• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I'm down to play in Santa Cruz this week ! Text or post here if anyone has any ideas of where to play. I can bring a wii and extra copy of melee ( 2 melees total).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Haha, if that's Miles then yeah I do remember, been hella days. We have very impromptu smashfests up here in Santa Cruz but we could probably put something planned together in the near future.

FFM

Smash Rookie
Haha, if that's Miles then yeah I do remember, been hella days. We have very impromptu smashfests up here in Santa Cruz but we could probably put something planned together in the near future.
Haha, yep it's me. I'd like to set up something, let me know when you are available to play man!

eriK

Smash Rookie
Okay, I don't know how to embed, but Truman and I had made a bet last week on a 5 game set, and yesterday completed both parts of our money match, the first of which is here:

The bet for this match was a couple bowls each––proof that drugs do help with performance enhancement. Enjoi~

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
what restrictions does youtube put on video uploads for new accounts?

also, that game was more enjoyable to watch than I expected. Maybe because its me playing....

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Last stock of the yoshi story game was pretty slick.

Watched the set and was thinking that Shine oos would be pretty useful here.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Erik is a Link main now? Pretty good set. I realized that we need an actual recording setup in SC.

eriK

Smash Rookie
Truman: My account isn't new (actually a relic now), but it did have a limitation on the video length (15:00), but I extended that (Idk by how long) by giving youtube/google my phone number.

Thomas: No, I'm just kind of cheating on Falcon with Link. My playstyle with both helps each, but I'm not entirely sure which is 'better'; they both have their (dis/)advantages, so both are my mains for now. As for evidence...

We did have one more set, which is HERE. Henry might like this one more.

Also, we should have a recording setup. And a channel. Looking forward to the day...

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Does anyone wanna help me test melee online via dolphin? There's more info on the topic in Melee Discussion.

EDIT: Never mind, my computer can't run the game very well.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
lookin to play tomorrow! (today) (Thursday)

im tryin to get paul and henry. Anyone else welcome to chime in

also @thomas, what specs do you need to run melee at a good fps?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
What time?

For specs, I believe you need at least an i5 with ~2.7 GHz and around 6-8 GB of RAM.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Truman and I might get some games in and watch some KoC stream. Not sure when though.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
im down almost always
(assuming im free)
wiling to drive up to campus to play anyone, assuming I can park there without getting a ticket....

yesssssss man, lets just play more smash, fuel that desire for self-improvement.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
me! today, at least

also, i've read that article before. I tend to think theres all gradients of flow.
cant say ive reached a magical level of flow in smash yet. gettin there. and i think wobbles likes using the term.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
We're gonna be hosting an SC tournament on May 18. We're working out the venue space and stuff. If everything goes smoothly it'll be in the Crown/Merrill Community Room again.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I am officially transferring to UCSC in fall. I'm really looking forward to having people to play against semi-regularly. With the exception of Sheridan, I don't think I've met any of you though.

What's uppppppp

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Siqquiddit. I will be gone by then though.

Tentatively I'm leaving The Deep pretty soon after our May 18 tourney, The Deep 3: Depthening intensifies. So let's all do some shight before then.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Where are you heading Sheridan?

I am not sure what I am doing yet. Lease on my house lasts through summer, but I am going wherever I can get a stable job. Plus graduating, so I might be leaving SC for good.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played in quite a while, anyone wanna Smash sometime between today and Sunday?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
hey guys, do we wanna have a smashfest this week (or weekend?)

I think we might have a sufficient amount of mobile set ups now. 2 at Dajuan's, and I noticed Nathan had a portable one, and I can drive to pick him and his setup up.
3 setups for a pretty big santa cruz smashgathering?

it'd be good to let all our various sects meet each other and play

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I am the leader of my own smash sect!

I am down for bigger smash gathering as well as playing tonight.

Top Bottom