• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA: The Little Squirtle that Could

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i was half expecting a little pop up book when i read the title

then i was disappointed

then i watched the videos, and was not disappointed

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
typh you did well as squirtle. charizard got ****ing ***** though. =[ you used waaaaay too much dair when you were getting juggled. try stuff like b reversal rock smash and ff nair and shiz.

your squirtle hydroplanes quite a lot. not bad, but i'm not used to seeing it used that much lol. try using dsmash instead if you aren't aiming to kill with it imo. and you **** when you get a hit in. you have good mix ups and do a good job getting grabs and such. and you use withdraw very well, i'll work on using it like that in the future.

basically, charizard lost you a stock each game. otherwise it was pretty even 2-2 both times.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i hydroplane against bad people because it's funny when it hits. good advice to use dsmash when i'm not trying to kill though, i never thought of that, and ill keep it in mind

i hydrograb a LOT though, its too good

i just wanted to spike him as charizard give me a break :[

i didn't know what to do as charizard and i got completely overwhelmed

next time guys

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Imo you beast with squirtle, until you get charizard out... use bair more as charizard when getting juggled, it comes out fast enough that its best chance, and it has a pretty big hitbox. Nair won't have enough time to flip, but uair is good since charizard hits with his whole fat ***.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well i think you spiked the first time you used it the first game lol

i agree on hydrograb that **** is so good. mainly since it's hard to punish and pays super dividends if you set up the grab release **** on the edge. so yeah i spam it too.

i think you had a guaranteed fair in the second game at about 2:07 that would have KOed. if mk had air released off stage. dropping through the stage would have made it easier.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
i was too scared to hydro edge release MK because i wasn't sure if i recovered first or not, that's what i get for not bothering to learn that stuff

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
assuming you drop through...

if mk air releases, you have 21 frames to **** him with and fair is guaranteed for sure

if he ground releases, jump+air dodge as soon as you can so you don't get ***** lol. maybe you get the footstool but it doesn't matter since its mk. you have a 1 frame advantage here so that helps.

if you don't drop, i think the air release fair is still guaranteed, but the timing is tighter

no drop + ground release you risk the easy shuttle loop if you do anything so yea

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you guys take anything away from these videos, it's the fact that squirtle's ftilt is freaking godly.

work that ftilt

These vids prove that Squirtle is Top tier.

Charizard suffered such a sad fate <_<.

You did Well Tyoh considering the oppenent, did you feel any pressure doing those times?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
You did Well Tyoh considering the oppenent, did you feel any pressure doing those times?
HELL ****ing yeah. Everyone was like "I know you can beat m2k, if anyone can here, it's you!" i mean i knew it was bull**** because i knew i couldn't beat him but EVERYONE was watching expecting a miracle.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol what miles said

you should have challenged him to squirtle only, he probably would have backed down because squirtle is tooooooooo scary

Gea

Smash Master
<3 Typh. Be a bit more careful/retreating when coming down, and don't pummel quite so much with grabs. I think you could have dthrown killed M2K with squirtle at one point but he breaks instead. Either way good **** and between you/Reflex I am picking up PT.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
while MK is off the edge you should really charge your water gun and at least push him back with it... also the short charge where it spurts out and does damage is good with a shell shift and jump out at him. probably work on that too...hmm other then that i think you need to hit him a couple more times in the grab instead of just tossing him.

but good stuff...im jealous you fought him :p but those other players (lucario, olimar, fox... garbage)

Gea

Smash Master
Uh... M2K was grab breaking before he could pummel then throw. He should have either released into something (fair?) or thrown.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Tripping is sooooo stupid. Good **** to you though Typh, your Squirtle was workin M2K. Even though I wanted EC to win, I started rooting for you by the end of the first match. "This guy's PT is friggin amazing!"

Definitely one of my favorite players.

Top Bottom