• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5 Results Thread!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My favorite part of the tournament: informing Hylian that he had no control over how the Midwest pronounced his name.
-__________________________________________________________________-

john!

Smash Hero
wtf is a hillian

do you guys say hirrule too?

man nobody has any control over their name in the smash community LOL

it's just whatever ppl feel like calling you

shoutouts to snuggleguy

darkatma

Smash Hero
Super Long Shoutouts!

I miss my old Paratroopa icon with the blue background. RIP

Mattdotzeb: A huge thank you for being a gracious and accommodating host. I thoroughly enjoy the breakfasts you make before tournies, and I got ample sleep for both days, which never happens. Stop sandbagging in pools and then knocking Bieber out :p I'm sad you'll be leaving the midwest soon, we'll be losing out on a good player. Take care back in New England!

Hylian: Yay thanks for driving up and teaming with me. Sorry it didn't end up as well as I'd hoped. I'll practice more new characters before the next tourney for sure. Very enjoyable car ride up, I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you guys in STL :p

Tmacc: I wish I could study in cars like you do. Anyways you definitely made it out of pools no sweat like we all said you would. I hope the pharm exam went okay. See you at the next smashfest!

Sethlon: Congrats on winning P:M wooo! Undefeated at tournies still! I'm sad I didn't get to play more of that sonic, it was quite a pleasure to watch. I hope getting down to Texas went smoothly, and hope to see you at another tourney soon.

Oracle: First time I've ever seen a good rob. Pretty awesome, will definitely play around with him a bit. Congrats on placing well, but I heard you choked it up against Strongbad because of G&W :p

Rat: Thanks for hosting, if I remember correctly the venue was your church, since I recognized your house from 2 tournies ago. Thanks for letting the super late St. Louis people enter melee (it was all Bieber's fault that they were late). Oh yeah thanks for sponsoring me for CSP, I loved it and will probably bring it back to STL events :p

Vro: Nice seeing you again. I wanted to stay with you, but CSP! Keep improving in P:M, but expect me to be beating everyone by next time :p

Shard: Thanks for bringing all those amazing cookies Kendall! They were awesome, and so was the drive home (except Paul making us get mediocre deepdish pizza). I still need to borrow those CDs sometime for sure. Also thanks for letting me stay over when we got back! I'll definitely be seeing you around, since you live so close.

Bieber: You gotta work on adapting in tourney sets. Can't be beating everyone good, then losing to people you've beaten plenty of times/yoshis and DKs. Needs improvement :p I can't even help you with those lame matchups, since I don't play those characters well enough. Step it up son!

Shinobi: Good of you to come up Austin! Like I said before, you and paul are the quickest improving players in Missouri, so keep at it for sure. We'll play tons of friendlies next time I see you, whether that's in CoMo or STL. Keep in touch so we can discuss matchups and stuff. I fully expect you to beat frootloop next time.

Strongbad: Nice seeing you again Adam. Looks like your random character knowledge was a little better than mine this time :p I definitely want a CSP rematch at some point :p Grats on 2nd in P:M singles and teams, glad you were able to hit your top3 prediction.

Kels: I'ma getchu next time. Don't be quittin smash, that's lame. I know you don't get much competition in the Midwest, but we're all trying to get better. One of us has to become a top player, just like how Canada has no scene but KK and Unknown are top players. Keep striving to play smarter and better.

Trail: Yeah downsmash! I haven't been 0-deathed by ICs like that in 4-5 years. Dat armor was solid in tourney too, but I'll rip it apart next time for sure :p. Good to finally play you, and I hope we'll be playing again soon.

Tink: I wanted to play you. Why'd you enter P:M but not Melee! Lame

Dart: I still haven't beaten kelly at a tourney, so you're still winning. I'm catching up though.

MattR: Great seeing you again matt. Love playing friendlies with you, since we're kind of the same type of player (at least IMO), smart-ish but not technically consistent, leading to innovative combos. Sucks that you don't have anyone to play in Champaign except Ripple. Should've done grad school in St. Louis!

TomR: Quit that mario, leave him in the low tier pile where he belongs. Your falcon was always better, even if mario gets you strange results sometimes. I know you and Matt don't live together anymore, but that's no excuse to play nooby :p I expect some top 3 out of you in future tournies, with falcon.

ORLY: I ain't salty. Okay maybe a little. I'm gonna get you next time though. Always refreshing to play a good falcon :p Play me more plz

Snuggleguy: dat juggleguy SD at the end of game two is extremely iconic of you Rob. I remember seeing it a couple more times in some recorded matches of you :p Tell Shaeden I'm coming to get him soon, so I can say I've beaten errybody in MI.

Pikachad: you're so good! Wish you'd just go Pika in tourney though, instead of fiddling with mario and link. Not that you're bad with them, but your Pika is amazing. Wish I had sat down and played you.

Moogle: Fun friendlies, even though we were always cut short by something. You were extremely pleasant to be around, wish I had played you some more as well.

Shady: Thanks for teaming with me, and sorry I nubbed it up in bracket. I don't exactly remember what went wrong, but it was a good reminder that I have a lot of improving to do for teams. It was fun playing with you for sure, and I'll catch you at the next big tourney.

Frootloop: I've dodged you entirely again! I don't think I've ever played against serious mode frootloop. The last time we played was a year+ ago where you went falcon in bracket because you were sick of falco. Next tourney I'm definitely sitting down and demanding some friendlies.

John!: We didn't play this tourney, but nice seeing you. I was heavily considering teaming with you because peach is a great teammate, and we did reasonably well vs the twins at the last tourney in friendlies. Maybe next time :p

Quaz: were you actually at this tourney, or is this some other WI player?

TGD: fun set, very down the wire. We never got those friendlies in. Next time for sure.

Dendy: I forgot why you were in the midwest again. Are you from minnesota? Anyways it was fun playing you and tempest.

Scythe: good matches, we've played quite a few times in tourney now :p

MaxBerger: it was nice meeting you and actually sitting down for some matches. Your Zelda is solid business for sure. Hope to see you at more tournies in the future.

Cosmo: Omg the legend! So happy you made it out to the tourney, wish you had brought a setup to speedrun a game for us. I would've just dropped everything and went to watch :p

Metroid: that Charizard dtilt killing me at 30% on YS was jank. Sorry you're so busy nowadays, I'm gonna john for you and say that you didn't place top 3 because you were tired :p Good luck with teaching stuff!

Oro/Arty/other people I encounter a lot in tourney but forget to talk to: good of you guys to be there :p

DSF: we'll get friendlies in next time.

Kirk: Your bowser is incredible. I can tell lots of time went into learning those combos you set up. I believe bowser is the Peach of P:M, a character that starts out easy to play but takes a lot of skill to play well. I still need access to your stream so I can rip the matches off and upload them to youtube, so if you could PM me I would appreciate it.

Hindawg: dat bias. It's okay, I enjoy watching the marth fox matchup a lot as well. I do main both sheik and peach though, it's never been one more than the other by much. I also don't think sheik/falcon and sheik/marth are as free for sheik as you think they are.

Ripple: Whoops I missed you! That Yoshi seems pretty legit :p We need to play more friendlies, I never get any with you.

Who else did I miss..
Well, If I missed you, I'll probably edit you in if I remember later.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Pops: Good burger for the price, picked up a triple with a large fry for like 6 bucks.

McDonalds: That ****ing fish filet you gave me caused some extremely bad stomach pains, never going back again. j/k lol man i'll see ya next time, good stuff.

CVS: Try putting the name brand candy on sale and not the ****ty GOLD brand or whatever the **** you call it, step your game up son. actually the deal on the kitkats was solid

McDonalds II: a little better but still ****

Oro!? :

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Frootloop: I've dodged you entirely again! I don't think I've ever played against serious mode frootloop. The last time we played was a year+ ago where you went falcon in bracket because you were sick of falco. Next tourney I'm definitely sitting down and demanding some friendlies.
Yeah I only go serious for teams haha

**** falco (except ganon challenge)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shoutouuuuts!

Strong Bad - Good **** taking second! You were definitely one of the players I was looking out for. Being able to consistently kill Sonic at like 90% is scary stuff.

Kirk - GGs! Our games would've been much rougher for me if I didn't have Bowser experience from Oracle, but I guess it was some what similar with you and Rat's Sonic exp. Stop punishing my HA, its supposed to be brokeeeeeen

Oracle - G&W throwing aside, you played really well. Took down Dart, MDZ, Metroid AND Kels! Jeez.
Don't sweat teams, I didn't play very well either.

Kels - "Fox should be better" ...lol
I'm kinda glad I dodged you in bracket, you were one of the players I was concerned about haha.

Vro - Sick movement from all of your characters. Its a shame you didn't lead with Ike in your matches against Strong Bad. Really like your mindset too, its nice to see someone take the game so seriously!

Metroid1117 - Dat EV trained Charizard....The friendlies were sick, as was the piano playing. I definitely look forward to playing you more in the future!

Ripple - Shout outs to the Rustiest Roy Dittos in the World. I would say that we should've gone double Roy for old times sake, but that probly would've ended reaaally badly haha

MDZ - Thanks for the housing! Sonic's a slippery one. I would say that I would've given you more of that Melee Roy practice, but who would you be practicing for? lol

Hylian - The good ol' face of Texas. Its been way too long. Thanks for the housing, and the arranging of all the travel stuff; the trip probly wouldn't have been possible for me without it. We'll have to talk soon about possible SMYM plans, gotta grab them tickets before they go up.
(Also I used your little bomb drop -> zair trick on Bwett and he pooped himself a little bit lol)

Speaking of tickets - Shout outs to Megabus. 1$ DFW -> St Louis and back is the real deal. Work on your wifi connection though ******

Dart - Super clean play. I hope you keep at Project M, we need more legit Marth players!

Rat - An excellent event, good sir. I really enjoyed our games, and just chilling out overall. There was one point in our tournament matches where I ran up and jabbed x2, you CC'd dtilt, and then I CC dtilted back, and we had a little in-fight like that for a while...I absolutely love moments like that. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for future events!

Tmacc - Its a shame Chicago has so much Bowser practice haha, I'm sure you would've done much better otherwise. Good stuff regardless, I'm glad you're enjoying Project M!

Big C - Man, its been such a long time. Too bad I'm terrible at names, otherwise I would've made the connection that you're Big C instantly haha.

Atma - So close to the carpool's goal...! I didn't see much of your Melee matches, but what I did see was quite impressive. You should've dropped by Hylian's place for more games afterwards! (Though there'll probly be a chance for that again sometime soon ;))

Pikachad - Good to play you again after so long! Its nice to see that your Pika has leveled up after all this time. Its a much harder matchup when you know how to actually edgeguard Roy haha

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I originally planned this trip back in early December thinking it would be my last real tournament. I thought I'd come and maybe place top 8 in PM if I was lucky, go home and never really play Smash seriously again, but this tournament reminded me of what really got me into Smash in the first place: pure, unadulterated fun. Special thanks go out to Wisconsin and absurdity that is Cactuar Stamina Pancake. It was seriously the most fun I have ever had playing SSBM in a tournament setting.

And with that, I begin my shoutouts:

First of all, I want to make a big ****in' shoutout to my main man Rat. You and Vro put on one hell of a tournament, and you were very accomodating with housing and such. Having a real bed to sleep on after I had sat on a bus for 10 hours was the perfect thing right before a tournament and I slept very well. I was thoroughly pleased with my experience at this event and I'm very glad I decided to come. I will probably come to the next one provided I'm able. Thanks again for everything, you went out of your way to make my trip enjoyable and you did a great job of it.

Sethlon - It was great to finally be able to meet you after managing to dodge you so much haha. You were a really tough opponent and your Sonic is insane, good stuff on 1st. Dat $100 MM x_x
Strong Bad - Get dat $!!! Proud of you and what you accomplished at this tournament, but you know more than anyone that you have so much left to work on. Your journey is not over. It's only just begun.
Kirk - Very impressed by your play and how quickly you picked up on habits. And that comeback against us in doubles was amazingg!! I can't be mad about losing that haha. **** that double Fsmash though. GGs man I wish we could have played more. As ridiculous as Bowser might be in some aspects, there's good reason it was you in LFs against me and not one of the other Bowsers. See you at SMYM?
Oracle - I felt very disrespected by what you did in Loser's Semis. I'd have rather been 3-0'd by your ROB and placed 4th. Hope it was worth it to you.
Vro - Your Ike is terrifying. Thanks for the hash brown day 1, it was delicious. I had a lot of fun playing you at your place and that Yolk place was yummy too.
Metroid1117 - 8 STOCKS!!! My 5 stock opener wasn't good enough it seems :[ I didn't get to play with you all that much at this tournament but it was great to see you again. I'll probably be back eventually :p GGs in bracket man.
DSF - Your playstyle is very effective. That's about all I can say lol. Nice to see a legend such as yourself picking up PM though, for sure.
Hylian - It's always good to see you. Your Link is one of a kind and I wish I could witness it more. I'm glad you've found so much about Link that was left unexplored in 2.1, and I'm excited to see where you'll take Link in the future.
Ripple - Good job beating DSF to make sure I got 1st seed in that pool LOL. And nice job beating Bieber with Yoshi. :3 See you at SMYM, Blake.
Trail - It's always good to see ya. Thanks for the compliments on my Fox, it's still a work in progress. I'll be coming for you next tournament, if I still care about Melee by then that is.
ORLY/Chris - We had a good run. On a given day we could have taken the whole thing, but it wasn't our day. Team Rampage was a lot of fun and we sure stuck it to them, taking out the MW Guardians in pools. Dunno if I'll be wanting to enter doubles at another tournament again, but I might be down to give Team Rampage another shot.
Oro?! - Always a pleasure to see you. Glad I convinced you my prior placings weren't a fluke haha. Sucks you got taken out by Chicago at this tournament :(
Scythe - Ganon's a jerk to Team Rampage. :[
Tinkypoo - Nice to see you again. You really carried Kelly in PM dubs LOL
Atma/TomR/Kels:

And Cosmo: Thanks for teaming with me last minute. Like I said I don't really care about how I perform in Teams anymore, it was a lot of fun and I have no regrets. I especially enjoyed discussing game design & SRL stuff with you. Your Zelda is truly its own masterpiece, no one will ever be able to compare. I'll hit you up for Worms Armaggedon stuff when I have some free time.

Until next time, Chicago. Stay free in PM :yeahboi:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
If you are missing a memory card or two this could be for you!

I accidentally took 2 memory cards from SCSYN that looked like mine but weren't!
1 is white w/ an MC sticker on it and 1 is black w/ no sticker.
White one has: Resident Evil 4, Soul Calibur 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, SSX Tricky, Spider-Man, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, NCAA Football 2004, SSBM.
Black one has: NHL Hitz 2003, SSBM, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
I hope someone could direct these to the right person. They were taken from a GC that was in the back of the room, near the table that had jackets and whatnot on it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gahh, I lost my Oro shout-out somehow D:
1: Sethlon - GGs man. I was completely unprepared for the type of sonic that you played. The amount of options that character has that no one takes advantage of is outrageous. It was really nice meeting you and I hope the trip wasn't too bad in case there is ever an even bigger Midwest or IL PM tournament. I look forward to playing you and the rest of Texas sometime in the future.
It was a pleasure meeting you! Very chill, and the games were really good (minus our occasional critical failures lol). The trip was kinda long, but I've had worse (shout outs to 30 hour greyhounds to Arizona)...I'll likely be up again for more tournaments before too long =)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Matt, did you take the black memory card from a black GameCube in the corner near the concession stand? That's where my setup was, and the memory card is missing now.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Matt, did you take the black memory card from a black GameCube in the corner near the concession stand? That's where my setup was, and the memory card is missing now.
It was around that area.
Are you missing a white one too? They came from the same cube. Is this your data?: Black one has: NHL Hitz 2003, SSBM, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yes, I think the second one was a grey-white color. Could you mail them back to me? Msg me on Facebook if you need my address.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
AIGHT LATE SHOUTOUTS!

Binyan COOKIE Lin (Darkatma): Great games my man, I dropped a couple games in that first set that I really should have closed out. You are very patient and adapt to habits/tricks very quickly. You had a great run in the losers bracket and nearly won the whole god damn tournament. Good **** scrub, i'll hit you up the next time i'm in St. Louise.

Kels: you are too good, 5 ribbons? jesus man you had a legendary performance.

Tink: enter melee next time you scrub, you are really good.

Vro Zone: I'm gonna beat you at the next PM tournament and make you rage quit and quit that stupid melee knockoff.

PM: ok, just playin bro, ur a pretty sweet game. I need to learn how to play you tho.

Tempest: ggs man, ur a funny dude. you ****ing camped me out in CSP.

Max: Your zelda is pretty damn legit, I wanna get more games with it next time, it's one of my least exp./hardest matchups.

ORLY: GET ****ING ***** LOL, sorry i had to end your historic run with a complete ass beating, I hope getting your **** pushed in only inspires you to keep getting better. Real talk, you are getting mad good.

Shady: didn't get to play, but was good times broin per ussual.

COS: good weekend, you kids **** me up you god damn alcoholics. you are getting better, i will coach you to greatness.

Joey: ggs in pools, don't get discouraged.

Joot: **** that g&w, your falcon is getting really good. I was afraid to play you in tournament.

SnuggleFry: good teaming with you bro, we gave it 110%. Really good games in bracket, you are just as good as the rest of us now. You tend to be your own worst enemy, you are SDing a lot still and really killing your momentum. Clean up the SDs and you will start beating all of us regularly.

MattDotZeb: good chillin per ussual

DSF: dude you are a camping ****ing kish, but i love you.

Cheato: stop getting emo about smash you ****ing scrub

Strong Bad: Yo, your fox is pretty damn good. You just need to improve your mindset before you can take that next step. YOu gotta stay confident and not get down on yourself or the game after defeat. Good **** in PM, its cool to see DK in all his glory.

Kirk: your bowser knows what to do in every situation, was good **** seeing a couple of your matches. I still need to learn how PM bowser really works before I can challenge your title of best PM bowser. I mean, im still the best bowser tho hands down.

Oro: ggs, stay free you ****ing scrub. don't be salty cuz i ****ing own you in this game, money match scrub.

Jeff: you owe me a ****ing money match aka you owe me $5 just put that **** in my hand you ****ing scrub.

Big Cizzle: good seeing you out at these things again man, brings back childhood memories lol.

Hylian: lol you ***** me, idk wtf is going on in PM sometimes. some combos feel like they are inescapable and it makes me LOl

Arty: good games, i just **** in ganon/bowser dittos, only reason i beat you.

Sethlon: old school sob, there aren't many tournaments that I attend where there is a more old school player in attendance than myself, good ****.

Rat: great job running a fantastic tournament. Definately one of the best tournaments I've attended.

Mundungu: always good seeing my main man

Fruitloop: your marth is getting wacky, it'll prob beat me next time.

If i forgot to mention you, my bad there were so many god damn people. GREAT GAMES TO ALL and TO ALL A GOOD WORK DAY.

Top Bottom