DOL mods" that polish SD Remix. Not only the Frame Speed Mod Engine, but the things like land canceling luigi's fireball, and giving Yoshi his jump out of beginning shield and what not. Things like that all need to be toggleable, and on a specific character basis. I mean, it would be much easier to simply have an "SD Remix : On/Off" toggle in the debug menu where all these DOL mods get enabled/disabled together, but I don't want to take the easy way out. I want SD Remix Pichu to be able to play against vanilla Pikachu, for example. It will be a much more complex thing to accomplish, but worth it in the long run and I DO plan on doing it.

I guess this might be a good time to bring this up as well. Because I plan on making SDR toggleable per character at the CSS, there would be no harm in creating modified player files for the top tiers due to their vanilla version always being available. Also Giga Bowser, and Wireframes. The only thing I had in mind for the Fox/Falco player files right now is the shine swap versions for funsies. So if someone wants to work on this...

And, btw, I converted Magus' FSM Engine to 1.02 back in October.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-52#post-17696090

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yes, character files (PlXx.dat) can easily be switched now that we can add files to the ISO. I wrote the new alt costumes/PAL chars code in such a way that I could add in a toggle for the SDR character files in like...20 minutes...if I wanted to. The complex part lies in all the "extra DOL mods" that polish SD Remix. Not only the Frame Speed Mod Engine, but the things like land canceling luigi's fireball, and giving Yoshi his jump out of beginning shield and what not. Things like that all need to be toggleable, and on a specific character basis. I mean, it would be much easier to simply have an "SD Remix : On/Off" toggle in the debug menu where all these DOL mods get enabled/disabled together, but I don't want to take the easy way out. I want SD Remix Pichu to be able to play against vanilla Pikachu, for example. It will be a much more complex thing to accomplish, but worth it in the long run and I DO plan on doing it.

I guess this might be a good time to bring this up as well. Because I plan on making SDR toggleable per character at the CSS, there would be no harm in creating modified player files for the top tiers due to their vanilla version always being available. Also Giga Bowser, and Wireframes. The only thing I had in mind for the Fox/Falco player files right now is the shine swap versions for funsies. So if someone wants to work on this...

And, btw, I converted Magus' FSM Engine to 1.02 back in October.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-52#post-17696090
Ah man, so you do plan on doing this? :D

I need a heads up once a preview of this is out, I've been juggling 3 different USB's with different versions of Melee: 2OXX, SD Remix, and Project M (We counts 'dis at my locals.), so narrowing it down to 2 would be damn tight. Also....oh sweet lord above me, that debug menue, those shield colors, random music....I love all of it.

Edit: No rush tho.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
if SD Remix chars became a part of 20XX I'd lose my ****. Really really hard.

Just because Pichu is my jam in SDR. Definitely a character I never knew I wanted as bad as I did.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah as soon as SDR becomes a part of 20XX it will take off, just the improved accessibility will be an enormous boon.

MysticRayquazard23

Smash Rookie
NNID
2Mystical4U
Switch FC
SW 7239 4605 8400
Does anyone have this problem where the camera is set to a certain player? It's working out fine for me when I first created the file, but after maybe a week or so, it started doing this to me for some reason...

Also forgot to mention that after playing for some time, the game will eventually freeze.

Last edited:
Top Bottom