• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scrub-Proof: The Competitive Ike Thread: Take Cover Here! -MOTD: Up Tilt!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
lol a N Air man.

I use Ike all the time, I'm just switching over to Falco for now to get better results. Once I can go to lots of tourney's I'll be using Ike moar often.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm going to get very busy this summer...I just started work and thus I'll be having less time to...well to do anything really lol. Moved back home from college a few days ago and I'm just getting settled with my new job...so that's where I'm at right now.

On-Topic:

Is it safe to assume that the Move of the...3-4 Days is Bair?

I use it mainly for people coming back high from the ledge...attempting to mindgame them into an unsuspecting Bair. I also like to autocancel them...it can catch people off guard sometimes if lets say you follow up with a jab or tilt right after. Sometimes I just fall off the ledge, jump back up and Bair if they tend to chase after me.

Overall I don't know if I'm using it properly...I don't even think about things like move degregation(or whatever its called >.>) I just use it where i see fit. It's a quick move that can surprise people sometimes.

That's all I got for now (I'm at work xD) I might stop by later.

Tenki

Smash Hero
needs a new topic.
It seems the lesser-used moves have been discussed, and if VBJN doesn't change it soon, I suggest someone randomly start discussion on:
U-tilt, D-air, F-air, or Aether - and let whatever is discussed first be the topic for a few days.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Hope you're all doing well.

move of the day will be Up Tilt!

I personally love this move. It has a big hit box, decent speed, KO power, and pushes back on block(meaning you can jab interrupt those who don't act fast). This can be used to own those who miss time air dodges. My personally favorite use for this move is to hit people who are short hop approach happy. Ike's fair and nair approach and retreat can be telegraphed by faster aerials if done in anticipation. Your answer to this? Up-tilt! Works like a charm.

Some vids coming soon of Ike vs Sonic! : )

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Some vids coming soon of Ike vs Sonic! : )
kool i was wondering when you would post vids from that thread. also you never got back to me on using your vids im guessing thats a no so i only used 3 of them.

u tilt if good you hit people quickly who fall on to the ledges not jump up there but like fall on there backs you can hit them with it while they are getting up thats what i always do in battle field.

i also use it after an Nair that hits them a bit to high for jab to hit works pretty well and sometimes i can even get 2 in because they try and hit me with a Dair

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
jab --> up tilt is one of my favorite finishers. Up tilt makes a good shield from aerial attacks since it has good priority. It can be used for combos like up tilt to an aerial at lower %'s. Otherwise its pretty limited in range compared to what else you have in your arsenal. I personally save it for a finisher since its pretty fast.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
People learn to simply shield, if they're smart. They should be, anyway. Any jab of theirs can interrupt the grand viper "combo," and if you space yourself for a jab, chances are they're within shieldgrabbing range.

<_<

No offense, it's just that the typical Ike player (and, consequently, everybody else) already knows how to space QD's. Pwnin' noobz is fun, though. :)

SymmetriKs

Smash Rookie
Up Tilt is on of Ike's faster moves, equipped with priority, knockback, and the hitbox is enormous. This attack can be used effectively as a follow up for a jab, Nair, or a QD. Also, it's anti-edge, so if somebody's grabbing the ledge and it just so happens that their invincibility frames run out, they get launched straight up. This can applied in an actual Brawl when you have just launch an opponent of the edge, and are going for a QD mindgame across the stage [Final Destination for example], and anticipate the edge grab, you can QD and stop right before the actual attack comes out and U-tilt the hell out of the edgegrabbing person guy.

Hopefully I can be understood o_o

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Agreed.

I prefer to time my u-tilts so the very end of the move hits them while they're coming down from the air, after I anticipate their airdodge or dair for maximum priority. This move punches through so many aerials it's unreal. Just don't get crazy with it. Use it too late and you're asking to get airdodged to a sex kick/any other aerial. Also useful for an unexpected spacing attack, although jab works just as well-and it's much faster. Also good for pushing away shielders-it's tough to judge the distance properly to shieldgrab, since you're not actually swinging at them. Of course, competitive play...this'll get you reamed.

Top Bottom