• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar on the Melee vs Brawl debate: What does competitive really mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
man, i miss my captain falcon :(...he's so bad now - but is anyone else really really excited about the usb gecko project?
I definitely am. I'm curious as to it's limitations... like, Nintendo will obviously know about it eventually, so is it possible that they'd release a patch that'd render it obsolete? Or is it untouchable?

I suppose this would be a better question for the Gecko thread.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I definitely am. I'm curious as to it's limitations... like, Nintendo will obviously know about it eventually, so is it possible that they'd release a patch that'd render it obsolete? Or is it untouchable?

I suppose this would be a better question for the Gecko thread.
the answer is no - the patch would have to be dlc of some kind and they've nixed that idea - also the usb gecko project is not designed to used for cheating so they shouldn't care.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It's already been patched once. Snake's dthrow changed a bit. It was patched about a month ago, people got the patch when they connected to wifi

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's already been patched once. Snake's dthrow changed a bit. It was patched about a month ago, people got the patch when they connected to wifi
Yea, I noticed that too.
<.< So, all of that BS about down loadable content is just funny now, because by the nature of that patch, it is possible >.<.
Possible for DLC, which Nintendo denies us, and possible to mod it unofficially.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its not "True" its "Virtual", since it was not there until we forced it to exist.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I haven't touched my wii in weeks lol. Honestly, it's not just Sakurai, Nintendo has made all the games for wii easy and ****** friendly. Where's the challenge? What happened to fun AND challenging games like Pikmin, Windwaker, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, etc the list goes on and on. What the hell do we have now?!!? Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess; all fun games, but all insanely easy. Sigh, ****ing nintendo appealing to the casual gamers instead of the hardcore ones that got them where they are today.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Mario Kart too T_T

It's fun, but Mario Kart has still gone downhill imo. Online is a saving grace though.

I haven't touched Melee in months lol

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart feels like the SNES version, which is the only one I liked in the past... the n64 and cube versions tried to get too cute and gimmicky.

DS was good. Wii rocks.

The Wii is useful for Melee and Mario Kart now, hooray!

(I never owned a gamecube... though I've owned 5 or 6 GC controllers, lol)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Super Mario RPG T_T

Good times

I was really looking forward to SMRPG representation in Brawl. Geno AND Mallow. And Forest Maze somewhere.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
In no particular order:
1) Melee
2) Pikmin
3) Pikmin 2
4) Ikaruga
5) Soul Caliber 2
6) Windwaker
7) Super Mario Sunshine
8) Metroid Prime
9) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
10) Resident Evil 4
11) Eternal Darkness

There's a few more. I'll post when I remember them.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Okay... now I think that even Mario Kart Wii is kind of not fun... nothing matters until the end of the last lap...

Oh Nintendo... I suppose I'll have to learn to love mediocrity.

(Or buy a PS3)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
In no particular order:
1) Melee
2) Pikmin
3) Pikmin 2
4) Ikaruga
5) Soul Caliber 2
6) Windwaker
7) Super Mario Sunshine
8) Metroid Prime
9) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
10) Resident Evil 4
11) Eternal Darkness

There's a few more. I'll post when I remember them.
Someone loves the Gamecube games more than Nintendo's past games. Interesting to say the least.

Edit: Also, Brawl sucks (at least to me ;_;). Go to the GA Melee tourney for Melee action people. It's at the top part (stickied) in the "Tourney Listings" section.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.>...
Right.
Well, we don't expect everyone to buy a USB Gecko for the use of the patch.
At most, you'll just need to download the patch and the homebrew channel to launch it.
@_@ Thats still very far away though...

Also: The Multiplayer on Zoids: Battle Legends was sick.

-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom