• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did you use a previous SDR for the build of the iso? because I didn't include the original so it never would have written over them

LLDL

Smash Hero
Is there any way for me to tell that SD remix is running without having to mess around with the characters? No logo changed in game or anything like that? If there is then I think I did something wrong.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
So is there any way to get the Stage Edits? The edited Green Greens from the Demo 1 combo video looks fun to play on. What did you edit about Onett? Were there any edits besides those two?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So is the dvd/dolphin version not done?

Well can I at least get the version right before the final?

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
So is the dvd/dolphin version not done?

Well can I at least get the version right before the final?
I will compile the DVD version and optimized Dios-Mios version of the final build sometime this week. Current build made by Ripple is extremely bloated for no real reason. My versions will also contain the edited stages from the last demo (v2.5).

So is there any way to get the Stage Edits? The edited Green Greens from the Demo 1 combo video looks fun to play on. What did you edit about Onett? Were there any edits besides those two?
Wait for my recompilations to release for the stage edits. I do not believe Ripple has edited Onett but Milun's Fourside modification was added in demo v2.5. Milun's Yoshi's Story 64 mod is also among the edited stages included in SD Remix.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So what your going to do is make the dvd version of the final build?If so great!

Can't wait for next weekend to come!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Ok so I think I got it to work on usb loader.How can I tell if it changed?I don't mean the debug menu I mean something made in this version.

Also is that changelist right?Like is marth not changed at all?

quibbloboy

Smash Rookie
SD Remix Final Revision with Modified Stages:
USB version - http://www.mediafire.com/?m1ni8kvlu27fzjc
DVD version - http://www.mediafire.com/?t51wfzgdx1l5p9u

Modified Stages (all made by Milun):
Yoshi's Island N64
Fourside
Green Greens

Please test. Thank you.

Alright, so I'm trying to test out the DVD version. I'm at the part of the instructions where it says:

Now find where you put your Melee: sd remix files, and put all of the files (except for main.dol and ISO.hdr) in the root of the root folder, now in the root folder there should be a folder called: &&SystemData, put the ISO.hdr in there.

However, in the folder you've provided, I can't find any file called "ISO.hdr". What gives?

quibbloboy

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I went ahead without ISO.hdr, skipping that step completely because I'm an impatient child. I'm not sure what that file is supposed to do, but I haven't encountered any problems and it seems to be working. This is a particularly nice touch:

;)

I've only tested it on Dolphin so far, but I'll try USB loading it on my Wii now. I'll report back soon.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Alright so I made it into an iso and put on my flash drive and loaded usb loader gx and it worked!I know it worked because it said debug menu.

The stages were also a little different.

I like roy's new arieals and up smash.Mewtwo's changes are all great.

The Iso also worked in dolphin and custom textures worked!

Thanks for this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't know because standard toaster wrote it. Anything he wrote, I just copied. If its working, then great, don't worry too much about it.

Stevo

Smash Champion

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This is really good,are there any other mods like this that anyone knows of?

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
DVD built with modified stages actually crashes on my wii (after select any stage). Rebuilding ISO with the original (final) release files now...

EDIT: both (modified stages version and release version) crashes on my wii after choosing any stage. No hope. Turning back to demo 2.1...

T_T

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
did you select peach? she crashes on wrong versions

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
DVD built with modified stages actually crashes on my wii (after select any stage). Rebuilding ISO with the original (final) release files now...

EDIT: both (modified stages version and release version) crashes on my wii after choosing any stage. No hope. Turning back to demo 2.1...

T_T
Hello,

Please rebuild ISO from an original Melee ISO using the DVD version. Original version was USB only and could not be applied to disc without guaranteed crashes.

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
did you select peach? she crashes on wrong versions
No, I don't used her in all my attemps :(

Hello, Please rebuild ISO from an original Melee ISO using the DVD version. Original version was USB only and could not be applied to disc without guaranteed crashes.
I use the dvd version, indeed. I give a try to original usb version only for testing purposes (and have the same crash after selecting any stage)

Anyways, I am reporting crashes on dvd builds using a wii with dios mios and usb loader gx. Dolphin, or other methods can have different results... I guess...

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
CFGLoader v70r65, please.
CFG USB Loader is very popular (and I use it some time ago), but GX works better, in my opinion. In any case. I don't think loader was a relevant thing because they just load the gamecube mode of the wii. Wii games are a different story.

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
Absolutely ;)
Even with version 2.6 (that it has compatibility with 2 disc games) :joyful:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Can someone help me with action replay?

I got these codes that I encrypted and turned them all into GALE01.gct with ocarina for pc to use in usbloader gx, and when I click start on the title screen the game freezes.

Anyone ever use action replay for melee through usb loader?

Here's my txt file

Attachments

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
Reporting again.
I now test rebuilding the dvd version (with modified stages) over my iso of sd remix demo (not a clean iso) and... it works...!!
... but still does not work properly: now crashes after selecting a stage when Pichu, Ness or Peach is selected to play.

[EDIT: Do perhaps characters files are too large?]

Some things I test: Yoshi's up aerial and Bowser's down aerial are very nice... and some characters now RUN!

Top Bottom