• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Crowing

Smash Cadet
hmmm, I am going to be on campus till after 7. I guess it doesn't really matter right now because I wouldn't be able to charge it tonight.

eriK

Smash Rookie
Okay, possible smashfest at my place tonight––for anyone who doesn't know/remembers, College 8, building 2, second floor, left side, number 2202. I would say look for the dead rat outside, but sadly we got rid of it :(.

If possible, two setups would be good. We definitely have the room for them. Additionally, I believe I have action replay this quarter (maybe), so maybe that'll spice things up.

Truman/Erick/Henry/Emile/Thomas/Colin/anyone else around?

Edit: Let's have this going by 7, a bit earlier's fine with me too. Text me in advance if you're coming before 6, I'll probably be around by then.

eriK

Smash Rookie
If someone brings a laptop we could probably stream it on my flatscreen.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
They were streaming a bunch of pools matches not long ago but wave 3 of pools doesn't start for a while now.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm down. Let's get as many people as possible.

EDIT: Does anyone happen to have an N64 controller? I can bring my laptop and we can play smash 64 via emulator, but I have only one controller.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
it looks like just 4 or 5 of us
mehenryerikthomasemille?

erick doesnt want to go

henry, i can pick you up on my way up. i can go to your place at maybe 6ish

should i still bring an extra tv?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'll be there at like 6:30. I'll go eat at the College 8 dining hall then head over.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Is it quieren rather than quiren?? Google translate didn't know "usteden quiren".

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
hmm...

i think we have to summon fly_amanita for that

(is that how you spell it?)

ALSO

i didnt know that rumble is different for attacks that hit people (versus not rumbling as much for attacks that dont). i might try playing with rumble on for a few days

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
I'm a casual player (casual in that I've never had anyone to play/practice against) and I was thinking I might drop by one of your guys' meet ups sometime just to see what's up. How often and where do you usually play?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
I'm a casual player (casual in that I've never had anyone to play/practice against) and I was thinking I might drop by one of your guys' meet ups sometime just to see what's up. How often and where do you usually play?
we end up playing at any one of our houses in downtown (west) santa cruz, or up on UCSC campus. smash gatherings tend to happen kinda spontaneously on random days of the week...

so... if you're free at any particular time, we can see if any of us are free on that day and get a smashfest going

where are you from / living?

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
From San Jose, going to UCSC, living downtown. I'm usually free Thursday-Saturday. I don't have a controller with me right now, hopefully that won't be an issue.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I am sure we can find an extra controller for a meet up (I have another). We should try getting something going next weekend.

Going to a racquetball tourney this weekend!

AlphaBlack

Smash Rookie
UCSC Student here. I would like to join your smash bros get together. I'm a decent player and available most days of the week. The only problem is I did not bring my controller with me to school, so I'll need to borrow one. If that is a problem I could always just buy one then.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I can play sometime tomorrow. Do any of you new guys happen to have a Gamecube/Wii and a copy of Melee?

Truman, Erik, Colin, etc. do you guys wanna play tomorrow as well?

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
I'm going home next weekend so I can bring my Melee disc and GC if I decide to stick around. My memory card only works on my Wii but I'd rather bring my GC which should be fine as I can use someone else's memory card.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
All right, well hopefully we'll get something going today (if people respond to my texts :p).

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Yeah we'll be playing at my place. Crown/Merrill apartments Building 2, Room 212.

chaosphoenixhex

Smash Rookie
A New Challenger Approaches...!

Hi Kikimaru,

I'm a long-time melee player seeking alike experienced people in/around santa cruz since I work here weekends at night (like, now) and saw you were having people over at your place later today (Sunday) around 3ish; was hoping you'd be alright with having me there as well to challenge a few of you, should be fun : ] I only use Dr. Mario. My brother and I are on about the same skill level and I'm sure he'd be interested, though I'm not sure he could make it today. We're trying to expand our circle of friends to prepare for EVO so we'd be glad to get to know ya. Your locale details are in this thread above so I shouldn't have trouble getting there if you're cool with it, just wanted to put myself out there and confirm it's fine first. My name's Travis by the way, hi. I'm on yahoo/aim/hotmail/skype as chaosphoenixmage if you'd like to IM else here is cool

chaosphoenixhex

Smash Rookie
Addendum

Also, sorry to say but I don't have a system/disc/controller on me, though I could bring one next time if there is one, is that okay? I think I could prove a worthwhile fight ;)

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Change of location: Crown/Merrill Community room. AlphaBlack are you coming as well?

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
not a bad smashfest

dsm01, what was your name again? (and maybe a cell number so we can text you for some gatherings?)

we should try and get another one up this week. and actually include pan Zalewski, Bwana McDaniel, and 先生 Toy

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
I'm Michael and my cell is (408) 828-8135. I had a great time tonight (especially in teams with whoever was Falcon) and I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that I'm pretty good at this game. Looking forward to the next Smashfest!

Almost forgot, here's how to do the character selection bug that no one has ever heard of.

Top Bottom