• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sastophastic Techniques

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, being a huge fan of sastopher (Ended up meeting him at a tournament... he came in Second against S-Royal in singles.. I was actually pretty upset with that outcome, but oh well. S-Royal was bloody good. Got Sas's Autograph though, on my pink bandana :p) I am currently wondering why I didn't do this earlier.

His techniques, Share them with me.
All of the technical skill tricks he does, like pulling turnips in midair while running off the stage.
All of his strategies, all of his tactics, particulairly regarding Space animals (Falco is the one I have most trouble with), Sheik, and Marth players.

He's probably the best Peach player in the world right now, So It's worth our time to figure out what he does, and how he does it. Ready!? GO!

Me14k

Smash Lord
Ive actually never heard of this peach player before, I watched sas's vids, and I can easily say that while sas is a good peach, sas is definitly not a top peach player. It seems to me that the only reason sas does well is that sas is a smart player, and doesnt make mistakes.

Did you ever hear of Mike G.? Vidjo? Mikael? They are, to me the three best peach players. Hella is also close to this list...Azen plays a nice peach too.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Ive actually never heard of this peach player before, I watched sas's vids, and I can easily say that while sas is a good peach, sas is definitly not a top peach player. It seems to me that the only reason sas does well is that sas is a smart player, and doesnt make mistakes.

Did you ever hear of Mike G.? Vidjo? Mikael? They are, to me the three best peach players. Hella is also close to this list...Azen plays a nice peach too.
If you saw him play live, I'm sure you would have a different opinion.. And furthermore, did you just rate Mike G and Hella Above Sastopher? 0.0...

I would put Mike G and Vidjo on Par with Sastopher, by the way. And yes, I have heard of every single one of those peach players... and Azen too, but he's kind of a wildcard in terms of the characters he plays.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
and don't forget Wife..

I've never heard of Sastopher before, but i search youtube for some vids and from what i can see, they're a pretty great player. I've probaly never heard of this person before cause they stick to local tournies.

Me14k

Smash Lord
If you saw him play live, I'm sure you would have a different opinion.. And furthermore, did you just rate Mike G and Hella Above Sastopher? 0.0...

I would put Mike G and Vidjo on Par with Sastopher, by the way. And yes, I have heard of every single one of those peach players... and Azen too, but he's kind of a wildcard in terms of the characters he plays.
Mike G. Is definitly a better peach player than sastopher, im not saying sastopher is bad, im just saying that Mike G. Is the best peach player period.

And about azen...i know he plays pretty much every character, but peach is one of his more commonly used players.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Mike G. isn't as good as he used to be, and in my opinion was never the best, and I haven't seen or heard much of Vidjo in awhile, aside from that Mathos gayed him really hard or something on Brinstar. I'd still rank him among the top Peaches, but he has got to have the worst region for playing Peach with DarkRain, Jiano, Eddie, KishPrime's puff, and every gay campy spammy Fox/Falco on the planet.

Wife is 3-0 Tournament vs. PC Chris, that's all I'm sayin on that subject, but TA gives him alot of trouble, specifically their top 3-4 (KM, Aho, G-reg).

Sastopher is amazing as well.

Azen's Peach isn't... that great, it's pretty gay though. He lost dittos vs. Ryoko I think, and hasn't played her seriously in awhile (since then?).

Anyway, could someone answer this man's questions? I don't really play Peach so I don't know much about beating spacies except chaingrab, then annihilate them off the edge and stay airborne when you can to avoid shinecombos.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I forgot all about wife >.<

I havent seen much of wife lately..got any videos? If wife played that well against pc chris, then he definitly improved alot.

You have any recent vids of mike g to back up ur point that he degraded?

peachori

Smash Journeyman
sastopher is a really good peach, and he's been around tbh. vidjo, mikeg, and wife woould probably be the best american peaches imo. and then ikki and mikael of course (esp mikael). but yeah, anyone who's been playing peach for a while should know of sas, he doesnt play a fancy peach like mikeg but its effective. and yeah, hella's good, but cmon guys he's nowhere near the others.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Mikael is the best Peach in the world. This isn't even debatable.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why haven't people heard of Sastopher? He's a darn good peach and use to get 1st all the time in Washingtion which has plenty of good players (he is now second to Ka Master now). Sorry, I have nothing to contribute besides that Mikael is indeed the best peach in the world (Vdijo is a close second). This is all my opnion so take it as you will.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Sastopher is good but hes definitely not the best Peach player in the world or anything. I definitely have looked up to him in the past as well.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I am almost positive Ken said Vidjo was the most underrated player...
So i guess Vidjo might be the best...maybe...
Btw is Wife over or under rated??? From what i have seen he is a lil overrated..

Redragon

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok I read the first post of every thread only lol.

Sastopher was a good Peach getting Second at Melee FC3 lost to Ken last game last Stock on YS of all places. But as far as good Peaches go.

Mikeal was my main idol for a little while but he is like retiring or something.

Vidjo is insanely underrated he has an awesome Peach with nice tech skill and mindgames

Wife taught me Peach and was really good at his prime

Mike G. does not have combos he has Consecutive Hits

XIF is also a very sexy Peach his Peach is fuxing with ghey making it teh ubernessly good. I love leet talking

I would have to say that all in all Peaches
IMO IMO IMO IMO < never stressed enough
Mike G.
Vidjo
Mikeal
Sastopher
Wife
XIF

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone seem to forget that Sastopher whooped Vidjo in that crazy crew battle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZC8ee7mXp0
Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that's Ken's sister in the background shrieking like a cheerleader
Whooped him? Vidjo had 2 lives only, though I do admit, Sastopher did a great job clearing Vidj's 1st life, and still had 25%. But if that was a real game, Vidjo still would've had a chance. Also, you can't tell if someone's better by dittos.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Vidjo is the best in America thats all haha. He has beaten PC Chris, M2K, Drephen, Wes, Joe Bushman, etc. No one beats him except Darkrain but then he turned around and beat him with pikachu but thats beside the fact :) Also he is one heck of a teammate winning the FC6 with M2K also MLG with Neo way back in the day thats just what I remember. So yeah, his only problem is that he doesn't get around to tournaments enough :(

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Vidjo only loses to people he plays in tournament all the time, after like 5 years of playing this game they might have picked up on his style.

And that vid of sas and vidjo is 2 years old, it doesn't really matter at this point, besides, vidjo is rapesauce at dittos now.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why does everyone seem to forget that Sastopher whooped Vidjo in that crazy crew battle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZC8ee7mXp0
Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that's Ken's sister in the background shrieking like a cheerleader
how can u say totally whooped it was a crew battle vidjo had 2 lifes and took one life away from sas. he didn't get totally whooped at all if it wasn a crew battle then it would be different

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Woh Woh, horribly off topic. This fine young lad only wanted to learn some of the techniques of his favorite Peach player, and here everyone comes in arguing who's the best Peach. Silliness if you ask me.

As much as I hate Peach to death, being an IC player, I love the fact that she's so versatile in play style. I've played a countless amount of Peaches in my days, and very seldom do I find 2 Peaches that play identically. The thing I love about Sastopher's Peach is his vs Marth game. He constantly puts the pressure he puts on his opponents, using turnips to approach opposed to camping. It's fun to watch because Sas is effectively aggressive with Peach, and makes Marths look silly at times. (I hate Marth too btw.) Here's a vid vs S-Royals Marth that shows the match-up pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgbRLhqp0s

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
Vidjo isn't the best peach in the world. If that's the case, why does he lose so much to people Mikael probably wouldn't lose to?
this is seriously tha stupidest post ive ever seen...how do u expect ppl to answer that? why doesnt vidjo beat ppl mikael would PROBABLY beat? **** u, stop riding japanese playerz diznickz, you have no idea who mikael would or wouldnt beat here in america so dont assume

sastopher quit btw, hez not even on washington power rankingz anymore, but i first started edgegaurding ppl by dropping off tha ledge with a bair after seeing sas do it to ka-master. i dont know if he was tha first to do it but ya jsut 1 thing i picked up from em, i was alwayz scared to do stuff like that with peach but after seein em do it and recover easily i added it to my game

mikeg also quit, so ya no point in talking about him anymore.

so i guess that leavez vidjo, wife, and XELIC SON BAM

Me14k

Smash Lord
this is seriously tha stupidest post ive ever seen...how do u expect ppl to answer that? why doesnt vidjo beat ppl mikael would PROBABLY beat? **** u, stop riding japanese playerz diznickz, you have no idea who mikael would or wouldnt beat here in america so dont assume

sastopher quit btw, hez not even on washington power rankingz anymore, but i first started edgegaurding ppl by dropping off tha ledge with a bair after seeing sas do it to ka-master. i dont know if he was tha first to do it but ya jsut 1 thing i picked up from em, i was alwayz scared to do stuff like that with peach but after seein em do it and recover easily i added it to my game

mikeg also quit, so ya no point in talking about him anymore.

so i guess that leavez vidjo, wife, and XELIC SON BAM
It doesnt matter if they quit.

You can still talk about them and you can still gain tips from them. Mikael retired..I still look for mikael matches in order to improve my game because I feel he is the best peach player.

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
okay all im saying is neither him, mikeg, or sas should be considered best peach in tha world since they quit, so therez no point in arguing about it

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Let's just say that there's so many retardedly good peaches that it's impossible to place them all. Unless we have a Peach only tournament (yay for matches that run the timer out), but that'd only determine who is best in dittos.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Sastopher Quit!? NOOOOOOO!
I guess it figures... seems like alot of wicked players are quiting these days.
Will someone please lock this ****ing thread now? Maybe If I swear enough the mods will look at it and close the thread.
**** **** ***** **** **** *** motha

Top Bottom