• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC -- SC, Where You Been!? -- Date: 3/13/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lareit

Smash Ace
It amuses me how hard Devin and Snap are working towards sabotaging any chance of coming to some sort of terms of agreement with this. Considering both of them try to be active in the smash scene.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I rated this thread 5 stars-the entertainment value is priceless.

I still don't understand why you guys can't just hang out and play Smash. Do you really need to wager money? That's a little silly.
Joe we're playing melee tomorrow.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
khai sorry i couldnt get back to you on aim, i was at crios house playing melee.

if you wanna play brawl i dont really do much of that anymore. but anything else im down man. Talk to devin if you wanna play some brawl.

or come to this!

also AZ% just confirmed for this.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I can't believe MLG is actually picking up Brawl...

I guess they finally had to at some point

~Nevermind, it's being based mostly off of online battles, which in shape or form shows your true skill...shame...MLG knows better....I'm ashamed of Sundace and the crew...

They know Wii WiFi sucks lol -- Meaning the best online guy will show up, and lose to people who play IRL, I can't wait to see videos of that shiz!

M2K, ADHD, Ally, and some others will automatically get Pro Status...it's no competition lol

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I'm about Brawl and BlazBlue. And some SF4. Let me know if you guys want to do some of that. I'm in Charlotte so not far from Rock Hill. So is something going on the 13th or not?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Possibly, It looks like I'll be the only one bringing a T.V though lol

Pending the number of set-ups it's more a smashfest than a tournament lol

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'll bring a setup.

And actually Atomsk and HolyNightmare are pretty dominate at Online. So is an Olimar Dabuz. Ally and ADHD are still pro online, but maybe not the best.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
the best online player is Ally.

or ADHD.
I'll bring a setup.

And actually Atomsk and HolyNightmare are pretty dominate at Online. So is an Olimar Dabuz. Ally and ADHD are still pro online, but maybe not the best.
I see they were able to take that and use it in offline matches...

But who else who plays online has their tournament experience?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Why? Even if I don't break even...I'll make this happen again...whether or not you all care (no offense, that's just the vibe I'm getting)

Since I've done these, I've NEVER come close to breaking even

It really didn't matter then and It doesn't matter now lawl, but if you must know...

~Think! 2x12=What?~

zCasanova

Smash Lord
If we can't be honest with each other, I'm skipping out on these.

A place to play, or not, I'm through putting money in DJ's pocket—I'm absolutely positive that I've more than paid mine and Bo's end of the deposit for the theater room.

————

Not too mention, you're allowed to enter singles for free, and at the last bi-weekly, I gave you the $5 you spent on doubles back—out of my winnings—because you asked.

Running tournaments isn't a job, you don't get paid for it—it should be done for fun, not profit.

If you're doing it for the latter, then not only are you taking advantage of the position you're in, but you're also taking advantage of us.

I would feel differently on the matter if things were upfront from the get-go—who cares if you pay for the room? I don't! But, be honest with the people that are there helping you.

A Guide to helping your community as a TO

You shouldn't be trying to make a profit from this, and you shouldn't have been forced to spend a large sum of money to set this up. Thus there should be no venue fee and you shouldn't be taking any money from the pot unless absolutely necessary.
If the tournament date hits and you get much more than expected and the venue fee gets you more than enough, don't keep the money for yourself! Yes, you are putting in a lot of work, but this isn't a paying job. You are doing this for your community, not your finances.
Also, once again, this is a small scale event, don't give in and spend a ton of money on the venue. No one will want to pay a venue fee for a small tournament.
For everyone who's confused, wants to know wtf this is about or simply disagrees with me—make sure you're aware of the full story before you get a big ****, i.e. cancellations, lies, Xbox360's, etc.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
oh, if thats the case...then, I'll stop playing...my bad all you had to do was say no

lol

I completely understand the situation and I apologize for that

Next time if I make a decision that may hurt my pocket...I won't re-*** on it

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If we can't be honest with each other, I'm skipping out on these.

A place to play, or not, I'm through putting money in DJ's pocket—I'm absolutely positive that I've more than paid mine and Bo's end of the deposit for the theater room.

————

Not too mention, you're allowed to enter singles for free, and at the last bi-weekly, I gave you the $5 you spent on doubles back—out of my winnings—because you asked.

Running tournaments isn't a job, you don't get paid for it—it should be done for fun, not profit.

If you're doing it for the latter, then not only are you taking advantage of the position you're in, but you're also taking advantage of us.

I would feel differently on the matter if things were upfront from the get-go—who cares if you pay for the room? I don't! But, be honest with the people that are there helping you.

A Guide to helping your community as a TO

For everyone who's confused, wants to know wtf this is about or simply disagrees with me—make sure you're aware of the full story before you get a big ****, i.e. cancellations, lies, Xbox360's, etc.
Gave you all the chances in the world to come out with it.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Oaky, first off~

I do pay for the room, and the venue fee is really to help me pay for the room next time. So this can happen again...I admit my personal life sometimes can be really irritating and I apologize for [in a way] irritating you all with it as I have been -- I'll refrain from doing that now on

Meaning as long as I'm able, I'll try to keep doing these. Take advantage of people!? No, never. I just want to have some fun. As in, people show up play and have a good time

But understand if I were to make no venue fee these would happen even less than they do now (as sad as I am to say that) because I don't have deep pockets ~ I am willing to, when I get money from leftover school cash, to make a free venue fee every now and then

In the end, you guys and these tournaments are all I have that keeps me from going crazy lol, I'm willing to do what it takes to keep these up and running effeciently

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I wish you had said something sooner and we could have addressed this.

I never meant for this to happen

I guessed I should have noticed that it did look like that and I should have addressed why. And, I should have re-assured you all it wasn't what you think it was

I don't/never planned on taknig advantage of anyone. I just wanted something to do with smash

And about the money...I never kept any of it...I would put in a jar specifically made for renting the room. Meaning, I had my own money and money to rent the room with (I.E. Venue Fee)

And because I NEVER broke even. I ALWAYS used some of MY OWN money to pay for the place. I will CONTINUE to do it as long as people are willing to come and have fun!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
DJ, what are you talking about?

It's a $100 refundable deposit to rent the theater room.

Why does it cost you money? Are you not turning the key in on time, or something?

I know, for a fact, that you've accumulated more than $100 since the first tournament.

So, you're either spending the deposit money, which we've should've replaced by now, or still making **** up.

Like I said, I don't give a **** about a door fee, just be one-hundred with us.

Edit:

Matter-of-factly, I've offered to cover the entire cost of the room several times in order to make these consistent, if money was indeed the problem.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
No, that rule is old. Very old.

The only time you have to pay that kind of cash is if the place gets destroyed like TRC house'

It used to be that way. But people tend to take care of the place so they changed that rule...BUT, that may be the deposit my MOTHER made to live in the complex as well. That I don't know of

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Please explain? What were you told that I don't know? which is highly possible

I don't believe I'm lying. But, I would like to hear your side before I speak

Something may have not crossed my attention

I'm not trying to do anything wrong here- if I hear something from you that doesn't add up, I'll speak up

I want this to float smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom