• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

OninO

Smash Journeyman
The issue with Yoshi OoS is that Yoshi suffers only half the shieldstun everyone else suffers. Combine that with jump out of shield and you get nasty results. Great for Yoshi though!
Is shieldstun a difficult property to modify? Or does it change too much else about Yoshi's play to modify it?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
For Yoshi OoS, you actually don't need to use the action state hack at all, simply rewrite the shield functions' interrupt exceptions in main.dol to include jumping. The game takes care of the rest. The issue with Yoshi OoS is that Yoshi suffers only half the shieldstun everyone else suffers. Combine that with jump out of shield and you get nasty results. Great for Yoshi though!

Regarding Ness having a "Shine:" Ness in 3.1 will be a treat for Ness fans. No shine, but honestly, he has everything he needs to get the edge on opponents. Do remember the silly things you can do with Ness in Melee 1.0. Having a semi-real recovery is one of them. ;)
do you know of any documentation available of making such a change? changing interruption exceptions sounds interesting.

P 1

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for Melee SD Remix 3.1. I'm definitely starting up a SD Remix scene around my area when it comes out to the public.

To differentiate SD Remix from Melee a little more, could we have modified Menu music? I suggest maybe a custom song for SD remix and maybe Nomak - Anger of The Earth for a secondary menu theme.
this is something that should be given strong consideration. the point of SD remix is to not distinguish itself from melee, am I right? it's just to adjust balance.

if you really want your own music, just follow SleepyK's guide. i love melee stock music, and it's one of many things that doesn't need to be changed.

A Revelation

Smash Cadet
I was unaware until now that this was picked back up, I'm going to try to get this thing running and playing on my Wii.

Do I need a memory card to be able to play all characters? I don't have one and I constantly have to beat 100 man melee to unlock Falco. :p

A Revelation

Smash Cadet
one more question.

Can you use SDHC cards? If so do I just follow the SD card instructions or the USB loader?

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
one more question.

Can you use SDHC cards? If so do I just follow the SD card instructions or the USB loader?
Follow the SD card instructions. Whether or not your SDHC card works is up to the Wii itself (and your brand of card), but SDHC cards in general are compatible.

A Revelation

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the responses, I've got some footage from D1's pre-Evo fest. I'll post it a bit later.

D1 didn't get to play but he saw it and said it looked like fun, so when he get's back from Evo expect some more gameplay!

Not sure what to say about the characters just yet, only had a few hours to play and I'm biased with Roy his new dair is amazing! lol.

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
this is something that should be given strong consideration. the point of SD remix is to not distinguish itself from melee, am I right? it's just to adjust balance.

if you really want your own music, just follow SleepyK's guide. i love melee stock music, and it's one of many things that doesn't need to be changed.
I've already changed all the music myself. Changing the music is a quick and easy way for people to realize 'Hey, this isn't a vanilla Melee Setup' when you have a tournament running both Melee and SD Remix at the same time.

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
I was unaware until now that this was picked back up, I'm going to try to get this thing running and playing on my Wii.

Do I need a memory card to be able to play all characters? I don't have one and I constantly have to beat 100 man melee to unlock Falco. :p
If you are USB/SD loading melee, you can use a GCT with cheats to boot with everything unlocked. Use DIOS Mios for USB loading and DIOS MIOS lite for SD loading. Look them up on Google, it's fairly straight forward.

P 1

Smash Cadet
I've already changed all the music myself. Changing the music is a quick and easy way for people to realize 'Hey, this isn't a vanilla Melee Setup' when you have a tournament running both Melee and SD Remix at the same time.
change the "press start" screen, and don't have it boot to CSS--or just change the CSS to represent melee SD. good point though.

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
change the "press start" screen, and don't have it boot to CSS--or just change the CSS to represent melee SD. good point though.
SD Remix 3.1 will have a modified Character Selection Screen and might have a new Intro Screen from what I have read. Whatever happens, I still think music is one of the best indicators.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
New css sounds like a nice idea!Can't wait for this!

Last edited:

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Pika's tail is already a thing of beauty.

Pichu on the other hand...

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
No that's not possible as SDR uses 1.0 and 20XX uses 1.2. sry
Really?Cause it seems like it worked.Roy's Up smash is an explosion,I have alt costumes and stages along with the 20xx debug menu with random music and colors also the d-pad in game stuff.The p1 toggle any action of p2 thing is the only thing that doesn't work well...It takes like 10 tries for the effect.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Really?Cause it seems like it worked.Roy's Up smash is an explosion,I have alt costumes and stages along with the 20xx debug menu with random music and colors also the d-pad in game stuff.The p1 toggle any action of p2 thing is the only thing that doesn't work well...It takes like 10 tries for the effect.
I mean it won't be as close to SDR as possible. SDR has flame cancel and boomerang jump, and no SDI on hits less than 1%.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Played this at a friends (though I knew relatively of the project since its inception and played it once before for a little bit at a tourney, and also apparently Vietgeek left but you guys are back developing it or something?)
Why were Shield colors changed? P1 is now orange instead of red, and it reminds me of some kind of orange soda or Popsicle lol. Also I found it odd that you guys changed Zelda's dair animation to look more powerful with her also raising her fist in the air without giving her some kind of tiny hitbox on her arm to pop people up or something.

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Also I found it odd that you guys changed Zelda's dair animation to look more powerful with her also raising her fist in the air without giving her some kind of tiny hitbox on her arm to pop people up or something.
Zelda's down air animation was not changed at all. In fact, no one has yet deciphered how animations are stored in the game, so we can only change around existing animations or speed up/down existing ones. Pop in your vMelee disc and play around with Zelda and you will notice the animation is identical (of course the meteor smash in Melee is more like a slap on the wrist ;) ).

Even after the hundreds of hours of playtesting, sometimes I'm surprised things I thought were changed by past battle planners were actually things present in the unmodified game! Psychology is a powerful thing.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I did it for myself, forgot to change it back

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say, I got the chance to play this today as I was introduced to it today and I really do LOVE it. There's something about SD Remix that makes every character feel RIGHT, and not clunky at all. I think perhaps with the exception of Ness as I feel he's still missing something that everyone is a really great character now. I much prefer the SD Remix Zelda and Bowser over their PM counterparts. Same with pretty much every other character as well.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ah, seems I'm use to PM

Why were the shields changed though?
If you want to change them back to the original values, extract your PlCo.dat file and replace the values at these offsets to their default shield colors.

CEB8-CEBA: P1 Shield Color --> default value of F25959
CEBC-CEBE: P2 Shield Color --> default value of 6666FF
CEC0-CEB2: P3 Shield Color --> default value of FFBF40
CEC4-CEC6: P4 Shield Color --> default value of 4DE64D

In case you weren't aware of how to do that.

Or to whatever colors you want.

Last edited:

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I don't know the reason either. The changes were made when Ripple was the sole developer. Perhaps it was meant to aesthetically differentiate the game from vMelee?
from what I remember: there was a shield color change so you can tell which player is which in teams easier ..?
(or maybe I'm remembering a detail of some other project?)
What I'm remembering...

Compare the thought of:
(Team 1) shield Color 1 & (Team 1) shield Light-Color 1 vs. (Team 2) shield Color 2 & (Team 2) shield Light-Color 2
against
(Team 1) shield Color 1 & (Team 1) shield Color 2 vs. (Team 2) shield Color 3 & (Team 2) shield Color 4
Is it easier to spot your personal shield color when assigned due to port number or to a hue associated with team colors?

& is this troubleshooter guy VietGeek?

Last edited:
Top Bottom