• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

eriK

Smash Rookie
Anyone not super busy Friday? Or maybe Saturday? I hope we can have at least one more moderately-big smashfest before the year is up.

@Thomas: pretty unique matchup, I thought that was worth watching. The way Leffen's Yoshi playstyle seems to influence his Falco's is interesting.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Peach is Yoshi's worst matchup overall. Leffen cancelled his double jump at the wrong times too often, which caused him to get gimped. I think he should've used Yoshi for the whole set, or at least his Fox more.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Dave it was awesome having you around in The Deep while it lasted, you bring a sort of mature Asian homie element to the party that I for one appreciate.

I'll be out of town through Monday night but I hope we can do some smashing with whomever is around next week.
I agree.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Dave it was awesome having you around in The Deep while it lasted, you bring a sort of mature Asian homie element to the party that I for one appreciate.
You too Sheridan! All of you guys were awesome, it was the most fun chillin with u guys and just laughing and being entertained by all of you

and for the first time in years I feel like I actually improved at Melee =)

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
You too Sheridan! All of you guys were awesome, it was the most fun chillin with u guys and just laughing and being entertained by all of you

and for the first time in years I feel like I actually improved at Melee =)
man... will we ever see each other again dave? will the dream team ever resurface again to overthrow dajuan and sheridan?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Anyone want to play today maybe? Studying for finals on a Saturday is way to boring.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm down to play. I should probably start practicing parries and reverse edge egg throws to pick up my game a bit.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dudes alright dudes

when/where is this going down
i say soon, and preferably not on campus, for one

very ecxited to play ganondorf with my own controller again haha

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I don't want to play on campus. Also wanted to watch the Boston/Miami game, so I was thinking about later in the evening.

I just started using my last "unused" controller. I couldn't even dash dance right with my main orange one. Certain tech skill things feel so smooth, while others I have to adjust too. Controller johns are legit in my book now.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
5:30. And my house is fine. I was about to go shopping myself for some recipes. And to find a good dunkelweizen beer if I can find one :)

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
What time are you guys going to play, then? I'll probably head over there after I eat dinner.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dunno, maybe.... 6? 7? i'm brushing my teeth right now, had to clean up a bit, and i'm about to head downtown/ to henry's

Shroomed

Smash Master
We have a study room booked from 10am to 10pm tomorrow in mchenry on the ground floor. I deleted the email with the room number but just go to the ground floor and look for a familiar face. Our room can fit like 12 or 20 people so all are welcome!!

Let's get it in for finals!

:phone:

The room is mchenry 0345

EDIT: The room is being used and since I'm the only one here I didn't kick the people out. I'm a little further down the hall (past the room) at the Digital Media Center. If people arrive just come down there and we'll commandeer the room.

eriK

Smash Rookie
We need more people in McHenry! Anyone else coming?

EDIT: Dajuan has abandoned ship, left to study at Costco. Henry is now here, and we've taken room 0337 on the ground floor. If we get 2 more people we'll take over the reserved room. Even in the world of studying, power is essential for survival.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Sup dudes, just moved to the west coast from the midwest, thinking about picking up the controller again after a year and a half of retirement. I only really played Brawl seriously though, it looks like Melee and 64 is more prevalent here. Is that true?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
This thread is 100% melee pretty much. There must be some brawl/64 players at ucsc, but I do not know them.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Welcome! It's true that Melee is the most prevalent, but I'm probably the only one here that plays all three smash bros. games. Anyway, there are a few occasional Brawl tournaments hosted at the UCSC campus each year with some pretty good players, so that can help satisfy your Brawl needs. If not, then you can ask me to play, but I prefer Melee much more and will rather go to a Melee event than a Brawl event.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants a study break today, I am down to play. Pretty much free all day.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Does 9ish work for you? I have my only final for the week today at 7:30 and it's only 45 minutes long.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Okay, tomorrow I have literally nothing to do so if anyone wants to smash please let me know.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Does 1 PM sound good for anyone tomorrow? We should probably meet up at someone's house because playing in the S&E Gaming Lab is going to be like sitting in an oven.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I am free all day except for around 5:30-8 or whenever I stop my paleomag study session. Could play after that on campus if people wanted.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Done with those pesky finals. And in a week, I'll be really bored and not know what to do with myself.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
All right, I'm leaving SC today at 7. I just wanted to let you all know that it was lots of fun playing with you guys and I really think I improved a lot by doing so! I'll be back next year and even some of this summer, so see you guys then!

joeplicate

Smash Master
suppp gonna have a party at my house tomorrow :D

come threw everybody!
trying to keep smash to a minimum but it should still be a sweet time

:phone:

Top Bottom