• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Some videos from a smashfest a couple of days ago: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpheeULjhdrUA-jkkioB9_moP7DfDS4UU

People generally seemed to like it. The game and watch player mentioned that neutral B no longer stops vertical momentum like shine does, which makes it harder to gimp people off stage.

I think the easiest way to generate interest is to promote it at side events as a replacement for low-tier tournaments, except better because you can still use your top tiers exactly the same.

I also hope the SD Media Launcher thing works out, as that should make it easier for people to set it up (just a 40 dollar investment once you have a copy of the game and it potentially works on Gamecube).

Edit: So the SD Media Launcher does in fact work, except it doesn't work on my Cube. I got it first week, so that might be why. I think right now, this is probably the least invasive way to get SD Remix to work, though the Wii homebrew way is easier.

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Looked at some of the footage and really enjoyed it! That GnW forward throw -> 9 on Pichu was pretty funny.

School and whatnot have been a bit of a handful, but I should be able to get a few blog posts and maybe some video footage up before the end of the month. Probably covering the villain characters this time around.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Does anyone have a copy of the GALE01 folder, or possibly even a copy of the whole mod itself? Running Ubuntu, I cannot extract the GALE01 Folder from my ISO.

Last edited:

e018s

Smash Rookie
I am super impressed by everything in this. What really catches my eye are stuff like animation changes and hitbox changes. My question is, does this team have the tools to ADD characters to the game? As much as I like PM, I have always thought "What I really want is the brawl characters to be in real melee, not the other way around!" Does anyone have any insight on this? That would be nuts.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a copy of the GALE01 folder, or possibly even a copy of the whole mod itself? Running Ubuntu, I cannot extract the GALE01 Folder from my ISO.
Are you intending on running SDR on the Wii or on Dolphin?

Sorry, Melee hacking is not quite advanced enough to do that. SD Remix would not be the project to consider adding new characters either.

...you could say SDR Pichu is sorta a new character, no? :p

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Are you intending on running SDR on the Wii or on Dolphin?

Sorry, Melee hacking is not quite advanced enough to do that. SD Remix would not be the project to consider adding new characters either.

...you could say SDR Pichu is sorta a new character, no? :p
My Wii. If it helps to know, I have it modded for several things (I run Brawl/P:M and Xenoblade via USB and Neogamma/HBC respectively) because the disc drive is broken, so if I need that to be working (which I'm gathering I don't because otherwise I wouldn't need the ISO?) I have a second Wii, but it's not modded and I intend to keep it as such unless I absolutely have to in order to get this to work.

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
You don't need the disc drive to work for SD Remix. I do suggest that you install the homebrew applications needed to run SD Remix in the mean time (although I suspect you've probably installed most of them except for the custom Mios at this point).

Expect a PM sometime in the next day or two.

_glook

I think there were a few errors in the visual changelist I did, so I went back and tested them out. The changes to the (falcon) knee were misinterpreted as being from NTSC to 3.1 when in fact it was from 3.0 to 3.1, so I've gone back and changed some of that.

That being said, during my testing, I couldn't find any differences to the spot dodge for Captain Falcon, though it says the cooldown is reduced by 4. Is this right or am I just going crazy? I set up two instances of the game side by side on my PC and did a spot dodge and held the shield down at 1/4th speed in training mode. It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Edit: Nm, it seems like my standard Melee iso got corrupted with stuff from SD Remix somehow. I don't know how it happened, but it seems it did.

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
This is really cool and I hope it becomes more popular. I think this captures part of what PM tried to do, make bad characters more viable but executes it much better.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
character hit bibblues are offsets with a value between 1 and 6-7.

we didn't remove them, we made the value 0

they are usually somewhere around 7CE8

^ that is where DK's tie hurtbox was and made to be 0

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I absolutely love DK in this. Thank you! :D

also 1,337 post in the tread bwhahaa

Quillion

Smash Hero
When I complete Adventure Mode and beat Giga Bowser with Mario, the game freezes.

Is this a part of the patch or a DIOS MIOS running problem?

_glook

This is awesome. Have you done this for any other characters? DK, maybe? :D
I'd like to, it's mostly a matter of the time I have. I also started looking into the Ice Climbers, and it's clear I'd need to get a better recording program, or maybe a new computer entirely, so that I can record at 60fps. There are some stuff that are one frame different, and my current recording setup at 24fps isn't going to cut it. Fraps can record at 60 fps, but it only records one window at a time, which doesn't really work for what I'm trying to do.
The knockback stuff is also going to be interesting, though I can probably just show opponents getting hit at various percentages to show the differences between Growth, Base, and Set knockbacks.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'd like to, it's mostly a matter of the time I have. I also started looking into the Ice Climbers, and it's clear I'd need to get a better recording program, or maybe a new computer entirely, so that I can record at 60fps. There are some stuff that are one frame different, and my current recording setup at 24fps isn't going to cut it. Fraps can record at 60 fps, but it only records one window at a time, which doesn't really work for what I'm trying to do.
The knockback stuff is also going to be interesting, though I can probably just show opponents getting hit at various percentages to show the differences between Growth, Base, and Set knockbacks.
If you use dolphin, go to Graphics > Advanced Tab > Dump Frames and you'll get a 60 fps .avi regardless of how fast your computer is. AVIs are huge files so convert it to an mp4 before you upload it to YouTube. I personally use this lightweight program to do that.

Last edited:

_glook

If you use dolphin, go to Graphics > Advanced Tab > Dump Frames and you'll get a 60 fps .avi regardless of how fast your computer is. AVIs are huge files so convert it to an mp4 before you upload it to YouTube. I personally use this lightweight program to do that.
Record vMelee, record SDR, then put them together in Sony Vegas or som'n. If you need help doing that lmk.
It'll be way easier if I can record them together so that I can get the exact same inputs sent to each game so I can show exactly the same situations. That being said, I might have to do a combination of both of your suggestions, dumping the frames while recording at the same time, them syncing them up in Lightworks using like a DVE effect or something.

By the way, thanks for suggesting the Dump Frames thing. I didn't know that option existed. It slows things down considerably, though, so I'm not totally sure about what that'll do to game syncing between the two instances of Dolphin, and I haven't tested dumping the audio yet. But maybe I can mess around with the settings and it'll work out.

Alternatively, if you guys know how to record controller input in Dolphin and play it back so that I can record it and play it back exactly the same on vMelee and SD Remix separately, that would be a huge help. Thanks!

Quillion

Smash Hero
If I may make a suggestion, could you remove the helplessness from Mewtwo's Teleport just like in Project M?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
If I may make a suggestion, could you remove the helplessness from Mewtwo's Teleport just like in Project M?
They've already gotten rid of the hitboxes on the tail, how much more are you talking?
Mewtwo:
- Hurtboxes no longer present on tail
- Spotdodge duration decreased from v3.0: 29 to v3.1: 27 (tied with Marth)
- Bair sweetspot system revised from v3.0 (old vMelee damage values put back into place; tip - weakest, base - strongest)
- NeutralB (Shadow Ball) pre-charge frames reduced from 17 to 10
Edit: I'm ********, I read your post thinking you said Tail and not Teleport. My bad, please disregard anything I have to say. ;_;

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Ah, so this project is intending to do its own thing from Project M? That's understandable.

DRGN

Technowizard
I also really don't like Mewtwo's teleport in PM. It totally ruins my concept of cornering/zoning.

Also, glook, if you want to PM me, I'll explain how you can record and play back inputs. I won't be home 'til late though.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
It'll be way easier if I can record them together so that I can get the exact same inputs sent to each game so I can show exactly the same situations.
You can record inputs on later builds of Dolphin. Play them back on both games.
pe~ I say later with vagueness as I use Dolphin 3.0 still.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
_glook, Develop Debug Mode could help you with showing frame speed mods.

Y+D-Pad Down shows the action state description and current action state frame number.
and then use Start and Z to advance frame by frame.

Not sure if you knew of these features or not.

_glook

Thanks everyone for your help!

@achillies1515: I did know about Debug Mode, and I've mostly been using R+Up to show hitboxes, as that's what the majority of Ice Climbers changes consist of. However, I had no idea that you could frame advance using Z! Thanks!

To everyone else, thanks for the help! I'm using nate's build of Dolphin that has AV Sync. There are issues with controller input and it's slower on my machine than the latest dev (nate's build is based off of 3.x), but at least the sound dump actually syncs up with the frames. I also figured out how to record and play back input, which is really helpful.

$lash

Smash Apprentice
I had my first little Smashfest with 3 other people and had the weekend time to test this game.
Very first of all: This game is amazing. It is exactly that, what i dreamed P:M to be. But with real Melee engine.
It is phenomenal how the characters still work and feel the same way, like they do in Melee, but just more effective.
After playing SD Remix for couple of hours, me playing M2 and my friend Link, switched to melee. We played the same matchup, and where stunned how equaly the fight looked to sd remix. My melee m2 never where that good, but since the very beginning of the match, i played the best m2 i ever played, just because i trained it in sd remix. The same thing happend to my friends Link.
It is like the mod shows you the playstyle of melee chars in an natural way of playing. it is fantastic. great job!
Btw, i absolutly LOVE samus´ Usmash <3
I will play SD Remix on my monthlys as a side event from now on. I can report any bugs and balance issues i find over time.
One think that happend was, that Links arrows, beeing charged in the air and released before he hits the ground, the game froze.
It happend twice, that we stuck at a picture of link wants to shoot my face. might be a bug, or my gamecube froze for no specific reason.

I hate that about PM. Please disregard this.
At first, i thought eleporting like in PM would be cool.
But then i played M2 for a couple of hours and have to admit, that beeing able to move after teleport would make this Character broken. M2 already is one of the strongest characters in this game i feel.
But i was thinking that the P:M float might be interesting, but m2 doesnt need it at all.

Im looking forward to new releases of this game.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
One think that happend was, that Links arrows, beeing charged in the air and released before he hits the ground, the game froze.
It happend twice, that we stuck at a picture of link wants to shoot my face. might be a bug, or my gamecube froze for no specific reason..
Hmm, interesting. I don't think I've ever gotten this to happen to me on the Wii. Perhaps it's a hardware problem related to the Gamecube running homebrew?

When I complete Adventure Mode and beat Giga Bowser with Mario, the game freezes.

Is this a part of the patch or a DIOS MIOS running problem?
I am also not sure what could be the issue here. Did this happen with any other character in Adventure Mode (after beating Giga Bowser)?

----------------------
Speaking of villains, the next development blog post is up. It's about everyone's favorite king of evil: Ganondorf!

http://meleesdr.blogspot.com/2014/10/sdr-character-preview-6-ganondorf.html

Top Bottom