• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scribblenauts

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
Because you continue to post in opposition with posts such as this. It's not hard, really, just stop arguing and post something about the game and maybe it will stop.
I said I'm childish and hate to lose. To me, stopping the argument by not saying anything is the same as surrendering.

I wonder what the Ollars(the in game money) will be used for other than buying different clothes for Maxwell.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Because you continue to post in opposition with posts such as this. It's not hard, really, just stop arguing and post something about the game and maybe it will stop.
Why would you want it to stop?

I think people who have no imagination will be severely limited in this game.

I also think people who are into anime, sci-fi, comic books or video games will feel greatly limited by the nothing copyrighted restriction.

I also think that browsing wikipedia is a good way to prepare for this game.

EDIT:
I said I'm childish and hate to lose.
I love death note.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
Why would you want it to stop?

I think people who have no imagination will be severely limited in this game.

I also think people who are into anime, sci-fi, comic books or video games will feel greatly limited by the nothing copyrighted restriction.

I also think that browsing wikipedia is a good way to prepare for this game.

EDIT:

I love death note.
I'm glad that you got my refrence.

I don't think people who are into anime,etc. will feel limted because you don't see Mario in GTA, Light in Gurren Lagann. They wouldn't be limited they would just have more things that affect their imagination.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm glad that you got my refrence.

I don't think people who are into anime,etc. will feel limted because you don't see Mario in GTA, Light in Gurren Lagann. They wouldn't be limited they would just have more things that affect their imagination.
The problem people like myself feel is that their imagination is so crowded with copyrighted material, it is difficult to think of non-copyrighted solutions. Have you seen the flower gathering puzzle in Kotaku?

http://kotaku.com/5329596/16-attempts-at-scribblenauts

I would want to summon a Blastoise and a Charizard to eliminate the bee and piranha and gather flowers. But I can't. I would also want to turn myself into a super sayan or a jedi. but I can't do that either.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
The problem people like myself feel is that their imagination is so crowded with copyrighted material, it is difficult to think of non-copyrighted solutions. Have you seen the flower gathering puzzle in Kotaku?

I would want to summon a Blastoise and a Charizard to eliminate the bee and piranha and gather flowers. But I can't. I would also want to turn myself into a super sayan or a jedi. but I can't do that either.
I read it. You could just use a flame thrower,fire hose, and light saber. I can't think of anything that would mimic a Super sayian. You could just think of moves because if you wanted Charazard you would want fire, if I want to use giga drill breaker I'll just write giant drill. I was thinking people would take small ideas such as attacks from their anime and video games to solve puzzles.

Puddin

Smash Lord

Would it be too much of a stretch to simply input "flower" and make the flower appear?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Would it be too much of a stretch to simply input "flower" and make the flower appear?
That seems incredibly obvious. I feel stupid for not having thought of it.

That said, typing Starite will only give you a fake starite, while many puzzles place additional limitations on words you can use. I would not be surprised if things you are asked to collect in the objective were eliminated for said puzzle.

Puddin

Smash Lord
That seems incredibly obvious. I feel stupid for not having thought of it.

That said, typing Starite will only give you a fake starite, while many puzzles place additional limitations on words you can use. I would not be surprised if things you are asked to collect in the objective were eliminated for said puzzle.
Of course, if you were to simply input flower you'd probably get some other variety of flower, not the one needed to complete the puzzle. You could just try thinking with portals of course.

M.K

Level 55
I find it hilariously ironic that a game with a literal ton of replayability factors incorporated into the game is being questioned for it's lack of aforementioned :laugh:.
Which brings me to saying that I am STILL extremely excited about this game. I think it's going to be fun just to take around and see how many wacky things I can do to get the Starite. My only minor gripe is the touch screen controls. It's not a problem, but something about me just wants it to be controlled buttons. I've never really been a fan of the touch screen though, so I shouldn't base those resentments on Scribblenauts. This game is going to be spectacular.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
The game puts limits in the dictionary while doing levels. When you replay a level you have beaten you can't type what you used before.

Puddin

Smash Lord
When you replay a level you have beaten you can't type what you used before.
This is why we can't have nice things. Even if you plan on using what you did before in a different way? Say, reusing a gun in a certain level but not in the way you did to beat it.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
This is why we can't have nice things. Even if you plan on using what you did before in a different way? Say, reusing a gun in a certain level but not in the way you did to beat it.
You could use a different gun and instead of using fishing pole you could use stick.

M.K

Level 55
Why restrict your own gameplay when the entire dictionary is open to your manipulation? It's almost like the game is saying "Go wild" and you are refusing to do so.
You want to use a gun again? Use a bazooka, rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, machine gun, cannon, minigun, etc. (and I stress that etc.)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Why restrict your own gameplay when the entire dictionary is open to your manipulation? It's almost like the game is saying "Go wild" and you are refusing to do so.
You want to use a gun again? Use a bazooka, rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher, machine gun, cannon, minigun, etc. (and I stress that etc.)
Why doesn't the game let you reuse items?

M.K

Level 55
Why doesn't the game let you reuse items?
Why do you only get so many lives in a platformer? How come there are time limits on puzzle games? Why does it become hard to level up in RPGs?

The manipulation of your own creativity is, inherently, part of the game! You are required to think outside the box and use different items at least 3 times before you gain access to the level and you are allowed to use multiple items, multiple times.
Why are you so against the idea of using different items? There are a bajillion and a half synonyms for words, so if you honestly have a problem with being creative and finding out different ways to get the Starite, you should either consider using a Thesaurus or not picking up this game.
While you relish in the staleness of humanity, I'll be fencing against Medusa on my unicorn in the Middle Ages. Ciao <3~

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to the level building because you could make things act differnently than they normally do. Example: A bear can eat a plane. I'm probably going to make the American Revolution as my first level, what are you guys going to make?
I reposted this to keep the discussion away from THIS GAME SUXXXORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
That hat looks so awesome...though I heard that not every pre-order will recieve it :(
Well of course not, they olny have a limited quantity and fortunatly for me my gamestop is small and doesn't get has many people has other game stops and I preordered it either the day it was announced or 1-2 days later.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
^Why would you watch X-Play. Everyone likes the game, if look on its website you can see all its awards.
I shamelessly bump this thread.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Okay, so Scribblenauts was leaked on the interwebz and now that I've played it... well... I don't think it's that good. >_<

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Okay, so Scribblenauts was leaked on the interwebz and now that I've played it... well... I don't think it's that good. >_<
It's a lot of fun, but the gameplay videos were more fun to watch. I am on level 1-11 (the one Kotaku did in 16 tries), and it's more frustrating than fun. A lot of the levels I just barely beat, so when I go back and master the levels (beat them 3 times without using the same items), I am running out of ideas.

I'm still buying the game, but it's not living up to the huge hype I had before. It's fun and unique, but I think it would have been better on PC with a keyboard.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, this looks pretty interesting. I might have to check it out.

I wonder if those people are playing it on a RO...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Guess. The clues are it was leaked, and it was on the internet.
You seemed to misunderstood me. I knew the leak was out for a while (thanks to...you know what).

What I wanted to know was did he do the most obvious stuff (like if some one was asking for a drink, you give him water) or do the most random thing ever (summoning a coffee shop)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You seemed to misunderstood me. I knew the leak was out for a while (thanks to...you know what).

What I wanted to know was did he do the most obvious stuff (like if some one was asking for a drink, you give him water) or do the most random thing ever (summoning a coffee shop)
Sadly, this type of thing is NEEDED if you want to master levels. While that seems like a good thing, forcing you to think of a new way to solve a level isn't too fun. Ultimately, the game is a puzzle pack, and it would have been better on PC.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I got the game and I'm playing it right now. Before getting I had a feeling it would have been limited or something, but now that I tried it, I love it!

I mean seriously, they even have "tumor" in the game!

Although I still agree it would have been better on the PC for the typing.

Darkurai

Smash Master
PC would've made for better typing, but overall it's a great game and I'm glad that it's on a handheld.

However, glancing through the thread, one of you guys' biggest complaints (not being able to re-use items in completed levels) turned out to be 100% wrong. The "Advance Mode" after you complete a level is a mode where you finish the level three consecutive times, and you can't use items you used on the previous try.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just got this game recently. I love it how they included some of the Internet memes like the rick roll and the keyboard cat. I haven't been this excited for a new DS game for a long time.

So far I'm loving this game, I'll be playing it for the next while. :)

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was going to get this, then I learned that the Dpad doesn't control and I was SERIOUSLY put off about it. Honestly, there is NOTHING I hate more about any game than having to move with the touch screen, and in my opinion is a friggin' design flaw.

Top Bottom