• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scunτhorpe SmashFest

Heartstring

Smash Legend
mk's hardest MU's debatably are falco,diddy and fox apparently.
yeah tkd claims fox is his hardest matchup for mk, i can kinda see it. the non flinching laser is a wierd thing, because even makes people approach in a stupider fashion. i dunno, some kind of mental thing, wheres that brain-reading guy when you need him?
but still, falco or diddy for sure

K.Mac

Smash Lord
yeah tkd claims fox is his hardest matchup for mk, i can kinda see it. the non flinching laser is a wierd thing, because even makes people approach in a stupider fashion. i dunno, some kind of mental thing, wheres that brain-reading guy when you need him?
but still, falco or diddy for sure
The reason I can see people charging through Fox' laser is because of that fact. they don't flinch, therefore it doesn't harm their approach in any manner. Depending on how much the fox spams the laser, it can also set up a way for MK to punish (if fox keeps it out too long for example) I suppose that seemingly 'pointless' spamming is why a lot of people will end up approaching in a predictable manner. :/

All the while, Fox is just tacking on the %

I don't see Fox as a hard matchup compared to Falco and Diddy, because I've played him a lot (and played against him a lot) so I know how he works and what he can do. I suppose the main problem is ... well, obviously, his speed. he has a crazy DACUS; I guess that's what probably catches most people offguard is his ability to suddenly rush in with a usmash that's really quite hard to punish if you don't expect it.

and - I don't have much tech skill either (inb4melee***s) but even so if you practice enough you will get the timings and stuff down. For example, Yoshi's DJC wavedash is very very hard to do, but I can occasionally do it because I know how and I've practiced it before. I could probably get it down like Aurorean has if I practiced it enough, so NO JOHNS.

Try practicing it with a can of relentless or something.

;)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
has anyone ever seen my after several cans of relentless/redbull/monster?
i dont change in the slightest. other than my hadns shaknig about a little
besides, i enjoy ike more, i onyl changed to r.o.b because i thought i was getting too predictable and punishable as ike...which i was

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I don't think I change after drinking relentless either, but that's probably because I don't notice.

Plenty of times I've played Brawl after a can and I've been thinking "WTF, the game's running a little slow."
9/10 that's the sugar/caffeine.

=P

B.Mack

Smash Ace
mk's hardest MU's debatably are falco,diddy and fox apparently.
*coughWARIOcough*
I think Wario is mk's 2nd worst, right after diddy. Only better than Falco because falcon gets gimped much easier and Wario kills in 4 moves.

Just my opinion though, a lot of MK's have more trouble with Snake or Falco, but that's bcos they don't play good warios.

*coughWARIOcough*
I think Wario is mk's 2nd worst, right after diddy. Only better than Falco because falcon gets gimped much easier and Wario kills in 4 moves.
Hmm..... Not sure if srs.

I would also stick my neck out and say Wolf isn't a walk in the park for MK.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Diddy & Falco are Metas hardest imo, Snake & Icies are also hard for Meta, but once Meta gets in he can **** those 2, its just actually getting in. Fox and Wolf, nah, Fox is decent, the Wolf matchup is apparantly just the B button for Meta. IMO

K.Mac

Smash Lord
MARFMAINER.

10chars

No but seriously, despite what people say about MK, most characters go against him fairly evenly - it's just that MK himself has no distinct disadvantages other than being light and his aerial mobility (somewhat). It's that and no characters have an advantage over him, but most go fairly even with him.

I can't wait for the day when the BBR decide MK has a disadvantage against a character. I will lol. seriously.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Mk's aerial mobility... I HATE when people mention it. Its not even a disadvantage unless he's up against Wario or jigs or Yoshi. 6 jumps and godly aerials more than make up for it.

That was a typo kj, I was being serious. Noone commented on Wario being a viable MK counter.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lool at u saying

"Just my opinion though, a lot of MK's have more trouble with Snake or Falco, but that's bcos they don't play good warios."

when u said to me like 3 weeks ago that u think some american wario was as good as gluttony when he doesnt place at big tournys then you say that

kaos is atleast dojo level , (kaos lost to ally2-1)

and gluttony 2 stocks ka os sometimes

then u say the mks havent played a good wario (refering to america after u just said u think 1 of them is glutony good)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Lol there are only like 2 good warios. One is locked up in Europe. One is Blue Rogue. Everyone else has quit or is a scrub. That's just it.you can't say EVERY MK in America has played blue rogue.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Lol kmac johning at metas areal mobility!!!! Yea seriously theres like 2 characters with better mobility but meta has 6 jumps and all of his b moves give him height too

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
K.Mac does make a good point actually, even though he doesn't need better arieal mobility, he does lack it, compared to some characters, like Marth for example, his arieal mobility gives him a solid and safe approach against certain characters, where as Meta's approach isn't as solid.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol there are only like 2 good warios. One is locked up in Europe. One is Blue Rogue. Everyone else has quit or is a scrub. That's just it.you can't say EVERY MK in America has played blue rogue.
i see you havent quit then...by your own statement that makes you a scrub XD

Lol kmac johning at metas areal mobility!!!! Yea seriously theres like 2 characters with better mobility but meta has 6 jumps and all of his b moves give him height too
well see theres 3 different values for mobility, and 2 of which people tend to look over (and argueably one is the most important)
out of the one value people pay attention to (max air speed) mk has a very low air mobility, however out of air speed acceleration, mk is one of the highest, whereas r.o.b has the lowest in the game (this is why-despite the fact r.o.bs air speed isnt slow, it takes him a total of 6 seconds to reach that speed, whereas it takes mk only 1/2 second to reach his top speed (and accelerated 3 times faster than r.o.b) and theres also the deceleratino value, which is like the acceleration value...but its for slowing down from top speed.
this is probably the least important value, but it basically says who can turn and change direction (without jumping or wavebouncing) and once again, r.o.b has the lowest value in the game whereas meta knights is realtively average, wario has the highest deceleration value and acceleratino value in the game (which is why he has his unique spacing method of moving towards and away if a very short space of time)

K.Mac

Smash Lord
K.Mac does make a good point actually, even though he doesn't need better arieal mobility, he does lack it, compared to some characters, like Marth for example, his arieal mobility gives him a solid and safe approach against certain characters, where as Meta's approach isn't as solid.
^ This.

This is also why MK can be punished when he's airborne if his attacks miss - because his air speed is so low that he's easy to catch up to and grab/attack.

Also @ GP - if I recall, Yoshi is in the same boat. He has the highest maximum air speed in the game - but he's slow at getting there and changing direction. (I remember when they gave him Wario-esque wiggling in Brawl- - it was amazing.)

MK has high acceleration in the air, I know, but his overall air speed is crap. We all know that. Maybe it's for the best - if he had high air speed he would definitely be banned, since he would have so much more ability to counter and punish.

I'm not actually johning about it, I'm just making a point. MK does have disadvantages - obviously Nintendo were assuming this would balance his move spammability out by making him aerially slow and easy to kill. They didn't realise all the BS that said spammability could do, really.

Or maybe they didn't test him enough using GC pads. I don't know. :awesome:

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol at ppl saying mks air speed is crap , hes got the move set to cancel tht fact out and mks air speed is godly compared to snake , marth walks faster than snakes air speed

scrubs 10chars

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol when does a meta run out of jumps or not land out of a b move?
that's called metgame enhancment, whenever does a diddy kong not use banana's by choice? ya get me XD

MK has high acceleration in the air, I know, but his overall air speed is crap. We all know that. Maybe it's for the best - if he had high air speed he would definitely be banned, since he would have so much more ability to counter and punish.
i suppose, but on the other hand, you said people can catch up to him and punish right?
well if he has the ability to suddenly change direction pretty fast-evne if it is a slow moving toward/away speed-anyone who isnt a fat penguin is going to struggle to grab him to punish and anyone not carrying a sword (ike doesnt count, he takes several years to swing his sword once, by which time mk has already dsmash'd 5 tiems and shuttle looped away) is going to have trouble hitting him when retreating
you're also forgetting other factors, he has shuttle loop which is a very nice GTFO (for both players, as he escapes from any scenario doing it) and gliding which gives him a very fast away of getting about the air. AND he is the onyl character who can glide twice before touching the floor/ledge again, also comnig into the ground, glide attack cancel to dsmash/shuttle loop/etc. is a pretty brutal situation to try and punish
yes he has weakness's, but they are tiny and his moveset can fix it up quite easily

i MUST stop making giant text walls whenever i have a brawl debate -__-

i gto ninja'd
lol at ppl saying mks air speed is crap , hes got the move set to cancel tht fact out and mks air speed is godly compared to snake , marth walks faster than snakes air speed
mk's air speed is slower than snake's. mk jsut has a much easier time getting back to the ground when he wants to

K.Mac

Smash Lord
but with them he gets there fast...and some are practically risk-free when done right
But I'm not one of those people who do that (lol side-B approach lol)

I think the best example of what CRZ said is maybe against G&W ... who has that damn windbox on his Uair. Getting MK down out of that without being punished is difficult. =/

Calz - I won the second clan tourney in Blur. I even wrecked Kompane :awesome: video will be up soon ... should watch, might lulz =P

The_Rake

Smash Lord

I think the best example of what CRZ said is maybe against G&W ... who has that damn windbox on his Uair. Getting MK down out of that without being punished is difficult. =/

Calz - I won the second clan tourney in Blur. I even wrecked Kompane :awesome: video will be up soon ... should watch, might lulz =P
lol, anyone who's not a heavyweight/fastfaller will have trouble. Its annoying as hell with lycario, his best move in terms of his position over gaw is his dair which is a staller

Calzorz

Smash Lord

haha he was the trash talker right?

yea il watch congrats

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, anyone who's not a heavyweight/fastfaller will have trouble. Its annoying as hell with lycario, his best move in terms of his position over gaw is his dair which is a staller
fastfalled n-air anyone? it lingers for an age
also lucario's u-air has the same properties as wario's, jsut weaker and with landing lag

The_Rake

Smash Lord
theres nothing wrong with that dair, dont ever make me say that again :p
im not saying its not a grat move it is, thats just the 1 scenario its crap. One of the reasons that gaw really takes that mu

fastfalled n-air anyone? it lingers for an age
also lucario's u-air has the same properties as wario's, jsut weaker and with landing lag
ok yea, fastfalled nair is good, autocancels too, but lucario does not have a fast fastfall. His uair too, that does have a hitbox on his tail but horrible landing lag, in most situations better to go nair when hitting someone below

K.Mac

Smash Lord
haha he was the trash talker right?

yea il watch congrats
Nah, Kompane is the guy who was #1 in the world (until one of those RRZ boosters caught him up)

That guy that was trashtalking me will never get into 1NS, if I find out Kompane has interest in him I'm going to tell him what I was messaged. >_>

edit

And I just realised I'm still logged into Youtube on the smashbrawluk account. wtf D:

Calzorz

Smash Lord
anyway my fest will be from the 26th of december (can come on the 27th if u want) till the 2nd or 3rd

vote for which dates you would prefer and post here saying if you can come or not

NEED TO KNOW WHO WANTS TO COME TODAY
, if the turnout looks good i will confirm my fest

It's looking like I can't come I'm afraid. Parents are kinda stubborn on me staying here.

Top Bottom