• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saskatchewan Social: Jigglypuff! Thousands of them!

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Also, Rob if you're not opposed, we've been discussing making a new thread for the Saskatoon weeklies. Since you don't make it out quite as often as you used to, and Cole has - for the most part - taken over TO duties out here, we decided to make our own rule set. Cole's going to be bringing his laptop to every weekly, so we'll be recording bracket results (possibly for a PR). We may also start running SF4 and Brawl+.

Anyway, scrapping this thread would be ********, so how do you feel about making this the Saskatchewan discussion thread and putting it in the Social forum?

Llumys

Smash Champion
After quite a bit of though, this is what I think we should do for rules:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair

Banned
Meta Knight

Llumys

Smash Champion
Monty, I think your Meta Knight should start working on stuff to do between tornadoes and shuttle loops.

Also, Saskatchewan isn't much behind anyone else, the ruleset was because we were having a little discussion on a couple legal stages at our last weekly.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
I only spam tornado against you. Other people I've played against said I don't use it enough (Pho, for example).

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Olimar has a lot more trouble DI'ing out of Tornado than Falco. Falco also has more options to stop Tornado (lasers, shine, bair and dair for example).

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Nothing dude. You just asked what you have to do to make me stop using Tornado. My answer was simple - stop using Olimar.

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
Settle around.
Just got a bunch of new textures for brawl+, White Mage Peach is just sweet.
Llumys, counterpick Falco and Lucario against Metaknights.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair

Banned
Meta Knight
I disagree with having such a large number of starter stages, except maybe if there's stage striking. The point of neutral stages is that they're supposed to be as unbiased as possible. Castle Siege disgusts me.
This is what I'm thinking:
Neutral:
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi's
Smashville
Halberd
Picto

Counter:
Lylat
Siege
PKMN S1
Delfino
Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar

Banned:
Johns
Ganon, he's clearly getting too good of an anti MK counterpick. He overcentralizes the metagame.

O

Ortin

Oh well.

Also, this computer = slooooooow

You guys know my number. Hit me up anytime for anything.

EDIT: Smash, anyone?

- Rob

O

Ortin

There's a park?

Also, I obviously can't invite people to Ortin's like I actually live here, so it has to be somewhere else.

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
Haha sorry for not checking in for a while guys; my laptop's toast. Again.
I'll make the new thread either today or tomorrow morning.
I'm sure we could use the Uni again for smash if need be...?
I'm starting a discussion on SFIV now, what should we do with it? Make a bi-weekly? Make a Sunday weekly? place it after smash on Saturday afternoons?

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
I have also been dragged out of town for a family event. Still, send me a text either tonight or tomorrow for your Megaman Rob. Either that, or I'll go to Yorkton this weekend to drop it off. It would be better if you picked it up, though.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Rob, I'm gonna text you around 9pm. That's when we'll be rolling through Yorkton. I may go up again during the weekend, though.

Top Bottom